• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:01
CEST 18:01
KST 01:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7175 users

Path of Exile - Page 1114

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
clusen
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany8702 Posts
September 14 2016 15:03 GMT
#22261
On September 14 2016 23:50 ticklishmusic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 23:20 HolydaKing wrote:
I'm playing around with Kitava's Thirst and it's really fun. My Ice Nova costs just over 100 mana and I'm currently using Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Vortex and Freezing Pulse in Kitava's. It's probably not much if any better than before but it allows me to use Ice Nova against bosses fairly well, which is nice. Also don't need to cast Frost Bomb anymore which I often forgot and given I use Vaal Lightning Trap it's one action less to worry about.


How does that interact with the BM gem?

There was a quad curse BV build that used it, seemed cool.

Are you sure it wasn't using Apep's Rage to get the manacost?
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 14 2016 15:26 GMT
#22262
On September 15 2016 00:03 clusen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 23:50 ticklishmusic wrote:
On September 14 2016 23:20 HolydaKing wrote:
I'm playing around with Kitava's Thirst and it's really fun. My Ice Nova costs just over 100 mana and I'm currently using Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Vortex and Freezing Pulse in Kitava's. It's probably not much if any better than before but it allows me to use Ice Nova against bosses fairly well, which is nice. Also don't need to cast Frost Bomb anymore which I often forgot and given I use Vaal Lightning Trap it's one action less to worry about.


How does that interact with the BM gem?

There was a quad curse BV build that used it, seemed cool.

Are you sure it wasn't using Apep's Rage to get the manacost?


Two separate questions, sorry. The one about using BM to increase mana cost was meant to be separate.

I forget what the build was. I just remeber tossing all the curses in Kitava's and using BV. Don't recall Apep's, though maybe something about voidbringer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 15:34:36
September 14 2016 15:33 GMT
#22263
They even changed the wording to clarify that using BM doesn't work. You have to spend mana, which you don't with Bloodmagic.

There's also a jewel that doubles mana cost btw.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 15:50:46
September 14 2016 15:47 GMT
#22264
On September 14 2016 23:51 HolydaKing wrote:
Using PCoC but not Increased Critical Strike Chance looks like a bad idea. So do #2 but depending on the crit chance either dmg or crit chance gem, the later is extremely strong nowadays imo.

You can also get power charges with CWDT + PCoC + Blade Vortex (+Crit Chance) fairly well once you are close to enemies, but you likely rarely are so it's probably no big help.

I have done the math, having all 5 PCs on gives me more total Crit Chance than using Increased Critical Chance gem so since I can only use one in 5L I chose PCoC to make sure I can easily generate PCs. Base crit chance for my Windripper is 8.8% which works better with 250% bonus to crit that 1.9% bonus to base and 100% bonus (that is at lvl 20). With 5 PC on I got about 70% crit chance.

If I can find another good way to generate PCs I would switch that with Increased Critical Damage so that high crit chance gives me a good damage boost. That is why I was thinking using Assassin's Mark and my Victario's Acuity but wanted to keep generating Frenzy Charges as well so Blood Rage is only other option (I could also use Frenzy but I would need to switch between that and Elemental Hit all the time which is irritating).

EDIT: Bad part about this switch is that I will only get PCs on kill and vs map bosses with no adds I will lose them all.

As for using CastWhenDT with BV, well my character wants to get hit as little as possible being a squishy Evasion/Acrobatics character. Also Deadeye part of my Scion Ascendancy gives me a damage boost when I am far away from enemies. Even if I switch BV with lets say Ice Spear+GMP I still don't want to get hit often enough that this actually generates PCs often enough.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 16:09:42
September 14 2016 15:59 GMT
#22265
On September 15 2016 00:47 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 23:51 HolydaKing wrote:
Using PCoC but not Increased Critical Strike Chance looks like a bad idea. So do #2 but depending on the crit chance either dmg or crit chance gem, the later is extremely strong nowadays imo.

