• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

Path of Exile - Page 1170

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-14 10:53:44
January 14 2017 10:52 GMT
#23381
I got a question about armor. I am using Iron Reflexes. With 2 flasks up (Jade and Witchfire Brew) my armor goes up to 28k. I am using a Grace aura. Now if I remove Iron reflexes I can free up 4 points (that I can get two jeweler slots with :D).
That would leave me with lots of evasion now and I can use Witchfire Brew and Basalt flask instead. I am not sure if that would give me similar amount of protections. I would not also be vulnerable to map mods with enemies having better accuracy.
Also without Iron Reflexes, my base armor is basically non existent.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 14 2017 15:55 GMT
#23382
Well non existant base armor won't be so good. I guess if you have 14k armour and 14k evasion it'd probably feel and be better than 28k armour.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-14 18:36:19
January 14 2017 18:31 GMT
#23383
On January 14 2017 19:52 -Archangel- wrote:
I got a question about armor. I am using Iron Reflexes. With 2 flasks up (Jade and Witchfire Brew) my armor goes up to 28k. I am using a Grace aura. Now if I remove Iron reflexes I can free up 4 points (that I can get two jeweler slots with :D).
That would leave me with lots of evasion now and I can use Witchfire Brew and Basalt flask instead. I am not sure if that would give me similar amount of protections. I would not also be vulnerable to map mods with enemies having better accuracy.
Also without Iron Reflexes, my base armor is basically non existent.

How much HP do you have? Are you life or ES? What skill do you use?

Also I just bought a presence of chayula for my LL ED build and holy shit this item is ridiculously OP. It gives me about 1200 extra ES on top of the 60% chaos res which is amazing and the of course stun immunity. If you're any form of hybrid, get it!
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
January 14 2017 22:58 GMT
#23384
I am now in act 2 cruel HC with 950 health and 1750 ES as well as 21% chance to evade and max elemental res. The last few breaches were basically always almost death. I have no idea how to deal with them, my damage is okay but not instant screen clearing, if it's an open area the sustained damage is just too high. Should i simply ignore the breaches or am i doing something horribly wrong? I am always trying to move out of the elemental stuff of the rare mobs but that doesn't seem to be the only problem. It's just too many of them at once.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 14 2017 23:21 GMT
#23385
Levelling up as es in cruel is incredibly dangerous, any form of rapid attack will most likely get you killed. I would avoid any and all breaches, and overlevel zones if thats what you are goign to do.

Be extremely wary in the lunaris temple level 2, the miscreations will likely kill you.
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-14 23:48:46
January 14 2017 23:32 GMT
#23386
That sounds a lot like my life But what is the alternative, i can't afford to respec 40 points or something like that and switch over to ES when i feel like i can manage to survive. On another note, is there a way to know you are ready for CI? At the moment, chaos damage will likely kill me in the near future, but switching now is not an option either, cause without life, everything else will definately kill me. Oh well, let's see if i manage to reach 60 :D

And i did not reach lvl 60, i was killed by...maliaro. 20 minutes after i wrote the above. Fuckfuckfuckfuck iurfhgighuodeghurehguie97rtzu4hgrut5ehjorshjnoho921
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-15 00:15:47
January 15 2017 00:15 GMT
#23387
Avoid breaches in Cruel, especially if you cannot kill the screen immediately. I'd even avoid them in merciless until when you feel very strong. That is, if one plays HC like you.

Also... RIP
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
January 15 2017 00:17 GMT
#23388
His traps do chaos damage so that is one of the easiest ways to die I'd imagine.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 15 2017 00:32 GMT
#23389
On January 15 2017 03:31 solidbebe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2017 19:52 -Archangel- wrote:
I got a question about armor. I am using Iron Reflexes. With 2 flasks up (Jade and Witchfire Brew) my armor goes up to 28k. I am using a Grace aura. Now if I remove Iron reflexes I can free up 4 points (that I can get two jeweler slots with :D).
That would leave me with lots of evasion now and I can use Witchfire Brew and Basalt flask instead. I am not sure if that would give me similar amount of protections. I would not also be vulnerable to map mods with enemies having better accuracy.
Also without Iron Reflexes, my base armor is basically non existent.

How much HP do you have? Are you life or ES? What skill do you use?

Also I just bought a presence of chayula for my LL ED build and holy shit this item is ridiculously OP. It gives me about 1200 extra ES on top of the 60% chaos res which is amazing and the of course stun immunity. If you're any form of hybrid, get it!

I got around 5300 hp. I use BF as a Berserker.
I read wiki a bit about armor and seems to get 30% damage reduction you need armor value of 5x the damage you receive. So I can reduce up to 5600 damage by at least 30%. Now the question is whose hits do physical damage that is over 5600 and how often? 10% better physical damage reduction over Basalt Flask is probably acceptable for a 4 point trade off (and it will get better as my Grace aura levels a bit more).
I just cannot know how often this armor will actually protect me and how often it will be useless.
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
January 15 2017 01:20 GMT
#23390
u can have 999999999999 armor and get oneshot by a random spell. useless all right.
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-15 01:35:29
January 15 2017 01:34 GMT
#23391
On January 15 2017 08:32 Broetchenholer wrote:
That sounds a lot like my life But what is the alternative, i can't afford to respec 40 points or something like that and switch over to ES when i feel like i can manage to survive. On another note, is there a way to know you are ready for CI? At the moment, chaos damage will likely kill me in the near future, but switching now is not an option either, cause without life, everything else will definately kill me. Oh well, let's see if i manage to reach 60 :D

And i did not reach lvl 60, i was killed by...maliaro. 20 minutes after i wrote the above. Fuckfuckfuckfuck iurfhgighuodeghurehguie97rtzu4hgrut5ehjorshjnoho921


RIP.

