• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9980 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 388

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 386 387 388 389 390 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 06 2014 18:19 GMT
#7741
don't get lost in the rythm !
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 11:43:18
January 07 2014 11:42 GMT
#7742
So freaking hard to make Juri players block sometimes.
Some of them are more button hasty than viper players, how crazy can that be.
Even when playing them with Makoto, all you can do is normal pressure bullying because they will never start to block. So boring. t_t
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Tilorn91
Profile Joined July 2012
Serbia218 Posts
January 07 2014 13:59 GMT
#7743
I have a big problem with e.ryu, his ultra 2 almost never comes out for me in online matches, instead it's always the shitty teleport. I'm doing the correct key sequence, since I looked at the input in the training mode, but it rarely comes out when done quickly. Any help?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 07 2014 15:00 GMT
#7744
On January 07 2014 20:42 Noocta wrote:
So freaking hard to make Juri players block sometimes.
Some of them are more button hasty than viper players, how crazy can that be.
Even when playing them with Makoto, all you can do is normal pressure bullying because they will never start to block. So boring. t_t

I've noticed this too, the only difference being that I have way more trouble with pinwheels beating whatever I'm doing, whereas Vipers don't really lol.
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 22:44:23
January 07 2014 15:19 GMT
#7745
On January 08 2014 00:00 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 20:42 Noocta wrote:
So freaking hard to make Juri players block sometimes.
Some of them are more button hasty than viper players, how crazy can that be.
Even when playing them with Makoto, all you can do is normal pressure bullying because they will never start to block. So boring. t_t

I've noticed this too, the only difference being that I have way more trouble with pinwheels beating whatever I'm doing, whereas Vipers don't really lol.



Pinwheels are notoriously unsafe, respectively -4,-8 an-11 on block. Online juri's just throw em out like they're dp's but they're very punishable (and lots of unsave divekicks )

I feel like her zoning game is the most annoying, for some reason I can't seem to run the gauntlet against her fireball game.
The Juri's who block are the problem! such an underrated/underplayed char.

edit: pinwheels have at best 7 frame startup (lk en EX) so it's pretty slow

@Tilorn91: just try to do clean qcf inputs, practice that muscle memory!
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 08 2014 11:06 GMT
#7746
On January 07 2014 22:59 Tilorn91 wrote:
I have a big problem with e.ryu, his ultra 2 almost never comes out for me in online matches, instead it's always the shitty teleport. I'm doing the correct key sequence, since I looked at the input in the training mode, but it rarely comes out when done quickly. Any help?


Check your input on replays of your games. You're probably messing the two qcf because of the adrenaline.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 08 2014 22:36 GMT
#7747
Having a lot of fun playing Yang these days, but boy I wish he had his cross up back already.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
January 08 2014 23:07 GMT
#7748
If only his rekka fadc ultra was easier. He's the fun one of the twins IMO, resets everywhere
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
January 08 2014 23:08 GMT
#7749
On January 09 2014 07:36 Noocta wrote:
Having a lot of fun playing Yang these days, but boy I wish he had his cross up back already.

It still works after some knockdowns and on some characters. It's relatively easy to land on most characters after his dp.
He can also crossup with his command dash after most knockdowns.
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
January 09 2014 08:00 GMT
#7750
I've been putting a lot of work in SSFIV recently. I bought a fightstick because I saved up some money and I make questionable purchasing decisions when I do that, but its made the game a lot more fun to play. The stick is obviously taking some getting used to, but I was bad on my Madcatz fightpad so I'm not starting too far behind of where I already was. I'm testing out everyone's buttons and doing some trials and the like but so far I'm enjoying C. Viper, Abel, and Makoto quite a bit. I played a bit of Ibuki, Adon, and El Fuerte when I played casual on PS3 in college but I never really became more than really really bad with them.

