• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:33
CEST 17:33
KST 00:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8976 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 459

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 457 458 459 460 461 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
September 13 2014 22:59 GMT
#9161
Put the videos into spoilers if you post that many if possible. Makes it easier to follow the discussion/text
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
September 13 2014 23:28 GMT
#9162
Yeah, it slows down loading of the page too.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-14 07:30:20
September 14 2014 07:27 GMT
#9163
So tonight I played ranked on PC for the first time since Steamworks. I've played Endless with a few buddies that I have good connectionss with and it felt solid, but this ranked match finding is a total crap shoot. Even if I get green bars, there's so many interrupts in most games, and I'm getting hit numerous times in a row when I'm doing literally nothing but blocking lol. I really hope the beta they're trying actually produces useful results, because this new netcode is fucking abysmal. I'm really upset. Going back to Xbox Live lol
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-15 04:05:12
September 14 2014 23:48 GMT
#9164
So I probably should have posted in here and not just in the smash forum haha... good turnout for Warrior's Path at my shop today

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Edit: Stream Link http://www.twitch.tv/guardbreak

Double Edit: Umm... Chris G won.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-15 22:57:59
September 15 2014 22:55 GMT
#9165
Hi, looking for some advice on my Decapre if anyone here plays her. This is against a friend, one who I often go 50/50 with nowadays but sometimes it can be hard to notice mistakes by yourself so I'm asking people here. I've been playing for a few months now being new to competitive non-button mashing SF4.

Any obvious and easy to fix improvements that could be made or is it just execution errors.. I gave up on Makoto realising I'm much more comfortable playing charge characters and Decapre is one I enjoy playing the most of the chargers.

+ Show Spoiler +
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 15 2014 23:45 GMT
#9166
Well it's difficult to tell you not to jump so much because you are fighting Gen who has bad anti-airs, but against most other characters you would just lose pretty bad. Generally it's only a good idea to jump when you know you won't get anti-aired, like reacting to a fireball or doing some sort of setup after a knockdown. I'd try to work that out of your system because you will benefit from it in the long run, I know because I used to do the same.

If you want to close ground faster, learn to dash quickly and precisely, it's much safer than jumping. If you are facing a fireball character, learn to focus through fireballs. It isn't as easy as good players make it seem but it's damn good if you know how to do it.

I saw you did a few random uppercuts as well as the super in the second round, I'd recommend stopping that completely (I know it's difficult believe me). I guess you are trying to predict what the opponent is going to do and react accordingly, which is fine because that's a part of Street Fighter but I'd recommend trying to stop that anyway. There are plenty of opportunities to do damage if you learn the matchups so you don't have to rely on predictions. I'd say predicting opponents moves is a pretty highlevel skill in Street Fighter. If you make a bad read you will get punished for it, it's just too risky unless you are sure you know what you're doing. It might be because you get an itchy triggerfinger which is natural, especially under pressure. Try throwing out safe normals instead in those kind of situations.

Reads become a huge part of the game when both you and your opponent don't make silly mistakes like a whiffed uppercut. Right now I'd try to just chill out a bit and wait for your opponent to make these mistakes instead of putting yourself in a situation where you are making them.

That was more general advice than anything else but for the Gen matchup, learn what moves of his are unsafe and wait for him to use them. Gens jumping is difficult to anti-air in online play because he is so fast, but it is definitely doable. Keep at it!
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-16 00:25:45
September 16 2014 00:11 GMT
#9167
I assume it was poor choice picking a replay of someone I've been playing against for months since I can more easily read him when it comes to the super I know he likes to either do something meaty, bait a meaty and backdash or block and see what I do it was a gamble but an educated one is it still wrong to do it in this case?

Other than that thanks for the advice, I really do jump too much you're right I'll try and work dashes in more. I actually am really really good at focus dashing fireballs which can't be seen in this video though since it's against Gen.

I'll stop the random DP's where I hope he tries for meaty, I also do a lot of them on reaction but perhaps the random ones should instead be blocks..

How does the Decapres around here do hands (daggers)? I tried the K-brad method but it's just really hard to pull off consistently, the only one I can do with 100% accuracy is standing jab into heavy hands but obviously I need to be able to pull off the c.mk > lp hands if I wanna get far with her.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 16 2014 00:46 GMT
#9168
Obviously it wasn't a bad move because you won that round, you should always try to win. You can look at it like this, if you didn't hit that super you would have lost the round, that much is clear. Gen could've done a meaty, blocked, jumped or even used that flying kick special move. When you are on the ground your opponents has the upper hand, 3/4 times you wouldn't have hit that super assuming the Gen rolled his option completely randomly. Because you know him, it isn't random but against any other player I think the super would be the wrong choice.

