• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:31
CEST 18:31
KST 01:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9519 users

Path of Exile - Page 1177

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 27 2017 08:12 GMT
#23521
Pretty sure they said they are going to remove double dipping of poison/ignite/bleed in 3.0 (at that point there was no news out that another league happens before, so I hope it happens in that league already). That already would be a huge balance change and make the game a lot harder for most of the current meta builds. I do hope there will be more significant changes though, and don't really care about the 1h melee changes.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 27 2017 08:55 GMT
#23522
you have any suggestions for a fun grim dawn build? something melee but with rly good AoE, I already have a conjurer caster build

if anyone needs to do challenges on bhc let me know it's lonely
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 09:12:59
January 27 2017 09:09 GMT
#23523
I played Grim Dawn for a while as well, it was a mixed bag. Enjoyable till "endgame" for me. Max level farming for legendaries, which rarely dropped, was boring for me. Might have been better with trading. Only melee with decent AoE that I played was a bleed focussed Blade Arc Soldier, where I picked Shaman as 2nd class to be more tanky. Idk how good that is but it worked fine for a while, I didn't play that char till endgame though.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 09:28:52
January 27 2017 09:26 GMT
#23524
On January 27 2017 17:55 EchelonTee wrote:
you have any suggestions for a fun grim dawn build? something melee but with rly good AoE, I already have a conjurer caster build

if anyone needs to do challenges on bhc let me know it's lonely

Soldier/Shaman focusing on Primal Strike and Two hander is fun. You boost your defense by using Wendigo Totem.

Another option is nightblade/soldier focusing on two weapons and using mostly passive skills that activate on % chance per hit. It has a couple of cool defensive skills that need precise timing to use.

Also I found Demolitionist/Occultist fun. You use Grenado and Canister Bombs as your two main skills and use Occultist for debuffs.

Another fun option is Shaman/Arcanist where you focus on lightning damage and some on cold damage. Your main skills are Wind Devil, Storm Totem and Thorzain's Sky Shard.

Respecing is fairly cheap in Grim Dawn so you can just start something yourself and adjust later. Most of your build in end game comes from farming legendary items for your build or crafting and enhancing your own BIS gear.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 10:01:00
January 27 2017 09:58 GMT
#23525
On January 27 2017 16:48 EchelonTee wrote:
I agree with some things you say, but it's not at all true that "Doing anything remotely hard is a waste of time" in BHC. Farming atziri, breachlords, shaper, lab, etc. are all very very profitable because not as many people can do it, but there's still plenty of people who want the gear.
But if you're farming Shaper, you want a build that trivializes the fight. And if we're gonna be honest, farming Shaper would get pretty boring pretty fast. The fight isn't that interesting mechanically. Corrupted guardian maps are way more challenging, but getting a bit more IIQ is not worth risking triple damage faster hydra or double AoE minotaur.

I don't expect that to actually be the case, and removing double dipping should already be enough to allow a much larger "fun and challenging" line between impossible and mindless.

Breach is partly to blame for this as well. They are a lot more profitable when you encounter them in an easy zone. High level breaches in a dangerous map are thrilling, but they are not exactly profitable.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 27 2017 10:15 GMT
#23526
I see many people (especially on the reddit) complaining about how theyve pretty much done it all and they are tired of farming x or y.

Then i see that these people usually play softcore. No wonder youre getting bored of the game when there is never a real danger to your character, come play hardcore instead! The economy is also much much better.

And if youre still tired of the game then just skip a league and come back the next.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 10:39:01
January 27 2017 10:37 GMT
#23527
On January 27 2017 18:58 Pwere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 16:48 EchelonTee wrote:
I agree with some things you say, but it's not at all true that "Doing anything remotely hard is a waste of time" in BHC. Farming atziri, breachlords, shaper, lab, etc. are all very very profitable because not as many people can do it, but there's still plenty of people who want the gear.
But if you're farming Shaper, you want a build that trivializes the fight. And if we're gonna be honest, farming Shaper would get pretty boring pretty fast. The fight isn't that interesting mechanically. Corrupted guardian maps are way more challenging, but getting a bit more IIQ is not worth risking triple damage faster hydra or double AoE minotaur.

I don't expect that to actually be the case, and removing double dipping should already be enough to allow a much larger "fun and challenging" line between impossible and mindless.

Breach is partly to blame for this as well. They are a lot more profitable when you encounter them in an easy zone. High level breaches in a dangerous map are thrilling, but they are not exactly profitable.

Double dipping made other builds actually useful. If they just remove it, they are going to make builds of the week weaker but other builds unplayable and many of them are already borderline unplayable unless you got crazy gear.

Like my Trypanon build, it is on lower end of the scale of useful builds in end game and only thing that makes it still useful is poison and double dipping. Without poison as it is, I can delete this character.