In short, this game is becoming a lot of fun. I still have tons to learn of course but you have to start somewhere.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
January 09 2014 22:24 GMT
#7751
Yesterday was my first local tourney in almost 2 years for Street Fighter. Ended up getting 8th out of a little over 20 people. I was taken out by a Juri player who had been beating me in casuals free prior to the tourney, so I wasn't very confident going in.
I used three characters during the tourney, T.Hawk, Ken and Sagat but I really want to stick with one. I had the most success with T.Hawk but I actually want to pick up someone new. I was considering using Oni or Gouken.

Anyone familiar with the two who can help me decide on who to use?
Twitter: @KingKosi
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 09 2014 23:45 GMT
#7752
On January 10 2014 07:24 Kingkosi wrote:
Yesterday was my first local tourney in almost 2 years for Street Fighter. Ended up getting 8th out of a little over 20 people. I was taken out by a Juri player who had been beating me in casuals free prior to the tourney, so I wasn't very confident going in.
I used three characters during the tourney, T.Hawk, Ken and Sagat but I really want to stick with one. I had the most success with T.Hawk but I actually want to pick up someone new. I was considering using Oni or Gouken.

Anyone familiar with the two who can help me decide on who to use?

I have some experience with both, though I haven't played with Gouken in a few months, and I main Oni.

Oni is a combo monster with pretty decent normals. He excels via great hit confirms, and has some tricks and gimmicks up his sleeve if you can get your opponent scared.

Gouken I had a lot of fun with for a while, but he felt like he lacked a couple tools that I don't like playing without. He's a pretty solid, beefycharacter with a few really fun/great buttons to press, and insane damage potential through punishes/jump ins (much like Oni, though less execution heavy IMO). I love demon flip to set up mix ups and wake up pressure, and his parry can be very rewarding at times haha.

It's weird, the characters have a lot of similarities now that I think about it (probably why I enjoyed Gouken for a while), and yet they feel very different when you play them. I'd try both and just choose who you like more.

I also have little idea what's happening to either in Ultra. I haven't been paying attention to changes much.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 12 2014 21:23 GMT
#7753
Holy shit a Claw won a major; Kreygasm
So hype. The Cammy army is denied once more.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 13 2014 00:44 GMT
#7754
well Reiketsu has been close enough to winning tournaments in Japan several times, and he is slightly better than Zeus imho

what ashame now ppl will go crazy asking nerfs for claw for usf4
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
January 14 2014 01:12 GMT
#7755
people in general are really stupid when it comes to their perception of balance in this game
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 01:52:03
January 14 2014 01:50 GMT
#7756
On January 14 2014 10:12 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
people in general are really stupid when it comes to their perception of balance in this game

Its easy. Did a vortex char win? Imbalanced. Did a footsie/zoning based char win? Pure skill. Continued this pattern for a cpl years and now we gonna get delayed wakeup and finally can enjoy matches the way "SF is meant to be played" with endless neutral game. I think an even better idea would be to eliminate knockdowns, special moves and jumping altogether, makes the game way too random and we could truly see who is the best footsie fighting game player in the world!
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
January 14 2014 05:20 GMT
#7757
The closer this game is to Divekick the more happy I'll be.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
W3G_Glake
Profile Joined July 2011
United States11 Posts
January 14 2014 09:39 GMT
#7758
I hope in SF5, Capcom will decide to give Bison a overhead...
Fight for it and Earn it.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
January 14 2014 09:51 GMT
#7759
Yeah, I'm definitely not a proponent of delayed wake-up. I just hope that's not going to be their 'fix' for unblockables as well.
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
January 14 2014 22:05 GMT
#7760
Just started up a thread at the SC2 General forum for ESGN Fight Night. Street Fighter IV will be featured this month alongside StarCraft II and Hearthstone (which has already run.)

Street Fighter-wise, the word is that ESGN is welcoming Gootecks, Mike Ross, Infiltration, Xian, Filipino Champ, Tokido, Ryan Hart, Louffy, Alioune and more. Furthermore, Gootecks said on the premiere of the Gootecks & Mike Ross show that Tasteless will be helping commentate some of the Street Fighter action!

Here's the thread: ESGN Fight Night - SC2, Hearthstone, SF4 & More
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Prev 1 386 387 388 389 390 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 2m
The PondCast
22h 2m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.