You can also get power charges with CWDT + PCoC + Blade Vortex (+Crit Chance) fairly well once you are close to enemies, but you likely rarely are so it's probably no big help.

I have done the math, having all 5 PCs on gives me more total Crit Chance than using Increased Critical Chance gem so since I can only use one in 5L I chose PCoC to make sure I can easily generate PCs. Base crit chance for my Windripper is 8.8% which works better with 250% bonus to crit that 1.9% bonus to base and 100% bonus (that is at lvl 20). With 5 PC on I got about 70% crit chance.

If I can find another good way to generate PCs I would switch that with Increased Critical Damage so that high crit chance gives me a good damage boost. That is why I was thinking using Assassin's Mark and my Victario's Acuity but wanted to keep generating Frenzy Charges as well so Blood Rage is only other option (I could also use Frenzy but I would need to switch between that and Elemental Hit all the time which is irritating).

As for using CastWhenDT with BV, well my character wants to get hit as little as possible being a squishy Evasion/Acrobatics character. Also Deadeye part of my Scion Ascendancy gives me a damage boost when I am far away from enemies.

* PCoC doesn't belong in your main link. You can use it e.g. in a 2nd Frenzy / GMP / PCoC / Inc Crit setup or something akin to Frenzy GMP CoH Curse PCoC if you want to be really lazy and a bit wasteful with a 5L.
* Right now your 2nd 5L (Blink Arrow+Faster Att+Ice Golem+Blind+Improved Minion Life) is completely wasted.
* Your Life on tree is way too low. 150% is the utter bare minimum I'd recommend for SC.
* EV/Acro does not imply a squishy character, in a nutshell it (esp Acro) gives you the most mitigation you can get for a very small investment, you do need to back it up with HP pool though.
* Drop Essence Sap wheel for a 0.4% Mana/Life node in the Vitality Void wheel. Mayyyybe get another 0.4% node if you really, really need it but odds are you won't.
* Lethality Wheel you want to go via the right since Crit Multi is your biggest damage boost.
* Survivalist Wheel should be dropped asap, connect via Nullification/Sniper area instead.
* The Power Charge on the right is a complete waste. Even if you take the jewel socket it's 3 points for 50% crit compared to e.g. 100% crit for three points from the King of the Hill Wheel.

e: Something akin to this:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAOWBbV1yw-rEYEUdcDjFr8FLSPTI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpbMHzqYjWSOdQ7KDxLQzaE2etjSshNkk3jTipRR1LsVEdVS1b6WBdaUluvS1dfsGBDYeJirEd-Y6fyRWyMbj1uqm8nb542PXBSOuHNmHfXefZ7bnvDfyuDCYTFhweNfonTjDaNfY2_8bN07ZchmmqbXZu1eu-dqqCfoj6mV6a-qJqrurTFtfLawb6Ahs7BfMLswzpDMSF2ykrUIzH6dvfYvb023UbnVPKXZU2-p_4Kj2D-j0z__97BMxEvKgtd8isKAx4fQQ==


True Strike is another of those clusters that aren't crazy efficient, same for Berserking and Graceful Assault (use Silver flask instead). After the above (7pts more than what you're at but the idea should be clear) you want to push for Frenzy charges most likely. Odds are also you need to drop something somewhere for an Accuracy wheel unless your gear is pretty gud.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 14 2016 17:01 GMT
#22266
On September 15 2016 00:59 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2016 00:47 -Archangel- wrote:
On September 14 2016 23:51 HolydaKing wrote:
Using PCoC but not Increased Critical Strike Chance looks like a bad idea. So do #2 but depending on the crit chance either dmg or crit chance gem, the later is extremely strong nowadays imo.

You can also get power charges with CWDT + PCoC + Blade Vortex (+Crit Chance) fairly well once you are close to enemies, but you likely rarely are so it's probably no big help.

