• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8343 users

Path of Exile - Page 1425

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-01 08:46:05
June 01 2018 08:44 GMT
#28481
I think I might be boring and just do champion reave/bf. I want something good for doing shaper and red elder really early in league and such. And fast clearing. I kinda thought of poets, but don't really want to do it again after having just played it to 100 in flashback, although I love the build. Also thought of maybe gc mines but it's not very fun to map with
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-01 08:46:14
June 01 2018 08:45 GMT
#28482
On June 01 2018 10:45 bo1b wrote:
Well, you're wrong, in fact, not only does that work, but so do flat ele jewels from abyss's.

Damaging ailments work by taking the base damage of the skill, then the multipliers associated with the skill and that ailment. It used to work by having the base damage of the skill be affected by all the multipliers, and then that was further multiplied again when the ailment damage was dealt.

Spells have a higher base damage then attacks as it's so much easier to affect the base damage for attacks. If it wasn't like this, outside of unique effects, a white bow from act 1 would deal the same ignite dps for burning arrow that brood twine does.

As it is, modifiers to the flat phys and fire range affect the burning arrow base damage which ignites are calculated off. And the %phys works because burning arrow is a physical damaging ability converted to fire.

I was sure until now that flat damage and non fire/elemental/dot/general damage increases don't work on ignite but you are right.
I guess I avoided flat increases for spells because they screw up EE activation but that is not a problem for Burning arrow as you can scale flat fire for weapons and use OoS to activate EE.
Only Anger is not an option for this.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
June 01 2018 08:50 GMT
#28483
On June 01 2018 17:23 Alur wrote:
The struggle is real, I have two teamspeaks to be in. Evo and Echelon pls ditch TL clan and TS and join my gang.

If it turns out to just be Echelon and me or something (or just me) I don't see a reason to not hop over to your TS. We can figure that out shortly before it starts, I don't want to see lag/gunde/yurie all lonely if they decide to show up.

Your guild is massively inferior though so no can do that portion (I say that as I have no idea if we even get a full HC group =P).

On June 01 2018 16:47 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
When does the new season start? Any notable new stuff?

Also where are all the build lists for noobie, unimaginative people like me

2200 CEST!

I'm not aware of any of us having a list, the regulars like Mathil/Ziggy/Tarke have some trees out at least.

On June 01 2018 16:51 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2018 16:34 r.Evo wrote:
I just found out that melee skellies are actually a thing and it's not looking shit either. Can also use the usually cheap Queen's Escape for zoom zoom mapclear.

* Melee Skelly Summoner
* Fire/Lightning Trap Sab
* Fireball/Vaal Flameblast Trickster

Bit unsure, those are all cool builds to start with. I'm still leaning traps, just in case the summoner levelling is annoying. Trickster plan is solid but a bit more gear dependent? I dno. TIME FOR A ZIGGYD APPROVED BUILD I GUESS.

Either way, I'll hang out on TS like an hour before start as usual. Not sure if we'll have a group this time at all, been a bit quiet all around.

TS info:
+ Show Spoiler +
Server: teamspeak-de01fn.typefrag.com:5885
PW: evopls

Summon levelling is great :\

By the way, range skellies are mega op as well, probably better for zoom zoom but worse then melee for elder I'd imagine. Still viable on it though, certainly.

Regarding arc, I think there's a real argument for playing traps and shotgunning with cluster traps.

I mean it's good for sure, but it beating a trapper? No way, unless it's massively better than SRS which I doubt.

Agreed on arctraps. It depends on targeting mostly, from what I tested out so far they're fine if you can throw them in the middle of a pack but even with just a little bit of distance they can shoot into a "wrong" direction first and then completely whiff. Bit like how KB/BL etc. are all shit on traps compared to mines because those actually target properly.

