• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:53
CEST 00:53
KST 07:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9253 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 408

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 406 407 408 409 410 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
March 03 2014 05:43 GMT
#8141
USA USA USA !
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 03 2014 05:43 GMT
#8142
Great stuff to both players. Infiltration has definitely inspired me to pick up Chun again, his use of j.MP and j.HK air-to-air was really unbelievable.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 03 2014 05:47 GMT
#8143
I still can't believe a Chun Li almost won a major.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
March 03 2014 05:53 GMT
#8144
Chun should be pretty good with her Ultra changes too! Man SCR was great this year.. Next I believe it's Final Round? Let's see if it can match the hype of this tourney!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-03 06:10:42
March 03 2014 06:09 GMT
#8145
Really hope tournaments are willing to ignore the "evo standard" and let the old versions rock, at least for a while. Vanilla gief with the lariat hitbox on his knees... and vanilla seth to destroy him. ahhh rose rufus & abel U2 back, gonna be silly but great.

We let O.Ken, Sagat, Hawk etc rock for ST and let people play CE characters in anniversary edition. Also evo ran ps3 sf4 & mvc3, 2/3 mvc3 (before 10am lolol), doubles sfxt, ps3 mvc2, brawl with items, planned to allow HDR akuma (snake eyez owes damdai his evo win for saving him there), etc etc. Just because evo does it doesn't make it how everyone has to play :D

That Kbrad how to cammy tutorial video on ESGN about to get a lot more views I bet
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
March 03 2014 07:52 GMT
#8146
Until the game is out or more information is given, it's just all speculation on whether it will be standard or not for competitive play. This feature wasn't a joke mode for SSF2T since the feature was left on by default for competitive play, so it isn't farfetched to think that wouldn't be the case for USF4 if you look back at history. If Capcom makes this feature on by default for competitive play, then Evo will run it given that they have always ran the default or arcade version settings with past games at first.

On another note, I always wondered why Capcom added the delayed wake-up mechanic when they can just nerf some of the vortexes for Ultra. Could it be that Capcom is balancing the game with old characters in mind?!?! After all old characters were really powerful damage wise and frame data wise, but they will LOSE the ability to use new mechanics such as wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras, new buffs. In ST, old characters lost the ability to use super moves and soften damage after a throw tech, but were still often superior to their latest versions. But for ultra, would new mechanics like the wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras and unique Ultra buffs be enough to balance it out against older character versions of the game? Or will we just have another repeat.. if it's a repeat than I hope this feature isn't on by default.

Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
March 03 2014 08:14 GMT
#8147
On March 03 2014 16:52 Hokay wrote:
Until the game is out or more information is given, it's just all speculation on whether it will be standard or not for competitive play. This feature wasn't a joke mode for SSF2T since the feature was left on by default for competitive play, so it isn't farfetched to think that wouldn't be the case for USF4 if you look back at history. If Capcom makes this feature on by default for competitive play, then Evo will run it given that they have always ran the default or arcade version settings with past games at first.

On another note, I always wondered why Capcom added the delayed wake-up mechanic when they can just nerf some of the vortexes for Ultra. Could it be that Capcom is balancing the game with old characters in mind?!?! After all old characters were really powerful damage wise and frame data wise, but they will LOSE the ability to use new mechanics such as wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras, new buffs. In ST, old characters lost the ability to use super moves and soften damage after a throw tech, but were still often superior to their latest versions. But for ultra, would new mechanics like the wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras and unique Ultra buffs be enough to balance it out against older character versions of the game? Or will we just have another repeat.. if it's a repeat than I hope this feature isn't on by default.



There's really only one concern I have about it, and that's AE Yun. I think he was far and away The Most Broken character in SF4's history. Even the changes to the game system in Ultra, as well as the past (and future) incarnations of other characters, won't be enough to tackle him. I wouldn't mind seeing a major or two test it out just to gauge the reaction from players and spectators, but I'd be very cautious about Evo acceptance of what could easily turn out to be a horribly broken mode. I remember there was a similar amount of hype built up around UMvC3's Heroes and Heralds mode because you could customize your play experience, but it turned out to be so off the wall that it could never fly competitively.
Moderator
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
March 03 2014 09:24 GMT
#8148
Infiltration is a god. After that and the Hakan pick at Evo...