I have done the math, having all 5 PCs on gives me more total Crit Chance than using Increased Critical Chance gem so since I can only use one in 5L I chose PCoC to make sure I can easily generate PCs. Base crit chance for my Windripper is 8.8% which works better with 250% bonus to crit that 1.9% bonus to base and 100% bonus (that is at lvl 20). With 5 PC on I got about 70% crit chance.

If I can find another good way to generate PCs I would switch that with Increased Critical Damage so that high crit chance gives me a good damage boost. That is why I was thinking using Assassin's Mark and my Victario's Acuity but wanted to keep generating Frenzy Charges as well so Blood Rage is only other option (I could also use Frenzy but I would need to switch between that and Elemental Hit all the time which is irritating).

As for using CastWhenDT with BV, well my character wants to get hit as little as possible being a squishy Evasion/Acrobatics character. Also Deadeye part of my Scion Ascendancy gives me a damage boost when I am far away from enemies.

* PCoC doesn't belong in your main link. You can use it e.g. in a 2nd Frenzy / GMP / PCoC / Inc Crit setup or something akin to Frenzy GMP CoH Curse PCoC if you want to be really lazy and a bit wasteful with a 5L.
* Right now your 2nd 5L (Blink Arrow+Faster Att+Ice Golem+Blind+Improved Minion Life) is completely wasted.
* Your Life on tree is way too low. 150% is the utter bare minimum I'd recommend for SC.
* EV/Acro does not imply a squishy character, in a nutshell it (esp Acro) gives you the most mitigation you can get for a very small investment, you do need to back it up with HP pool though.
* Drop Essence Sap wheel for a 0.4% Mana/Life node in the Vitality Void wheel. Mayyyybe get another 0.4% node if you really, really need it but odds are you won't.
* Lethality Wheel you poeplanner.comwant to go via the right since Crit Multi is your biggest damage boost.
* Survivalist Wheel should be dropped asap, connect via Nullification/Sniper area instead.
* The Power Charge on the right is a complete waste. Even if you take the jewel socket it's 3 points for 50% crit compared to e.g. 100% crit for three points from the King of the Hill Wheel.

e: Something akin to this:
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAOWBbV1yw-rEYEUdcDjFr8FLSPTI_YkiyT9JpUqOCpbMHzqYjWSOdQ7KDxLQzaE2etjSshNkk3jTipRR1LsVEdVS1b6WBdaUluvS1dfsGBDYeJirEd-Y6fyRWyMbj1uqm8nb542PXBSOuHNmHfXefZ7bnvDfyuDCYTFhweNfonTjDaNfY2_8bN07ZchmmqbXZu1eu-dqqCfoj6mV6a-qJqrurTFtfLawb6Ahs7BfMLswzpDMSF2ykrUIzH6dvfYvb023UbnVPKXZU2-p_4Kj2D-j0z__97BMxEvKgtd8isKAx4fQQ==


True Strike is another of those clusters that aren't crazy efficient, same for Berserking and Graceful Assault (use Silver flask instead). After the above (7pts more than what you're at but the idea should be clear) you want to push for Frenzy charges most likely. Odds are also you need to drop something somewhere for an Accuracy wheel unless your gear is pretty gud.

How about this instead?
+ Show Spoiler +
poeplanner.com
- this means I would need to buy lots of regrets because I already did and redid my tree multiple times as I level up and got advice :D

*So to use Frenzy with PCoC That means I will need to switch between that and Ele Hit all the time and watch my PC 10s timer all the time so to keep it topped up (it is main reason why I went for additional PC so I can also get that additional 2s of it lasting). I wanted to avoid that and just have Ele hit and Blink Arrow as active archery skills.
What is the lazy one, I don't understand from what you put there?
*So what should I replace that 5L with assuming I don't want to use Frenzy as another active skill?
*Essense Sap is just a leveling tool I was planning to drop it eventually :D
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 14 2016 17:56 GMT
#22267
Yeah that looks a lot cleaner as well. You want to move through Fury Bolts at Duelist in the long run and drop the Cloth & Chain nodes but it's fine if that takes a bit.