Arc mines are probably completely busted this patch but I never got around to playing around with those and not sure if I'd like it.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10966 Posts
June 01 2018 08:50 GMT
#28484
Do Vaal skills work with trap support?
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
June 01 2018 09:17 GMT
#28485
Yep
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
June 01 2018 09:42 GMT
#28486
Would be awesome to get an hc group going if there is interest.
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
June 01 2018 10:39 GMT
#28487
It seems like it has been mostly settled, but in case anyone is interested here is a source for how damage conversion works with ailments.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
June 01 2018 11:48 GMT
#28488
I guess if you just remember that ailments scale off the skill they were applied by, and that all attack skills hould innately have a "physical" tag on them, then scaling ignite by increasing %phys damage makes sense.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
June 01 2018 11:53 GMT
#28489
On June 01 2018 20:48 bo1b wrote:
I guess if you just remember that ailments scale off the skill they were applied by, and that all attack skills hould innately have a "physical" tag on them, then scaling ignite by increasing %phys damage makes sense.

Well if you manage to get a 500k shaper dps with ignite only by using Burning Arrow do share with us PoB link for it.

I would love to make a Trickster version from it if I cannot make a spell based Ignite build work.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
June 01 2018 12:01 GMT
#28490
As a fun sidenote, challenges are out and they managed to add "reach level 100" to endgame grind. Incursion rooms & new Vaal implicits were also linked on reddit.

Looks like lvl 21 Vaal skill gems are the holy grail, vaal implicits seem nerfed. Some of them have crazy low odds now.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 01 2018 12:24 GMT
#28491
On June 01 2018 17:21 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2018 16:47 bo1b wrote:
On June 01 2018 15:14 Alur wrote:
On June 01 2018 14:09 bo1b wrote:
It scales up, as the ignite damage is effectively calculated as being phys -> fire, so one increases the other. Try opening up path of building and giving it a shot.

I guess it's easier to think of it as physical damage doing ignite damage. Idk

Yup just did, it does work. Seems unintuitive with how ignite scales from base damage.

It's because the ignite in this case is effectively doing physical based fire damage, so don't think of it as scaling the base damage so much as the ignite itself, via phys damage. Sounds stupid, but that's how it works. Same principle in scaling cold ignites with hrimburn I guess.

That does sound stupid. Because the ignite itself is exclusively fire damage, the fact that it "remembers" that the hit was converted from phys seems bizarre.


It would be terrible to convert damage if it didn't work like this. You would essentially be changing your damage type and doing significantly less damage for doing so.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-01 13:20:05
June 01 2018 13:12 GMT
#28492
On June 01 2018 21:24 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2018 17:21 Alur wrote:
On June 01 2018 16:47 bo1b wrote:
On June 01 2018 15:14 Alur wrote:
On June 01 2018 14:09 bo1b wrote:
It scales up, as the ignite damage is effectively calculated as being phys -> fire, so one increases the other. Try opening up path of building and giving it a shot.

I guess it's easier to think of it as physical damage doing ignite damage. Idk

Yup just did, it does work. Seems unintuitive with how ignite scales from base damage.

It's because the ignite in this case is effectively doing physical based fire damage, so don't think of it as scaling the base damage so much as the ignite itself, via phys damage. Sounds stupid, but that's how it works. Same principle in scaling cold ignites with hrimburn I guess.

That does sound stupid. Because the ignite itself is exclusively fire damage, the fact that it "remembers" that the hit was converted from phys seems bizarre.


It would be terrible to convert damage if it didn't work like this. You would essentially be changing your damage type and doing significantly less damage for doing so.

It makes sense that it works like that when talking about the initial hit. But in terms of having %phys scale the ignite I don't agree, simply because you're using phys increases to scale damage that in itself has never been converted (there is no such thing as physdmg ignites).
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
June 01 2018 13:24 GMT
#28493
Sure there is, they do 0 damage and have no visual effect, but magically they do more as you convert from phys to fire!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 01 2018 13:47 GMT
#28494
On June 01 2018 16:51 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2018 16:34 r.Evo wrote:
I just found out that melee skellies are actually a thing and it's not looking shit either. Can also use the usually cheap Queen's Escape for zoom zoom mapclear.

