• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:09
CEST 01:09
KST 08:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10433 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 390

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 388 389 390 391 392 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
January 20 2014 17:54 GMT
#7781
On January 21 2014 01:14 WindWolf wrote:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/19/games-for-windows-live-will-soon-be-dead-hooray-heres-a-list-of-devs-removing-it-from-their-games/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

If the article is correct and Capcom does switch to Steamworks for the PC versions and does so before GFWL shuts down, I forgive them for delaying the PC version of Ultra

Let's just hope they don't make the online worse somehow. If I can't avoid people from too far away or who are just notoriously laggy then there's no point playing.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 20 2014 18:01 GMT
#7782
On January 21 2014 02:54 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2014 01:14 WindWolf wrote:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/19/games-for-windows-live-will-soon-be-dead-hooray-heres-a-list-of-devs-removing-it-from-their-games/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

If the article is correct and Capcom does switch to Steamworks for the PC versions and does so before GFWL shuts down, I forgive them for delaying the PC version of Ultra

Let's just hope they don't make the online worse somehow. If I can't avoid people from too far away or who are just notoriously laggy then there's no point playing.

Yeah, I hope they don't screw up the netcode. Aside from the Source engine, SSF4AE has the best netcode IMO of those games I've played online
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 20 2014 23:29 GMT
#7783
Got a serious wake up call by playing a good Sakura in endless today.
I need to start practicing more again, even on my main.

Playing alts and avoiding ranked made me lazy.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 21 2014 22:05 GMT
#7784
Almost got to a reasonable execution point for Viper's FFF EX Seismo meterless fadc Ultra 1
Can only do it from one side but man that combo is satisfying to land.

By the way, Ken Bogard has a full show, 1h40min of USF4 matches from the Paris Location test.



It's in french, so most of you are better off putting the sound off and listenning to some music during it, but there's some nice footage.
Characters shown are Makoto, Honda, Yun, Poison and Rolento.
They go in depth about some stuff, with nice slow down on some action to learn how certain move works now.

And they also know who the 5th is, they joke about it during the video, tsk :p
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
January 22 2014 01:09 GMT
#7785
On January 19 2014 05:29 Noocta wrote:
I think Tasteless is a bit more interested about the game than Artosis overall tho.
But Artosis watch EVO and stuff, he tweet about it every year.

Honestly, it's not surprising to have StarCraft people liking fighting game. 1 on 1 games share a lot of things mental and strategy wise.

Thanks for the info! I do agree with that second point - for one thing, "footsies" is the fighting game term for microing in and out of range. Baiting and mind games are useful in both - and you definitely need to know matchups. Also, if you've got high APM, should you step away from the keyboard and mouse and pick up the fight stick, you might have an edge in times where you've just got to mash it out literally. On one funny note, as Gootecks once said, apparently, StarCraft players' APM can be enough to break buttons on a fight stick - he said that HuK, TLO, Dimaga and company broke one of the buttons on a fight stick during SF4 casuals at BlizzCon 2010.

PS: Word is from Gootecks that Dimaga played as Zangief against Slasher. My source is the Cross Counter episode that started with BlizzCon and then featured Justin Wong blowing up Gamerbee with Makoto at Seasons' Beatings: Redemption (2010). The video is, unfortunately, now private.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 08:27:41
January 22 2014 08:20 GMT
#7786
Tasteless plays a mean Blanka. I've played him and he kicked my ass so hard ):

Also, he will be on ESGN Fight Night
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
January 22 2014 08:31 GMT
#7787
On January 22 2014 17:20 Torte de Lini wrote:
Tasteless plays a mean Blanka. I've played him and he kicked my ass so hard ):

Also, he will be on ESGN Fight Night

Nice! Thank you, TDL~
The Bomber boy
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 22 2014 08:52 GMT
#7788
Artosis also plays Blanka. I've seen Tasteless play a few other characters, he's quite competent (meaning capable and knowledgeable) about the game overall.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
January 22 2014 11:11 GMT
#7789
On January 21 2014 01:14 WindWolf wrote:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/19/games-for-windows-live-will-soon-be-dead-hooray-heres-a-list-of-devs-removing-it-from-their-games/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

If the article is correct and Capcom does switch to Steamworks for the PC versions and does so before GFWL shuts down, I forgive them for delaying the PC version of Ultra


