• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9980 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 387

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 385 386 387 388 389 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 17:13:43
January 01 2014 17:12 GMT
#7721
I play a lot tho. It's been a year but I have more than 2300 hours logged into the game on Steam ( there's a few nights of afk in there but still over 1500h of play time overall ) and I choose my main very early on without hesitation. I had a light year work wise.

Also had the chance of having people to play with a LOT when I started. 3 people hovering around 2k PP at the time, that taught me the game one 0-50 session at a time before I even started ranked play. ( Not joking, I have screenshots of those )
I can beat these guys up pretty hard now, even got one of them to complain about Mak. =)
And Makoto has the luck of being one of the character with the most information out there also.

Got the same feeling as when I finally reached Master in sc2, but this time I have a community around me, which is nice for a change.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 17:48:54
January 01 2014 17:47 GMT
#7722
On January 02 2014 02:12 Noocta wrote:
I play a lot tho. It's been a year but I have more than 2300 hours logged into the game on Steam ( there's a few nights of afk in there but still over 1500h of play time overall ) and I choose my main very early on without hesitation. I had a light year work wise.

Also had the chance of having people to play with a LOT when I started. 3 people hovering around 2k PP at the time, that taught me the game one 0-50 session at a time before I even started ranked play. ( Not joking, I have screenshots of those )
I can beat these guys up pretty hard now, even got one of them to complain about Mak. =)
And Makoto has the luck of being one of the character with the most information out there also.

Got the same feeling as when I finally reached Master in sc2, but this time I have a community around me, which is nice for a change.

Putting in the work is just as impressive! That's a lotta hours. Ridiculous patience haha.

I've been playing a lot of Makoto lately. Such a fun character. There are aspects of her that seem to fit my style a lot, but it might also just be the fact that every time I play a new character I play smarter (or correctly) since bad habits seem to cling to specific characters. For me at least.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 01 2014 18:13 GMT
#7723
On January 02 2014 02:12 Noocta wrote:
I play a lot tho. It's been a year but I have more than 2300 hours logged into the game on Steam ( there's a few nights of afk in there but still over 1500h of play time overall ) and I choose my main very early on without hesitation. I had a light year work wise.

Also had the chance of having people to play with a LOT when I started. 3 people hovering around 2k PP at the time, that taught me the game one 0-50 session at a time before I even started ranked play. ( Not joking, I have screenshots of those )
I can beat these guys up pretty hard now, even got one of them to complain about Mak. =)
And Makoto has the luck of being one of the character with the most information out there also.

Got the same feeling as when I finally reached Master in sc2, but this time I have a community around me, which is nice for a change.

Man, that is a lot of hours put into a game. And I thought that 100 hours in two months in Euro Truck Sim 2 was much
EZ4ENCE
Skirmjan
Profile Joined October 2012
Italy190 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 18:53:59
January 01 2014 18:53 GMT
#7724
Super Street Fighter AE(i suppose 2012?) is in the steam flash sales (for the next 7 hours at the time i'm writing this) at the very affordable price of 4,99€ or regional equivalent;

I was thinking about picking it up but i'm very worried about Games for Windows live imminent demise which would render multiplayer unplayable (yea i know that SF4 multi isn't the best netcode-wise, but even a bad multiplayer is better than no multiplayer)

has something been announced to keep the SSF4 multiplayer possible (without buying the upcoming SF4 Ultra) or will it perish along with the horrible GFWL?
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
January 01 2014 18:56 GMT
#7725
Nothing has been announced as far as I know but I work under the assumption that AE wont be migrated to steam and will be rendered useless for online play.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
January 02 2014 15:36 GMT
#7726
On January 02 2014 03:13 WindWolf wrote:
Man, that is a lot of hours put into a game. And I thought that 100 hours in two months in Euro Truck Sim 2 was much


Dude, 100 hours of Euro truck sim? like, just driving around Europe slowly, delivering shit? Sounds oddly relaxing :p

Grats Noocta btw, I believe France has a healthy offline scene right?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 02 2014 16:21 GMT
#7727
On January 03 2014 00:36 2stra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 03:13 WindWolf wrote:
Man, that is a lot of hours put into a game. And I thought that 100 hours in two months in Euro Truck Sim 2 was much


