• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:52
CEST 15:52
KST 22:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8004 users

Path of Exile - Page 1174

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-19 22:52:53
January 19 2017 22:51 GMT
#23461
On January 20 2017 06:32 Lachrymose wrote:
What if GGG announced, instead of the port, they were making a completely unrelated Xbox game? Would that only be okay with you if it was funded entirely by venture capital and not by Path of Exile?

It's tricky at first but you're saying all profits from Path of Exile should be reinvested in Path of Exile and that's the same as saying Path of Exile should not be profitable.

Do you take that attitude with any other company? If you bought Starcraft 2 did you expect 100% of that revenue to go toward Heart of the Swarm and not a dime toward Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm or whatever else?


If they actually announced what they were doing we wouldn't have had this issue. I fully expect Blizzard to continue developing games and new universes. I did not expect GGG to develop a console version of Path of Exile.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 19 2017 22:56 GMT
#23462
On January 20 2017 07:51 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 06:32 Lachrymose wrote:
What if GGG announced, instead of the port, they were making a completely unrelated Xbox game? Would that only be okay with you if it was funded entirely by venture capital and not by Path of Exile?

It's tricky at first but you're saying all profits from Path of Exile should be reinvested in Path of Exile and that's the same as saying Path of Exile should not be profitable.

Do you take that attitude with any other company? If you bought Starcraft 2 did you expect 100% of that revenue to go toward Heart of the Swarm and not a dime toward Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm or whatever else?


If they actually announced what they were doing we wouldn't have had this issue. I fully expect Blizzard to continue developing games and new universes. I did not expect GGG to develop a console version of Path of Exile.

aka you have to approve of the use of all revenue from Path of Exile aka Path of Exile is not to be profitable.
~
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-19 23:16:49
January 19 2017 23:07 GMT
#23463
On January 20 2017 07:56 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 07:51 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On January 20 2017 06:32 Lachrymose wrote:
What if GGG announced, instead of the port, they were making a completely unrelated Xbox game? Would that only be okay with you if it was funded entirely by venture capital and not by Path of Exile?

It's tricky at first but you're saying all profits from Path of Exile should be reinvested in Path of Exile and that's the same as saying Path of Exile should not be profitable.

Do you take that attitude with any other company? If you bought Starcraft 2 did you expect 100% of that revenue to go toward Heart of the Swarm and not a dime toward Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm or whatever else?


If they actually announced what they were doing we wouldn't have had this issue. I fully expect Blizzard to continue developing games and new universes. I did not expect GGG to develop a console version of Path of Exile.

aka you have to approve of the use of all revenue from Path of Exile aka Path of Exile is not to be profitable.


The idea that I'm approving their revenue by voicing my concerns about a project that they've been hiding for a year when they've been communicating with the community the entire time I've been playing this game since closed beta just doesn't add up.

and if you don't understand the other viewpoint then I suggest we just agree to disagree because there isn't any more evidence to present.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 19 2017 23:26 GMT
#23464
On January 20 2017 08:07 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 07:56 Lachrymose wrote:
On January 20 2017 07:51 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On January 20 2017 06:32 Lachrymose wrote:
What if GGG announced, instead of the port, they were making a completely unrelated Xbox game? Would that only be okay with you if it was funded entirely by venture capital and not by Path of Exile?

It's tricky at first but you're saying all profits from Path of Exile should be reinvested in Path of Exile and that's the same as saying Path of Exile should not be profitable.

Do you take that attitude with any other company? If you bought Starcraft 2 did you expect 100% of that revenue to go toward Heart of the Swarm and not a dime toward Hearthstone or Heroes of the Storm or whatever else?


If they actually announced what they were doing we wouldn't have had this issue. I fully expect Blizzard to continue developing games and new universes. I did not expect GGG to develop a console version of Path of Exile.

aka you have to approve of the use of all revenue from Path of Exile aka Path of Exile is not to be profitable.