For Power Charges your pretty much only options are PCoC in a seperate setup (sure you can use it in your main skill but it will always be the spot where you're missing really easy damage otherwise) or something like Herald with Curse on Hit Assassins Mark. You can also do the latter and then still have a Frenzy/PCoC setup for bosses specifically.

What I meant as lazy version would be e.g. Frenzy, GMP, PCoC, Curse on Hit and then in your case Ele Weakness. Generates Frenzy+Power Charges and you'll feel better about using it from time to time since it also curses. =P

If you don't want to use Frenzy at all then you'll need a BBB 3L somewhere (Curse on Hit setup) and it gets awkward quickly for bows. Technically Blast Rain is a thing for singletarget but I'm not sure if you actually feel the need for more singletarget and how it works with your setup, haven't used it in a while. Links would be something like Blast Rain, WED, Conc Effect, Inc Crit, Faster Attacks.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 18:30:09
September 14 2016 18:26 GMT
#22268
In this league single target damage might be more important than ever before. Without even looking at the tough new bosses, rares mobs with 2+ Essences often survive more than map bosses... Except for the higher tier ones maybe, but I also haven't seen 4+ Essence mobs, they gotta be extremely tough.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 14 2016 18:33 GMT
#22269
On September 15 2016 03:26 HolydaKing wrote:
In this league single target damage might be more important than ever before. Without even looking at the tough new bosses, rares mobs with 2+ Essences often survive more than map bosses... Except for the higher tier ones maybe, but I also haven't seen 4+ Essence mobs, they gotta be extremely tough.


5 essence rare with regen and ele resist in an ele resist map. almost unkillable and surprisingly dangerous.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-14 19:50:35
September 14 2016 19:50 GMT
#22270
It's harder to kill a 4 essence life regen rare in Merciless than Merciless Malachai I think.

That said, some of the new bosses are WTF insane. I may be misled because I did the map without regen and with a damage mod, but the Quay boss was super tanky, dealt insane damage, and dropped absolutely shit all for loot. Never doing that map again if I can help it.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 14 2016 20:10 GMT
#22271
Same here, Quay boss is tanky, deals quite a lot of dmg and drops at most 2 rares. Killed him like 5 times now, not worth it.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 14 2016 20:11 GMT
#22272
I think essences make mobs slightly tankier than they should
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 14 2016 20:55 GMT
#22273
its ok, though the 4+ essence mobs are probably the tankiest season/special mobs that have been released.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 14 2016 22:12 GMT
#22274
Double-regen Beyond on the first day(s) was pretty fun.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-15 10:02:18
September 15 2016 10:00 GMT
#22275
On September 15 2016 02:56 r.Evo wrote:
Yeah that looks a lot cleaner as well. You want to move through Fury Bolts at Duelist in the long run and drop the Cloth & Chain nodes but it's fine if that takes a bit.

For Power Charges your pretty much only options are PCoC in a seperate setup (sure you can use it in your main skill but it will always be the spot where you're missing really easy damage otherwise) or something like Herald with Curse on Hit Assassins Mark. You can also do the latter and then still have a Frenzy/PCoC setup for bosses specifically.

What I meant as lazy version would be e.g. Frenzy, GMP, PCoC, Curse on Hit and then in your case Ele Weakness. Generates Frenzy+Power Charges and you'll feel better about using it from time to time since it also curses. =P

If you don't want to use Frenzy at all then you'll need a BBB 3L somewhere (Curse on Hit setup) and it gets awkward quickly for bows. Technically Blast Rain is a thing for singletarget but I'm not sure if you actually feel the need for more singletarget and how it works with your setup, haven't used it in a while. Links would be something like Blast Rain, WED, Conc Effect, Inc Crit, Faster Attacks.

