• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:30
CEST 20:30
KST 03:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7332 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 455

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 453 454 455 456 457 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 24 2014 20:02 GMT
#9081
Out of all games I play, this is the one where I actually get the least frustrated when things aren't going my way. I don't know why, it is just that way. Just recently, I got way more frustrated in Europa Universalis 4 than I think I've ever been in Street Fighter.
EZ4ENCE
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 24 2014 21:20 GMT
#9082


I haven't really appreciated the animations in this game before watching this. They are pretty damn amazing.
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
August 24 2014 22:08 GMT
#9083
wow Yun ultra was pretty crazy. Overall it was very interesting
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 24 2014 23:17 GMT
#9084
Makoto punching people literally into orbit.

It's funny, you can really see Capcom started cheating a bit more with the teleports after Super. ( which mean look at most Ultra 2 and characters added during the different versions )
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
August 25 2014 00:42 GMT
#9085
Well Ultras also started getting more and more ridiculously elaborate, like Capcom felt they had to keep one-upping themselves. Yun's Ultra 2 for example is just completely over the top, and same with Oni's Ultra 2.
Moderator
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 25 2014 04:00 GMT
#9086
On August 25 2014 09:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Well Ultras also started getting more and more ridiculously elaborate, like Capcom felt they had to keep one-upping themselves. Yun's Ultra 2 for example is just completely over the top, and same with Oni's Ultra 2.



I hate all the long ultras, especially the ones with all the cartoon physics and ridiculous spinning around

Main ones I hate are: Fuertes, Zangiefs, Hakans (both), Juris



RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 25 2014 04:02 GMT
#9087
My buddy has a raidcall server (its like ventrillo), and I was looking to get a group of people, sort of like a team together and play games etc.

I've already got a few people that are interested, one guy from GGPO 3rd strike (he says some team/group invited him recently) he plays a top teir Guy. There's me (I play Thawk and Akuma) my friend who uses Blanka, and another guy who plays a good Sakura.

Msg me for details.

RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
August 25 2014 05:25 GMT
#9088
On August 25 2014 13:00 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2014 09:42 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Well Ultras also started getting more and more ridiculously elaborate, like Capcom felt they had to keep one-upping themselves. Yun's Ultra 2 for example is just completely over the top, and same with Oni's Ultra 2.



I hate all the long ultras, especially the ones with all the cartoon physics and ridiculous spinning around

Main ones I hate are: Fuertes, Zangiefs, Hakans (both), Juris





Um there are no "cartoon physics" as you put it, Street Fighter is an extremely realistic representation of actual fighting situations.
Moderator
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
August 25 2014 08:48 GMT
#9089
On August 25 2014 06:20 kuresuti wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzYNXXQQUQ

I haven't really appreciated the animations in this game before watching this. They are pretty damn amazing.

Poor Dan.. Or maybe he's some sort of masochist.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 25 2014 09:28 GMT
#9090
On August 25 2014 17:48 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2014 06:20 kuresuti wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzYNXXQQUQ

I haven't really appreciated the animations in this game before watching this. They are pretty damn amazing.

Poor Dan.. Or maybe he's some sort of masochist.

That kind of stuff only makes him stronger.

And yeah, seeing the Ultras without the default camera was quite interesting. I didn't know Makoto launched people into space
EZ4ENCE
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 00:51:06
August 26 2014 00:50 GMT
#9091
I was just trying out the replay upload feature from PC USF4, and it sucks.

First of all it has to play the replay you have saved and it records (can't skip cinematics).

Then it lags really bad while recording.

Then it takes 20 minutes to upload 4 minute video.

And lists as private for some reason.

Then it comes out all choppy like this:



Anyone know how to fix that?

I'm probably better off just playing with procaster on and uploading files.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
August 26 2014 07:07 GMT
#9092
On August 26 2014 09:50 MarlieChurphy wrote:
I was just trying out the replay upload feature from PC USF4, and it sucks.

First of all it has to play the replay you have saved and it records (can't skip cinematics).

Then it lags really bad while recording.

Then it takes 20 minutes to upload 4 minute video.

And lists as private for some reason.

Then it comes out all choppy like this:

http://youtu.be/T0BzoEYQFmA

Anyone know how to fix that?

I'm probably better off just playing with procaster on and uploading files.

What do you mean that looks like it uploaded perfectly .

So adjusting to the stick is a fairly rewarding experience. Playing with a stick for me is just so much controlled and exciting than the keyboard. Right now trying to get my SJC combos with ibuki down and that is fuuuuuun (well only when I hit it). I hate asking for tips for these things because I know the best answer would be just "practice it" (not that it is a bad answer). For some reason 1f links appear to be easier on the stick than the keyboard, at least more consistent.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 26 2014 10:26 GMT
#9093
On August 26 2014 09:50 MarlieChurphy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I was just trying out the replay upload feature from PC USF4, and it sucks.

First of all it has to play the replay you have saved and it records (can't skip cinematics).

Then it lags really bad while recording.

Then it takes 20 minutes to upload 4 minute video.