The idea that I'm approving their revenue by voicing my concerns about a project that they've been hiding for a year when they've been communicating with the community the entire time I've been playing this game since closed beta just doesn't add up.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. 'Voicing your concerns' that it's unethical that they spent money on something other than server or development costs is saying you have to approve of how they spend money because some of that money came from sources that contain language about 'supporting' PoE.

'Supporting PoE to be profitable' is a completely reasonable interpretation. Much more reasonable in fact than the 'supporting PoE to subsist' interpretation that people like you seem to believe.

It is unreasonable to expect that none of the revenue PoE earns from mtx/'support' goes into a bag called 'profit' and therefore it's unreasonable to feel defrauded when some of the money comes out of that bag for a non-PoE project.
~
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8710 Posts
January 19 2017 23:36 GMT
#23465
I think you aren't getting Blitz's point Lachrymose. GGG's relationship with its playerbase is a lot different than for blizzard for example. They built their core on being "crowd-funded" and listening to the fans, being transparent. They still have the last word in what they are going to do with the money of course and everybody knows that. However, there is a massive difference in announcing the info to get intel about what the community thinks and take that into the equation as compared to your claim that people try to claim the right to approve the decision GGG is making. All Blitz is asking for is the option to voice concerns and for GGG to take that into consideration. He is not asking for an option for the fans to actually approve anything GGG is doing. The decision is still in GGG's hands in the end.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-19 23:42:53
January 19 2017 23:37 GMT
#23466
I'm surprised at the reactions. This seems like a mundane deal getting blown out of proportions. If it's a profitable venture, why wouldn't they do it? And since Xbox is a different version with different balance and servers, why should we care? They're basically making an Xbox game loosely based on PoE with money they most likely cannot spend on PC development (and they might have help from Microsoft or some other entity along the way).

It feels like people are retroactively applying every clearspeed meta decision to the xbox port, when new hard content followed by power creep has been happening forever.

Will we get a balance speed bump? Sure. Will we miss content on the PC? No, we'll get more. Will the game be more casual? Yes, but that would have happened anyway, as it is clearly the more popular option. PoE has never had more players. Will the game be more difficult in 3.0? I hope so, but if it isn't, it has nothing to do with the xbox port.

As for communications, when was the right time to announce it? It was a risky idea. They hired ppl to work on the engine with the Xbox in mind, but their plan B was always the DX11 optimizations. Should they announce it when there's still a risk of cancellation? The timing is a marketing equation. Now they have a few months to build up Xbox hype on top of 3.0 hype. If the Xbox version gets a delay, they can still keep the hype alive with 3.0. It's pretty damn convenient.

GGG's formula can't reasonably be applied to console development. Consoles work way more on marketing and momenthum than on game quality and developer support. You think Chris didn't want to share it all along? If it hurts GGG in the process, his hands are tied.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:02:22
January 19 2017 23:55 GMT
#23467
On January 20 2017 08:36 Miragee wrote:
I think you aren't getting Blitz's point Lachrymose. GGG's relationship with its playerbase is a lot different than for blizzard for example. They built their core on being "crowd-funded" and listening to the fans, being transparent. They still have the last word in what they are going to do with the money of course and everybody knows that. However, there is a massive difference in announcing the info to get intel about what the community thinks and take that into the equation as compared to your claim that people try to claim the right to approve the decision GGG is making. All Blitz is asking for is the option to voice concerns and for GGG to take that into consideration. He is not asking for an option for the fans to actually approve anything GGG is doing. The decision is still in GGG's hands in the end.

The difference is it's not a concern that it's a bad business decision or something that's being approached impartially. It's not even about the specific decision at all. Criticising GGG for spending development funds on Lab instead of Masters is one thing. People aren't saying 'shouldn't they have made a PS4 port, not Xbox?'. I'm not arguing against people saying it's a bad idea because focusing on PC content would have been more profitable or anything like that.

To put it more plainly: His concern is not "this isn't the best move for the company, let's discuss why and what they can do better." His concern is "They took my money under false pretenses, let's discuss how this is not ethical and should not be allowed."

It's about whether or not it's ethical for PoE to make a no-strings-attached profit given the language of 'support' in what they sell. Whether it's ethical for them to spend any money on something which is not PoE.