Dude, 100 hours of Euro truck sim? like, just driving around Europe slowly, delivering shit? Sounds oddly relaxing :p

It is, especially if you listen to a podcast while driving. But I think there are 2 main points to as of why you can sink so much time into the game

+ Show Spoiler +

1: The game engine actually works. There is a difference between driving with and without trailer. The length and weight of the trailer also matters
2: There is more than just driving your truck around, it's also a (albeit simple) business management game as well

_____

Anyway, back to AE. I need help to combat my scumbag brain.

When I switch characters during the same playing session in AE, it takes a while before my brain has adopted that I'm playing as another character (playing Rose while thinking you are playing Chun-Li doesn't work so well). But this doesn't happen when I play Skulllgirls weirdly enough. I don't know why,
EZ4ENCE
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 02 2014 16:32 GMT
#7728
On January 03 2014 01:21 WindWolf wrote:
Anyway, back to AE. I need help to combat my scumbag brain.

When I switch characters during the same playing session in AE, it takes a while before my brain has adopted that I'm playing as another character (playing Rose while thinking you are playing Chun-Li doesn't work so well). But this doesn't happen when I play Skulllgirls weirdly enough. I don't know why,

I hate when this happens haha. I switch chars frequently, and never have this issue, UNTIL I play a few rounds with Viper. Then for the next half a dozen games after I switch OFF of Viper, I'm doing tons of accidental air tatsus loooool.
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
January 02 2014 16:43 GMT
#7729
lol this happens to me too when I go from Sagat to Dudley.
My opponent jumps in and I go for s.HK thinking this big long kick is gonna come out, but instead I get a little short punch that hits nothing and then I get kicked in the face.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 03 2014 11:48 GMT
#7730


I... I didn't know this kind of Shenanigans where possible
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 03 2014 12:42 GMT
#7731
Well, that super pretty much hit you if you're airborne and on the screen. Probably a similar grab hitbox than Gief Ultra2.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 14:54:37
January 03 2014 14:43 GMT
#7732
On January 03 2014 20:48 WindWolf wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K2bOc40F0k

I... I didn't know this kind of Shenanigans where possible

It's because the backdash is airborne, much like Gief U2 hitting back dashes. Funny accidental option select there: if they don't block and get hit, the instant air demon will juggle, and if they focus back dash the tatsu, the demon catches the back dash lol.

Air demon has lots of tricks. It's fun. I need to work on my instant air demons (the input/timing) a lot because some of the setups are extremely practical (catch them high in jump with L.Shoryu, cross up air tatsus, back air jetpack similar to U1, etc.)



Examples ^

and it's because of the hit box lol

http://imgur.com/PC5kBJJ

It's fun to mess around with / practice with / style with on infinite meter in training mode, because you can FADC Shoryu into it, etc.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 04 2014 12:47 GMT
#7733
http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/03/ultra-street-fighter-ivs-mysterious-fifth-character-pulled-from-street-fighter-comics/

Why can't just Capcom tell us who the last character is already?!
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 04 2014 13:50 GMT
#7734
Man...
I just played my first serious Oni in endless.
Fuck that match up. Oni is such a mid range monster, holy shit. The fireball is annoying ( cover just a little more distance than my forward dash ), fLK's range is surprisingly hard to deal with, there's all the gimmicks, and he does as much damage as Dudley during combos, if not more. I got stunned in one single combo, and Makoto has 1050 stun. Insane.
And Makoto's 3 frames fake safejump doesn't work on him. Hi DP goes too far horizontally.

Overall, very hard to fight him in the neutral game. More so than another shotos. Wasn't expecting that.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-04 16:25:55
January 04 2014 16:25 GMT
#7735
On January 04 2014 22:50 Noocta wrote:
Man...
I just played my first serious Oni in endless.
Fuck that match up. Oni is such a mid range monster, holy shit. The fireball is annoying ( cover just a little more distance than my forward dash ), fLK's range is surprisingly hard to deal with, there's all the gimmicks, and he does as much damage as Dudley during combos, if not more. I got stunned in one single combo, and Makoto has 1050 stun. Insane.
And Makoto's 3 frames fake safejump doesn't work on him. Hi DP goes too far horizontally.

