• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7875 users

Path of Exile - Page 1115

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-15 15:55:11
September 15 2016 15:53 GMT
#22281
On September 16 2016 00:49 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2016 00:46 Meta wrote:
Hey guys, I got back into this game with Essence league, having not played since 2013, and I have to say WOW what a game. The progress they've made in development in the past 3 years is absolutely astonishing considering their income is from cosmetic skins only. GGG have really made something special. This game blows every Diablo out of the water.

Anyway, I made a BV Pathfinder after doing a bit of research because I'm not a special snowflake and I can handle shamelessly copying a flavor of the month build. Can anybody tell me what the benefits are of joining the TL guild? Me and two of my close friends all rolled new characters together on the league start day and we pretty much just play together, but we've been wondering what the whole guild thing entails. Are there in-game perks? Just a bit of social interaction?

We do keep a professional guild stash that is filled with self found Cast on Death gems in Hardcore and corrupted Tabulas in Softcore.

It really boils down to just having a few more people to share stuff with, get challenges done, that kinda thing.


both tabulas are mine :'(

guild can help with stuff like price checks, you can ask people to grab you skill gems, usually some decent leveling gear in the stash, etc.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
September 15 2016 15:56 GMT
#22282
Guild chat is super handy for just hanging out but there's nothing wrong with just making a guild for you and your buddies and using that as well.

IIRC guilds don't come with free stashes so if you are looking to not have to invest in those, then the TL guild provides handy guild stash tabs for convenient item sharing (basically asynchronous trading as long as nobody in the guild is stealing ur stuff) and (as evo pointed out) solid memes.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 15 2016 16:58 GMT
#22283
General chat is often filled with spammers that makes it harder to play with it on. So you can either play with no chat or with guild chat. TL guild helps with that.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 09:04:41
September 16 2016 09:01 GMT
#22284
I don't know how many of you here played Diablo 1 but ever since that game I have been trying to play what I played there and that was Chain Lightning. That spell was changed in D2 and it acted more like Arc+Chain in PoE.
I want to make a build that would make it look like Chain Lightning again :D

Any suggestions? Arc would be natural choice if I could link it with GMP but Arc is not a projectile.
So maybe Ball Lightning (with GMP, Spell Echo and Slower Projectiles)?

Normally Lightning Strike is closest to it, but it is melee weapon skill that I need to fuck around with accuracy to use.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 09:11:34
September 16 2016 09:11 GMT
#22285
High level Arc chains quite a bit. It's definitely the closest skill to Chain Lightning. And also the best of the skills you named (IMO). You could do something like https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996 if you want it to be really good. In this case your Arc will still look like Lightning but be Fire instead lol. It won't be as strong as in the guide since Elementalist got nerfed, but it's a fun build nevertheless because it also ends up using Vaal RF which is stupidly fun and strong against bosses (which is the main problem of Arc).
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 10:03:48
September 16 2016 10:02 GMT
#22286
On September 16 2016 18:11 HolydaKing wrote:
High level Arc chains quite a bit. It's definitely the closest skill to Chain Lightning. And also the best of the skills you named (IMO). You could do something like https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996 if you want it to be really good. In this case your Arc will still look like Lightning but be Fire instead lol. It won't be as strong as in the guide since Elementalist got nerfed, but it's a fun build nevertheless because it also ends up using Vaal RF which is stupidly fun and strong against bosses (which is the main problem of Arc).

D2 Chain Lightning chained, D1 just fired 8 lightning in straight line in different directions that 100% pierced everything in its path. It filled the screen with lightning, murdered everyone and it was glorious to watch and play :D
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 11:17:58
September 16 2016 11:14 GMT
#22287
That might be, it's too long since I've played it... I'm pretty sure the normal Lightning looked like a 1 projectile Lightning Strike (a bit larger with 100% pierce), but I don't remember Chain Lightning anymore.

Back then I mostly played the Rogue. Even dropped a Windforce after a long grind... Was huge fun back then, and the music/atmosphere is still by far the best out of the Diablo games.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 13:46:52
September 16 2016 13:46 GMT
#22288
i looked up a quick vid and i think lightning strike is probably the closest. add on some projectile speed to get the distance on it maybe.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
September 16 2016 16:04 GMT
#22289
Lightning Strike Mjölnir is what you want to play it seems.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-16 16:15:29
September 16 2016 16:04 GMT
#22290
I spent some time researching this and I found one guy that casts Ice Storm, jump in the middle and leeches Life with Blasphemy+Warlords. So now I am going to try something similar but with Ball Lightning and http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards. I can do Ball+GMP+Slow Projectile+ Spell Echo+Lightning Penetration and fire 9x2 bolts with each casting all around me. With Elementalist focus I can proc lots of funny shit all over the map while collecting Endurance Charges and having 2-3 curses on enemies
And I can replace GMP with something that gives me more DPS when fighting bosses like Point Blank Support
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 16 2016 22:11 GMT
#22291
On September 17 2016 01:04 r.Evo wrote:
Lightning Strike Mjölnir is what you want to play it seems.

