• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:04
CEST 15:04
KST 22:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7045 users

Path of Exile - Page 1359

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 17:46:24
January 14 2018 17:20 GMT
#27161
On January 15 2018 02:14 Duka08 wrote:
Oh ok, I thought attacks with pen subtracted from your overcap. Doesn't the elemental weakness curse do that or something? I swear I've heard recently of a reason to have overcapped resistances, I probably just confused the two. So really each of those balls is doing over 4k then, treating cold res like -50%. That would explain it.


You do want to overcap for curses like elemental weakness. Elemental Weakness reduces resistances, it does not penetrate.

109 is the magic number
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 14 2018 17:29 GMT
#27162
On January 15 2018 02:20 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2018 02:14 Duka08 wrote:
Oh ok, I thought attacks with pen subtracted from your overcap. Doesn't the elemental weakness curse do that or something? I swear I've heard recently of a reason to have overcapped resistances, I probably just confused the two. So really each of those balls is doing over 4k then, treating cold res like -50%. That would explain it.


You do want to overcap for curses like elemental weakness. Elemental Weakness reduces resistances, it does not penetrate.

Yeah I confused the two. I have over 6k life so I should have still been able to take 1 hit if my movement is a bit sloppy, but the first two overlap so quickly at melee range that I was probably just getting nicked by both. More patience and mobility required. Save DPS flasks for beam. Excited to keep trying (need some fragments now though..)
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 14 2018 18:29 GMT
#27163
On January 15 2018 02:29 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2018 02:20 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On January 15 2018 02:14 Duka08 wrote:
Oh ok, I thought attacks with pen subtracted from your overcap. Doesn't the elemental weakness curse do that or something? I swear I've heard recently of a reason to have overcapped resistances, I probably just confused the two. So really each of those balls is doing over 4k then, treating cold res like -50%. That would explain it.


You do want to overcap for curses like elemental weakness. Elemental Weakness reduces resistances, it does not penetrate.

Yeah I confused the two. I have over 6k life so I should have still been able to take 1 hit if my movement is a bit sloppy, but the first two overlap so quickly at melee range that I was probably just getting nicked by both. More patience and mobility required. Save DPS flasks for beam. Excited to keep trying (need some fragments now though..)

If you take the cold res flask into the fight you can raise your res by 6% vs that attack. Also substitute one aura for max cold res one. Should be enough to survive that.
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
January 14 2018 21:20 GMT
#27164
On January 14 2018 18:56 incinerate_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2018 08:28 Fleetfeet wrote:
Put some work into my build the last few days. Done a bunch of learning, still feels pretty good to play.

Whispering ice cascade (PoB pastebin)

Basic premise is kinda standard get a shitton of int + whispering ice and convert all cold damage to fire. Scion with Saboteur/occultist ascendancy passives.

In terms of damage, it feels a bit slow (takes some time to ramp up ice storms and SR stacks) but it feels like a minor concern honestly.

My big struggle is, as always, how to not die. I feel like I have 3 big options that I'm toying with, but I honestly don't know which would be "best" moving forwards.

1 is CI. I feel like I could get 8-10k ES without super hard investment, then would have MoM + warlord's mark and Scion Occultist as sustain. I feel like that's probably not enough sustain, but I haven't played that setup.

2 is hybrid life/ES with Coruscating Elixir + ghost reaver. I'd drop MoM for more life/es and reserve basically all mana with Blasphemy, Arctic Armour and Discipline. I feel like I could get ~3.5k life and 7k+ ES, which feels like it could be decent to sustain.

3 is lowlife ES. Gives obvious access to some extra damage sources and lets me keep MoM.

I dunno. I'll keep poking at it to see where it goes, but lemme know if I'm fucking any big mechanical things up, or missing any big points of damage / defense. Am just doing the lower tiers of yellow maps right now, and it feels pretty comfortable if it isn't ele reflect.


MoM and CI don't work together. MoM will only kick in when all your ES is gone anyway.


