• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:20
CEST 02:20
KST 09:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8355 users

Path of Exile - Page 1358

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2018 01:24 GMT
#27141
On January 08 2018 05:58 hunts wrote:
Decided to get a biscos, 16.8 ex for a 94% quantity, was a pretty good deal for the roll I think. Now I just gotta keep farming and make sure it actually pays for itself. Also are there any other maps that are notably good for farming other than burial chambers and shaped vault?

Chambers, shaped channel, shaped atoll, shaped strand, shaped toxic sewer, dark forest (could be a challenge sustaining, but I honestly think this might be better then vault in the long run) are all excellent maps.

I have elder permanently on channel, so that's what I'm doing. It's also really nice with cospris.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 02:03:08
January 08 2018 02:02 GMT
#27142
So what's the opinion on which Guardians are easiest/toughest? I had no problem with Chimera and Hydra but Mino is a little hectic and Phoenix fucked me up yo. Just had trouble telling when he was charging either of his special attacks, especially for how quick the twirly dash came out too.

Think I need some upgrades before Shaper. Fun stuff though.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 08 2018 04:04 GMT
#27143
Toxic Sewer actually feels so good. It feels tiny but absolutely packed.

For guardians I think it depends on build which is the hardest, but I feel like Hydra is just always the easiest no matter what.
~
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 08 2018 05:28 GMT
#27144
Tbh minotaur is facetankable, chimera is probably the one I'd rate the hardest.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 08 2018 05:44 GMT
#27145
haven't had as much time to play last few days because of flying back home and such, but got my first doctor just now. Think I'll try to farm up another one. I'm just farming burial chambers right now. bo1b or someone else more experienced with mfing than me (probably most people that have done it before) is there anything obvious I can change about my setup to do it better/be able to use this character to mf farm higher tier maps? Should be set to the raider, if not character is HuntsIsRip

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/disturbed_999/characters
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
nukem1
Profile Joined October 2010
345 Posts
January 08 2018 16:00 GMT
#27146
Ziz did this "Sunday Build Roast" show type of thing where he critiques and gives advice to people who are struggling with the game. It goes pretty much how you would think, some were kinda newbies and had terrible characters.
What I think was very helpful, especially for some who are not as experienced with shopping for gear, was that he showed how to do some basic gearing for cheap. He gives some good tips, particularly when choosing jewels as there are so many mods that can be good for certain builds.
Overall, insightful and entertaining
https://tudorpc.wordpress.com/
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 08 2018 16:33 GMT
#27147
On January 09 2018 01:00 nukem1 wrote:
Ziz did this "Sunday Build Roast" show type of thing where he critiques and gives advice to people who are struggling with the game. It goes pretty much how you would think, some were kinda newbies and had terrible characters.
What I think was very helpful, especially for some who are not as experienced with shopping for gear, was that he showed how to do some basic gearing for cheap. He gives some good tips, particularly when choosing jewels as there are so many mods that can be good for certain builds.
Overall, insightful and entertaining

Basically he shows noobs how really works this Path of Trading... I find it sad.
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-08 21:11:17
January 08 2018 20:52 GMT
#27148
On January 08 2018 11:02 Duka08 wrote:
So what's the opinion on which Guardians are easiest/toughest? I had no problem with Chimera and Hydra but Mino is a little hectic and Phoenix fucked me up yo. Just had trouble telling when he was charging either of his special attacks, especially for how quick the twirly dash came out too.

Think I need some upgrades before Shaper. Fun stuff though.

Depends a lot on the build I think. Phoenix is mostly fire damage, so super easy for RF builds (lies), and his two big damage moves (spin and discharge) are melee-ish, so being ranged helps a lot. Chimera is completely trivialized by block recovery builds, but a huge pain if you have trouble surviving a smoke phase. Mino isn't bad for heavy phys mitigation characters, or characters like totem builds or ED that can spend most of their time dodging, but if you're a melee build depending on block/evasion/recovery, you're gonna get one-shot by a burrow-slam. Hydra I think is pretty easy for most characters.
TaKeTV
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1201 Posts
January 08 2018 21:03 GMT
#27149
On January 09 2018 05:52 ASoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2018 11:02 Duka08 wrote:
So what's the opinion on which Guardians are easiest/toughest? I had no problem with Chimera and Hydra but Mino is a little hectic and Phoenix fucked me up yo. Just had trouble telling when he was charging either of his special attacks, especially for how quick the twirly dash came out too.

Think I need some upgrades before Shaper. Fun stuff though.