Primarily, people are saying that it is not ethical and they are very mad about this.

It is.
~
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:18:59
January 20 2017 00:17 GMT
#23468
On January 20 2017 08:55 Lachrymose wrote:
To put it more plainly: His concern is not "this isn't the best move for the company, let's discuss why and what they can do better." His concern is "They took my money under false pretenses, let's discuss how this is not ethical and should not be allowed."

It's about whether or not it's ethical for PoE to make a no-strings-attached profit given the language of 'support' in what they sell. Whether it's ethical for them to spend any money on something which is not PoE.


That isn't my concern at all actually. I haven't spent money or played seriously since Forsaken Masters so you're just wrong here. Please keep wrongly assuming my position though instead of understanding what I'm saying.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 20 2017 00:25 GMT
#23469
On January 20 2017 09:17 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 08:55 Lachrymose wrote:
To put it more plainly: His concern is not "this isn't the best move for the company, let's discuss why and what they can do better." His concern is "They took my money under false pretenses, let's discuss how this is not ethical and should not be allowed."

It's about whether or not it's ethical for PoE to make a no-strings-attached profit given the language of 'support' in what they sell. Whether it's ethical for them to spend any money on something which is not PoE.


That isn't my concern at all actually. I haven't spent money or played seriously since Forsaken Masters so you're just wrong here. Please keep wrongly assuming my position though instead of understanding what I'm saying.

Oh please, your position is not meaningfully different from that. "Not literally my money, idiot!" Yeah, obviously.
~
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:42:59
January 20 2017 00:28 GMT
#23470
On January 20 2017 09:25 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 09:17 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On January 20 2017 08:55 Lachrymose wrote:
To put it more plainly: His concern is not "this isn't the best move for the company, let's discuss why and what they can do better." His concern is "They took my money under false pretenses, let's discuss how this is not ethical and should not be allowed."

It's about whether or not it's ethical for PoE to make a no-strings-attached profit given the language of 'support' in what they sell. Whether it's ethical for them to spend any money on something which is not PoE.


That isn't my concern at all actually. I haven't spent money or played seriously since Forsaken Masters so you're just wrong here. Please keep wrongly assuming my position though instead of understanding what I'm saying.

Oh please, your position is not meaningfully different from that. "Not literally my money, idiot!" Yeah, obviously.


How do you even know my position when I haven't posted it? My first post is about how game design is inherently hindered by multi platform hardware concerns which sounds exactly like 'why this isn't the best move for the company.' The second thread is about how Blizzard doesn't communicate as much as GGG has in the past. I think it's pretty clear that this backlash has reduced GGG's credibility and they might not be seen that way anymore.

My intent of saying I haven't spent money or played seriously in the past two+ years was that I haven't liked the direction of the game in awhile. They never took my money under false pretense and I've gotten more than my money paid out of this game. I'm saying that GGG threw a curve ball at everyone by not announcing something when they've been great at communicating for the past five years. Ethical concerns are never black and white as you make it out to be.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:42:21
January 20 2017 00:31 GMT
#23471
That's not the tone of the message your were posting in support of.

"What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that since over a year [some of] every dollar spent went to a project at least I would have never supported."

This is very clearly espousing the idea I was arguing against.

This "teehee, not technically my money" "teehee, not technically my position, just the one you were arguing against that I started supporting, gotcha!" nonsense is ridiculous.

Yes, I'm talking in general about the thing I've been arguing against from the start that people here and elsewhere are expressing, I don't care about you as an individual in particular.
~
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 00:57:50
January 20 2017 00:52 GMT
#23472
On January 20 2017 09:31 Lachrymose wrote:
That's not the tone of the message your were posting in support of.

"What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that since over a year [some of] every dollar spent went to a project at least I would have never supported."

This is very clearly espousing the idea I was arguing against.

This "teehee, not technically my money" "teehee, not technically my position, just the one you were arguing against that I started supporting, gotcha!" nonsense is ridiculous.

