• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:18
CEST 15:18
KST 22:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10869 users

Path of Exile - Page 1381

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:10:46
February 28 2018 15:05 GMT
#27601
On February 28 2018 23:44 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2018 23:30 ticklishmusic wrote:
meanwhile, ground slam waves sadly from the side.

i don't see much of a problem with maintaining EC's with jugg ascendancy?

Other sources of generation are nice if you don't want to rely on getting hit. More charge generation also means a higher average EC count for defensive purposes.

I'm currently only displeased with the idea of TECJUGG because of the "8% reduced elemental damage taken while at max endurance charges" node, which loses ALL of that defensive bonus as soon as you attack. I feel like that node could have been 1% reduced ele taken per endurance charge reasonably safely and not punished you so badly for ever spending charges.

In general though, I have a lot of theorycrafting ahead of me before choosing a build I believe
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:20:46
February 28 2018 15:16 GMT
#27602
On March 01 2018 00:05 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2018 23:44 Alur wrote:
On February 28 2018 23:30 ticklishmusic wrote:
meanwhile, ground slam waves sadly from the side.

i don't see much of a problem with maintaining EC's with jugg ascendancy?

Other sources of generation are nice if you don't want to rely on getting hit. More charge generation also means a higher average EC count for defensive purposes.

I'm currently only displeased with the idea of TECJUGG because of the "8% reduced elemental damage taken while at max endurance charges" node, which loses ALL of that defensive bonus as soon as you attack. I feel like that node could have been 1% reduced ele taken per endurance charge reasonably safely and not punished you so badly for ever spending charges.

In general though, I have a lot of theorycrafting ahead of me before choosing a build I believe

I guess a lot of Juggs wouldn't necessarily pick that node. For a crit Jugg with Hegemony's Era I'd pick Undeniable, Unbreakable, Unflinching and then the last one is pretty arguable.

IF I play that build depends on what PoB tells me, I could very well see me using Champion instead since I bet it's way more dps than Jugg and still pretty tanky.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:18:01
February 28 2018 15:17 GMT
#27603
On February 28 2018 12:40 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2018 11:45 r.Evo wrote:
On February 28 2018 10:21 bo1b wrote:
Slayer is still really really good, will be better then bow jugg for everything except movespeed and not getting stunned, which doesn't matter at 9khp.

Realistically though why not just go dead eye?

Only difference really is lab running, that's where all the random mitigation Jugg offers actually matters. I dunno, I mostly just miss lab, but I also hate lab farmers that can't map well on off days/early in the league.

RF Jugg or Occultist ED would solve that issue as well.

Slayer can easily do lab, I don't understand the problem at all. In fact I think slayer does lab better then guardian for the most part, bow build especially.

Slayer as melee is decent for lab, but losing fortify hurts bow quite a bit compared to Champion. Jugg would mean you could ignore most of the bullshit just by being tanky, but bow is most definitely slower than melee. The basically only advantage of bow would be that it can map without wanting to kill yourself.

If only there was a way to convert Ar into Ev it would be a no-brainer and I'd play QotF Jugg. =P

I thought a bit more about Champion, the hits can't be evaded is a bit worse than I thought since you have to *hit* shit first so you can't run around with literally no accuracy. In practice it prolly results in a 10-15% more dmg mod on bosses but that's about it. QotF on that one might be funny but ehhh.

@above: Crit Staff with EQ is the only real alternative I can see that also avoids Bladeflurry if I'm honest.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:29:28
February 28 2018 15:27 GMT
#27604
On March 01 2018 00:05 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2018 23:44 Alur wrote:
On February 28 2018 23:30 ticklishmusic wrote:
meanwhile, ground slam waves sadly from the side.

i don't see much of a problem with maintaining EC's with jugg ascendancy?

Other sources of generation are nice if you don't want to rely on getting hit. More charge generation also means a higher average EC count for defensive purposes.

I'm currently only displeased with the idea of TECJUGG because of the "8% reduced elemental damage taken while at max endurance charges" node, which loses ALL of that defensive bonus as soon as you attack. I feel like that node could have been 1% reduced ele taken per endurance charge reasonably safely and not punished you so badly for ever spending charges.