Depends a lot on the build I think. Phoenix is mostly fire damage, so super easy for RF builds, and his two big damage moves (spin and discharge) are melee-ish, so being ranged helps a lot. Chimera is completely trivialized by block recovery builds, but a huge pain if you have trouble surviving a smoke phase. Mino isn't bad for heavy phys mitigation characters, or characters like totem builds or ED that can spend most of their time dodging, but if you're a melee build depending on block/evasion/recovery, you're gonna get one-shot by a burrow-slam. Hydra I think is pretty easy for most characters.


Guardian of the Phoenix as Righteous Fire is a noob - trap.

"The player gains a debuff that reduces the maximum fire resistance by 1% This debuff is permanent until the boss dies. It stacks for every 10% health the boss is missing."

Commentator
ASoo
Profile Joined November 2010
2867 Posts
January 08 2018 21:10 GMT
#27150
On January 09 2018 06:03 TaKeTV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2018 05:52 ASoo wrote:
On January 08 2018 11:02 Duka08 wrote:
So what's the opinion on which Guardians are easiest/toughest? I had no problem with Chimera and Hydra but Mino is a little hectic and Phoenix fucked me up yo. Just had trouble telling when he was charging either of his special attacks, especially for how quick the twirly dash came out too.

Think I need some upgrades before Shaper. Fun stuff though.

Depends a lot on the build I think. Phoenix is mostly fire damage, so super easy for RF builds, and his two big damage moves (spin and discharge) are melee-ish, so being ranged helps a lot. Chimera is completely trivialized by block recovery builds, but a huge pain if you have trouble surviving a smoke phase. Mino isn't bad for heavy phys mitigation characters, or characters like totem builds or ED that can spend most of their time dodging, but if you're a melee build depending on block/evasion/recovery, you're gonna get one-shot by a burrow-slam. Hydra I think is pretty easy for most characters.


Guardian of the Phoenix as Righteous Fire is a noob - trap.

"The player gains a debuff that reduces the maximum fire resistance by 1% This debuff is permanent until the boss dies. It stacks for every 10% health the boss is missing."


Ooooh, I used to know this but forgot, good catch.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 09 2018 16:23 GMT
#27151
Bo1b could you possibly link your profile? I'm curious to see your character that you IIQ farmed shaped vaults with.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-10 21:07:06
January 10 2018 21:06 GMT
#27152
On January 05 2018 18:01 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2018 10:31 Fleetfeet wrote:
I started a super casual Whispering Ice Scion with the hope/understanding that abyss jewels giving a relatively easy 26 int is worth it.

Then again i really havent had any time for this league, and gearing/rebuilding into CI sounds like a pain. I should post the build sometime so you guys can yell at me for glaring errors.

You should be able to get up to 24 int per jewel (16+8).



I (re)learned recently that its 26, you can get 16 int and a +10 str/int or dex/int mod. Not that common though! Will do some more work on my build and post it soon though!
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-13 23:28:38
January 13 2018 23:28 GMT
#27153
Put some work into my build the last few days. Done a bunch of learning, still feels pretty good to play.

Whispering ice cascade (PoB pastebin)

Basic premise is kinda standard get a shitton of int + whispering ice and convert all cold damage to fire. Scion with Saboteur/occultist ascendancy passives.

In terms of damage, it feels a bit slow (takes some time to ramp up ice storms and SR stacks) but it feels like a minor concern honestly.

My big struggle is, as always, how to not die. I feel like I have 3 big options that I'm toying with, but I honestly don't know which would be "best" moving forwards.

1 is CI. I feel like I could get 8-10k ES without super hard investment, then would have MoM + warlord's mark and Scion Occultist as sustain. I feel like that's probably not enough sustain, but I haven't played that setup.

2 is hybrid life/ES with Coruscating Elixir + ghost reaver. I'd drop MoM for more life/es and reserve basically all mana with Blasphemy, Arctic Armour and Discipline. I feel like I could get ~3.5k life and 7k+ ES, which feels like it could be decent to sustain.

3 is lowlife ES. Gives obvious access to some extra damage sources and lets me keep MoM.

I dunno. I'll keep poking at it to see where it goes, but lemme know if I'm fucking any big mechanical things up, or missing any big points of damage / defense. Am just doing the lower tiers of yellow maps right now, and it feels pretty comfortable if it isn't ele reflect.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 02:36:00
January 14 2018 02:35 GMT
#27154
On January 10 2018 01:23 hunts wrote:
Bo1b could you possibly link your profile? I'm curious to see your character that you IIQ farmed shaped vaults with.

