• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:41
CEST 13:41
KST 20:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10753 users

Path of Exile - Page 1390

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
March 02 2018 00:15 GMT
#27781
On March 02 2018 07:39 HolydaKing wrote:
100% agree on the blink arrow CD, it will feel amazing with the Deadeye node. It'd be by far the best MS skill if it had no CD (except no fortify but w/e).


But then to get it you lose chain, and still have less dps and move speed than raider it seems?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
March 02 2018 02:19 GMT
#27782
On March 02 2018 09:15 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 07:39 HolydaKing wrote:
100% agree on the blink arrow CD, it will feel amazing with the Deadeye node. It'd be by far the best MS skill if it had no CD (except no fortify but w/e).


But then to get it you lose chain, and still have less dps and move speed than raider it seems?


I would prob skip +1 Projectile for Double accuracy. Chain is love so that's a must. The 1k eva should with qotf should also make the movespeed pretty close.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 02 2018 03:23 GMT
#27783
I'm set on GC mines as a starter, but bit unsure about whether to stay Life+MoM as usual or try CI. with pyromaniac CI will have some nice regen and a nice fat EHP pool. Chaos immunity and freeing up a flask slot is nice.

Main downside I see is that with CI I need to make sure all my gear pieces have high ES, while Life version is more flexible, can more easily try to get +1 or spell crit on chest. any thoughts?
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
March 02 2018 03:36 GMT
#27784
I'd stay Life/MoM for day1, just because it's sooo easy to gear with zero fucks given, even without many nodes. Respec to CI when you push into high yellows/reds, should be reasonably easy to get some acceptable gear day2-3 one way or another.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-02 04:03:35
March 02 2018 03:48 GMT
#27785
On March 02 2018 05:42 hunts wrote:
Bo1b have you played with pob foe bow? I'm curious if my findings of raider being better were a fluke or mistake or if raider really is just better stil, at least for league start\mf setup

With my build dead eye is better depending on how much you value ailment immunity. Raider is ~10% faster, but that's pretty negligible. I think the 2 second blink arrow will make up for it.

On March 02 2018 06:20 EchelonTee wrote:
I think Deadeye is better in a standard build when you use Fast and Deadly and a lot of blink arrowing to proc Tailwind, but that's probably slower than just walking with a QotF setup


In terms of pure move speed dead eye really requires quite a high base amount to over take raider. It's why I don't agree with what tarke said, out side of queen of the forest I'm not sure it's possible to get that amount as well.

On March 02 2018 12:23 EchelonTee wrote:
I'm set on GC mines as a starter, but bit unsure about whether to stay Life+MoM as usual or try CI. with pyromaniac CI will have some nice regen and a nice fat EHP pool. Chaos immunity and freeing up a flask slot is nice.

Main downside I see is that with CI I need to make sure all my gear pieces have high ES, while Life version is more flexible, can more easily try to get +1 or spell crit on chest. any thoughts?

Life/mom will be far easier leveling day one then ci imo. You have an inbuilt defense mechanic by killing everything on the screen instantly.

@Evo memes aside nets prevent things from dying, and you can put the net on at 100%, I suspect Slayer will work the same way that it does against bosses with multiple phases, can't skip it, and will end up attacking till it's at 1% or w/e.

Shouldn't matter if you go a decent build by todays standards anyway.


As an aside, I'm planning on leveling as frostblades up until 60 or so. I tried a bow character on ssf hc and I'd just rather shoot myself.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
March 02 2018 04:04 GMT
#27786
On March 02 2018 12:48 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 05:42 hunts wrote:
Bo1b have you played with pob foe bow? I'm curious if my findings of raider being better were a fluke or mistake or if raider really is just better stil, at least for league start\mf setup

With my build dead eye is better depending on how much you value ailment immunity. Raider is ~10% faster, but that's pretty negligible. I think the 2 second blink arrow will make up for it.

Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 06:20 EchelonTee wrote:
I think Deadeye is better in a standard build when you use Fast and Deadly and a lot of blink arrowing to proc Tailwind, but that's probably slower than just walking with a QotF setup


In terms of pure move speed dead eye really requires quite a high base amount to over take raider. It's why I don't agree with what tarke said, out side of queen of the forest I'm not sure it's possible to get that amount as well.

Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 12:23 EchelonTee wrote:
I'm set on GC mines as a starter, but bit unsure about whether to stay Life+MoM as usual or try CI. with pyromaniac CI will have some nice regen and a nice fat EHP pool. Chaos immunity and freeing up a flask slot is nice.

Main downside I see is that with CI I need to make sure all my gear pieces have high ES, while Life version is more flexible, can more easily try to get +1 or spell crit on chest. any thoughts?

Life/mom will be far easier leveling day one then ci imo. You have an inbuilt defense mechanic by killing everything on the screen instantly.

@Evo memes aside nets prevent things from dying, and you can put the net on at 100%, I suspect Slayer will work the same way that it does against bosses with multiple phases, can't skip it, and will end up attacking till it's at 1% or w/e.

Shouldn't matter if you go a decent build by todays standards anyway.


As an aside, I'm planning on leveling as frostblades up until 60 or so. I tried a bow character on ssf hc and I'd just rather shoot myself.


Interesting, so are you giving up the +1 arrow or the chain then? I would feel very bad giving up either, but I think taking both leaves you with too little dps to compete with raider.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-02 04:18:35
March 02 2018 04:18 GMT
#27787
ofc CI is not good day 1, I was kinda asking for Days 3-7 ;_; probably just sticking with life MoM anyways tho, a lot easier to gear out.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 02 2018 04:33 GMT
#27788
I'm almost certainly going to be giving up +1 arrow.
LagLovah
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada552 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-02 04:59:06
March 02 2018 04:49 GMT
#27789
On March 02 2018 08:45 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 07:41 vndestiny wrote:
@Sno_Man: should be these

EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD.

When going through profiles I saw a lvl 100 from ET ?? Which league was that @@.

I got 100 in garbinger HC

abused beachhead rotas, but to be fair I also did a crap ton of guardians and max sextant shores / primordial pools

@Lag honestly the first thing that comes to mind is frost blades, though you just did that. Other than that... a totem build with champ + something seems good


I really was seriously considering SR totems with new heiro .. but everything is 'on hit' and SR doesnt hit...

Frost blades is entirely worse this time around for Ascendant as well IMO. You are stuck with assassin because it is crit starved, and that node is flat out worse. I found slayer required for survivability - you could go jugg i guess as well.. you would be better defensively but worse offensively - and the build was already questionable for tougher bosses as it was...

Maybe molten strike jugg/slayer.. hm
rSLagLovah on NA xSixLagLovah on Kr
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 02 2018 04:55 GMT
#27790
want to practice lag? I'm going to do a run through Kitava A5
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
LagLovah
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada552 Posts
March 02 2018 05:00 GMT
#27791
I prefer to just run it blind I think hah. I played... quite a bit in abyss. I want to get lots of rest anyways, took tomorrow off work so - will be there for start
rSLagLovah on NA xSixLagLovah on Kr
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 02 2018 05:07 GMT
#27792
Seems good see ya then =D
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-03-02 05:44:15
March 02 2018 05:38 GMT
#27793
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094147

Speaking of which, we wanted to clarify that in the first week of the league, Beast Trading between players is disabled. We want to make sure that when we launch it, it's properly supported on the community trade sites and has received all the testing it needs. This week of not being able to trade Beasts also helps prevent people who are uncertain of relative Beast values from being taken advantage of in trade, while relative Beast values are being assessed by the community.


Party mechanics confirmed, seem reasonable:
A common question from players is how capturing Beasts works in a party. Once the Beast has a net on it, other people can throw their nets onto it too while it's stunned (though they have to be quick and get them in before the capture completes). If the first net succeeds, then everyone who successfully got a net onto the monster will receive a copy of it. Note that the maximum number of players this can go to is controlled by who was in the area when you encountered the monster, so you can't find a very rare one and then decide to invite five people to grab copies also after the fact.
e: nvm, last sentence.

Anyone know what "when you encountered the monster" means? Is it tagging a monster or is it activating it by e.g. coming into range?
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 02 2018 07:11 GMT
#27794
Pretty certain it will be who ever is close enough (could be whole map) when the mob is determined to be within range.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
March 02 2018 07:28 GMT
#27795
On March 02 2018 13:49 LagLovah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2018 08:45 EchelonTee wrote:
On March 02 2018 07:41 vndestiny wrote:
@Sno_Man: should be these

EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD.