Way too expensive is that weapon :D

OK, I so I got two builds to go with the Sire of Shards. 5L what I said earlier or I can get Resolute Techique and do Lightning Strike. Now I don't have a clue if I should get quality 20 LS and add Pierce to it (for about 70% pierce chance) and 20% more projectile damage or is LS better with Chain. With Sire of Shards and base LS projectiles of 7 there is going to be 11 projectiles coming out with each cast and each of them Chaining to other targets. Seems that could be better.
ticklishmusic
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States15977 Posts
September 16 2016 22:35 GMT
#22292
30-40 chaos, it's something you can definitely work towards.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
September 16 2016 23:18 GMT
#22293
it's telling me there is a patch and I need to restart my poe, I keep restarting it but no patch comes...
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 16 2016 23:24 GMT
#22294
On September 17 2016 07:11 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2016 01:04 r.Evo wrote:
Lightning Strike Mjölnir is what you want to play it seems.

Way too expensive is that weapon :D

OK, I so I got two builds to go with the Sire of Shards. 5L what I said earlier or I can get Resolute Techique and do Lightning Strike. Now I don't have a clue if I should get quality 20 LS and add Pierce to it (for about 70% pierce chance) and 20% more projectile damage or is LS better with Chain. With Sire of Shards and base LS projectiles of 7 there is going to be 11 projectiles coming out with each cast and each of them Chaining to other targets. Seems that could be better.

Let me quote myself to add to this. Problem with LS is that its damage depends on base Physical damage. Half of that becomes Lightning that I can then add to. Also Strength bonus to damage does not work with projectile part and I would need to use Iron Grip support. Or Point Blank Support. Base physical damage of Sire of Shards is not that great (about half of base Ball Lightning at lvl 20 so I would need at lot of physical damage boost from somewhere to get it close.

Probably best to keep to Ball Lightning unless someone has advice on how to do this with LS and Sire of Shards (which I bought already so I am not going to use Mjornir unless this ends up a big bust :D)
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 16 2016 23:48 GMT
#22295
If anyone is interested in my Ball Lightning version passive tree here it is : + Show Spoiler +
poeplanner.com


Similar build I found online goes CI but I know that means I need to frack around with finding good ES gear and I need freeze immunity and that build went for Unwavering Stance and wasted a lot of points for that.

So I just switched it to life build and left others parts the same (3 curses and Life Leech from Vaal Pact). Warlords Mark and Conductivity with Blasphemy will be up all the time. And vs bosses I can switch Conductivity with Enfeeble.
Later when I get that ring with another curse Enfeeble will be on CwDT together with low level Cold Snap and Cast Curse on Hit (Cold Snap I need because of Elementalist ability that gives me 25% lightning penetration if a cold skill was used in last 10s. This guy uses Leap with Fortify and Faster Attacks to get into middle of enemies and spams Ball Lightning Nova while Leeching life and having fortify, armor and 5 endurance charges and high level CwDT linked with high level IC and Summon Fire Golem (for that bonus damage) and Molten Armor for those most nasty hits.

LS version should work the same but using Resolute Techinque. It would also always get that Leap Slam hit and 100% of Fortify buff but I am not sure how to get its damage up on par with Ball Lightning version. Only advantage of LS is 7+4 projectiles that have 100% hit and would than Chain but I am not sure how much damage that would turn into. LS would use Herald of Ash because it gives bonus fire damage calculated from full physical damage and then added to projectiles that are half physical and half lightning.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 17 2016 07:43 GMT
#22296
Ok LS build would work better with Mjolnir. I would use LS in a 5L and then put Ball Lightning into Mjolnir so that also procs :D
Mjolnir's higher base physical damage makes is decent for LS. Only problem is that I would lose ability to jump into packs and affect everyone around me no matter which way I swing :D
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-17 07:48:09
September 17 2016 07:46 GMT
#22297
Try getting used to the Offline Skilltree Planner, poeplanner is outdated and gives errors in other planners/the website.

Either way, would you like to spend 2 points for 42% inc spell damage? Yes, you do. Don't miss that Witch start.

For tricurse I'd go to Whispers of Doom via Curse Effect and consider going to the Lifewheel from the right for more Curse Effect along the way.

Connect to Celestial Punishment via the 12% nodes and via the Jewel, not the Str node.

Power Charges are reasonable to add because you're right next to +1 and the spell dmg per charge node.

I'm not sure if the whole Static Blows thing is a smart idea, shock duration is based on the hit dmg and Ball Lightning has rather low individual hit damage. Vaal Lightning Trap might be more reliable for bosses which will be the only spot where you need it. If you want to kick it out you can go right via the juicy stun avoid nodes + Heart & Soul cluster.

Inc AoE is also reasonable to add, might have to feel that out. Could turn out that those couple nodes allow you to kick out GMP/LMP without it feeling too bad.

e: nvm can't read, sire of shards. 90% sure that's a great reason to get AoE because you wouldn't want GMP either way. Just keep it in mind and feel it out, not like the tree changes much if you want to grab those.

