• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:10
CEST 11:10
KST 18:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7816 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 448

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 06 2014 17:22 GMT
#8941
Pretty good patch. The mute mic thingie is great (but not in the patchnotes?). Lag is definitely better, but not as great as back in GFWL. I still sometimes get the freezes except without the waiting for players text, it recovers much faster though so it's much better.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 07 2014 16:46 GMT
#8942
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/aug/07/ultra-street-fighter-4-bug-fix-update-ps3x360arcade-hits-august-8/

Additional bugfix patch, focusing on character flaws.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
August 07 2014 22:01 GMT
#8943
Ultra launches in 2 hours! It's been a long wait, PC brethren!
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 00:42:16
August 08 2014 00:06 GMT
#8944
I already got updated to the achievements for Ultra version on steam even though I don't have it yet. Not really sure what happens or when exactly with my preorder.

Does it go live at 12a tonight? Or what timezone? Do I get sent an email with a code? Does steam alert me? etc.

edit- info for GMG buyers http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/2cx632/usf4_pc_confirmed_release_at_5_pm_pdt8pm_est/
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
August 08 2014 03:24 GMT
#8945
What a great time to be completely broke. I was looking forward to playing Ultra on PC soon as it came out.
Not bad for a cat toy.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 08 2014 03:29 GMT
#8946
just got my code from GMG in my emaiL!
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
August 08 2014 03:37 GMT
#8947
On August 06 2014 07:05 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2014 00:41 Aylear wrote:
[image loading]

The Hitbox Arcade (above) uses a layout that takes time to get used to at first (jump is the bottom-most button? wat), but it's way better than using something like WASD for movement. Reason being you don't have natural access to all the directional buttons at the same time if you use WASD -- to press jump, you have to take your finger off the S key, and a 360 motion (or any motion that includes both down and jump) is this really weird mesh of button presses.

If you put jump on space bar instead of W, your left hand can press all of them simultaneously. I can pull of a 720 very quickly by just rolling the button presses in a very natural way. Like I said, your brain will go "wtf" at first but it makes complete sense.



I'm gonna try this out . I wanna learn hugo and I already use kb because my stick is broken (got a multimeter but not sure how to test/fix it exactly). All I ever did was add a spring and swap out a gate when it was new.

Problem on KB though is you have ghosting shit.

Right now I use wasd and 789 456 and the issue is with holding 8+5 (FA) and dash cancel left with A doesn't register. Previously I had been using 456 123 but then down left and 3 wouldnt register.

So I'm thinking maybe I should just swap to some middle letters like fgh or something and use spacebar like hitbox style. If anyone else wants to try something make sure you test out your inputs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

because its a pain in the ass to try and acclimate to something new only to find out a day or so later that it's got bugs and have to try a whole new setup.

I'm doing the exact same thing! The only 6-key group I have that doesn't ghost is RTYFGH, which is very close to WASD. Even then I still can't do the long combos in the trials at all. Let me know if you can do the long combos with your keyboard.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 03:42:49
August 08 2014 03:40 GMT
#8948
On August 08 2014 12:37 Garnet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 07:05 MarlieChurphy wrote:
On August 01 2014 00:41 Aylear wrote:
[image loading]

The Hitbox Arcade (above) uses a layout that takes time to get used to at first (jump is the bottom-most button? wat), but it's way better than using something like WASD for movement. Reason being you don't have natural access to all the directional buttons at the same time if you use WASD -- to press jump, you have to take your finger off the S key, and a 360 motion (or any motion that includes both down and jump) is this really weird mesh of button presses.

If you put jump on space bar instead of W, your left hand can press all of them simultaneously. I can pull of a 720 very quickly by just rolling the button presses in a very natural way. Like I said, your brain will go "wtf" at first but it makes complete sense.



I'm gonna try this out . I wanna learn hugo and I already use kb because my stick is broken (got a multimeter but not sure how to test/fix it exactly). All I ever did was add a spring and swap out a gate when it was new.

Problem on KB though is you have ghosting shit.

Right now I use wasd and 789 456 and the issue is with holding 8+5 (FA) and dash cancel left with A doesn't register. Previously I had been using 456 123 but then down left and 3 wouldnt register.

So I'm thinking maybe I should just swap to some middle letters like fgh or something and use spacebar like hitbox style. If anyone else wants to try something make sure you test out your inputs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

because its a pain in the ass to try and acclimate to something new only to find out a day or so later that it's got bugs and have to try a whole new setup.

I'm doing the exact same thing! The only 6-key group I have that doesn't ghost is RTYFGH, which is very close to WASD. Even then I still can't do the long combos in the trials at all. Let me know if you can do the long combos with your keyboard.



I can't do the FADC combos mainly because I suck and they are hard. I'm gonna try and use DFGspace and 789 456

edit,SDF works
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
August 08 2014 04:06 GMT
#8949
Is there a way to change the buttons to controller buttons?

I'm just plugging in my ps4 controller and it works fine, but all the keys are displayed as KB
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 04:48:48
August 08 2014 04:33 GMT
#8950
On August 08 2014 13:06 Zidane wrote:
Is there a way to change the buttons to controller buttons?