And lists as private for some reason.

Then it comes out all choppy like this:

http://youtu.be/T0BzoEYQFmA

Anyone know how to fix that?

I'm probably better off just playing with procaster on and uploading files.


What's your computer like, and internet? It went pretty quick to upload mine, 10 minutes and great framerate on the video with no stutter.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
August 26 2014 12:27 GMT
#9094
On August 25 2014 05:02 WindWolf wrote:
Out of all games I play, this is the one where I actually get the least frustrated when things aren't going my way. I don't know why, it is just that way. Just recently, I got way more frustrated in Europa Universalis 4 than I think I've ever been in Street Fighter.


Haha seems to be exactly the other way round for me... Especially since the transition over to Steam. Before Ultra came out me and my friends (not really casuals, but still rather bad at the game, I guess) were able to frequently win matches against decent or even more skilled opponents and had a PP range of roughly 1500-2000 (SSFIV:AE) playing a pretty wide range of characters (I'm playing Ryu, Elfuerte and Makoto).


Now that USFIV is out (netcode performance aside lol) I feel like I haven't been playing this game for the last year at all... I think until now I really didn't know a game could be SO frustrating with really close to 0 bad people like our group. From time to time you manage to maybe take 1 round off a top 20-50 guy (while he most likely let that happen on purpose), but scoring wins is almost impossible. Even trying to limit the possible opponents to those of "similar skill" results in getting paired with #3 Ibuki etc.
On consoles, however, this doesn't seem to be the case, my friend got the game on PS3 and told me he has a very smooth online experience being matched up with players of truly similar skill level. Why is PC so much much MUCH harder than console right now?!


Winning maybe 1 out of 20-30 matches just to get your ass handed to you in complete dominant fashion in the next plethora of matches is highly demotivating and (paired with the WORST online experience ever in a game) just makes me want to quit this shit already and start focussing on SC2 again ^^.

No, really, I love Street Fighter, but it really triggers my anger more than any other game right now...

... einmal mit Profis spielen!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 26 2014 12:40 GMT
#9095
On August 26 2014 21:27 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2014 05:02 WindWolf wrote:
Out of all games I play, this is the one where I actually get the least frustrated when things aren't going my way. I don't know why, it is just that way. Just recently, I got way more frustrated in Europa Universalis 4 than I think I've ever been in Street Fighter.


Haha seems to be exactly the other way round for me... Especially since the transition over to Steam. Before Ultra came out me and my friends (not really casuals, but still rather bad at the game, I guess) were able to frequently win matches against decent or even more skilled opponents and had a PP range of roughly 1500-2000 (SSFIV:AE) playing a pretty wide range of characters (I'm playing Ryu, Elfuerte and Makoto).


Now that USFIV is out (netcode performance aside lol) I feel like I haven't been playing this game for the last year at all... I think until now I really didn't know a game could be SO frustrating with really close to 0 bad people like our group. From time to time you manage to maybe take 1 round off a top 20-50 guy (while he most likely let that happen on purpose), but scoring wins is almost impossible. Even trying to limit the possible opponents to those of "similar skill" results in getting paired with #3 Ibuki etc.
On consoles, however, this doesn't seem to be the case, my friend got the game on PS3 and told me he has a very smooth online experience being matched up with players of truly similar skill level. Why is PC so much much MUCH harder than console right now?!


Winning maybe 1 out of 20-30 matches just to get your ass handed to you in complete dominant fashion in the next plethora of matches is highly demotivating and (paired with the WORST online experience ever in a game) just makes me want to quit this shit already and start focussing on SC2 again ^^.

No, really, I love Street Fighter, but it really triggers my anger more than any other game right now...


I haven't played Ultra online yet(waiting for my new PC, which should ship soon) so I can't compare the netcode, but is the MM really that wide now?
EZ4ENCE
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 12:46:34
August 26 2014 12:46 GMT
#9096
On August 26 2014 21:40 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 21:27 Creager wrote:
On August 25 2014 05:02 WindWolf wrote:
Out of all games I play, this is the one where I actually get the least frustrated when things aren't going my way. I don't know why, it is just that way. Just recently, I got way more frustrated in Europa Universalis 4 than I think I've ever been in Street Fighter.


Haha seems to be exactly the other way round for me... Especially since the transition over to Steam. Before Ultra came out me and my friends (not really casuals, but still rather bad at the game, I guess) were able to frequently win matches against decent or even more skilled opponents and had a PP range of roughly 1500-2000 (SSFIV:AE) playing a pretty wide range of characters (I'm playing Ryu, Elfuerte and Makoto).


Now that USFIV is out (netcode performance aside lol) I feel like I haven't been playing this game for the last year at all... I think until now I really didn't know a game could be SO frustrating with really close to 0 bad people like our group. From time to time you manage to maybe take 1 round off a top 20-50 guy (while he most likely let that happen on purpose), but scoring wins is almost impossible. Even trying to limit the possible opponents to those of "similar skill" results in getting paired with #3 Ibuki etc.
On consoles, however, this doesn't seem to be the case, my friend got the game on PS3 and told me he has a very smooth online experience being matched up with players of truly similar skill level. Why is PC so much much MUCH harder than console right now?!