When going through profiles I saw a lvl 100 from ET ?? Which league was that @@.

I got 100 in garbinger HC

abused beachhead rotas, but to be fair I also did a crap ton of guardians and max sextant shores / primordial pools

@Lag honestly the first thing that comes to mind is frost blades, though you just did that. Other than that... a totem build with champ + something seems good


I really was seriously considering SR totems with new heiro .. but everything is 'on hit' and SR doesnt hit...

Frost blades is entirely worse this time around for Ascendant as well IMO. You are stuck with assassin because it is crit starved, and that node is flat out worse. I found slayer required for survivability - you could go jugg i guess as well.. you would be better defensively but worse offensively - and the build was already questionable for tougher bosses as it was...

Maybe molten strike jugg/slayer.. hm


Jugg+assassin lends itself well for budget flicker with all that free crit, accuracy and charges.

Jugg+deadeye might be a good base for shield throw, though jugg only might be better.

Chieftan gives Ash debuff so with inq or ele itll be very nice for fire spells, or for some safe lead sprinkling in combo with slayer.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
March 02 2018 08:24 GMT
#27796
I'd like to settle on ED Occultist (maybe flex into Death's Oath? Ran LL RF/SR Guardian in Abyss and the walking simulator aspect is great on my potato computer) as last time I ran ED Blight didn't exist & poison w/Consuming Dark was still a thing, but it's a struggle not to get seduced into rolling the dice on Scion SST or an Elementalist non-crit auto-bomber (can run The Coming Calamity-style Herald setups with Mastermind of Discord's reduced reservation but with, say, Inpulsa's Broken Heart). Haven't run a summoner in a long time but I'm not sure this is the league for it, eh.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
March 02 2018 08:50 GMT
#27797
Summoner seems good. either 150k dps skellies, or zombies of doom. and spectres are still good.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
March 02 2018 08:51 GMT
#27798
I dunno how long ago you ran ED, but 3.0 and after it's sooo much better than the old days. Contagion way bigger radius and faster cast point does wonders, along with allelopathy blight gloves for ST. I think Life MoM trickster ED is an easier start but occultist is buffed to hell
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Haasts
Profile Joined October 2011
New Zealand4445 Posts
March 02 2018 09:09 GMT
#27799
On March 02 2018 17:50 Duvon wrote:
Summoner seems good. either 150k dps skellies, or zombies of doom. and spectres are still good.


Oh, agree summoners are in a great place - seems like there's at least three good options for golems now with the changes to Occultists' Profane Bloom as well as the new Elementalist nodes plus classic Necro - it's more that I'm a little leery of playing them in a league potentially filled with Vorici-mission level content. Guess we won't know until the league starts and seeing how capturing plays out. Wouldn't mind trying out the fated Dancing Dervish with the Champion's "unable to evade" changes, possibly with Animate Weapon ... OTOH, phased bosses & the like can be v.frustrating. Guess there's Writhing Jar, Deadhand Talismans and Vaal Breach (though with no Zana Breach mod, where can you Vaal Portal gems?).

On March 02 2018 17:51 EchelonTee wrote:
I dunno how long ago you ran ED, but 3.0 and after it's sooo much better than the old days. Contagion way bigger radius and faster cast point does wonders, along with allelopathy blight gloves for ST. I think Life MoM trickster ED is an easier start but occultist is buffed to hell


Yeah, Blight for ST looks wonderful. Last time I played was Trickster (pre-MoM buffs, IIRC it was straight life) hence the interest in Occultist, even though it might take a little longer to get going and mapping'll be a little rougher. I've never played a CI character; Vile Bastion changes might make that a little easier than LL depending on the availability of Presence of Chayula from the new Breach-related divination cards.
PaniaoftheReef in Path of Exile TotA SSF SC // Lovelin fanclub // GreenTea #1
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
March 02 2018 09:22 GMT
#27800
This is a noob questions, do i need to turn of filter i use in start of new league to avoid loosing items i need?
GO OG
Prev 1 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 110
Codebar 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 15
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6289
Counter-Strike
fl0m1502
olofmeister1063
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King98
Other Games
gofns58594
singsing1802
B2W.Neo527
dupreeh358
crisheroes281
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2241
Other Games
• WagamamaTV149
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 19m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.