OK, I took your advice and done this now:
6S5L: Ele Hit+Faster Attacks+Weap Ele Dam+LMP+Increased Critical Damage AND 1S Arctic Armor
5S5L: Frenzy+GMP+Increased Critical Chance+PCoC+Blind
4L: Blink Arrow+Faster Attacks+Improved Minion Life+Ice Golem
4L: Cast on Damage Taken+Ice Wall+Increased Duration+Vaal Grace
4S2L: Spell Totem+Elemental Weakness AND HoI AND HoT

My tooltip DPS with 5 PC and 3 FC on is 18 000. Probably much much more when adding base damage of Elemental Hit into the equation.

I changed the passive tree to be like my last link, got 3000 life now at lvl 77 and I still got gear slots I can improve with more life (and the ones I improved the goal was to trade for 50+ life, next round of upgrades is going to look for better rolls)

Getting used to using Frenzy all the time is going to painful now since I spent last 20-30 hours just using Blink and Ele Hit with Spell Totem for tougher resistant enemies. But it is the most efficient way of getting both charges maxed from 0.
I put Blind on Frenzy since I am sure to be using it in boss battles to top up my charges so I might as well Blind those bosses :D

Good news is that I am not going to have overlapping curses anymore. Bad news is that those curses gave me some more life, mana and hit chance/crit chance. If I will have problems surviving, I might switch my Ice Golem for Stone one.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-15 11:19:47
September 15 2016 11:17 GMT
#22276
Looks better, however Spell Totem + Ele Weakness sounds weird. I'd rather cast the curse myself then... not a good solution imo. Also 3k Life is still rather low, but if you play really careful you can probably be OK for most.

As for the guys saying Vortex is great yesterday and the day before, I assume Vortex works best non crit right? I saw a few builds on the forums. Crit builds were usually focusing on the initial dmg so they don't pick EE, while non crit builds mostly use Pyre and EE. Would need to respec if I wanted to try the later I guess.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-15 12:12:39
September 15 2016 12:11 GMT
#22277
On September 15 2016 19:00 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2016 02:56 r.Evo wrote:
Yeah that looks a lot cleaner as well. You want to move through Fury Bolts at Duelist in the long run and drop the Cloth & Chain nodes but it's fine if that takes a bit.

For Power Charges your pretty much only options are PCoC in a seperate setup (sure you can use it in your main skill but it will always be the spot where you're missing really easy damage otherwise) or something like Herald with Curse on Hit Assassins Mark. You can also do the latter and then still have a Frenzy/PCoC setup for bosses specifically.

What I meant as lazy version would be e.g. Frenzy, GMP, PCoC, Curse on Hit and then in your case Ele Weakness. Generates Frenzy+Power Charges and you'll feel better about using it from time to time since it also curses. =P

If you don't want to use Frenzy at all then you'll need a BBB 3L somewhere (Curse on Hit setup) and it gets awkward quickly for bows. Technically Blast Rain is a thing for singletarget but I'm not sure if you actually feel the need for more singletarget and how it works with your setup, haven't used it in a while. Links would be something like Blast Rain, WED, Conc Effect, Inc Crit, Faster Attacks.

OK, I took your advice and done this now:
6S5L: Ele Hit+Faster Attacks+Weap Ele Dam+LMP+Increased Critical Damage AND 1S Arctic Armor
5S5L: Frenzy+GMP+Increased Critical Chance+PCoC+Blind
4L: Blink Arrow+Faster Attacks+Improved Minion Life+Ice Golem
4L: Cast on Damage Taken+Ice Wall+Increased Duration+Vaal Grace
4S2L: Spell Totem+Elemental Weakness AND HoI AND HoT

My tooltip DPS with 5 PC and 3 FC on is 18 000. Probably much much more when adding base damage of Elemental Hit into the equation.

I changed the passive tree to be like my last link, got 3000 life now at lvl 77 and I still got gear slots I can improve with more life (and the ones I improved the goal was to trade for 50+ life, next round of upgrades is going to look for better rolls)

Getting used to using Frenzy all the time is going to painful now since I spent last 20-30 hours just using Blink and Ele Hit with Spell Totem for tougher resistant enemies. But it is the most efficient way of getting both charges maxed from 0.
I put Blind on Frenzy since I am sure to be using it in boss battles to top up my charges so I might as well Blind those bosses :D

Good news is that I am not going to have overlapping curses anymore. Bad news is that those curses gave me some more life, mana and hit chance/crit chance. If I will have problems surviving, I might switch my Ice Golem for Stone one.

