• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:33
CEST 17:33
KST 00:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8976 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 458

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 456 457 458 459 460 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 08 2014 16:14 GMT
#9141
I don't know why, but I've always done quick rise by "jiggling" the joystick after I get knocked down (usually just going between two inputs quickly, like 232323232323). I've never pressed buttons to quick rise.

That also being said, I find the timing on how to delayed wakeup strange. When they announced it they made it sound like you could just hold two buttons while you were on the ground and get DWU, but that isn't the case...
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 09 2014 09:21 GMT
#9142
On September 08 2014 15:59 WindWolf wrote:
Most of the time, I quick-rise using down. Don't know why, I've gotten used to that now


Because that is the easiest/first way it was initially designed for fighting games decades ago.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 10 2014 03:50 GMT
#9143






RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-10 04:22:32
September 10 2014 04:16 GMT
#9144
Daigo AMA http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2frvdb/iama_daigo_the_beast_umehara_japans_first/

old videos from the thread




Daigo also mentions Nemo as the best player in Japan (maybe the world) right now

and his favorite player to watch is Daisho





and this docu was good:

RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-10 04:21:16
September 10 2014 04:20 GMT
#9145
If anyone wants to play on PC sometime add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/vansetsu/ . I'm hanging around 1500pp and main Guy, and finally fully transitioned to using a fighstick after alot of procrastination. Always looking for more people to play with.

Also, yea Nemo's rolento just looked ridiculous. Wasn't he the guy who ran shuma gorath in mvc at evo2013? maybe i am thinking of someone else.
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 10 2014 04:24 GMT
#9146
Just addded you, there is a TL group on there.

I'm making an endless game right now if you wanna join.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 10 2014 04:26 GMT
#9147
On September 10 2014 13:20 Vansetsu wrote:
If anyone wants to play on PC sometime add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/vansetsu/ . I'm hanging around 1500pp and main Guy, and finally fully transitioned to using a fighstick after alot of procrastination. Always looking for more people to play with.

Also, yea Nemo's rolento just looked ridiculous. Wasn't he the guy who ran shuma gorath in mvc at evo2013? maybe i am thinking of someone else.

Nemo uses Nova/Spencer/Strange, and he's a very very good Marvel player. He also won West Coast Warzone in USF4 with Rolento just this past weekend. Very scary. He made that character look so fucking annoying lol, and that's after I'm ALREADY annoyed by them online
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 11 2014 22:56 GMT
#9148
Been playing endless lobbies with people from here and other friends with mics and chat, could always use more people to play with.


Anyway, Funny video dump time:













And goodplay video time as well:



RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-11 23:17:47
September 11 2014 23:07 GMT
#9149
More videos of me being owned. Critiques and advice welcomed:























Started using fraps to record for better quality and framerate, However the file size is huge so it takes forever to upload, and for some reason it only shows it max out to 360p instead of like 720p. Anyone know why?















I wish I could record while I played because I am generally pretty loud and exciting with commentary. I'll try and figure that out in the future.

I'm a little better at 720s now, just training mode for a while. I think some of these matchups are just downright absurd, makes me want to change character but I don't think I will until I get to a much higher level. I'm gonna add (CH) to my list, anyone know any tech vs her with (TH)?

PS- Is there a way to change the music option when watching a replay? It's always the T.Hawk music even though I have it set to random in matches. And btw, I noticed while playing endless, the random music is different for people in the same game, I wonder if that causes any lag issues.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
September 12 2014 08:12 GMT
#9150
I've played a few of the guys in the videos you linked. OnlyAlpha took about 200 points from me tonight. Also, Scrubstyles dhalsim is just scary.

Lost 800 points total tonight. Time to go back to the training room/endless and learn some unfamiliar matchups i guess.
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
September 12 2014 15:57 GMT
#9151
Been trying to figure for an hour out why I can't play with my brother - turns out he really still has AE instead of ultra. But in steam it says he's playing Ultra and in the store it says he already has the game.

