• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:38
CEST 18:38
KST 01:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War235.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8539 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 447

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 445 446 447 448 449 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
August 01 2014 10:00 GMT
#8921
Decided to spend quite a few hours in training mode actually learning some combos, started from landing extremely few simple 2L, 1M, Spiral Arrow combos as Cammy to landing at least 75%. It was intimidating at first but it's really just repetition. All I've been doing these past few weeks were practicing footsies and blocking and such, going to see if I can land some of these combos in actual matches once ultra hits for PC.

Love this game so far. It's so rewarding once you learn something new, and it happens every day.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 01 2014 13:19 GMT
#8922
On August 01 2014 19:00 Firkraag8 wrote:
Love this game so far. It's so rewarding once you learn something new, and it happens every day.


It might be one of the biggest reasons I like this game. You actually notice that you are improving (as opposed to SC where you do get better, but it doesn't really feel like it). Rewards from learning new stuff is reaped almost immediately.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
August 01 2014 14:06 GMT
#8923
On August 01 2014 19:00 Firkraag8 wrote:
Decided to spend quite a few hours in training mode actually learning some combos, started from landing extremely few simple 2L, 1M, Spiral Arrow combos as Cammy to landing at least 75%. It was intimidating at first but it's really just repetition. All I've been doing these past few weeks were practicing footsies and blocking and such, going to see if I can land some of these combos in actual matches once ultra hits for PC.

Love this game so far. It's so rewarding once you learn something new, and it happens every day.

I sit in training mode and practice combos for hours sometimes, watching shows in the background and what not. It's all muscle memory and repetition. Then in a match you can focus 100% on your neutral game, and when you get a meaty jump-in or they whiff a DP you suddenly bust out a double FADC combo before your brain even realizes what your hands are doing
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 01 2014 15:11 GMT
#8924
I would like to main sagat. Does anyone have a good starting guide or resources for him?
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-01 15:43:27
August 01 2014 15:40 GMT
#8925
On August 02 2014 00:11 amazingxkcd wrote:
I would like to main sagat. Does anyone have a good starting guide or resources for him?


I main Sagat. I don't have any resources except the Sagat forums on SRK (which should have everything you need).

I'm not great by any means but some things I've learned are:

- You will win most games by spamming fireballs at long and medium ranges and punishing jumpins.

- The fw.HK combo after a counterhit Tiger Uppercut is your best friend. Super easy to do and you will use it a lot. You will realize quickly that juggling into ultra after the fw.HK is also very easy. This might be one of the easiest high damage combos you can perform in this game.

- Throw fireballs and randomly put in a jab or short to bait jumpins and then proceed to do the combo above

- Some good normals to check out are st.HK at medium range, cr.HP at medium range, cr.MK at any range and st.LK at any range.

I know three combos, the one I mentioned above, a jumpin or punish BNB (I do st.MP into Tiger Uppercut or Knee sometimes) and cr.MK into Tiger Shot.

This is literally everything I ever do with Sagat. If I get cornered and need to get out I just try to land a knockdown somehow. Sagat doesn't just flee from anyone with his worthless dashes.

I can't do FADC into Ultra consistently yet, but aside from that I don't know of anything else noteworthy about Sagat to be honest. He isn't quite as complicated as some of the cast is

EDIT: Also I think his focus attack is awful, I'd use it sparingly (unless for FADC that is).
OoFuzer
Profile Joined July 2008
Chile436 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-03 08:28:13
August 03 2014 08:26 GMT
#8926
On August 01 2014 19:00 Firkraag8 wrote:
Decided to spend quite a few hours in training mode actually learning some combos, started from landing extremely few simple 2L, 1M, Spiral Arrow combos as Cammy to landing at least 75%. It was intimidating at first but it's really just repetition. All I've been doing these past few weeks were practicing footsies and blocking and such, going to see if I can land some of these combos in actual matches once ultra hits for PC.

