• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:07
CEST 01:07
KST 08:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9702 users

Path of Exile - Page 1169

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 12 2017 12:47 GMT
#23361
Why would you want to play a boring build like EQ in the middle of a league. Builds like that one are for early league currency collection.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-12 13:03:49
January 12 2017 12:58 GMT
#23362
On January 12 2017 21:47 -Archangel- wrote:
Why would you want to play a boring build like EQ in the middle of a league. Builds like that one are for early league currency collection.

Well not now, I'm just preping ideas/options for next league. I'm done with Breach and gave away my stuff like, 2 weeks ago hah.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
January 12 2017 13:26 GMT
#23363
Well as for your question... It depends on if GGG has removed the OP double dipping of Poison/Ignite/Bleed next league. IIRC they were gonna fix it for 3.0, but now there's a league before that... who knows. Also HoWA will probably be really expensive next league, inb4 it'll be so rare that its price will be like Skyforth.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 12 2017 14:21 GMT
#23364
I don't know if I will be playing next league, I been playing PoE non stop since start of Essence, I need a rest. And some cool games like new Torment are coming out near end of this league.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 12 2017 14:52 GMT
#23365
On January 12 2017 21:47 -Archangel- wrote:
Why would you want to play a boring build like EQ in the middle of a league. Builds like that one are for early league currency collection.

Dunno. Probably a strange question but out of interest: what are even non-boring builds?
Since I am pretty much noob (and dont do much of trading) I have only looked into cheapish/easy to play builds that are mostly used at the start of leagues. I guess most of those would be considered to be fairly boring
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
January 12 2017 23:52 GMT
#23366
I've stocked up on 20 howas now in preparation of them being unavailable
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 03:08:08
January 13 2017 02:51 GMT
#23367
On January 12 2017 03:28 Frolossus wrote:
anyone know of good up to date guides for essence drain occultist?


There's a guide for Shadow by ProjectPT www.pathofexile.com which also discusses alternatives such as Occultist. There's also this guide www.pathofexile.com which is for 2.4 and still a great source of information. Can also second his opinion that while leveling with ED is certainly possible Firestorm/Flameblast is much smoother.

There's a couple of major decisions to be made: CI/Low Life/Life based. Personally I went CI and picked up Zealot's Oath. Sitting at 13.7k ES with a defensive tree and shitty gear at lvl 90.
If you go life I'd strongly consider a Cospri's Chest. But with the new curse effectiveness map mods on maps I'm not so sure how good that route is.

Another question is whether to pick Profane Bloom or not. Exploding enemies won't spread contagion and may therefore occasionally slow down your clear speed. Personally, I think that the damage boost is well worth it (although it's sometimes really annoying for trash clear). Playing with Pierce Support helps but doesn't solve the problem completely.

Finally, for single target I'd either recommend Consuming Dark for Poison (or via Cospri's if you're life based) or you can try and get an essence crafted decay weapon (most damage is a +1 Bow but those are super rare in BHC at least). This should definitely beat a Consuming Dark but is way more expensive. Neither is strictly necessary for early mapping but a CD is pretty cheap this league and it really helps killing bosses.
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
January 13 2017 07:25 GMT
#23368
On January 12 2017 20:59 vndestiny wrote:
How's the single target dmg of a generic 2h earthquake Slayer using a 6L almost bis weapon (e.g. Disfavour) compared to other common builds like Flameblast totem/HOWA raider/ED/Ngamahu/CI assassin bf etc... ?

Better single target than pizza totems and ed but obv very different playstyle. Dunno if u can compete with the other builds even if u scale it with poison (cospris will etc). Reminder that ngamahu and howa might be unavailabe next league depending on how they implement it
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 13 2017 08:20 GMT
#23369
On January 12 2017 23:52 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2017 21:47 -Archangel- wrote:
Why would you want to play a boring build like EQ in the middle of a league. Builds like that one are for early league currency collection.

Dunno. Probably a strange question but out of interest: what are even non-boring builds?
Since I am pretty much noob (and dont do much of trading) I have only looked into cheapish/easy to play builds that are mostly used at the start of leagues. I guess most of those would be considered to be fairly boring

There are many many non boring builds, they usually need special equipment to work. Check out build of the week series to see many of those although many of those have been nerfed or destroyed in the meantime :D
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 08:45:43
January 13 2017 08:45 GMT
#23370
It really depends on your definition of boring. I have seen many people write that Blade Vortex is boring but it has consistently been one of my favorite skills. Then again, I really enjoyed playing old school ground slam (no spikes just shitty red vein on the ground) so my standards are prty low.

I suppose most consider "fun" builds to be either really fast speed clear builds (Mathil builds, CoC stuff, etc), or stuff with funny/crazy interactions (wormblaster RIP)

skipping next league seems like a good idea to prep for 3.0. I'm almost definitely going to play anyways but probably just for challenges
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 09:09:24
January 13 2017 09:03 GMT
#23371
Gambled a few Vaal Regalias and hit some good ones. Definitely an upgrade, but nothing gamebreaking. Thx everyone for the help =)

Got a 50int, 20% cold res ~720ES, apparently worth ~440c.
Got a ~710ES ~40% resist, crafted int, sold it for 360c iirc.
And the one I'm using:+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Spent ~750c on the 6L regalias, crafted for about 2k alts, ~70 regals/scours, and ~150c total iirc.