In general though, I have a lot of theorycrafting ahead of me before choosing a build I believe


I guess it allows GGG to make that node more powerful by making it have a higher requirement for the bonus. I'm kinda curious if you took ECOMS or some unique (red nightmare?) how it'd work out. Like you'd have a fraction of a second between using tecslam and the endurance charge being generated, but not too bad. Otherwise you could stack a few EC generating things and then kind of roll the dice with the % chance to gain max charges.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:33:13
February 28 2018 15:30 GMT
#27605
On March 01 2018 00:17 r.Evo wrote:
I thought a bit more about Champion, the hits can't be evaded is a bit worse than I thought since you have to *hit* shit first so you can't run around with literally no accuracy. In practice it prolly results in a 10-15% more dmg mod on bosses but that's about it. QotF on that one might be funny but ehhh.

@above: Crit Staff with EQ is the only real alternative I can see that also avoids Bladeflurry if I'm honest.

In addition to not needing to pick up any accuracy, and the node giving monsters 20% increased damage taken. Also even if Juggs get 95% crit pretty easily (they still need to invest a little bit for it), it's more than just 5% damage too. I only just realized that it might suck a bit for clearing trash if you have like 60-70% accuracy and get unlucky.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 28 2018 15:33 GMT
#27606
Duelist's definitely get enough free accuracy from start nodes and dex tree to manage "enough" accuracy (80+%) for the taunt can't miss to be reliable. Just need to see the taunt changes to shaper etc.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 28 2018 15:35 GMT
#27607
On March 01 2018 00:33 Sn0_Man wrote:
Duelist's definitely get enough free accuracy from start nodes and dex tree to manage "enough" accuracy (80+%) for the taunt can't miss to be reliable. Just need to see the taunt changes to shaper etc.

Yeah, true. If taunt doesn't get changed I won't bother thinking about using Champion.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 28 2018 15:40 GMT
#27608
On March 01 2018 00:30 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2018 00:17 r.Evo wrote:
I thought a bit more about Champion, the hits can't be evaded is a bit worse than I thought since you have to *hit* shit first so you can't run around with literally no accuracy. In practice it prolly results in a 10-15% more dmg mod on bosses but that's about it. QotF on that one might be funny but ehhh.

@above: Crit Staff with EQ is the only real alternative I can see that also avoids Bladeflurry if I'm honest.

In addition to not needing to pick up any accuracy, and the node giving monsters 20% increased damage taken. Also even if Juggs get 95% crit pretty easily (they still need to invest a little bit for it), it's more than just 5% damage too. I only just realized that it might suck a bit for clearing trash if you have like 60-70% accuracy and get unlucky.

Yeah, trash clear is the only concern. It's definitely still strong, the main question is how it compares to Jugg when everything is said and done. I think Champion gets a bit more dmg with Jugg getting a bit tankier.

Speaking of Jugg - is there a good way to work towards Hege's Era? I still remember travis (?) trying to get one in a league where it was actually popular and it spiked to 10ex+ immediately. The Enmity Divine is obviously not an option either. Crit staff sweep would basically solve all my issues for both mapping and lab.

I'd have to self-craft weapons until I can afford Hege's, don't I? ;;
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 15:54:25
February 28 2018 15:48 GMT
#27609
Hardcore problems I guess, I don't think it was very expensive in the last few leagues in SC.

Also I think Champion has a lot more damage than Jugg, especially if one doesn't pick perma fortify and uses RF or other means to proc the 20 sec buff, but I probably would use perma fortify since tbh Leap Slam and even Shield Charge don't get you reliable fortify uptime, especially on bosses. Jugg makes up for it a bit since you can use Abyssus, which is less than optimal for HC, but with Jugg it's fairly safe still.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 28 2018 15:57 GMT
#27610
www.poeurl.com/bMlw

Thinking of something like this. Basic plan is to farm up a tabula by hook or by crook, then a windripper, then a kaoms heart. Tornado shot from lvl 38 up (or maybe frostblades till 60, idk). Should give me approximately 7k life and plenty of evasion so I'm not super worried about defenses. Levelling 1-70 is going to be a nightmare though most likely. Still, if I go bow the whole way, shrapnel shot -> rain of arrows + siege ballista is quite forgiving on gear as a general rule.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 28 2018 16:00 GMT
#27611
I just realized Sweep works with any 2h weapon, I could progress Terminus Est -> Hiltless -> Hege's.