Actually I would consider the biggest flaw of PoE the huge difference in power between top builds and most of the others. Lack of any semblance of balance in PoE is hilarious.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 11:02:59
January 27 2017 11:01 GMT
#23528
Huge difference in power comes A LOT because of double dipping though. Not only of course, but much of it. If they are happy with the current speed meta that (mostly) the double dipping builds achieve, they would only have to nerf the life of guardians and shaper, other things can be done without double dipping builds fairly well. And with GG gear these are already very doable without it I guess, or with insane(ly bugged) skills like Blade Vortex.
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
January 27 2017 18:43 GMT
#23529
level 85 ED occultist died today. got frozen by some mobs but didn't realize i was frozen. could've saved myself with a flask
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 18:59:52
January 27 2017 18:58 GMT
#23530
Seen this vid posted on reddit and mostly agree with it:



Though I guess for HC that's less true. Of course I also understand people who don't agree with it and just play the best builds, but like the vid says those usually get bored of the game more quickly (on SC at least).

Also RIP Frolossus. I might give HC another try, still haven't achieved lvl 90 there, died twice at lvl 89 (not this league).
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 19:11:21
January 27 2017 19:10 GMT
#23531
Right now I think my #1 most desired change to PoE would be significant tree revisions so that there is something new to play with. Since, of course, cruel is already going away.

Too bad GGG claim the data shows changing the tree drives away old players

My best hc char is 91 (also not breach). I strongly recommend Explosive Arrow characters for people who aren't actually good enough to play HC (like me lolz).
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 27 2017 20:45 GMT
#23532
My best highest level in HC was 95 as a trickster essence drain. If you are playing HC for the first time, or just never want to die, I really recommend this build. It runs 20/20 enfeeble and temporal chains on blasphemy with 50% curse effectiveness. If you have a lot of money you can go low life and also wear Grace aura which synergizes well with trickster. I had about 10k ES and 10k evasion (23k with flasks) on top of the incredibly strong curses. Temp chains slows mobs for 60% at this level, which is absolutely crazy. Evasion also synergizes really well with enfeeble as enfeeble reduces mob accuracy on top of the ~45% less damage modifier. You will never die in a map.

Sadly I died to Uul-netol . His projectiles instagibbed me from the other side of the room. Quite ridiculous imo but that's how it goes.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
January 27 2017 22:48 GMT
#23533
A problem with those super buffed blasphemy curses build is that they're vulnerable to range dmg outside the blasphemy range, so unintendedly kiting becomes more dangerous than just facetank.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 27 2017 23:45 GMT
#23534
I bit the bullet at 93 as voltaxic deadeye last league, I doubt I'm going to get higher then that on hc again.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
January 28 2017 12:06 GMT
#23535
On January 28 2017 07:48 vndestiny wrote:
A problem with those super buffed blasphemy curses build is that they're vulnerable to range dmg outside the blasphemy range, so unintendedly kiting becomes more dangerous than just facetank.

This is why you should just run straight into packs. How i would clear maps was just run from pack to pack and cast one essence drain + contagion, and if it was a pack of tanky mobs, cast an abyssal cry to blow everything up. With 20/20 curses and 20/20 blasphemy with hex master and some inc aoe from the tree, your curses actually reach pretty far. Never had a problem with ranged monsters.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ThaddeusK
Profile Joined July 2008
United States233 Posts
January 28 2017 18:58 GMT
#23536
On January 28 2017 03:58 HolydaKing wrote:
Seen this vid posted on reddit and mostly agree with it:

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxQWKEClHAc


Though I guess for HC that's less true. Of course I also understand people who don't agree with it and just play the best builds, but like the vid says those usually get bored of the game more quickly (on SC at least).

Also RIP Frolossus. I might give HC another try, still haven't achieved lvl 90 there, died twice at lvl 89 (not this league).


I agree with his main point that you should play what you want and not worry so much about what other builds are capable of, but he seems way to aggressively against meta/strong builds given this mindset. Many meta builds are alot of fun and they aren't going to ruin PoE for you if you can appropriately control your expectations when you go back to doing weaker builds.
Espelz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany833 Posts
January 28 2017 18:59 GMT
#23537
On January 28 2017 21:06 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2017 07:48 vndestiny wrote:
A problem with those super buffed blasphemy curses build is that they're vulnerable to range dmg outside the blasphemy range, so unintendedly kiting becomes more dangerous than just facetank.

This is why you should just run straight into packs. How i would clear maps was just run from pack to pack and cast one essence drain + contagion, and if it was a pack of tanky mobs, cast an abyssal cry to blow everything up. With 20/20 curses and 20/20 blasphemy with hex master and some inc aoe from the tree, your curses actually reach pretty far. Never had a problem with ranged monsters.