Personally the way I recommend gearing is to buy the 4L parts with 90+ life on helm 70+ boots, 70+ gloves (30ms), boots is where I'm fine dropping lower if the market is tough (which it shouldn't be this late into the league). Look for that and 40-60% total ele res. Open suffix is a huge bonus for master crafting, make sure to get them with as little need for offcolors as possible.

Once you have those put them on, put off your belt/rings/amulet and see how you need to now balance your resists. Belt is 90+ life (can do more for a build like yours that can use leather belt) and rings are 70+.

The goal is to NOT replace items one by one but to slowly get together a complete set out of 1-2c pieces that you can slap on together. Upgrading individual pieces will make you go insane.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-15 12:30:42
September 15 2016 12:24 GMT
#22278
On September 15 2016 20:17 HolydaKing wrote:
Looks better, however Spell Totem + Ele Weakness sounds weird. I'd rather cast the curse myself then... not a good solution imo. Also 3k Life is still rather low, but if you play really careful you can probably be OK for most.

As for the guys saying Vortex is great yesterday and the day before, I assume Vortex works best non crit right? I saw a few builds on the forums. Crit builds were usually focusing on the initial dmg so they don't pick EE, while non crit builds mostly use Pyre and EE. Would need to respec if I wanted to try the later I guess.

Spell Totem has a dual purpose. It is fire and forget, it keeps cursing everyone around for as long as it lives. That lets me focus on using my skill in killing enemy. Also I can pop it almost anywhere and it will curse enemies.
Second it is another target for my enemies that is not myself. Often enemies go attack it instead (most notable when fighting 2 essense enemies). Also I like to plop it in front of myself or around corners to aggro enemies or see what is waiting for me there. This is not a Pathfinder BV build that just runs straight into enemies and cares not for what is ahead.

As for Life I don't plan to stop at 3K :D
In next few levels I got 9 life nodes that are all close.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
September 15 2016 15:46 GMT
#22279
Hey guys, I got back into this game with Essence league, having not played since 2013, and I have to say WOW what a game. The progress they've made in development in the past 3 years is absolutely astonishing considering their income is from cosmetic skins only. GGG have really made something special. This game blows every Diablo out of the water.

Anyway, I made a BV Pathfinder after doing a bit of research because I'm not a special snowflake and I can handle shamelessly copying a flavor of the month build. Can anybody tell me what the benefits are of joining the TL guild? Me and two of my close friends all rolled new characters together on the league start day and we pretty much just play together, but we've been wondering what the whole guild thing entails. Are there in-game perks? Just a bit of social interaction?
good vibes only
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 15 2016 15:49 GMT
#22280
On September 16 2016 00:46 Meta wrote:
Hey guys, I got back into this game with Essence league, having not played since 2013, and I have to say WOW what a game. The progress they've made in development in the past 3 years is absolutely astonishing considering their income is from cosmetic skins only. GGG have really made something special. This game blows every Diablo out of the water.

Anyway, I made a BV Pathfinder after doing a bit of research because I'm not a special snowflake and I can handle shamelessly copying a flavor of the month build. Can anybody tell me what the benefits are of joining the TL guild? Me and two of my close friends all rolled new characters together on the league start day and we pretty much just play together, but we've been wondering what the whole guild thing entails. Are there in-game perks? Just a bit of social interaction?

We do keep a professional guild stash that is filled with self found Cast on Death gems in Hardcore and corrupted Tabulas in Softcore.

It really boils down to just having a few more people to share stuff with, get challenges done, that kinda thing.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Prev 1 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 46
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1231
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
RotterdaM319
crisheroes305
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 175
QueenE106
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3212
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 59m
INu's Battles
18h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 59m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.