"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
September 17 2016 10:34 GMT
#22298
I just put Perandus on my first map. It was a Gorge. Somehow got an archive. Had three Gorges in it amongst (a ton of) other maps. Was pretty great.

But also, the map had Beyond and two of the Perandus boxes were stacked on top of each other. Really made me earn my biscuits. Was super fun.
~
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-17 11:41:13
September 17 2016 11:31 GMT
#22299
On September 17 2016 16:46 r.Evo wrote:
Try getting used to the Offline Skilltree Planner, poeplanner is outdated and gives errors in other planners/the website.

Either way, would you like to spend 2 points for 42% inc spell damage? Yes, you do. Don't miss that Witch start.

For tricurse I'd go to Whispers of Doom via Curse Effect and consider going to the Lifewheel from the right for more Curse Effect along the way.

Connect to Celestial Punishment via the 12% nodes and via the Jewel, not the Str node.

Power Charges are reasonable to add because you're right next to +1 and the spell dmg per charge node.

I'm not sure if the whole Static Blows thing is a smart idea, shock duration is based on the hit dmg and Ball Lightning has rather low individual hit damage. Vaal Lightning Trap might be more reliable for bosses which will be the only spot where you need it. If you want to kick it out you can go right via the juicy stun avoid nodes + Heart & Soul cluster.

Inc AoE is also reasonable to add, might have to feel that out. Could turn out that those couple nodes allow you to kick out GMP/LMP without it feeling too bad.

e: nvm can't read, sire of shards. 90% sure that's a great reason to get AoE because you wouldn't want GMP either way. Just keep it in mind and feel it out, not like the tree changes much if you want to grab those.


Why would I want Power Charges and how would I create them?!

My tree is about maximizing skill points so I can get more life nodes. 6thL for BallLightning is going to probably be Iron Will for probably 100%+ increased spell damage boost (Strenght boost + gem bonus).

My current plan for 5L: BL+Slow Projectile+Spell Echo+Lightning Penetration+Controlled Destruction ( was originally thinking GMP instead of controlled destruction so I can fire 9 projectiles with each cast but vs bosses I dont' have anything good to put into that green slot except Added Cold Damage so I am going to try without GMP to see if I got enough crowd kill power)

Due to double resistance penetration it should be good (triple if this build ever manages to do Uber Lab). Both Slower Projectiles and Controlled Destruction give MORE instead of Increased damage. I am also thinking now to use Blasphemy+Warlord+Enlighten+HoT (and later Arctic Armor in another slot) and have other two curses on a 5L: CWDT (lvl 1)+Cold Snap+CastCurseonHit(lvl20)+Conductivity(lvl20)+Enfeeble(lvl20) (or I can swap Cold Snap with Ice Spear so I can hope it generates critical hits for me so I can also use Elemental Overload which is preferable until I can finish Uber Lab and get Mastermind of Discord).

The original build I am using as basis (Ice Storm one) uses Orb of Storms to generate critical hits (although I don't understand how when he has no crit increase stuff)

I cannot get AoE passives because AoE damage part does not work with Ball Lightning (wiki says so) so I would just be wasting passives to get a few 5% area increases that might not change much and would probably still need to put Increased AoE support on my BL. I will try to skip AoE radius increases and put LMP or something if my crowd kill effect will be bad.

As for not being able to Shock enemies? Well passives give me 100% increased Shock Duration so it should work and with 2-3 resistance penetrations that should help.

EDIT: going right to get more curse passives would be wasting points for super little gain. I don't need more radius or duration for curses and the effect boost is minor for so many points.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-09-17 11:39:06
September 17 2016 11:38 GMT
#22300
Also if this build fails, I can switch a few passives and turn it into a Lighting Strike one and buy a Mjornir for it. And I would keep most of the gems I use already.
Does using two Mjornirs give you double activation effect? :D
Prev 1 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 597
RotterdaM127
Rex68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko320
RotterdaM 127
Rex 68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC 47
ByuN 38
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9993
Shuttle 1411
Soulkey 801
Bisu 734
Jaedong 556
Horang2 443
Mong 399
BeSt 376
actioN 288
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
Stork 209
Soma 208
Larva 149
Mini 143
Rush 130
Zeus 129
Last 110
Hyun 92
Pusan 84
PianO 76
Mind 71
910 70
ZerO 68
Snow 66
Free 60
sorry 57
Yoon 52
Shine 50
Shinee 37
hero 34
Sharp 31
Sexy 30
sSak 25
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 22
HiyA 21
EffOrt 19
ZergMaN 18
Hm[arnc] 11
JYJ 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
yabsab 7
Aegong 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe289
canceldota0
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1498
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King235
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes250
Other Games
gofns35938
singsing2016
B2W.Neo221
DeMusliM188
Pyrionflax177
KnowMe144
Livibee140
Trikslyr19
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1234
Other Games
• Shiphtur834
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 42m
The PondCast
22h 42m
INu's Battles
23h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.