ALL PRAISE OUR KOREAN OVERLORD
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
March 03 2014 12:34 GMT
#8149
On March 03 2014 17:14 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2014 16:52 Hokay wrote:
Until the game is out or more information is given, it's just all speculation on whether it will be standard or not for competitive play. This feature wasn't a joke mode for SSF2T since the feature was left on by default for competitive play, so it isn't farfetched to think that wouldn't be the case for USF4 if you look back at history. If Capcom makes this feature on by default for competitive play, then Evo will run it given that they have always ran the default or arcade version settings with past games at first.

On another note, I always wondered why Capcom added the delayed wake-up mechanic when they can just nerf some of the vortexes for Ultra. Could it be that Capcom is balancing the game with old characters in mind?!?! After all old characters were really powerful damage wise and frame data wise, but they will LOSE the ability to use new mechanics such as wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras, new buffs. In ST, old characters lost the ability to use super moves and soften damage after a throw tech, but were still often superior to their latest versions. But for ultra, would new mechanics like the wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras and unique Ultra buffs be enough to balance it out against older character versions of the game? Or will we just have another repeat.. if it's a repeat than I hope this feature isn't on by default.



There's really only one concern I have about it, and that's AE Yun. I think he was far and away The Most Broken character in SF4's history. Even the changes to the game system in Ultra, as well as the past (and future) incarnations of other characters, won't be enough to tackle him. I wouldn't mind seeing a major or two test it out just to gauge the reaction from players and spectators, but I'd be very cautious about Evo acceptance of what could easily turn out to be a horribly broken mode. I remember there was a similar amount of hype built up around UMvC3's Heroes and Heralds mode because you could customize your play experience, but it turned out to be so off the wall that it could never fly competitively.


I would say he's most broken compare with the rest of the AE cast. I can see the Vanilla/Supers character giving him a good fight tho.
Fan of the Jangbanger
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 03 2014 13:18 GMT
#8150
oh man should not have stayed up watching this. Good games but I'm so tired now.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 03 2014 13:49 GMT
#8151
As said, All edition mode is basically Vanilla Sagat / Seth / Akuma + Super Honda / Super Guile + AE Yun / Maybe AE Fei Long

Everything else is shit against those, and Vanilla Sagat + AE Yun dominate that list already.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
March 03 2014 15:18 GMT
#8152
Anywhere I can watch those matches again? That sounds really good.

Btw, I don't like the new version system. At all. It just makes things messy and stupid. Yes, some versions will have been stronger. But as the balance is better now, there is no need to play those again. Pros will be using tournament characters anyway, it's pointless to practice other characters, and casual players won't even notice a lot of the differences ( I know I won't, I can't link much anyway). There's about 3-5 characters that everyone will try out, such as Vanilla Sagat or AE Yun, but apart from that, it's hardly interesting. Instead of this, I'd have liked it better if they displayed the costumes and the colors in the character selection screen as a new feature.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-03 15:25:20
March 03 2014 15:25 GMT
#8153
I'm currently in a spot where I, as a "casual" player is currently playing 5 different characters (Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Guy, Juri, Rose) and it's gonna be crazy if I'm gonna have to learn all versions that has ever existed of these characters
EZ4ENCE
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
March 03 2014 15:29 GMT
#8154
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive click videos
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
March 03 2014 18:52 GMT
#8155
well i'll use super version of claw to try the true setups at last :D:D:D
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 03 2014 19:02 GMT
#8156
On March 04 2014 00:25 WindWolf wrote:
I'm currently in a spot where I, as a "casual" player is currently playing 5 different characters (Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Guy, Juri, Rose) and it's gonna be crazy if I'm gonna have to learn all versions that has ever existed of these characters


That's actually the only reason I currently like as to why we shouldn't allow them. I think SF4 already has too many matchups to learn as it is, multiplying that by 4 sounds pretty intimidating for any new players. At worst, it will still be an incredibly fun mode for those of us that have been playing since the beginning.