Yes, I'm talking in general about the thing I've been arguing against from the start that people here and elsewhere are expressing, I don't care about you as an individual in particular.


This isn't a gotcha. I am talking about developer expectations. I don't even disagree with you that what GGG was ethical. What they did was not 'wrong.' I'm saying that people expected better because of their past interaction with the developer. Evo has already stated that his statement was hyperbolic so there's not really much to argue with. I never intended to take up that position and you assuming it and then repeating the same points over and over again is not productive.

I thought my statement to you about the video articulating Evo's point better was clear, but I'm thinking now that you thought I meant that I agreed with the video.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 20 2017 01:04 GMT
#23473
On January 20 2017 09:52 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 09:31 Lachrymose wrote:
That's not the tone of the message your were posting in support of.

"What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that since over a year [some of] every dollar spent went to a project at least I would have never supported."

This is very clearly espousing the idea I was arguing against.

This "teehee, not technically my money" "teehee, not technically my position, just the one you were arguing against that I started supporting, gotcha!" nonsense is ridiculous.

Yes, I'm talking in general about the thing I've been arguing against from the start that people here and elsewhere are expressing, I don't care about you as an individual in particular.


This isn't a gotcha. I am talking about developer expectations. I don't even disagree with you that what GGG was ethical. What they did was not 'wrong.' I'm saying that people expected better because of their past interaction with the developer. Evo has already stated that his statement was hyperbolic so there's not really much to argue with. I never intended to take up that position and you assuming it and then repeating the same points over and over again is not productive.

It's only hyperbolic in that he meant 'some of' not 'all'. It's not meaningfully different for my argument and I cited the correction from the beginning..

Your expectations of 'better' are unfair and unreasonable. There's no reason to expect they could or should disclose more than they did when they said they were looking into porting it back in 2014.

Why would they do that? So we could have this "they stole PC money to pay for Xbox!" nonsense already going? So instead of complaining about whatever design compromises they were allegedly making for Xbox for what they are (simpler new skills, reduced trigger rates, etc) we could instead complain about them because they're for Xbox? Is there anything to gain that doesn't come back to "I wouldn't have spent money on PoE if I wasn't living in the dream world that PoE wasn't trying to make a profit"?
~
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 02:29:35
January 20 2017 01:45 GMT
#23474
On January 20 2017 10:04 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2017 09:52 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
On January 20 2017 09:31 Lachrymose wrote:
That's not the tone of the message your were posting in support of.

"What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that since over a year [some of] every dollar spent went to a project at least I would have never supported."

This is very clearly espousing the idea I was arguing against.

This "teehee, not technically my money" "teehee, not technically my position, just the one you were arguing against that I started supporting, gotcha!" nonsense is ridiculous.

Yes, I'm talking in general about the thing I've been arguing against from the start that people here and elsewhere are expressing, I don't care about you as an individual in particular.


This isn't a gotcha. I am talking about developer expectations. I don't even disagree with you that what GGG was ethical. What they did was not 'wrong.' I'm saying that people expected better because of their past interaction with the developer. Evo has already stated that his statement was hyperbolic so there's not really much to argue with. I never intended to take up that position and you assuming it and then repeating the same points over and over again is not productive.

It's only hyperbolic in that he meant 'some of' not 'all'. It's not meaningfully different for my argument and I cited the correction from the beginning..

Your expectations of 'better' are unfair and unreasonable. There's no reason to expect they could or should disclose more than they did when they said they were looking into porting it back in 2014.

Why would they do that? So we could have this "they stole PC money to pay for Xbox!" nonsense already going? So instead of complaining about whatever design compromises they were allegedly making for Xbox for what they are (simpler new skills, reduced trigger rates, etc) we could instead complain about them because they're for Xbox? Is there anything to gain that doesn't come back to "I wouldn't have spent money on PoE if I wasn't living in the dream world that PoE wasn't trying to make a profit"?