Goddammit poe, so many things you need to carefully know mechanics of. Figured there would be at least one thing like this i was messing up, thx for the heads up.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 15 2018 08:33 GMT
#27165
So I got bored of the ele claw molten strike and thinking of making a wander. I found this thread, not sure how good the build is though, any thoughts?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2053963/page/1
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Quateras
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany867 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 14:14:27
January 15 2018 13:41 GMT
#27166
Fun build but expensive as fuck, if you play ES builds stunlock becomes a big problem -> thats why Skyforth(almost mandatory for this build)
Elder Jewel with clarity seems to be needed too unless you go without incandence heart which is a big part of your defense suddenly gone.)
So you'll reach like 7.200 ES only which does seem kinda low.but propably playable.(without incandecence + elder jewel)

So really go check price for the Elder jewel first (clarity one here is important) and skyforth, if you can afford both, its propably a good strong build.
/EDIT : NVM wasnt the Elder Jewel Clarity mod going to get nerfed soon too?
So propably better to get rare high ES armor then. And not use jewel.
Guess its affordable build then.
"If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost."
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 15:11:18
January 15 2018 15:09 GMT
#27167
Yes, it will get nerfed quite a bit. If the build needs it to achieve reasonable amounts of ES/defense, then it's probably not a good idea to roll it now. Not using Incandescent Heart is prolly quite a downgrade in defense.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 15 2018 16:16 GMT
#27168
Did the nerf not happen yet? If not I guess I should hold off on spending anything on that build?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 17:10:13
January 15 2018 17:07 GMT
#27169
On January 16 2018 01:16 hunts wrote:
Did the nerf not happen yet? If not I guess I should hold off on spending anything on that build?

The nerf hasn't occured yet but it's both confirmed to be coming and easy to calculate what the post-nerf results are (since that's how PoB is calculating it right now)

The build guide is pretty mediocre though, the guy lacks a lot of mechanical understanding and doesn't have stuff updated very well he just has like 100+ex to throw at a build, and wander has always been one of the most pleasant builds to play with gigantic currency.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 15 2018 17:07 GMT
#27170
No it didn't happen yet. It's more of a fix than a nerf anyway. It will still give a decent bit of ES (depending on the build), but not nearly as much as it does now.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 17:12:55
January 15 2018 17:12 GMT
#27171
On January 15 2018 22:41 Quateras wrote:
Fun build but expensive as fuck, if you play ES builds stunlock becomes a big problem -> thats why Skyforth(almost mandatory for this build)
Elder Jewel with clarity seems to be needed too unless you go without incandence heart which is a big part of your defense suddenly gone.)
So you'll reach like 7.200 ES only which does seem kinda low.but propably playable.(without incandecence + elder jewel)

So really go check price for the Elder jewel first (clarity one here is important) and skyforth, if you can afford both, its propably a good strong build.
/EDIT : NVM wasnt the Elder Jewel Clarity mod going to get nerfed soon too?
So propably better to get rare high ES armor then. And not use jewel.
Guess its affordable build then.

Skyforth was mandatory before Pantheon was introduced. Now you can just take Brine King and fully upgrade it, it has nice abilities in addition to giving you 4s stun immunity.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 15 2018 17:19 GMT
#27172
I see. PoB shows the build would still have around 7300 ES, not sure if that's a good amount, I haven't played ES since HOWA when you would be at over 10k. Would you not suggest doing this build then? And if not, do you know any fun builds that are really strong and can make good use of somewhat expensive gear?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
January 15 2018 17:33 GMT
#27173
I'm pretty sure that Ancestral Call + Molten Strike is mega busted. Why they even allow this is beyond me.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 17:45:12
January 15 2018 17:43 GMT
#27174
On January 16 2018 02:33 superstartran wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Ancestral Call + Molten Strike is mega busted. Why they even allow this is beyond me.

It is. Allows the best (melee?) ST skill in the game to also be good at clearing. Meanwhile, with Thief's Torment or simply by using claws you get near old Vaal Pact leech life back from LGOH which doesn't suffer from the anti leech map mod.

Also let's not forget how broken it is with lots of Abyss jewels with flat ele dmg. I think this is a big part why it's so good, you get so many projectiles and hits per second.
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 18:02:42
January 15 2018 17:51 GMT
#27175
On January 16 2018 02:43 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 02:33 superstartran wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Ancestral Call + Molten Strike is mega busted. Why they even allow this is beyond me.

It is. Allows the best (melee?) ST skill in the game to also be good at clearing. Meanwhile, with Thief's Torment or simply by using claws you get near old Vaal Pact leech life back from LGOH which doesn't suffer from the anti leech map mod.

Also let's not forget how broken it is with lots of Abyss jewels with flat ele dmg. I think this is a big part why it's so good, you get so many projectiles and hits per second.




Under my current gear I get like 2 million + Shaper Dps and it's not even good. Currently playing BLS. Better gear I can push like 10 million.


