• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8160 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 453

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 451 452 453 454 455 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 17 2014 20:47 GMT
#9041
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I regularly play against friends who are better than me, I can relate. I just want to not be friends with them anymore at times, it always passes though and I do benefit from playing them more than they do me I'm sure.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-17 21:28:10
August 17 2014 21:25 GMT
#9042
This lag is driving me absolutely nuts. I don't think I've had a single lag free game over the weekend so far. I'm losing to players I shouldn't be losing to because I can't do shit 25% of the time.

Oh yeah I also wanted to ask why Dee Jay is so bad now? I mained Dee Jay in AE but I've yet to play him in Ultra. That nerf on his light sobat seems a bit much. Other than that I don't know?
Not bad for a cat toy.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 17 2014 23:30 GMT
#9043
Well, he just didn't get buff while everyone else did.
He didn't become bad, he's always been bad.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
August 18 2014 00:02 GMT
#9044
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 18 2014 00:29 GMT
#9045
Just play with it rzlly, grave the muscle memory in
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 18 2014 09:40 GMT
#9046
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 18 2014 09:50 GMT
#9047
On August 18 2014 18:40 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.

Any good reason to not use 3K and 3P?
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
August 18 2014 10:03 GMT
#9048
you need the slot if you want to bind select in front so u can plink lp
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 10:25:37
August 18 2014 10:25 GMT
#9049
On August 18 2014 18:50 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 18:40 kuresuti wrote:
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.

Any good reason to not use 3K and 3P?



You can use them if you want, but it's probably faster and better to just practice using the normal method to do EX or Ultras.

The main drawback is by accidentally hitting them when you don't mean to.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
August 18 2014 10:31 GMT
#9050
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I never get mad at my opponents or even my stick, I always get frustrated with my hands because I can never perform combos playing on the left side, it just feels too awkward on my wrist and I get so mad
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 18 2014 14:31 GMT
#9051
On August 18 2014 19:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I never get mad at my opponents or even my stick, I always get frustrated with my hands because I can never perform combos playing on the left side, it just feels too awkward on my wrist and I get so mad

I get super frustrated with myself when I realize I have a preferred side too. I don't notice it as much in street fighter thankfully, but marvel is a terribly embarrassing headache sometimes.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
August 18 2014 15:33 GMT
#9052
On August 18 2014 18:50 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 18:40 kuresuti wrote:
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.

Any good reason to not use 3K and 3P?


For me pressing 3P +3K to do red focus was a better way of doing it for my hand set up. So its only a good reason if you say so
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 18 2014 16:21 GMT
#9053
On August 18 2014 19:25 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 18:50 Firkraag8 wrote:
On August 18 2014 18:40 kuresuti wrote:
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.

Any good reason to not use 3K and 3P?



You can use them if you want, but it's probably faster and better to just practice using the normal method to do EX or Ultras.

The main drawback is by accidentally hitting them when you don't mean to.


I never accidentally hit those buttons, it's all about getting used to it from the start. If he's just starting out with a stick I'd say go 8 buttons for sure. Also I only use them with the pinky for ultras, EX I still hit 2 buttons manually.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 18 2014 19:23 GMT
#9054
On August 18 2014 18:50 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 18:40 kuresuti wrote:
On August 18 2014 09:02 SwatRaven wrote:
I am excited about getting my arcade stick. I ordered it during EVO this year and am finally going to get it on wednesday (hopefully). Any tips for switching from a keyboard? I already have some experience at my friends house and it seems I already have found a comfortable grip and think it will just take time to adjust.


Disable any buttons that aren't the standard six and start/select.

Any good reason to not use 3K and 3P?