Also I think people are living in fear of AE yun and vanilla sagat way too much. They didn't even win evo or all that many tournaments in general. I don't even think they were necessarily the best in their respective games. I can't wait for everyone to bust out vanilla sagat thinking they'll be unstoppable only to get tagged by akuma infinites
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-03 20:03:58
March 03 2014 19:57 GMT
#8157
Will USF4 be released on console & PC simultaneously? If not how long do we have to wait? Kinda wish I didn't sell off my Xbox 360s now.

On March 03 2014 22:49 Noocta wrote:
As said, All edition mode is basically Vanilla Sagat / Seth / Akuma + Super Honda / Super Guile + AE Yun / Maybe AE Fei Long

Everything else is shit against those, and Vanilla Sagat + AE Yun dominate that list already.


It's been confirmed as a mode? Or is it built into the game like ST, or gems in SFxT? Meaning you can't turn it off completely and it's intended to be played that way.


Aluma is up there too. Vanilla Sagat was power checked by vanilla Akuma's jab x rh loop, vortexes, and strong fireball game. Vanilla Sagat doesn't have delayed wake-up to combat that, or ultra 2 for fireball wars, so Ultra Sagat could possibly be a better pick for the matchup.

I haven't been paying much attention to Ultra updates, so what I will say might sound stupid, but I think Ultra Sagat could overall be better than Vanilla Sagat. He won't have his old crazy damage, but he will have more utility that may reward more solid Sagat players. Didn't Ultra Sagat get back his standing short cancel too? That's a huge part of his old game plan up close.

On March 03 2014 17:14 Excalibur_Z wrote:

Show nested quote +
On March 03 2014 16:52 Hokay wrote:
Until the game is out or more information is given, it's just all speculation on whether it will be standard or not for competitive play. This feature wasn't a joke mode for SSF2T since the feature was left on by default for competitive play, so it isn't farfetched to think that wouldn't be the case for USF4 if you look back at history. If Capcom makes this feature on by default for competitive play, then Evo will run it given that they have always ran the default or arcade version settings with past games at first.

On another note, I always wondered why Capcom added the delayed wake-up mechanic when they can just nerf some of the vortexes for Ultra. Could it be that Capcom is balancing the game with old characters in mind?!?! After all old characters were really powerful damage wise and frame data wise, but they will LOSE the ability to use new mechanics such as wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras, new buffs. In ST, old characters lost the ability to use super moves and soften damage after a throw tech, but were still often superior to their latest versions. But for ultra, would new mechanics like the wake-up delay, red focus, 2 ultras and unique Ultra buffs be enough to balance it out against older character versions of the game? Or will we just have another repeat.. if it's a repeat than I hope this feature isn't on by default.



There's really only one concern I have about it, and that's AE Yun. I think he was far and away The Most Broken character in SF4's history. Even the changes to the game system in Ultra, as well as the past (and future) incarnations of other characters, won't be enough to tackle him. I wouldn't mind seeing a major or two test it out just to gauge the reaction from players and spectators, but I'd be very cautious about Evo acceptance of what could easily turn out to be a horribly broken mode. I remember there was a similar amount of hype built up around UMvC3's Heroes and Heralds mode because you could customize your play experience, but it turned out to be so off the wall that it could never fly competitively.


Yeah I'd say AE Yun is a huge concern, but what if AE in USF4 is just the latest version 2012?


edit: nm i 'm stupid. I missed the part where you can indeed pick the first version of AE.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 03 2014 20:03 GMT
#8158
Thank god, according to Ayano, the joke mode will be restricted to offline only:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2014/03/03_7725.html
We found Dove in a soapless place.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
March 03 2014 20:04 GMT
#8159
It will be released for the PC in August

The mode is confirmed but will not be available in ranked play. I hope tournaments won't use it either, but they probably won't so I'm not worried.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
March 03 2014 20:06 GMT
#8160
On March 04 2014 05:03 Cel.erity wrote:
Thank god, according to Ayano, the joke mode will be restricted to offline only:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2014/03/03_7725.html


Good no more speculation. I wouldn't have minded as standard competitive play but that's just nostalgia talking.
Prev 1 406 407 408 409 410 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 128
Nathanias 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 583
910 27
MaD[AoV]24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox509
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Other Games
summit1g8742
shahzam294
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
gamesdonequick0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21420
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur768
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 8m
Patches Events
17h 8m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.