• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:02
CEST 13:02
KST 20:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
https://www.facebook.com/BreathiZen.USD/ ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6331 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 451

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 449 450 451 452 453 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 09:24:49
August 12 2014 09:24 GMT
#9001
Any tips for playing Decapre. After trying her out a bit I actually found her interesting to play
EZ4ENCE
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-12 10:37:48
August 12 2014 10:37 GMT
#9002
learn to use hands (lp) from cr. mk for safe pressure against most of the cast. End combos in hands, slide or air throw for oki, sting for dmg. Good cornerpush from hands. Easy on the scrambles, don't overdo 'em.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 12 2014 13:18 GMT
#9003
On August 12 2014 09:18 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2014 07:26 Sephy90 wrote:
On August 11 2014 15:31 kuresuti wrote:
On August 11 2014 14:22 Sephy90 wrote:
I need some help buying my first stick! Any recommendations? How are the Qanba sticks?


This tier list is probably accurate (because it is posted whenever anyone asks). I have the MadCatz Fightstick Pro (A Tier) and I can't really envision how a stick can possibly be better in terms of quality. I've only owned this stick, but I've had it for awhile now and I handle it pretty rough but it still feels like it just came out of the box.

The general consensus seems to be that you won't come away with a good stick for cheap. Be prepared to put down over 100 dollars for a good stick. Mine costs 130$ currently, but MadCatz have these specials quite often during big tournaments and such, so you can get it much cheaper.

Madcatz doesn't have any fightsticks for pc though right?


Most 360 fightsticks are compatible with PC, just make sure before you buy it that the one you want does. I think even PS3 sticks usually works too but I'm not as sure about them.


Any of the commerical sticks should work fine, especially the brand name ones. If you can't get a dualmodded one, try to make it a Xbox one. The drivers to make PS3 controllers work on PC are pretty wonky and complicated to get to work, while Microsofts own drivers for Xbox controllers work flawlessly.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 12 2014 18:18 GMT
#9004
http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/12/capcom-to-host-opt-in-beta-test-for-ultra-street-fighter-iv-pc-netcode-fixes/

Nice to see Capcom caring.
EZ4ENCE
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
August 13 2014 01:08 GMT
#9005
Is anyone else having connectivity issues? I'm not even sure if it's just people dropping on purpose or not. But it feels like about 1/10th of my matches drop in between rounds. It's coincidentally after I completely destroy them. Either way I gain no points and they lose no points.
Not bad for a cat toy.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-13 02:53:51
August 13 2014 02:52 GMT
#9006
On August 13 2014 10:08 Krohm wrote:
Is anyone else having connectivity issues? I'm not even sure if it's just people dropping on purpose or not. But it feels like about 1/10th of my matches drop in between rounds. It's coincidentally after I completely destroy them. Either way I gain no points and they lose no points.


A lot of people are having connectivity issues.

There's also some that pull the plug or whatever they need to do to keep their points too, I don't really care about it. If points that important to them they can keep it and I get to walk away knowing they're a little bitch for doing so.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
ObeseHydra
Profile Joined March 2013
Brazil196 Posts
August 13 2014 03:07 GMT
#9007
The game is almost unplayable (online, of course) for me. And I thought it was bad in the times of GFWL... =(
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 13 2014 05:20 GMT
#9008


Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
August 13 2014 11:21 GMT
#9009
On August 13 2014 10:08 Krohm wrote:
Is anyone else having connectivity issues? I'm not even sure if it's just people dropping on purpose or not. But it feels like about 1/10th of my matches drop in between rounds. It's coincidentally after I completely destroy them. Either way I gain no points and they lose no points.

If they drop between rounds (lost connection, not player has left the game) it's most likely because you're desynched which also is why you 'completely destroy' them. You don't even see the same thing, on their screen it even might look like they destroyed you.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-13 15:27:34
August 13 2014 15:27 GMT
#9010
2 new prize code titles:

OFU11HD1VC3TJ5 - Bold Cat
XVCXTA1Y16R9AG - Lightning Blast

------------------
old ones:
82SPR56FW3JX48 - Best Combo
0QLBUU3LB7R8WO - Cheers!
2592B6JIV6CR49 - Chocolate-Chip Cookie
LPTPV4J9PMLW5B - Angry Dog
8TGIXJVLEKEHG8 - Capcom Fighter
M42OLW0IHGLGMJ - Better Luck Next Time!
H3EO9O5MZTCMLQ - Breath of Summer
1H98PF2079P43T - Justice till the End
T9N4MH7IIHT3R0 - Pro Animator
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
August 13 2014 15:29 GMT
#9011
On August 13 2014 14:20 Duka08 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMgI2sqXXQ


That reminded me of Ditto lol, when he scrunched up and stuff. Totally the Street Fighter version of Ditto.
User was warned for too many mimes.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 13 2014 16:47 GMT
#9012

In case you guys missed it. I already watched the whole thing.