I learned to play SF4 with a stick with those buttons, so initially when I was new I used them and never saw the issue. As I improved I actually, consciously or not, started using 2 or 3 of the normal buttons for ultras and EX moves. It was just more comfortable. But that being the case, I still have 3P and 3K on those buttons, I just barely ever use them. There's really no reason NOT to have them unless you frequently tap them accidentally for any reason. If you don't bump them and fuck yourself up, there's no reason to turn em off. I only use them for Viper feints, but I keep them on all the time even though that's <5% of my playing time
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 18 2014 20:33 GMT
#9055
Dunno if this was posted yet, new codes:

[image loading]
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 19 2014 00:14 GMT
#9056
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
August 19 2014 01:09 GMT
#9057
On August 19 2014 09:14 MarlieChurphy wrote:
http://youtu.be/KwFlIeL1Y84


If only they used Indestructible aha.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 19 2014 01:45 GMT
#9058
On August 18 2014 23:31 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 19:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I never get mad at my opponents or even my stick, I always get frustrated with my hands because I can never perform combos playing on the left side, it just feels too awkward on my wrist and I get so mad

I get super frustrated with myself when I realize I have a preferred side too. I don't notice it as much in street fighter thankfully, but marvel is a terribly embarrassing headache sometimes.


I use different combos based on the direction I'm facing. Get on my level.

TBH though it doesn't bother me. Losing matches to execution mistakes will happen, but its easy enough to fix. Losing matches to my bad decisions is what I hate
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
August 19 2014 04:44 GMT
#9059
On August 19 2014 10:45 Trumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 23:31 Duka08 wrote:
On August 18 2014 19:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I never get mad at my opponents or even my stick, I always get frustrated with my hands because I can never perform combos playing on the left side, it just feels too awkward on my wrist and I get so mad

I get super frustrated with myself when I realize I have a preferred side too. I don't notice it as much in street fighter thankfully, but marvel is a terribly embarrassing headache sometimes.


I use different combos based on the direction I'm facing. Get on my level.

TBH though it doesn't bother me. Losing matches to execution mistakes will happen, but its easy enough to fix. Losing matches to my bad decisions is what I hate

Wait why would you different combos? Just easier to execute or special corner combos or...?
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 19 2014 11:48 GMT
#9060
On August 19 2014 13:44 SwatRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2014 10:45 Trumpet wrote:
On August 18 2014 23:31 Duka08 wrote:
On August 18 2014 19:31 Torte de Lini wrote:
On August 18 2014 04:16 Floobie wrote:
I can't help but rage lol. I'm a fairly relaxed person usually but i have an aversion to getting bodied.

I play on steam and i was playing my ass gen vs a very good Dudley called Drivecancel. (He has posts about his videos on eventhubs) I'd lost 9 in a row to him i had no chance but kept playing. In the tenth he hit me with a sick mixup, then later in the round a level 3 focus. I was like "yea i think its time for bed" and ragequit.

He added me after but i was too embarrassed at how dumb i was so i deleted him instead of apologizing lol. Feel like i can never talk to him again now as thinking back i still feel dumb about doing it.


I never get mad at my opponents or even my stick, I always get frustrated with my hands because I can never perform combos playing on the left side, it just feels too awkward on my wrist and I get so mad

I get super frustrated with myself when I realize I have a preferred side too. I don't notice it as much in street fighter thankfully, but marvel is a terribly embarrassing headache sometimes.


I use different combos based on the direction I'm facing. Get on my level.

TBH though it doesn't bother me. Losing matches to execution mistakes will happen, but its easy enough to fix. Losing matches to my bad decisions is what I hate

Wait why would you different combos? Just easier to execute or special corner combos or...?


There are a couple combos I can do facing right that I can't do facing left
Prev 1 451 452 453 454 455 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub269
Nina 174
NeuroSwarm 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14457
NaDa 14
Bale 13
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4107
Liquid`Hasu607
Other Games
summit1g2387
Liquid`RaSZi1932
shahzam506
WinterStarcraft383
ToD346
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason32
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade949
Other Games
• imaqtpie1057
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 33m
INu's Battles
13h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 33m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.