The yomi topic is a very complex one and you could argue it for an eternity. Basically what I'm trying to say is focus on learning the mechanics of the game first and foremost, before trying to actually play it like the pros do. I'm around 2500-3000 PP at the moment and I still never do true reads. I don't even have time to think about reads when I'm busy spacing and forcing my opponent to jump in on me (playing Sagat).

If you haven't, check out the video spoilered below (you probably already have in the past). It's about footsies but I think it applies to SF in general. One of the points he makes is how most reads are something inbetween reads and reactions. Like I can throw a fireball and I am predicting my opponent might jump so I am ready for it, but it isn't really reading. It's complicated and difficult to convey in words.

tl;dr: Do it like Starcraft, outmacro and micro your opponent before considering outsmarting him.

+ Show Spoiler +
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-16 13:23:54
September 16 2014 13:11 GMT
#9169
On September 16 2014 09:11 Firkraag8 wrote:
How does the Decapres around here do hands (daggers)? I tried the K-brad method but it's just really hard to pull off consistently, the only one I can do with 100% accuracy is standing jab into heavy hands but obviously I need to be able to pull off the c.mk > lp hands if I wanna get far with her.

I don't know the K-Brad way and I've only tried her out a bit but there is a couple of versions I can think of you could do depending on button layout and which "direction" you feel it's easiest to tap towards.

mk - lp - hp - mp - lp - lp,where mk + lp is pressed simultaneously for a right to left tap and 3 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - lp - lp, for a left to right tap and 3 buttons.
mk - lp - (lp + mp + hp) - hp - mp - lp, for a right to left tap with 4 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - (lp + mp + hp) - lp, for a left to right tap with 4 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - mp - lp, is what I do for a 3 button layout. Probably the hardest untrained as you tap in both directions.

I can do all in training. Pick the one that feels the easiest and train slowly to get it consistent before you slowly increases in speed until it works in-game.

Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
September 16 2014 13:16 GMT
#9170
Hey guys, I'm not a regular here, I only play USF4 every couple days with a friend.

My question is if there's any better way to play vs this person online than endless battle? Endless battle sucks in that it doesn't have best of 7 and we get kicked out to the lobby after every game.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
September 16 2014 13:27 GMT
#9171
On September 16 2014 09:11 Firkraag8 wrote:
How does the Decapres around here do hands (daggers)? I tried the K-brad method but it's just really hard to pull off consistently, the only one I can do with 100% accuracy is standing jab into heavy hands but obviously I need to be able to pull off the c.mk > lp hands if I wanna get far with her.


The buttons most used for cancelling hands (c mk, mp) are pretty active so you don't have to be superfast.

For c mk x lp hands I use c mk~lp hp mp lp lp. For c mk x hp hands I do c mk~lp hp mp lp hp.
mp x lp hands: mp lp hp mp lp and mp x hp hands: mp hp mp lp hp.

The Decapre forums on srk have a thread on hands.. it's just personal preference and practice mostly!
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 16 2014 14:27 GMT
#9172
On September 16 2014 22:16 Osmoses wrote:
Hey guys, I'm not a regular here, I only play USF4 every couple days with a friend.

My question is if there's any better way to play vs this person online than endless battle? Endless battle sucks in that it doesn't have best of 7 and we get kicked out to the lobby after every game.


Is it really that annoying to get back to the lobby between matches? It takes just a few seconds to start a new one. Anyway try online practice mode, it won't have any interruptions but it won't be real matches either.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 16 2014 15:04 GMT
#9173
On September 16 2014 22:16 Osmoses wrote:
Hey guys, I'm not a regular here, I only play USF4 every couple days with a friend.

My question is if there's any better way to play vs this person online than endless battle? Endless battle sucks in that it doesn't have best of 7 and we get kicked out to the lobby after every game.

There is no way to play online such that you can "Rematch" directly after a game ends like you can in Versus mode.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
September 16 2014 16:51 GMT
#9174
On September 16 2014 22:11 Aando wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2014 09:11 Firkraag8 wrote:
How does the Decapres around here do hands (daggers)? I tried the K-brad method but it's just really hard to pull off consistently, the only one I can do with 100% accuracy is standing jab into heavy hands but obviously I need to be able to pull off the c.mk > lp hands if I wanna get far with her.