People expected PoE to be profitable and be kept up to date on what the company has been working on as was happening for the past forever. You say that my expectations are unfair and unreasonable, but why would I expect the company that has shared everything about their game development for the past four or five years with the community to stop doing so and announce a project that clearly was not received well and presumably wasn't shared because they knew it wouldn't be? I think the shit storm that has developed from this clearly indicates that my expectations are at least common. That they're unfair or unreasonable from a rational standpoint is irrelevant.

Yes, people would absolutely still disagree with them because consoles have historically been terrible for PC gaming. If Chris told me that they thought developing a console version of Path of Exile a year ago when they actually started I'd absolutely be disappointed, but his tidbit about how it isn't going to effect PC development might have some credibility. At this stage it has none and of course people are going to look back at design decisions and question whether they only happened because of consoles. That's what happens when you betray people; they second guess every decision you've made because you can't be trusted.

This is the emotional angle that I've been trying to lead you to.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 22:49:29
January 20 2017 22:47 GMT
#23475
Sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to know if I'm missing something here.

Trying to figure out if I should craft suffix and slam this in BSC:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Only reason I'm considering it is that even hitting T5 ES% still allows to craft a 2nd resist and not brick it.

Hitting T1 ES% puts it at 920-960ES, which should be worth anywhere from 50 to 100ex (With exalts around 48chaos currently). Problem is, bricking it costs somewhere around 4-5ex because it could be sold for ~400chaos as is, and is back to scour/alchs otherwise (~220c for an ilvl84 6L).

Market looks like this from what I figured (but hard to tell with this kind of gear, also I would probably use it anyway):
+ Show Spoiler +
T1 = 60-80Ex
T2 = 30-40ex
T3 = 18-24ex
T4 = 14-18ex
T5 = 10-13ex
T6 = 5-7ex
As is = 8ex
Brick = 4.5ex

With these numbers, I get a small loss on average by slamming, which is pretty disappointing but might still be worth doing for science. Also, I didn't check if exalting for suffix is worth it, but I doubt it.

Advice?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
January 20 2017 22:53 GMT
#23476
It's pretty unlikely that it will hit ES, and more unlikely that it will hit ES that is as high or higher than 68%, but it sure would be nice right.

Assuming you are using it, I'd only slam if you can buy another 750 es 50 int chest if you get say thorns. If it's purely for $ then it depends if you want to be gambling your 9 ex (8 for current plus 1 for the roll) at this point in the league. I probably would be gambling but depends on ur situation and goals.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-20 23:57:51
January 20 2017 23:03 GMT
#23477
I already have a 750ES double res chest, so it's more of a value and gambling thing.
Edit: It's worth over 9ex, which makes bricking hurt that much more.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 20 2017 23:28 GMT
#23478
Good luck if you choose to try it.

I just checked my standard stash for old race rewards. Demigod's stride is at 140ex in standard lol. Only got one tho, Goratha/Throzz and occasionally Helmann always owned me as I raced with Marauder. Not that I need currency on standard as I'm playing leagues only... I'm sort of missing races though, too bad GGG dumped them.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-21 08:03:33
January 21 2017 00:20 GMT
#23479
I miss races too. I didn't know they were totally out. Isn't there a race week or two between leagues sometimes?

Also, not gonna slam the regalia, it's worth almost 10ex, so it hurts too much to brick.
But in the meantime, I got double T1 ES% and hybrid, and slam->bricked it to satisfy my hunger.
Edit: Sold it for 10ex. And 3alch/scour into the new one:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Any way to know what the ES% rolls are? Could be worth a divine with the low Flat ES...
Edit2: Did the math, on average the % will go down, mainly due to T1 hybrid hitting the high end of T3 ES%, and the other rolls being mostly neutral.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 21 2017 10:08 GMT
#23480
I'm pretty sure I remember GGG saying that race seasons are not gonna happen anymore, but they said race marathon weekends like it happened 3? months ago would be a possibility. Between leagues there usually is just a one week or two week or one month league, which of course could be seen as a race.
Prev 1 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1088
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 221
Rex125
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1783
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee188
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur640
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 8m
The PondCast
20h 8m
INu's Battles
21h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.