Now it says on his screen: "upgrade ultra street fighter to ultra street fighter". Thanks Gabe!
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
September 12 2014 16:19 GMT
#9152
On September 13 2014 00:57 aseq wrote:
Been trying to figure for an hour out why I can't play with my brother - turns out he really still has AE instead of ultra. But in steam it says he's playing Ultra and in the store it says he already has the game.

Now it says on his screen: "upgrade ultra street fighter to ultra street fighter". Thanks Gabe!


It's because they decided to just change the AE2012 entry to Ultra instead of adding a new one.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-09-12 18:05:11
September 12 2014 18:03 GMT
#9153
Thanks for not posting any videos that have me in it MarlieChurphy. I am embarrassed because of those games :D.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
September 12 2014 18:06 GMT
#9154
Makoto is an addiction

Are TL people using a Steam group to play? Or are you just friending everyone MarlieChurphy lol
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
September 12 2014 18:54 GMT
#9155
Who's the bearded guy who commentated the last wednesday night fights? Aeris, Ares, Eris something?? Looked like Gimli, super funny.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
September 12 2014 19:05 GMT
#9156
Aris, Kayo's husbando

Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 13 2014 03:02 GMT
#9157
On September 12 2014 17:12 Vansetsu wrote:
I've played a few of the guys in the videos you linked. OnlyAlpha took about 200 points from me tonight. Also, Scrubstyles dhalsim is just scary.

Lost 800 points total tonight. Time to go back to the training room/endless and learn some unfamiliar matchups i guess.



I noticed this game is like broodwar back in the day, if you play later at night it's all the hardcore good players. You play good games, learn stuff, but you pay in PP. I lost like 700 the other day.

And then if you play in the daytime, say 3-8p you play more randoms and you get 600pp


lol



Happens to me like every other time I play.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
September 13 2014 03:03 GMT
#9158
On September 13 2014 03:06 Duka08 wrote:
Makoto is an addiction

Are TL people using a Steam group to play? Or are you just friending everyone MarlieChurphy lol



I just friend everyone who wants to, and other players I know from other games or IRL, or meet from matches on steam.

Then when I log on, I create private endless battles and we mic and play.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Dasvi
Profile Joined May 2014
Greece4 Posts
September 13 2014 18:19 GMT
#9159
How can you show the recent moves to the left and right (like in some videos above?)
WELL MET
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
September 13 2014 21:12 GMT
#9160
On September 14 2014 03:19 Dasvi wrote:
How can you show the recent moves to the left and right (like in some videos above?)

When you watch a replay hit start and turn on player inputs for whichever side you want.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Prev 1 456 457 458 459 460 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 177
ProTech132
Rex 59
CosmosSc2 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39813
Calm 3549
Shuttle 2213
Jaedong 1807
Horang2 733
Mini 674
EffOrt 554
Soma 365
Stork 281
Soulkey 280
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Larva 249
ZerO 235
BeSt 231
Snow 175
firebathero 133
Mong 113
Zeus 87
hero 73
910 72
Mind 70
Free 44
Hyun 42
Yoon 40
Shinee 39
sorry 37
Sharp 36
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 31
Killer 27
PianO 25
JYJ 24
Shine 22
Aegong 20
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 16
HiyA 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Trap 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5805
Dendi1204
420jenkins177
Counter-Strike
fl0m3474
Fnx 670
x6flipin244
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King108
ChuDatz30
Other Games
singsing2134
Liquid`RaSZi1083
hiko810
B2W.Neo638
RotterdaM514
dupreeh400
ceh9387
crisheroes315
Khaldor246
TKL 199
Livibee197
Trikslyr94
QueenE76
Dewaltoss16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2430
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis2494
• Jankos1470
• TFBlade562
Other Games
• Shiphtur741
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
27m
The PondCast
18h 27m
INu's Battles
19h 27m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.