+ Show Spoiler [Episode spoilers] +
I didn't like it much. I don't really find FlashMetroid very funny, but there were some pretty good moments in these episodes. Gootecks vs Russian wrestling bullshit was the funniest part by far imo
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 13 2014 17:21 GMT
#9013
On August 13 2014 14:20 Duka08 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRMgI2sqXXQ


Tried to replicate than but I couldn't do it on PC. does this happen on consoles or what does it take for this to happen.

Nonetheless, it is an hilarious bug
EZ4ENCE
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 13 2014 18:01 GMT
#9014
These episodes of excellent adventures will be released on youtube as usual right? I can't pay for the access right now.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
August 13 2014 18:03 GMT
#9015
Trying to do 3/4 circle axe kick tsurugis with makoto beating my thumb up on a gamepad :/
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 13 2014 18:12 GMT
#9016
On August 14 2014 03:01 Firkraag8 wrote:
These episodes of excellent adventures will be released on youtube as usual right? I can't pay for the access right now.


Yeah, one every week.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 00:15:50
August 13 2014 23:50 GMT
#9017
On August 12 2014 09:18 Firkraag8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2014 07:26 Sephy90 wrote:
On August 11 2014 15:31 kuresuti wrote:
On August 11 2014 14:22 Sephy90 wrote:
I need some help buying my first stick! Any recommendations? How are the Qanba sticks?


This tier list is probably accurate (because it is posted whenever anyone asks). I have the MadCatz Fightstick Pro (A Tier) and I can't really envision how a stick can possibly be better in terms of quality. I've only owned this stick, but I've had it for awhile now and I handle it pretty rough but it still feels like it just came out of the box.

The general consensus seems to be that you won't come away with a good stick for cheap. Be prepared to put down over 100 dollars for a good stick. Mine costs 130$ currently, but MadCatz have these specials quite often during big tournaments and such, so you can get it much cheaper.

Madcatz doesn't have any fightsticks for pc though right?


Most 360 fightsticks are compatible with PC, just make sure before you buy it that the one you want does. I think even PS3 sticks usually works too but I'm not as sure about them.



yea my friend and I got 360 TE R2's when they were somewhat new and on sale for 150$ bogo back in like 2008 or whatever.
His still works, but mine partially works (probably dropped too many times).
I remember having to install some obscure drivers to finally get it to work on PC, then it was fine.
PS- Sticks always had weird PCB issues where you would have to unplug and reset PC to fix.

BoT, haven't been able to play because lately for a couple of reasons. 1) Been massuploading stuff to friend's server for backups etc for the last 2 weeks. Got about 60 gigs to go or something (out of over 500 I think).
Computer has been crashing randomly, some sort of HDD failure. Might be getting old. Ironic.
Friend's neighbor keeps kidnapping me to her house every day.

What's new with Akuma/E.Ryu ?

PPS- this is neat


saving this for my friend bLANKA STUFF http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/13/ultra-street-fighter-iv-mid-week-community-roundup-siberian-blizzard-combos-blanka-setups-and-more/

according to SRK forums, 48% of players are using PC to play USF4

huge list of bugs and shit http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190962/usf4-bugs-and-improper-set-character-data-list-please-contribute/p1+ Show Spoiler +

