• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:57
CEST 03:57
KST 10:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8366 users

Path of Exile - Page 1176

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-24 17:30:53
January 24 2017 17:29 GMT
#23501
Best hats to run are indeed either valuable/fotm uniques (Rats Nest, Devoto's Devotion, Scold's Bridle, Vertex, etc) or ilvl 84 whites (hubris best by far, a few armour bases are probably OK, never evasion i don't think)

You'd be surprised what people will pay for though. Just because stone golem effect sounds garbage to you doesn't mean some struggling RF character doesn't desperately need it. The best is to try to always be enchanting an unenchanted hat unless the enchant is like ice nova damage on a devoto's right (somebody wants that enchant, but not on that hat obviously).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-24 17:36:10
January 24 2017 17:35 GMT
#23502
On January 25 2017 02:29 Sn0_Man wrote:
Best hats to run are indeed either valuable/fotm uniques (Rats Nest, Devoto's Devotion, Scold's Bridle, Vertex, etc) or ilvl 84 whites (hubris best by far, a few armour bases are probably OK, never evasion i don't think)

You'd be surprised what people will pay for though. Just because stone golem effect sounds garbage to you doesn't mean some struggling RF character doesn't desperately need it. The best is to try to always be enchanting an unenchanted hat unless the enchant is like ice nova damage on a devoto's right (somebody wants that enchant, but not on that hat obviously).

Do you buy those uniques? Or just enchant them if they dropped and enchant white ones most of the time?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 24 2017 17:38 GMT
#23503
If you are serious about running lab you should pick up a few uniques to run imo, given that you can afford the currency. You can just start with whites though and then if you sell a few reinvest in uniques

shit like eq duration on a devotos or barrage projectiles on a rats nest are worth like 5-10ex above the base item though, whereas on hubrises they are much cheaper (still gg)
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 24 2017 18:50 GMT
#23504
I think its best to throw them on ilvl84 hubrises. They have a much wider range of good mods than uniques Im pretty sure.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 24 2017 19:07 GMT
#23505
ilvl 84 hubris are the safe strategy, but the jackpot would be getting things like +2 barrage or tornado shot projectiles on Rat's Nest. Could be that there are more expensive enchants now but these used to be the most expensive ones.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 24 2017 19:17 GMT
#23506
Im guessing youre talking about softcore? Im not sure those are that valuable in HC
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 24 2017 21:16 GMT
#23507
On January 25 2017 04:17 solidbebe wrote:
Im guessing youre talking about softcore? Im not sure those are that valuable in HC

Yeah, I am. Archangel is playing SC afaik.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-24 21:34:53
January 24 2017 21:33 GMT
#23508
even so, additional barrage projectiles on a devotos would be a few ex for sure if there were any for sale (literal none for sale on BHC)
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 25 2017 01:17 GMT
#23509
On January 25 2017 02:19 -Archangel- wrote:
Friend asked how to best farm uber lab.. what should I tell him?
I know some of you are pretty experienced.

The obvious answer is get lots of keys and open chest and hope for the best but can anyone share what is best to enchant in each run?
Best ES white helm and hope for some mod for some of the meta builds?

other ppl talked about enchanting, these are just minor tip

you want full key runs, 3 key runs are ok in first 2 weeks but after it's not profitable IMO. you want at the very least 10 min per run. if you can't make this times or die more than like 1/20 runs then fix yo build

I personally do like 4-5 runs in a row, then price everything. pricing after every run takes away your flow

look up layout on poelab.com of course

running fast and memorizing lab layouts is the best time saver
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 25 2017 07:51 GMT
#23510
Tnx for the tips guys, I forwarded it all to my friend. He is playing that templar vortex Beast Fur build that is good at uber lab farming.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-26 06:33:39
January 26 2017 06:33 GMT
#23511
+ Show Spoiler +


blade vortex multiple instance stacking exploit, incase you haven't seen it

so many builds I want to do before nerf, so little time ><
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 26 2017 09:19 GMT
#23512
Haha, that is interesting :D
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 26 2017 21:42 GMT
#23513
anyone know if sin's rebirth is affected by flask effectiveness (the unholy might part). I would think not, but it mathil's most recent vid he thinks it does
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 26 2017 21:46 GMT
#23514
It most certainly is not

mathil isn't known as a mechanics expert, he knows a fair amount from playing an asston and he's a skilled button presser but he doesn't study mechanics that much.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 27 2017 03:32 GMT
#23515
thought so, it's a fairly basic mistake though ><

sidenote: have people here played Grim Dawn? I heard good things about it, but tbh finding it really boring so far. It has complex mechanics but the builds don't seem that interesting (stack damage/procs -> kill shit), and the actual fights are a snooze fest so far. To be fair I'm only lvl 20 and I copied ZiggyD's beginner build so I'm just face rolling, but it feels weird that from Lvl 2 I have a skill (devouring swarm) that does amazing dps, DoT, life leech, and AoE/pierce.

also realizing that I have little motivation to gear up and learn a whole new game when there's no global economy. though I did enjoy Torchlight 1/2 a lot so I don't know if that's it
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 05:04:46
January 27 2017 05:04 GMT
#23516
I played Grim Dawn coop with a friend until the endgame. Found it overrated. Story was forgettable, music is good, graphics are fine, gameplay is mostly boring, builds are counter-intuitive in a bad way due to weird trigger interactions, leveling isn't balanced and the grind isn't fun.