* Melee Skelly Summoner
* Fire/Lightning Trap Sab
* Fireball/Vaal Flameblast Trickster

Bit unsure, those are all cool builds to start with. I'm still leaning traps, just in case the summoner levelling is annoying. Trickster plan is solid but a bit more gear dependent? I dno. TIME FOR A ZIGGYD APPROVED BUILD I GUESS.

Either way, I'll hang out on TS like an hour before start as usual. Not sure if we'll have a group this time at all, been a bit quiet all around.

TS info:
+ Show Spoiler +
Server: teamspeak-de01fn.typefrag.com:5885
PW: evopls

Summon levelling is great :\

By the way, range skellies are mega op as well, probably better for zoom zoom but worse then melee for elder I'd imagine. Still viable on it though, certainly.

Regarding arc, I think there's a real argument for playing traps and shotgunning with cluster traps.

I still can't fucking decide whether to do arc mines or traps, but I'll probably try traps cuz of all the new shit and the builds are similar enough to easily switch between down the road if there's something awkward about it. Probably saboteur either way so.
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
June 01 2018 15:38 GMT
#28495
That's more or less where I am atm. I can't decide what trap to play and I have a nagging suspicion that I should just play arc mines instead of any trap, but it depends almost entirely on how good the 8s traps actually are. Gonna start Lightning traps and a tree generic enough to do any elemental trap and see where I end up. Btw, does anyone who has played lightning traps end game know how required pierce is for consistent clear?
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
June 01 2018 16:09 GMT
#28496
On June 01 2018 20:48 bo1b wrote:
I guess if you just remember that ailments scale off the skill they were applied by, and that all attack skills hould innately have a "physical" tag on them, then scaling ignite by increasing %phys damage makes sense.

Minor thing: Phys increases work on converted-from-phys attacks because of the base phys damage of the weapon, not because of a tag on the skill. If you inflict an ignite with an attack skill using a weapon that doesn't deal any phys damage (like Oro's or Piscator's), phys scaling won't scale the ignite.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
June 01 2018 16:21 GMT
#28497
yes, phys scaling applies to the part that is converted from phys, not all of a given ignite.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
June 01 2018 17:09 GMT
#28498
First world problems: I want to throw money at GGG, but everything is down and I can't.
Meh.

Either way, I'm pretty much set to go with hiero. I still kinda like totems, everybody and his mother is playing sabo, and I just want to start with something where I know for sure it works. Theres also tons of skills to put in a spell totem, so no need to feel to stressed about it . I know I won't be bored.

"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
June 01 2018 17:57 GMT
#28499
queue is up.
~
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
June 01 2018 18:57 GMT
#28500
only 21000th in queue....
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM515
IndyStarCraft 69
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 515
Reynor 259
ByuN 253
TKL 200
Railgan 77
IndyStarCraft 69
Codebar 50
BRAT_OK 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56937
Bisu 3125
Calm 2200
FanTaSy 1014
Stork 789
Rush 413
hero 363
firebathero 186
actioN 120
Snow 110
[ Show more ]
Sharp 105
Free 56
Sea.KH 56
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 35
Trap 35
Mong 27
Aegong 24
soO 22
Rock 21
Sexy 19
HiyA 16
Terrorterran 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Shine 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
Noble 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9314
Dendi966
Counter-Strike
fl0m4943
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK3
Other Games
singsing2170
Liquid`RaSZi1494
B2W.Neo768
Beastyqt566
olofmeister498
Mlord454
Khaldor405
KnowMe300
crisheroes178
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV267
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• Hinosc 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• Reevou 0
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony6
• niya90s 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV512
League of Legends
• Nemesis2901
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1667
Other Games
• Shiphtur61
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 18m
OSC
7h 18m
Replay Cast
7h 18m
OSC
20h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.