I farmed most of my wealth through cospris discharge with double ventors a biscos collar and leash and shaped channel.

Making a hc character now for what it's worth, necromancer planning on farming bosses.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
January 14 2018 04:24 GMT
#27155
Channel just because of the linear (with lots of backtracking) layout? or any other reason?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 14 2018 04:29 GMT
#27156
Super quick, can chuck 4 white sextants on it quite easily and with playing cospris it doesn't matter if you get phys reflect really so it's super easy to sextant, it's at that nice range o easy to over supply while still providing yellow sextants, and I was getting about 2 humilities a run on average I'm pretty sure.

It's also a bit more linear then it looks, if you look at the layout.
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
January 14 2018 09:56 GMT
#27157
On January 14 2018 08:28 Fleetfeet wrote:
Put some work into my build the last few days. Done a bunch of learning, still feels pretty good to play.

Whispering ice cascade (PoB pastebin)

Basic premise is kinda standard get a shitton of int + whispering ice and convert all cold damage to fire. Scion with Saboteur/occultist ascendancy passives.

In terms of damage, it feels a bit slow (takes some time to ramp up ice storms and SR stacks) but it feels like a minor concern honestly.

My big struggle is, as always, how to not die. I feel like I have 3 big options that I'm toying with, but I honestly don't know which would be "best" moving forwards.

1 is CI. I feel like I could get 8-10k ES without super hard investment, then would have MoM + warlord's mark and Scion Occultist as sustain. I feel like that's probably not enough sustain, but I haven't played that setup.

2 is hybrid life/ES with Coruscating Elixir + ghost reaver. I'd drop MoM for more life/es and reserve basically all mana with Blasphemy, Arctic Armour and Discipline. I feel like I could get ~3.5k life and 7k+ ES, which feels like it could be decent to sustain.

3 is lowlife ES. Gives obvious access to some extra damage sources and lets me keep MoM.

I dunno. I'll keep poking at it to see where it goes, but lemme know if I'm fucking any big mechanical things up, or missing any big points of damage / defense. Am just doing the lower tiers of yellow maps right now, and it feels pretty comfortable if it isn't ele reflect.


MoM and CI don't work together. MoM will only kick in when all your ES is gone anyway.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 14 2018 12:54 GMT
#27158
Any reason why Shaper's triple-ball/frostbolt ability would be one shotting me if I'm at 117% uncapped cold res? I know it pens 25% but I should still be capped even after the pen, and math says with capped res it would do about ~2k per ball.

I attempted him for the first time last night, since I can comfortably kill the Guardians now without dying.. First round of Fragments went pretty well, got him to ~10% with fair/learning deaths before getting slammed for the first and only time on accident. I was pretty excited after to be honest. Second round was brutal though... I died 1shot to the 3balls three times in phase one, and then the rest was a mess, probably on tilt, bad placement of the vortexes, etc.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 15:06:24
January 14 2018 15:05 GMT
#27159
On January 14 2018 21:54 Duka08 wrote:
Any reason why Shaper's triple-ball/frostbolt ability would be one shotting me if I'm at 117% uncapped cold res? I know it pens 25% but I should still be capped even after the pen, and math says with capped res it would do about ~2k per ball.

I attempted him for the first time last night, since I can comfortably kill the Guardians now without dying.. First round of Fragments went pretty well, got him to ~10% with fair/learning deaths before getting slammed for the first and only time on accident. I was pretty excited after to be honest. Second round was brutal though... I died 1shot to the 3balls three times in phase one, and then the rest was a mess, probably on tilt, bad placement of the vortexes, etc.

If this cold pen works like player cold pen then it ignores your uncapped res, it only compares to your max res. So if your max is 75% vs that attack it is only 50%. No amount of overcap can save you from that, that only helps vs Curses.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-14 17:25:18
January 14 2018 17:14 GMT
#27160
Oh ok, I thought attacks with pen subtracted from your overcap. Doesn't the elemental weakness curse do that or something? I swear I've heard recently of a reason to have overcapped resistances, I probably just confused the two. So really each of those balls is doing over 4k then, treating cold res like only 50%. That would explain it.
Prev 1 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 211
SpeCial 130
ViBE100
Nathanias 77
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12035
Rain 1457
GuemChi 945
Artosis 682
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever393
Counter-Strike
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox811
Mew2King92
Other Games
summit1g6362
shahzam666
WinterStarcraft480
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0305
Trikslyr52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta17
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur301
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 40m
INu's Battles
10h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 40m
OSC
21h 55m
Replay Cast
22h 40m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.