Plenty of cheaper 6L ilvl 84 regalias pop up, but there are a lot of ppl instantly buying and relisting them for ~300c.

I'm thinking the Alt/Regal way is not worth it, but I might underestimate how much hitting the jackpot is worth.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 13 2017 09:18 GMT
#23372
Let me ask this if anyone knows.
Does http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bated_Breath
mod "50% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate" work with Zealot's Oath regeneration of ES or is it only for normal ES recharge?
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
January 13 2017 09:37 GMT
#23373
On January 13 2017 18:18 -Archangel- wrote:
Let me ask this if anyone knows.
Does http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bated_Breath
mod "50% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate" work with Zealot's Oath regeneration of ES or is it only for normal ES recharge?


Regen is regen.
Recharge is recharge.

They're both 'recovery' but they're not each other.
~
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 13 2017 09:47 GMT
#23374
On January 13 2017 17:20 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2017 23:52 disformation wrote:
On January 12 2017 21:47 -Archangel- wrote:
Why would you want to play a boring build like EQ in the middle of a league. Builds like that one are for early league currency collection.

Dunno. Probably a strange question but out of interest: what are even non-boring builds?
Since I am pretty much noob (and dont do much of trading) I have only looked into cheapish/easy to play builds that are mostly used at the start of leagues. I guess most of those would be considered to be fairly boring

There are many many non boring builds, they usually need special equipment to work. Check out build of the week series to see many of those although many of those have been nerfed or destroyed in the meantime :D

Cool will check that out. Since I was only looking for beginner/league starter builds I mostly skipped builds/guides that were like "you need following 3 uniques for this to actually work".

Also tried uber lab first time yesterday. Actually went way better than I was expecting it to go right until 3rd Izaro one shot me. =D
Thought I was outside the 20% more dmg trap things radius. Apparently not.
Might be a bit low on ES still, got 8.9k.
Also not trying to farm him or get all the keys possible, just want to kill him for the points and getting that challenge done.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
January 13 2017 09:56 GMT
#23375
He one shot you with 8.9k ES?! If he wasn't buffed he should not be able to do that. Maybe your ES was not at max?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 10:24:21
January 13 2017 10:22 GMT
#23376
On January 13 2017 18:56 -Archangel- wrote:
He one shot you with 8.9k ES?! If he wasn't buffed he should not be able to do that. Maybe your ES was not at max?

I kinda messed up on the first mechanic. He had the Frost Conduit buff. Also as I said I might have been in the radius of that 20% more received damage trap thing. Thought I was not, but since he one shot me I think I was. xD
I think I was at max, but I was also a bit tired.

Will probably just try again on the weekend. Should be doable if I don't screw up the mechanics and be more careful with that trap thing I guess.

edit: sentinel trap of endless pain apparently is the name for those.

sentinel traps are kinda annoying to deal with with pizza sticks at least for me.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 10:33:01
January 13 2017 10:31 GMT
#23377
With 12k ES + Fortify I managed to do Izaro yesterday fairly well, with full Conduit + Charges, which apparently is one of the worst combos. Helps that he died really quickly, of course. Was a shit lab regardless, so I didn't farm it.
vndestiny
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore3473 Posts
January 13 2017 13:57 GMT
#23378
What's the number of %increased life & es should I aim for in a hybrid EB/MOM build ? I've never done a hybrid build before so kinda blurry here.
Faeny
Profile Joined January 2015
647 Posts
January 14 2017 01:52 GMT
#23379
Is EB/MoM even good now? Seems like a lot of investment for at most, a 1.4x effective multiplier on your maximum life, and if you're getting ES gear anyways for EB...
SKT hwaiting! RIP TL, TiP
doubleupgradeobbies!
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia1354 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-14 06:31:35
January 14 2017 06:30 GMT
#23380
On January 14 2017 10:52 Faeny wrote:
Is EB/MoM even good now? Seems like a lot of investment for at most, a 1.4x effective multiplier on your maximum life, and if you're getting ES gear anyways for EB...


You don't need as much ES as a proper ES build, but compared to actual ES builds they arn't as good. But that's par for the course, everything sucks compared to a full ES build. A high eHP pool is just the best defence atm, and ES is hands down the best way to get that.
MSL, 2003-2011, RIP. OSL, 2000-2012, RIP. Proleague, 2003-2012, RIP. And then there was none... Even good things must come to an end.
Prev 1 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings9
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 148
ProTech129
ViBE109
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14418
Artosis 516
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
canceldota150
NeuroSwarm115
League of Legends
Doublelift3560
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1513
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe50
PPMD37
Other Games
summit1g5795
FrodaN1059
shahzam475
C9.Mang0389
Day[9].tv74
Mew2King25
Maynarde23
fpsfer 0
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• RyuSc2 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1153
• Shiphtur637
• Day9tv74
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.