Winning maybe 1 out of 20-30 matches just to get your ass handed to you in complete dominant fashion in the next plethora of matches is highly demotivating and (paired with the WORST online experience ever in a game) just makes me want to quit this shit already and start focussing on SC2 again ^^.

No, really, I love Street Fighter, but it really triggers my anger more than any other game right now...


I haven't played Ultra online yet(waiting for my new PC, which should ship soon) so I can't compare the netcode, but is the MM really that wide now?


I'm playing the beta currently and don't know if they intentionally removed MM restriction options for testing purposes, but filter criteria don't seem to have any effect right now.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
renkin
Profile Joined July 2010
France249 Posts
August 26 2014 13:29 GMT
#9097
May I have a status report from players in the USF beta please, did things improved at all ?

I'm considering gettings the upgrade from AE.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
August 26 2014 13:40 GMT
#9098
On August 26 2014 22:29 renkin wrote:
May I have a status report from players in the USF beta please, did things improved at all ?

I'm considering gettings the upgrade from AE.


As far as I can tell there are definitely improvements comparing the beta to retail version, but the overall performance is still not as enjoyable for a lot of people, but experiences seem to vary and not all players are affected. Personally would not recommend buying this before a proper fix is finally released.
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 26 2014 15:21 GMT
#9099
On August 26 2014 21:40 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 21:27 Creager wrote:
On August 25 2014 05:02 WindWolf wrote:
Out of all games I play, this is the one where I actually get the least frustrated when things aren't going my way. I don't know why, it is just that way. Just recently, I got way more frustrated in Europa Universalis 4 than I think I've ever been in Street Fighter.


Haha seems to be exactly the other way round for me... Especially since the transition over to Steam. Before Ultra came out me and my friends (not really casuals, but still rather bad at the game, I guess) were able to frequently win matches against decent or even more skilled opponents and had a PP range of roughly 1500-2000 (SSFIV:AE) playing a pretty wide range of characters (I'm playing Ryu, Elfuerte and Makoto).


Now that USFIV is out (netcode performance aside lol) I feel like I haven't been playing this game for the last year at all... I think until now I really didn't know a game could be SO frustrating with really close to 0 bad people like our group. From time to time you manage to maybe take 1 round off a top 20-50 guy (while he most likely let that happen on purpose), but scoring wins is almost impossible. Even trying to limit the possible opponents to those of "similar skill" results in getting paired with #3 Ibuki etc.
On consoles, however, this doesn't seem to be the case, my friend got the game on PS3 and told me he has a very smooth online experience being matched up with players of truly similar skill level. Why is PC so much much MUCH harder than console right now?!


Winning maybe 1 out of 20-30 matches just to get your ass handed to you in complete dominant fashion in the next plethora of matches is highly demotivating and (paired with the WORST online experience ever in a game) just makes me want to quit this shit already and start focussing on SC2 again ^^.

No, really, I love Street Fighter, but it really triggers my anger more than any other game right now...


I haven't played Ultra online yet(waiting for my new PC, which should ship soon) so I can't compare the netcode, but is the MM really that wide now?

MM is the same, but everyone's stats got reset. So lots of great players are "low" right now, working their way back up. Your chances of hitting a great player feel higher.

There's also newer players or people coming back as well, so your chances of hitting someone REALLY bad are higher too.

After a month or two it'll be back to normal. That's how Xbox was.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-27 04:54:33
August 27 2014 04:51 GMT
#9100
I am pleasantly surprised that I had FUN today while I was playing online. I had about 8 matches without any lag. I wish it would always be this consistent though. It ended when I played a match with 1/2 a second of lag on all my moves >_>.

Ibuki's new kara on her fierce is quite fun to use.

Also everyday I am feeling an improvement in my stick control so that feels good.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Prev 1 453 454 455 456 457 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM838
TKL 293
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 838
ByuN 368
mouzHeroMarine 299
TKL 293
IndyStarCraft 161
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16768
Calm 2660
Shuttle 885
Horang2 399
Dewaltoss 137
Mini 114
Rush 91
Zeus 47
Free 27
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
Trap 21
scan(afreeca) 20
ToSsGirL 17
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Dendi1396
febbydoto14
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe48
Counter-Strike
fl0m5072
pashabiceps1129
Fnx 618
edward18
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King74
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu429
Other Games
Grubby2689
singsing1769
Liquid`RaSZi1589
Beastyqt705
C9.Mang0391
B2W.Neo325
crisheroes204
dupreeh145
QueenE106
Trikslyr95
UpATreeSC73
JuggernautJason19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• EnkiAlexander 28
• Hinosc 15
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV609
• masondota2424
League of Legends
• Nemesis3176
• TFBlade781
Other Games
• imaqtpie703
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 30m
INu's Battles
16h 30m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
18h 30m
OSC
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 4h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.