Hmmmmmmm....... I'd have to either level as 2h Sweep (meh) or respec from Axes to Swords to (maybe) Staves. That sounds actually stronk. Could probably do everything with Hiltless anyway and Jugg would be the class to not care about the drawbacks.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 28 2018 16:01 GMT
#27612
And if you go hiltless you have the meme potential to chuck on a scolds as well.. Solid plan or sure.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 28 2018 16:06 GMT
#27613
I don't trust plans that you instantly approve of, what am I missing? =P

I think this might actually work. I was super relieved when I realized Oni Goroshi is a 1h weapon and won't work. Unless I Cyclone. Which I could anyway.

But between Jugg defenses, Armor, Charges, some Regen and Leech I think Hiltless is no issue at all. Bit hard to judge without testing it but it sounds fine on paper.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 28 2018 16:13 GMT
#27614
Wonder if the hiltless reflect counts as a hit, and if you can have endless endurance charges from it for big boy tectonic strike dps
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 16:22:51
February 28 2018 16:22 GMT
#27615
On March 01 2018 01:13 bo1b wrote:
Wonder if the hiltless reflect counts as a hit, and if you can have endless endurance charges from it for big boy tectonic strike dps

Reflected damage is mitigated by armour and stuff like that but it doesn't trigger on hit or on block effects.

I believe that the Endurance gain Jugg has which states "when you are hit" is the same as "on hit", otherwise that'd be pretty amazing.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-28 16:24:07
February 28 2018 16:23 GMT
#27616
On March 01 2018 01:13 bo1b wrote:
Wonder if the hiltless reflect counts as a hit, and if you can have endless endurance charges from it for big boy tectonic strike dps

It does not, i've wanted to self-generate charges via hiltless reflect before to no avail

However, as jugg you'll *never* take more than 10 dmg from hiltless reflect instances so it doesn't hurt that bad.

E: fukin evo
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 28 2018 16:24 GMT
#27617
rip the dream of hiltless scolds discharger
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
February 28 2018 16:26 GMT
#27618
Something something Cyclone Endurance Charge on Stun Hiltless Scolds Discharge.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
February 28 2018 16:31 GMT
#27619
On March 01 2018 01:26 r.Evo wrote:
Something something Cyclone Endurance Charge on Stun Hiltless Scolds Discharge.

You'll have the charge generation sure but your single target is probably going to be atrocious.
I always toy with ideas like this in my mind every time there's a new charge generation mechanic mentioned.
Also we don't know zana mods yet, but getting a scolds isn't exactly trivial
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 28 2018 16:55 GMT
#27620
Yeh it's a meme build at best, single target wont be much higher then white auto attacks tbh
Prev 1 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1435
WardiTV646
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6318
Bisu 2299
Jaedong 1164
EffOrt 510
Horang2 394
actioN 311
Mini 277
ZerO 214
ggaemo 161
Larva 146
[ Show more ]
Mind 110
Pusan 103
Sharp 73
Dewaltoss 71
Shinee 69
Bale 63
Barracks 60
Snow 59
Hyun 59
Yoon 52
hero 40
ToSsGirL 37
NotJumperer 30
sorry 25
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 16
zelot 13
Noble 12
Trap 11
Rock 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
NaDa 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3717
qojqva1669
Dendi937
Counter-Strike
markeloff86
Other Games
olofmeister1113
hiko720
B2W.Neo536
Lowko360
crisheroes299
DeMusliM243
Pyrionflax197
Livibee149
Liquid`VortiX100
QueenE87
Mew2King60
Hui .54
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV763
League of Legends
• Jankos1906
• Nemesis1336
• TFBlade441
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 42m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.