So, Steam won't sell Street Fighter to me because of region lock. I still have a GFWL-only copy. What do?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 19:15:59
January 22 2014 16:49 GMT
#7790


Excellent Adventures starting up soon! I'll personally be buying the episodes. Too excited to wait each week, and besides, $5 for over 2 hours of guaranteed entertainment that I can replay as many times as I want? Compare to a dinner outing, movie, etc...? That's fantastic.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not here to sell their shit hahaha. Just a "hot topic" in the FGC (mostly just stream monsters) about paying for content like this. To me, it's a no brainer. I love the show, can't wait for more, happy to support them, and I know it'll be good. I picked up the Xmas special (the recent one, not 2012), and I still watch it once in a while. TL is the kind of place where people are used to paying for quality content anyway though
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-22 19:20:36
January 22 2014 19:19 GMT
#7791
On January 23 2014 01:49 Duka08 wrote:

Excellent Adventures starting up soon! I'll personally be buying the episodes. Too excited to wait each week, and besides, $5 for over 2 hours of guaranteed entertainment that I can replay as many times as I want? Compare to a dinner outing, movie, etc...? That's fantastic.


Is it really something that you're gonna watch twice tho? For something that will be free to watch anyway it just seems a bit unnecessary to me. Unless you really can't wait to watch it or want to support them I guess.

On a different note, I've been playing some Gen lately and I'm wondering whether or not I should learn his unblockables, seeing as they'll be removed in Ultra anyway. Dude's got so many setups to learn as is it would considerably soften the workload.

edit: posted just before your edit :D
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 22 2014 19:29 GMT
#7792
On January 23 2014 04:19 2stra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 01:49 Duka08 wrote:

Excellent Adventures starting up soon! I'll personally be buying the episodes. Too excited to wait each week, and besides, $5 for over 2 hours of guaranteed entertainment that I can replay as many times as I want? Compare to a dinner outing, movie, etc...? That's fantastic.


Is it really something that you're gonna watch twice tho? For something that will be free to watch anyway it just seems a bit unnecessary to me. Unless you really can't wait to watch it or want to support them I guess.

On a different note, I've been playing some Gen lately and I'm wondering whether or not I should learn his unblockables, seeing as they'll be removed in Ultra anyway. Dude's got so many setups to learn as is it would considerably soften the workload.

edit: posted just before your edit :D

Oh yeah I watch them all the time. I've been through the whole series (namely seasons 2-6 or whatever) on YouTube numerous times top to bottom. I have a habit of just throwing things on in the background while I play other games (WoW, Dark Souls, etc. Stuff that's mostly single player where I can divide my attention). Used to be certain TV series, now things like Excellent Adventures and tournament streams I missed.

That's just me though. It's equally reasonable to just wait and watch them each week on YouTube as they air, especially if you just wanna peep them one time. I'm certainly not blasting people that choose not to pay, only those who laugh at us who DO choose to pay haha.
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 00:43:44
January 23 2014 00:43 GMT
#7793
On January 22 2014 17:31 Wintex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2014 17:20 Torte de Lini wrote:
Tasteless plays a mean Blanka. I've played him and he kicked my ass so hard ):

Also, he will be on ESGN Fight Night

Nice! Thank you, TDL~


Thanks for the heads-up! Oh boy...so Gootecks really wasn't kidding! I was hoping he wasn't, but I'm rubbing my hands knowing it'll happen. Over/under on the number of StarCraft references? Wonder if he'll bring up the fact that Gootecks plays Terran...

On January 23 2014 01:49 Duka08 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcLQW4RxNy0

Excellent Adventures starting up soon! I'll personally be buying the episodes. Too excited to wait each week, and besides, $5 for over 2 hours of guaranteed entertainment that I can replay as many times as I want? Compare to a dinner outing, movie, etc...? That's fantastic.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not here to sell their shit hahaha. Just a "hot topic" in the FGC (mostly just stream monsters) about paying for content like this. To me, it's a no brainer. I love the show, can't wait for more, happy to support them, and I know it'll be good. I picked up the Xmas special (the recent one, not 2012), and I still watch it once in a while. TL is the kind of place where people are used to paying for quality content anyway though