Love this game so far. It's so rewarding once you learn something new, and it happens every day.


Doing exactly the same. Bought a Hori stick and now i'm training combos and timings.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
August 04 2014 05:04 GMT
#8927
[image loading]



This gif has to be one of the best of the months. This was the same event Daigo got baited by a PS4 too hahaha.
Forever Young
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
August 04 2014 13:53 GMT
#8928

Ok this video is insane o.o
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
August 04 2014 20:54 GMT
#8929
Oh man was that ever great fun. Thanks for the video. =)
TL+ Member
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
August 04 2014 21:20 GMT
#8930
On August 04 2014 14:04 sung_moon wrote:
[image loading]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsst2Nd6BM

This gif has to be one of the best of the months. This was the same event Daigo got baited by a PS4 too hahaha.


WTF? LOL

Who was actually playing Daigo? It doesn't seem like the kid could be paying attention to the screen while he was beasting out on his controller.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 04 2014 23:27 GMT
#8931
On July 25 2014 18:22 mikedebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2014 09:15 MarlieChurphy wrote:
On July 23 2014 00:51 Noocta wrote:
On July 23 2014 00:31 Garfailed wrote:
Thats not the only thing though, in challenge for example, i have to do: (akuma)
Jump [H] kick
Stand [H] punch
[L] tatsumaki zankukyaku
goshoryuken

the first 2 are easy, but when i try the zankukyaku thing, the ai already blocks, so for some reason i can't chain that either


Because you need to cancel the stand heavy punch into it
Do the motion for it just when the heavy punch hit, Akuma will cancel the recovery of the punch into the special move. That's called special canceling.


If he simply watches the beginner video I posted it explains chains, links, buffering, confirming etc.


I just started playing the game, and that video you posted is really super amazing for a beginner. There was a bunch of stuff explained concisely in there that I hadn't managed to process by watching other beginner videos, reading guides, or tinkering on my own.



Yea it really was. I watched it even though I didn't need to because the guy was so good. He only left out a few minor details I would have included.


Anyway, here is a great post from SRK with links to combos and shit

http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/03/ultra-street-fighter-iv-weekend-community-roundup-multi-character-combos-an-awkward-decapre-unblockable-and-more/
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-04 23:30:43
August 04 2014 23:28 GMT
#8932
On August 05 2014 06:20 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2014 14:04 sung_moon wrote:
[image loading]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsst2Nd6BM

This gif has to be one of the best of the months. This was the same event Daigo got baited by a PS4 too hahaha.


WTF? LOL

Who was actually playing Daigo? It doesn't seem like the kid could be paying attention to the screen while he was beasting out on his controller.



I hope you guys realize that he is mocking Justin wong from the infamous daigo parry video. LOL

RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 12:29 GMT
#8933
On August 05 2014 08:28 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2014 06:20 andrewlt wrote:
On August 04 2014 14:04 sung_moon wrote:
[image loading]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsst2Nd6BM

This gif has to be one of the best of the months. This was the same event Daigo got baited by a PS4 too hahaha.


WTF? LOL

Who was actually playing Daigo? It doesn't seem like the kid could be paying attention to the screen while he was beasting out on his controller.



I hope you guys realize that he is mocking Justin wong from the infamous daigo parry video. LOL

http://youtu.be/DJ9KxfgZ3gI?t=1m15s

Wow I've never seen it from that angle before. That's pretty hilarious. Funny how so many of the "EVO moments" involve Justin Wong.
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
August 05 2014 21:55 GMT
#8934
On July 26 2014 02:45 WindWolf wrote:
2 weeks till Ultra arrives for PC! Will play lots of Elena and Poison when it arrives!