I preferred Torchlight II, but PoE, Diablo 1 and 2 are simply better, imo.

On another note, I hope the grind in PoE gets a bit more involved/harder in 2.6 as that's what makes it fun in the long run for me. Might skip it and wait for 3.0 otherwise. SSF could do it, but getting gems, maps, flasks, etc. is such a pain currently, I don't see them fixing it in time.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 05:38:50
January 27 2017 05:37 GMT
#23517
I'm not sure how many hours per day you played, but I think your ability to get super geared / clear top content is not the norm, especially considering you haven't played in like 2+ years. You still hear a lot of people complaining how difficult it is to attain certain gear levels despite the fact that it has been getting easier and easier to do so.

for better or for worse GGG has steadily been pushing the game towards lower grind requirements, where a good 2 weeks of dedicated playing or 1.5 months of super casual play will let you essentially full clear a league. not sure how I feel about this yet. we'll see at 3.0

could always join the dark side, hardcore :3 I personally find the grind a lot more meaningful, and it forces me to put a lot more weight into my gearing decisions / gameplay decisions. I dont think I could ever do SSF I enjoy trading / economy stuff too much. Racing scratches my itch for solo play but who knows when that's coming back ;_;
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 07:18:23
January 27 2017 07:17 GMT
#23518
Considering my entire gear was self-found + ~90c spent, I'd say it's simply flameblast being ridiculously cheap and double dipping ruining everything.

But my problem is more with the "distance" between clearing shaper/guardians/atziri and farming ~T13 at ludicrous speed. Currently, the hardest content you can speedclear is by far the best return you can get. Doing anything remotely hard is a waste of time. And BHC basically compounds this.

That's a problem with builds being on vastly different power levels. I can ignite bosses for millions of damage. Vaal spark can clear several screens with a single cast. How is an old Rain of Arrow pushing 200k dps supposed to compete with either of those? Yet there must be content they can do and not feel like crap.

It's a hard problem. But the fact that I never learned the patterns of map bosses because I one shot them all feels wrong. Guardians were better in that aspect, but their maps are stupidly easy unless you roll some insane mods.

Uber lab is more engaging, but mobs might as well not spawn in there.

Imho, they've got a lot to fix for 3.0... but the potential of what it could be is still exhilarating =)
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 27 2017 07:48 GMT
#23519
I agree with some things you say, but it's not at all true that "Doing anything remotely hard is a waste of time" in BHC. Farming atziri, breachlords, shaper, lab, etc. are all very very profitable because not as many people can do it, but there's still plenty of people who want the gear.

you're right that builds are on vastly different levels, but it is possible to push even Rain of Arrows to the highest limits. check waggles' ignite herald of ash, or you could do full ele conversion. the main problem is that doing stuff like this costs way more. I think it's ok that there is uneven balance, it's just bad that GGG haven't made enough balance changes in a while. they do some stuff like killing mjolner, but oh look cospri's still insane, blade vortex buffed (??), etc.

I'm really hoping for a true meta / mechanic shift that requires everyone to rethink their builds
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 08:10:05
January 27 2017 08:09 GMT
#23520
On January 27 2017 12:32 EchelonTee wrote:
thought so, it's a fairly basic mistake though ><

sidenote: have people here played Grim Dawn? I heard good things about it, but tbh finding it really boring so far. It has complex mechanics but the builds don't seem that interesting (stack damage/procs -> kill shit), and the actual fights are a snooze fest so far. To be fair I'm only lvl 20 and I copied ZiggyD's beginner build so I'm just face rolling, but it feels weird that from Lvl 2 I have a skill (devouring swarm) that does amazing dps, DoT, life leech, and AoE/pierce.

also realizing that I have little motivation to gear up and learn a whole new game when there's no global economy. though I did enjoy Torchlight 1/2 a lot so I don't know if that's it

I have few hundred hours in Grim Dawn. It was my go to aRPG while PoE had desync problems.

I found it pretty fun for the most part. Also has some problems and some engine problems.

Game has lots of different builds and some are more or less fun. It also depends on the players and what he enjoys. And yea, at lvl 20 you will not experience the real game. That one happens after lvl 50.
And avoid simple builds like gun users, those are boring.

Main advantage of Grim Dawn over PoE is that it has no economy, it is SSF but with good drop rates where new useful items drop often enough that you don't feel like you are wasting your time (or just collecting stuff to sell so you can buy useful items). I find Grim Dawn more similar to D2 than PoE because I played D2 SSF and had no problems self gearing to finish all quests on all difficulties. I didn't even grind in D2
Prev 1 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings94
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 277
WinterStarcraft199
RuFF_SC2 93
CosmosSc2 76
ViBE47
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2205
GuemChi 1416
Artosis 529
910 45
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever369
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 524
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox843
Other Games
summit1g9020
Day[9].tv775
shahzam641
JimRising 616
C9.Mang0381
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick552
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP42
• EnkiAlexander 30
• Hinosc 6
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv775
• Shiphtur642
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 3m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.