I don't know the K-Brad way and I've only tried her out a bit but there is a couple of versions I can think of you could do depending on button layout and which "direction" you feel it's easiest to tap towards.

mk - lp - hp - mp - lp - lp,where mk + lp is pressed simultaneously for a right to left tap and 3 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - lp - lp, for a left to right tap and 3 buttons.
mk - lp - (lp + mp + hp) - hp - mp - lp, for a right to left tap with 4 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - (lp + mp + hp) - lp, for a left to right tap with 4 buttons.
mk - lp - mp - hp - mp - lp, is what I do for a 3 button layout. Probably the hardest untrained as you tap in both directions.

I can do all in training. Pick the one that feels the easiest and train slowly to get it consistent before you slowly increases in speed until it works in-game.



I do it (on stick) by hitting MK with my thumb into immediate roll from hp-mp-lp (so using 4 fingers to hit 4 buttons) then another tap of hp-lp (with my ring and index finger). Don't know if anyone else does it this way but its kind of the opposite to how I've done Honda hands forever so its comfortable for me.
It is what it is
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
September 16 2014 17:16 GMT
#9175
isn't it retarded that you need guides to do a simple special move? I mean it's just so backward design.
And all is illuminated.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
September 16 2014 17:50 GMT
#9176
On September 17 2014 02:16 freelander wrote:
isn't it retarded that you need guides to do a simple special move? I mean it's just so backward design.

Yep. Mash inputs should have an alternate motion input at the very least. SFxT worked well without mash inputs.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
September 16 2014 18:41 GMT
#9177
I was really struggling online by joining ranked games. Basically, I'm unable to combo anything more complex than chained jabs even with 4 bars. Sometimes I can't even connect the hit after a jump in. Then I created my own lobby and the game basically plays like offline. Now I feel bad for anyone joining my games.

I don't recall it being this bad on console. The lag was there, but it was almost smooth. But even if I practice with ~5 network latency, it doesn't help when the lag is so random.

I play with the beta patch fwiw. Smooth framerate, no downloads, etc. But joining is out of the question.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 16 2014 18:48 GMT
#9178
On September 17 2014 03:41 Pwere wrote:
I was really struggling online by joining ranked games. Basically, I'm unable to combo anything more complex than chained jabs even with 4 bars. Sometimes I can't even connect the hit after a jump in. Then I created my own lobby and the game basically plays like offline. Now I feel bad for anyone joining my games.

I don't recall it being this bad on console. The lag was there, but it was almost smooth. But even if I practice with ~5 network latency, it doesn't help when the lag is so random.

I play with the beta patch fwiw. Smooth framerate, no downloads, etc. But joining is out of the question.

Wait, are you implying that the host has less lag / an advantage? I don't think I've ever noticed that on either system, unless that's specifically related to the beta stuff that they're trying.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
September 16 2014 19:11 GMT
#9179
I've noticed it in UMVC3 on PS3. When I was playing with a friend, whoever was hosting basically had a 2:1 win ratio. And it's night and day in USF4 PC for me. I got one playable game out of 15 when I joined, and the two games I got as a host were better than that game.

It could be a coincidence due to sample size, but I really doubt it...
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 16 2014 19:17 GMT
#9180
I haven't noticed any difference in lag when joining/hosting. The only thing different would be what happens during those random lagspikes, if I'm hosting I can't do any inputs but that doesn't happen when I join.
Prev 1 457 458 459 460 461 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 177
ProTech132
Rex 59
CosmosSc2 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39813
Calm 3549
Shuttle 2213
Jaedong 1807
Horang2 733
Mini 674
EffOrt 554
Soma 365
Stork 281
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Larva 249
ZerO 235
BeSt 231
Snow 175
firebathero 133
Mong 113
Zeus 87
hero 73
910 72
Mind 70
Free 44
Hyun 42
Yoon 40
Shinee 39
sorry 37
Sharp 36
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 31
Killer 27
PianO 25
JYJ 24
Shine 22
Aegong 20
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 16
HiyA 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Trap 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5805
Dendi1204
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
fl0m3474
Fnx 670
x6flipin244
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King108
ChuDatz30
Other Games
singsing2134
Liquid`RaSZi1083
hiko810
B2W.Neo638
RotterdaM514
dupreeh400
ceh9387
crisheroes315
Khaldor246
TKL 199
Livibee197
Trikslyr94
QueenE76
Dewaltoss16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2430
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis2494
• Jankos1470
• TFBlade562
Other Games
• Shiphtur741
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
28m
The PondCast
18h 28m
INu's Battles
19h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.