Its actually bullshit, preorders dont go through til the 8th and retail PC box version you can pickup today.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-05 22:07:02
August 05 2014 22:05 GMT
#8935
On August 01 2014 00:41 Aylear wrote:
[image loading]

The Hitbox Arcade (above) uses a layout that takes time to get used to at first (jump is the bottom-most button? wat), but it's way better than using something like WASD for movement. Reason being you don't have natural access to all the directional buttons at the same time if you use WASD -- to press jump, you have to take your finger off the S key, and a 360 motion (or any motion that includes both down and jump) is this really weird mesh of button presses.

If you put jump on space bar instead of W, your left hand can press all of them simultaneously. I can pull of a 720 very quickly by just rolling the button presses in a very natural way. Like I said, your brain will go "wtf" at first but it makes complete sense.



I'm gonna try this out . I wanna learn hugo and I already use kb because my stick is broken (got a multimeter but not sure how to test/fix it exactly). All I ever did was add a spring and swap out a gate when it was new.

Problem on KB though is you have ghosting shit.

Right now I use wasd and 789 456 and the issue is with holding 8+5 (FA) and dash cancel left with A doesn't register. Previously I had been using 456 123 but then down left and 3 wouldnt register.

So I'm thinking maybe I should just swap to some middle letters like fgh or something and use spacebar like hitbox style. If anyone else wants to try something make sure you test out your inputs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/content/projects/KeyboardGhostingDemo.aspx

because its a pain in the ass to try and acclimate to something new only to find out a day or so later that it's got bugs and have to try a whole new setup.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 05 2014 22:16 GMT
#8936
I'm gonna be honest, if you can play Hugo on keyboarrd you're a master.
His inputs are all messed up and shortcuts don't work for his command grabs. Good luck doing perfect 360 that need to end up UP or else you don't get the move.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
August 06 2014 01:31 GMT
#8937
On August 06 2014 06:55 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 02:45 WindWolf wrote:
2 weeks till Ultra arrives for PC! Will play lots of Elena and Poison when it arrives!


Its actually bullshit, preorders dont go through til the 8th and retail PC box version you can pickup today.


Is there a PC Retail Box? I thought pc was digital only now
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 06 2014 04:59 GMT
#8938
On August 06 2014 10:31 pachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 06:55 MarlieChurphy wrote:
On July 26 2014 02:45 WindWolf wrote:
2 weeks till Ultra arrives for PC! Will play lots of Elena and Poison when it arrives!


Its actually bullshit, preorders dont go through til the 8th and retail PC box version you can pickup today.


Is there a PC Retail Box? I thought pc was digital only now

I don't remember the last time I bought anything boxed for PC. Guess that's what happens when you use Steam alot
EZ4ENCE
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 06 2014 14:16 GMT
#8939
Two small patches hit AE on steam today (one ~7MB, one ~2MB). After a quick look on reddit, the game's netcode seems to have been improved a bit.
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 06 2014 16:53 GMT
#8940
Here's the patch notes

http://steamcommunity.com/games/45760#announcements/detail/165824704811692809
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 445 446 447 448 449 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27893
Calm 6522
Bisu 1993
Jaedong 1422
Larva 720
BeSt 499
Light 455
Soma 451
Stork 360
Snow 315
[ Show more ]
Rush 287
ZerO 234
Free 145
Barracks 113
Zeus 106
Mind 106
910 95
Killer 38
Trap 36
Shinee 34
Hyun 33
Terrorterran 32
ToSsGirL 27
Rock 22
Aegong 22
Bale 21
sorry 16
Sexy 11
soO 11
Sacsri 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8420
XaKoH 410
Counter-Strike
fl0m4071
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko893
B2W.Neo673
FrodaN630
crisheroes540
Beastyqt301
mouzStarbuck252
DeMusliM194
Livibee172
Hui .166
RotterdaM135
C9.Mang099
Trikslyr96
KnowMe77
QueenE76
Mew2King48
BRAT_OK 37
edward22
ZerO(Twitch)20
MindelVK17
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2686
Other Games
• Shiphtur800
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.