Ancestral Call triples your single target DPS is part of the problem. Even assuming you hit like just 50 projectiles (which is low considering you can push out 200+ per second) you are going to do insane damage. Bigger targets can easily get hit by 100, 150+ if they are in a corner or along a wall.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 15 2018 18:01 GMT
#27176
On January 16 2018 02:51 superstartran wrote:
Ancestral Call triples your single target DPS is part of the problem.

Err, triples? I know it buffs single target (which is probably not working as intended and won't last past this league) but that sounds a bit steep.
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 18:09:43
January 15 2018 18:05 GMT
#27177
On January 16 2018 03:01 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2018 02:51 superstartran wrote:
Ancestral Call triples your single target DPS is part of the problem.

Err, triples? I know it buffs single target (which is probably not working as intended and won't last past this league) but that sounds a bit steep.




Ancestral call with Molten Strike has a stupid property.



If you stand correctly you can get all three to overlap, which causes all the projectiles to overlap. Normally you can only get about 12 projectiles with Dying Sun, Jewels, and +3 Helm. With Ancestral call you get 2 others that stack on top of each other. That's a total of 36 projectiles for every single attack. With some builds you can push 6 APS, which means you're hitting for like 200+ projectiles a second.


You will miss alot of projectiles, but even hitting like 50 projectiles is pretty reasonable on most targets. For the bosses that actually matter for single target, they have huge hitboxes so they will probably get hit by about half so around 100 projectiles. Considering before the max was 12, 'tripling' your damage is an understatement.



Also consider the go to build for Molten Strike was Brutus Lead Sprinkler, and most of those builds were already pushing millions of DPS vs Shaper if you managed to hit every single ball, and now you actually turn that into a reality and then push even more projectiles out.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 18:20:29
January 15 2018 18:11 GMT
#27178
Oh wait so when you get the ancestor hitting on single target there's actually two right on top of each other? Is that true? I thought it was well known that AN ancestor can proc on single target if you stand far enough away, but this is the first I've heard of BOTH proccing and you just can't tell because they overlap. That would be pretty serious yeah. AC also has a small damage penalty though. Still don't know about triple.
superstartran
Profile Joined March 2010
United States4013 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 18:27:00
January 15 2018 18:24 GMT
#27179
On January 16 2018 03:11 Duka08 wrote:
Oh wait so when you get the ancestor hitting on single target there's actually two right on top of each other? Is that true? I thought it was well known that AN ancestor can proc on single target if you stand far enough away, but this is the first I've heard of BOTH proccing and you just can't tell because they overlap. That would be pretty serious yeah. AC also has a small damage penalty though. Still don't know about triple.




You can get triple if you use Worm Flask (which is what I do), single extra Ancestor Proc if it's just one enemy. Most map bosses are there with ads standing on top of them. Playing Slayer so Worm Flask is super nice for me, although I'm testing as Pathfinder right now for 100% pen.


Most MS builds scale with projectiles anyways, the damage mitigation is negligible. Once you get used to the targeting it's fine.






For the DPS with Ancestral Call trick.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-15 18:28:52
January 15 2018 18:28 GMT
#27180
Nah, I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure if you actually target a single boss you only attack once with Molten Strike + Ancestral Call which is bad, but if you do shift attack (like I always do) and attack next to him you'll get two Molten Strikes which is still pretty good.


edit: Oh, with Worm Flask yeah. Doesn't seem worth it to me tho.
Prev 1 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 963
RotterdaM466
TKL 199
SteadfastSC167
Rex104
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 466
ByuN 276
TKL 199
SteadfastSC 167
Rex 104
Codebar 30
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37142
Shuttle 2264
Jaedong 941
Horang2 805
Bisu 672
Soulkey 487
Mini 360
Stork 345
EffOrt 296
Larva 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 241
BeSt 237
Soma 216
Snow 168
ZerO 154
Last 151
Rush 151
Mong 142
firebathero 142
Zeus 93
Free 93
910 79
sorry 70
Mind 66
Hyun 66
Sharp 56
Pusan 51
PianO 51
hero 47
Shinee 40
Shine 36
JYJ 32
Bale 27
Sexy 25
Aegong 19
ToSsGirL 19
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3901
Dendi1134
canceldota76
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1162
edward62
fl0m57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King200
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes499
Lowko303
Other Games
gofns77999
singsing2287
B2W.Neo326
hiko290
DeMusliM234
Pyrionflax179
Livibee168
Liquid`VortiX62
QueenE55
Trikslyr37
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1501
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1486
• Jankos1328
• TFBlade361
Other Games
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 56m
The PondCast
20h 56m
INu's Battles
21h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.