I level as life based and respec to CI at around lvl 68. Witch/Templar shouldn't have too much trouble doing this. With shadow it's imo harder due to lack of suitable life nodes that are close to my main paths. You get something like 23(?) Respec Points from quests. I usually have to respec something like 30-35 points once I go CI. The rest is easily covered by regret orbs you find while leveling (or converted chance/scours). Once yo go CI you want to equip a decent ES chest. The most common base here are Vaal Regalias which require level 68.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 15 2017 02:06 GMT
#23392
On January 15 2017 10:20 Probemicro wrote:
u can have 999999999999 armor and get oneshot by a random spell. useless all right.

And you can as Evasion user. But most enemies use physical attacks.
Basalt flask also only protects vs physical damage (including spells) but I only ever seen Rogue Exiles using EK vs us (well and those monsters using BV but those are pathetic.
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
January 15 2017 02:20 GMT
#23393
On January 15 2017 11:06 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2017 10:20 Probemicro wrote:
u can have 999999999999 armor and get oneshot by a random spell. useless all right.

And you can as Evasion user. But most enemies use physical attacks.
Basalt flask also only protects vs physical damage (including spells) but I only ever seen Rogue Exiles using EK vs us (well and those monsters using BV but those are pathetic.


Evangelists in Scepter of God do physical damge spells. Those hurt a ton in high level maps. Can you grab any endurance charges? Basalt + Endurance Charges is a really strong combination since it's honest %-damage reduction unlike armor. I think this also stacks additively with armor, but I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics here.

All my melee builds in the last 3-4 leagues pretty much only ran Endurance Charges (granted usually 7 once I hit high level maps) + Basalt and I was doing fine with leech from blood rage.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 15 2017 03:34 GMT
#23394
On January 13 2017 22:57 vndestiny wrote:
What's the number of %increased life & es should I aim for in a hybrid EB/MOM build ? I've never done a hybrid build before so kinda blurry here.

can look at my hybrid SRS guy if you want: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/echelontee/characters?charactername=echelontl

with discipline I think I had around 5khp and 2k ES. I got 2shot (bear trap + caustic arrow vs boss) in a 1dmg mod T8 arena map so I do not recommend building my way lol, I guess you want something more like 6.5khp 2.5k ES, or have some other defensive mechanics like blasphemy enfeeble, but the investment to make such things work could just see you going ES instead.

you also basically need stone golem and ZO which is annoying, an alternative is using the ZO flask but I hated that play style.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 15 2017 22:30 GMT
#23395
On January 15 2017 11:20 incinerate_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2017 11:06 -Archangel- wrote:
On January 15 2017 10:20 Probemicro wrote:
u can have 999999999999 armor and get oneshot by a random spell. useless all right.

And you can as Evasion user. But most enemies use physical attacks.
Basalt flask also only protects vs physical damage (including spells) but I only ever seen Rogue Exiles using EK vs us (well and those monsters using BV but those are pathetic.


Evangelists in Scepter of God do physical damge spells. Those hurt a ton in high level maps. Can you grab any endurance charges? Basalt + Endurance Charges is a really strong combination since it's honest %-damage reduction unlike armor. I think this also stacks additively with armor, but I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics here.

All my melee builds in the last 3-4 leagues pretty much only ran Endurance Charges (granted usually 7 once I hit high level maps) + Basalt and I was doing fine with leech from blood rage.

There is another option. Since most of my gear is evasion (using Cospri's) I can respec from Iron Will into Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics and use Basalt instead of Jade for damage reduction.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
January 16 2017 00:18 GMT
#23396
I just realize with the change in weapon range, unarmed builds are literally Ancestral Warchief or trash now. Damn shame :|
Faeny
Profile Joined January 2015
647 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-16 01:13:45
January 16 2017 01:06 GMT
#23397
They can bring back the +4 unarmed range jewel from the beta.

Does the +range make much of a difference for single target melee skills? I haven't played any of those in ages.
SKT hwaiting! RIP TL, TiP
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 16 2017 04:53 GMT
#23398
does anyone know how to make it so PoE offline skil tree / Path of Building won't wipe my old builds when a new patch/update comes out? it happened the last 2 patches and I cant find a way to keep old builds even iff they are incompatabile
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 16 2017 07:55 GMT
#23399
On January 16 2017 13:53 EchelonTee wrote:
does anyone know how to make it so PoE offline skil tree / Path of Building won't wipe my old builds when a new patch/update comes out? it happened the last 2 patches and I cant find a way to keep old builds even iff they are incompatabile

I use Poeplanner and take links of builds and keep them all in google documents
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
January 16 2017 10:35 GMT
#23400
does poeplanner save items and skill gems? those are the ones that would be rly nice to keep
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Prev 1 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 607
ProTech139
UpATreeSC 121
JuggernautJason54
MindelVK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29897
Calm 2918
Shuttle 759
firebathero 155
Mini 144
Dewaltoss 121
soO 34
Hyun 29
HiyA 28
Aegong 20
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
Bale 19
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8289
XaKoH 341
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1599
fl0m1555
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu612
Other Games
FrodaN2959
B2W.Neo604
Beastyqt584
mouzStarbuck423
Livibee184
ToD153
C9.Mang0134
KnowMe131
RotterdaM98
Trikslyr88
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• BSLYoutube
• niya90s 0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur651
• WagamamaTV238
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 8m
Replay Cast
3h 53m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.