Overall, very hard to fight him in the neutral game. More so than another shotos. Wasn't expecting that.

I spent quite a bit of my winter break free time (away from AE) watching long sets of omh I, a great Oni. I'd been feeling really negative and helpless lately against a lot of stuff and online shit in general, but watching someone use all of the tools was so inspiring. Minimal gimmicks usually too. Oni is really good. Highly underrated. I'm really scared if they buff him too much, for the game, and for being called a PATCH ONI lolol.....

All about those hit confirms. Maybe moreso than any other character right now. So many short and mid-range tools that he can hit confirm into max damage combos off of with FADC no problem, or even some tricky links with no bar. I also didn't know that you can link after his step kick from the correct distance, which is FARTHER rather than closer.

Fear those long range normals! His fireball is honestly the only thing I would want changed. A bit too much recovery. Sure it's still a fireball so some characters will have trouble, but the recovery is insane. Pretty sure I've gotten reversal ultra punished by someone ON HIT before. Don't trust me on that though.

Bummed you're EU. I'd be eager to run sets with you.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 04 2014 20:59 GMT
#7736
The fireball is very annoying for Makoto, because it's not one of those that you can react Ultra 2 against. It's more like a very annoying poke that hit right at the range I want to stay during neutral. Pretty irritating. Also it's hard to punish it at close range with an axekick over it. The fireball hitbox seems bigger than regular fireballs.


I went 11-6 against a good Oni player, but it wasn't his main character. I was destroying his main ( Cody ) and his first alt ( Evil Ryu ). Couldn't deal well with his Oni at all tho. I was uinderestimating the character I guess
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 04 2014 21:55 GMT
#7737
On January 05 2014 05:59 Noocta wrote:
The fireball is very annoying for Makoto, because it's not one of those that you can react Ultra 2 against. It's more like a very annoying poke that hit right at the range I want to stay during neutral. Pretty irritating. Also it's hard to punish it at close range with an axekick over it. The fireball hitbox seems bigger than regular fireballs.


I went 11-6 against a good Oni player, but it wasn't his main character. I was destroying his main ( Cody ) and his first alt ( Evil Ryu ). Couldn't deal well with his Oni at all tho. I was uinderestimating the character I guess

That is definitely one thing I'll give you, the shape of it is a bit different than most fireballs. Taller. I can see it causing issues for axe kick for sure.
FadedCrab
Profile Joined January 2014
12 Posts
January 06 2014 15:53 GMT
#7738
I finally got over 2k pp today. I've been close (like 1950's) with Ryu, Guile and Rose last weeks but it was my 1 week old Dee Jay that finally pushed me over the edge. Carried by dat character unfamiliarity. I'm already looking forward to the inevitable sub 1k pp drop thats' around the corner
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 06 2014 16:01 GMT
#7739
On January 07 2014 00:53 FadedCrab wrote:
I finally got over 2k pp today. I've been close (like 1950's) with Ryu, Guile and Rose last weeks but it was my 1 week old Dee Jay that finally pushed me over the edge. Carried by dat character unfamiliarity. I'm already looking forward to the inevitable sub 1k pp drop thats' around the corner


Gratz dude.
DeeJay is a lot better than people give him credit to, but he's especially a good online character in my opinion. Very hard to punish sobat kicks online. Very easy to beat bad players by forcing them to jump into his slide, etc
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 06 2014 16:59 GMT
#7740
On January 07 2014 00:53 FadedCrab wrote:
I finally got over 2k pp today. I've been close (like 1950's) with Ryu, Guile and Rose last weeks but it was my 1 week old Dee Jay that finally pushed me over the edge. Carried by dat character unfamiliarity. I'm already looking forward to the inevitable sub 1k pp drop thats' around the corner

Oh wait, so this is not uncommon? I thought this was just because I sucked.
Prev 1 385 386 387 388 389 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 2m
The PondCast
22h 2m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.