I'm just plugging in my ps4 controller and it works fine, but all the keys are displayed as KB


Should be able to edit controller and KB, press left or right at the menu.



Unrelated:


How come when I spam LP and v,> to get a hit confirm super with hugo, the super never comes out (or it comes out randomly?)

Can't do Ultra 720 either, I changed buttons to SDFspace, and all you need to do is jump and press sdf_sdf_PPP but it just does EX 360 instead >_<
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 05:01:10
August 08 2014 04:34 GMT
#8951
HERE WE GO

Time to learn Elena and Poison

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/2cxr3j/psa_pc_ultra_players_can_get_the_alternate/cjk2ysk
EZ4ENCE
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 05:13:19
August 08 2014 05:12 GMT
#8952
On August 08 2014 13:34 WindWolf wrote:
HERE WE GO

Time to learn Elena and Poison

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/SF4/comments/2cxr3j/psa_pc_ultra_players_can_get_the_alternate/cjk2ysk



Doesn't work for me, on windows XP sp3, using this instead:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsernameHere\My Documents\CAPCOM\SFTK\savedata

PS- Have to close out steam and the game for it to work (will show a popup saying you got the data and press OK)
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 06:41:35
August 08 2014 05:23 GMT
#8953
lol hugo alt 1 cosplay
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
August 08 2014 05:37 GMT
#8954
Hey guys is Ultra worth a buy? I'm thinking about getting it because it looks incredible and I love SF, but I'm wondering if its worth the price tag right now or if I should wait.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 06:20:19
August 08 2014 06:15 GMT
#8955
On August 08 2014 13:33 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2014 13:06 Zidane wrote:
Is there a way to change the buttons to controller buttons?

I'm just plugging in my ps4 controller and it works fine, but all the keys are displayed as KB


Should be able to edit controller and KB, press left or right at the menu.



Unrelated:


How come when I spam LP and v,> to get a hit confirm super with hugo, the super never comes out (or it comes out randomly?)

Can't do Ultra 720 either, I changed buttons to SDFspace, and all you need to do is jump and press sdf_sdf_PPP but it just does EX 360 instead >_<


If you're chaining the LPs together then the super won't come out because chained normals aren't cancelable. You have to link the LP instead, but because the startup is (5f for crouching, 6f for standing), the only moves that can link into LP are d,d+mk (the overhead that goes over fireballs, +5 on hit) and any of his palms.

For the 720 that should work fine, just make sure that all your inputs are reflected properly in training mode. You also only need to do sdf_sd if it's anything like the other 720 motions in the game (only 6 directions required, but one of them must be up).

On August 08 2014 14:37 docvoc wrote:
Hey guys is Ultra worth a buy? I'm thinking about getting it because it looks incredible and I love SF, but I'm wondering if its worth the price tag right now or if I should wait.


Absolutely. It's very inexpensive for a fighting game even if you don't have a previous version of SF4, and if you do it becomes a steal. Ultra is going to reinvigorate the SF4 scene yet again and you'll have ample opportunity to play against veteran players and new players alike.
Moderator
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 08 2014 06:44 GMT
#8956
Chained normals aren't cancelable? wtf? I assume you're not including other normals because he can cancel them into themselves 4 times and they come out super fast.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 08 2014 07:26 GMT
#8957
Wake up, free from work, Ultra available LET'S GOOOOOO!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 08 2014 07:29 GMT
#8958
Despite Ultra releasing, I'm not going to play online for a while because in about a week I'll be traveling for a bit over a week and then I have a new computer incoming later this month (or at least the orders for the parts).

Gonna be lots of fun when I get the computer though.Will be able to play this game in 1440p and such.
EZ4ENCE
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 08:05:42
August 08 2014 08:02 GMT
#8959
On August 08 2014 15:44 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Chained normals aren't cancelable? wtf? I assume you're not including other normals because he can cancel them into themselves 4 times and they come out super fast.

When one talk about cancles it means that the normal cancel into specials or supers. A normal "canceled" into another normal is a chain and a normal that has been chained cannot be canceled.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-08 08:06:17
August 08 2014 08:04 GMT
#8960
On August 08 2014 17:02 Aando wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2014 15:44 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Chained normals aren't cancelable? wtf? I assume you're not including other normals because he can cancel them into themselves 4 times and they come out super fast.

When one talk about cancles it means that the normal cancel into specials or supers. A normal "canceled" into another normal is a chain and a normal that has be chained cannot be cancled in that combo.

That's not true in any other fighting game.


Anyway, why aren't there trials for any of the new characters, even yun and e.ryu still dont have any. Are they going to DLC that or something? wtf

PS- anyone else noticing super high temps or freezing on their PC with this game?

Normally system is at like 26°c and when the game is one it;s up to like 44°c
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Prev 1 446 447 448 449 450 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4153
Calm 2682
Leta 2666
Soulkey 483
Soma 348
Rush 221
Barracks 206
BeSt 183
firebathero 51
Killer 48
[ Show more ]
Shine 36
Shinee 33
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sharp 18
Noble 7
sorry 7
HiyA 5
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc2372
XcaliburYe154
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns15647
WinterStarcraft723
Sick188
Pyrionflax156
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 52
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Jankos2748
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
50m
Patches Events
5h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 50m
OSC
13h 50m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.