Blanka
System Mechanics
Crouching hurtbox causes many inconsistencies and combos uncomboing for multiple characters. Attacks will whiff on a crouching blanka left in neutral but hit a crouch blocking Blanka.
Forward throw causes players to sink into the ground slightly during bite animation making feet clip through floor (Minor graphical issue)
Normals
crMK does not gain additional frame advantage on counterhit New to USF4
crMK hitstop (aka impact freeze) is different for hitting a standing opponent vs a crouching opponent. This makes cancel timing as well as hit confirming more difficult to do consistently. New to USF4
Blanka does not have a hurtboxes designated for the startup frames of any of his close normal attacks, all are based entirely on model and animation.
Angled Jump HP does not have a hurtbox designated at all for the move, it is entirely based on model animation (may be intentional)
Specials
Canceling Surprise Forward (F+PPP) into a reversal OK move will come out 2F slower after the move has already recovered if the new move was input during the surprise forward. The cancel occurs on 24F but the backdash recovers on 22F
Electricity does far below normal chip damage (May be intentional)
When performing extended EX electricity the hitbox is a completely different than regular EX Electricity (May be intentional)
Extended Electricity does less damage and stun than normal electricity. (As this is not how Gen, Chun Li, or E. Honda's rapid button input type moves work I'm not sure if this is intended or an oversight.)
HK Vertical Roll does not properly use it's landing recovery script due to a miss set "flow table" setting. The landing is the normal landing script from an air attack instead of "Vertical_HG" which is a 10F script that should run when Blanka touches the ground. However the period of time it checks for landing only lasts 1F and it's not anywhere close to the frame that Blanka actually touches the ground.
Super/Ultra
If held in a Spin state a cross up Super or Ultra 1 can sometimes uncombo if near the corner as it counts Blanka as having "hit" the wall of the stage and ends the move.
The initial low hit of Ultra 1 does no damage, because of this the move gains no bonus damage on counterhit if the low part is a counterhit. (may be intentional)
If U1 misses the 2nd hit or is held in a spin state for the 3rd hit then the ultra will do 5-10 more damage. Damage can vary between 490 to 500 (may be intentional)
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-14 01:51:27
August 14 2014 01:50 GMT
#9018
I just figured out something useful. I calling it an execution select, not sure what if anyone has used or calls it anything before me.

What you do is input LK+LP+MP+HP while doing a 360 so that it will either EX SPD or regular throw if you missed the arrow inputs. And I suspect that it would also work as an option select versus teching throws and absorb non armor breaking wakeups to SPD them.

I don't think it works if you don't EX, for example just doing LP+LK+360 as an option select.

I also noticed that Hugo jumps a lot lower when you hit a button (specifically punch buttons) on the way up. You can hit it immediately or wait a tiny bit and you will actually see it cancel the higher jumping animation mid air.

So what I was practicing was wall throw, F+HP, FJ+HP to a downed opponent, land, LK+LP+MP+HP+360
It seems like a pretty cool gimmick, might be to slow to be practical though.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 14 2014 02:38 GMT
#9019
On August 14 2014 01:47 kuresuti wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_5UBQunjyY&list=UUTDdH72PnLY1V_ERklKSXMg
In case you guys missed it. I already watched the whole thing.

+ Show Spoiler [Episode spoilers] +
I didn't like it much. I don't really find FlashMetroid very funny, but there were some pretty good moments in these episodes. Gootecks vs Russian wrestling bullshit was the funniest part by far imo


You subbed on their site or something? this is a 3 minute clip.

Anyway, lot of hate towards FM because of this:

[image loading]
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 14 2014 05:01 GMT
#9020
I've purchased the download of every Excellent Adventures since they started releasing them this way (Xmas 2012) and this is the first one I won't be getting. I really don't care for Flash, and I've heard a handful of folks say it's meh overall (mostly cuz Flash). I'll watch them as they release, so be it.
Prev 1 449 450 451 452 453 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
IntoTheiNu 152
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings35
CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko241
OGKoka 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38239
Calm 3460
Shuttle 1272
Bisu 960
Hyuk 366
Stork 310
actioN 297
Soma 280
Zeus 259
Rush 216
[ Show more ]
Mong 176
EffOrt 103
FanTaSy 100
Last 94
Mini 91
Soulkey 90
Light 72
Dewaltoss 71
firebathero 71
Pusan 63
ZerO 58
Shine 52
Bale 46
NotJumperer 42
Killer 41
Free 38
ToSsGirL 37
Shinee 37
Barracks 35
Snow 28
hero 27
Sharp 22
Noble 20
HiyA 19
sorry 17
yabsab 14
Sacsri 13
Aegong 12
JYJ 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5073
League of Legends
JimRising 311
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1320
shoxiejesuss1129
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
gofns32085
summit1g6675
singsing1613
crisheroes237
DeMusliM174
B2W.Neo87
Khaldor28
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick582
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• LUISG 24
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Stunt294
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 58m
OSC
11h 13m
Replay Cast
11h 58m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.