You played ED as life build then I presume ? Because with the amount of mana a 6L ED costs (>100 for me), I cant imagine having dual blasphemy curses and discipline AND still enough mana to cast.

The thing I`m a bit "scared" (of the mild inconvenience of dying, the poor SC player that I am :D) with such a heavy curse investment is.. I feel like every 4th map I roll has -curse effectiveness. Is this still okay because you have SO much curse effectiveness that you basically still get a "normal" effect ? Because w/o the heavy investment it feels like curses to pretty much nothing vs -75% effectiveness, and I dont wanna have to reroll so many map mods.

"Its not over till Fantasy gg´s" - Sayle
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 28 2017 19:14 GMT
#23538
Definitely not if he went Trickster. I assume he used Heretic's Veil and had some aura nodes. Should be possible then.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-28 21:01:50
January 28 2017 21:00 GMT
#23539
On January 29 2017 03:59 Espelz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2017 21:06 solidbebe wrote:
On January 28 2017 07:48 vndestiny wrote:
A problem with those super buffed blasphemy curses build is that they're vulnerable to range dmg outside the blasphemy range, so unintendedly kiting becomes more dangerous than just facetank.

This is why you should just run straight into packs. How i would clear maps was just run from pack to pack and cast one essence drain + contagion, and if it was a pack of tanky mobs, cast an abyssal cry to blow everything up. With 20/20 curses and 20/20 blasphemy with hex master and some inc aoe from the tree, your curses actually reach pretty far. Never had a problem with ranged monsters.


You played ED as life build then I presume ? Because with the amount of mana a 6L ED costs (>100 for me), I cant imagine having dual blasphemy curses and discipline AND still enough mana to cast.

The thing I`m a bit "scared" (of the mild inconvenience of dying, the poor SC player that I am :D) with such a heavy curse investment is.. I feel like every 4th map I roll has -curse effectiveness. Is this still okay because you have SO much curse effectiveness that you basically still get a "normal" effect ? Because w/o the heavy investment it feels like curses to pretty much nothing vs -75% effectiveness, and I dont wanna have to reroll so many map mods.


I was CI. This was my tree if you are curious:

+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCALDYotk8tvmkkUfIFNo7cNSAs_VvTINqjHSBFr-00cgMdoK1SG1s62PndBEvAx7bGujWKwofQRB7Iupd8r46wzoOSIngm7URluZYhMV_xpMfkyfBxUkTXIpsC76K74h71-wYIvShL8rT-TeP-k5tbRm0DNfPXEClxBFQ2VuX9Oq6SbGHy5wyNbkbJVJTDXw0CqebpytLrpeVPV9XyTdmdZ7pAij6LKbPFYLHuJOQ1vnoHNxBh-vujxqcvqcIDR-PRp2uPCgdFJuhGmz60hhq99f3wRcveC-ESFKvZOd85VxrrUpV1lgHw21n_ICkGYr7CfbaGo8=


Basically the minus curse effectiveness map mod sucks with this build. Since you are at 150%, you get 150 * 0.25 = 37,5% of the original effect. It's not very good. It is still a runnable mod however (especially on softcore, but I wouldnt recommend going enfeeble + temporal chains on softcore, it's kinda overkill), you just have to be more careful in the map.

Regarding the mana cost. I was still running a 5link as I didnt manage to 6link my shavs (rip 700 fus). I believe the mana cost of my ED was ~65 mana. I had about 200 mana unreserved and I also ran a lvl12 clarity of my life which gave me a total of 50 mana regen. I could fire about 5 shots of ED before I ran out of mana, which more than enough for most things. I wore a consuming dark + decay dagger which meant you can oneshot bosses <t16.

I did not wear a heretics veil btw. It is not worth the cost (around 200c) imo.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 28 2017 21:27 GMT
#23540
You used clarity with life? As CI? Sounds more like low life.
Prev 1 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 105
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4265
Bisu 1848
Soulkey 1459
EffOrt 924
Mini 671
Larva 401
Horang2 375
ZerO 350
actioN 204
ggaemo 175
[ Show more ]
Yoon 115
Shinee 101
Mind 94
hero 76
Sharp 70
Sea.KH 64
sorry 61
Snow 51
Barracks 45
Hyun 39
Bale 29
Trap 27
Terrorterran 25
ToSsGirL 22
NaDa 17
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5926
Dendi1172
420jenkins296
XaKoH 227
League of Legends
Reynor81
Counter-Strike
fl0m3642
x6flipin754
Fnx 673
pashabiceps203
edward27
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes400
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1388
hiko950
FrodaN446
B2W.Neo395
XBOCT200
Livibee168
QueenE108
TKL 100
Mew2King51
C9.Mang022
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV678
League of Legends
• Nemesis3877
• TFBlade649
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 29m
Patches Events
23h 29m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.