Don't worry, I understand, Duka. Quite a few fighting game fans like you and me have been waiting for the return of Excellent Adventures. I'm trying to put my finger on an equivalent StarCraft duo to Gootecks and Mike...Huk and MC, maybe? (Obviously, Artosis and Tasteless are to StarCraft what James Chen and UltraDavid are to Street Fighter.)
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 01:01 GMT
#7794
Probably Incontrol and 2GD.
But then again, if the Starcraft scene had as many funny people as the FGC, I would not have switched.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Shottaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom414 Posts
January 23 2014 13:00 GMT
#7795
New to SF, played Ken for a while and learned some basic skills like zoning, BnB combos, the block/attack/throw/jump relationship, teccing, whats safe and whats not. Now I switched to Cammy for a change and I really like her moveset but I still can't FADC or regularly set up the ultra.

I've got a lot to learn and i'm trying to grind out games at the moment.

What's the deal with people who show up green in the lobby and have really random lags in game? It's so annoying. I hate to be that guy who blames his losses on lag but does he seem the same thing his end?

Sometimes you can rush in *lag* and it completely breaks my momentum. I'm running really high FPS and my connection has always been flawless so I assume it's their end?

Surely if they lag they should be disadvantaged. Played a guy last night and it felt like he was using the lag to his advantage.

/whine.
Praise the sun! \o/
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
January 23 2014 13:07 GMT
#7796
On January 23 2014 10:01 Noocta wrote:
Probably Incontrol and 2GD.
But then again, if the Starcraft scene had as many funny people as the FGC, I would not have switched.

Huh? You switched for the people? I simply switched because SF4 is the far better game than SC2 imo. Anyways, on topic of Excellent Adventures, I bought it and already watched half of it. I dont plan on watching it multiple times, but I think of it as a donation. Im happy to support Gootecks and Mike Ross, theyre funny as hell and I assume they need all the money they can get cus lets face it, doing work in the FGC is much worse than most other esports and you dont get rich in other esports already...
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 23 2014 14:30 GMT
#7797
On January 23 2014 22:00 Shottaz wrote:
New to SF, played Ken for a while and learned some basic skills like zoning, BnB combos, the block/attack/throw/jump relationship, teccing, whats safe and whats not. Now I switched to Cammy for a change and I really like her moveset but I still can't FADC or regularly set up the ultra.

I've got a lot to learn and i'm trying to grind out games at the moment.

What's the deal with people who show up green in the lobby and have really random lags in game? It's so annoying. I hate to be that guy who blames his losses on lag but does he seem the same thing his end?

Sometimes you can rush in *lag* and it completely breaks my momentum. I'm running really high FPS and my connection has always been flawless so I assume it's their end?

Surely if they lag they should be disadvantaged. Played a guy last night and it felt like he was using the lag to his advantage.

/whine.

I've found over time that the connection bars are more of a trend than the truth. You have a much better chance of not lagging in a game with someone with green bars vs yellow, etc. However there are definitely green bar games that lag terribly, as well as there are lots of people I've played on yellow bars and it's felt 100% normal.

I don't think I've ever gone below yellow though lol.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
January 23 2014 14:34 GMT
#7798
On January 23 2014 22:00 Shottaz wrote:
New to SF, played Ken for a while and learned some basic skills like zoning, BnB combos, the block/attack/throw/jump relationship, teccing, whats safe and whats not. Now I switched to Cammy for a change and I really like her moveset but I still can't FADC or regularly set up the ultra.

I've got a lot to learn and i'm trying to grind out games at the moment.

What's the deal with people who show up green in the lobby and have really random lags in game? It's so annoying. I hate to be that guy who blames his losses on lag but does he seem the same thing his end?

Sometimes you can rush in *lag* and it completely breaks my momentum. I'm running really high FPS and my connection has always been flawless so I assume it's their end?

Surely if they lag they should be disadvantaged. Played a guy last night and it felt like he was using the lag to his advantage.

/whine.


The lag is peer to peer, just like Starcraft, so if one player lags the other one does too. You can only remain connected to the other player as fast as their connection will allow. I've played against maybe two "lag switchers" ever in my thousands of online matches where they intentionally throttle their connection as you're setting up your offense, then clear it when they're safe.

As far as the players who appear to be lagless from the lobby, the number of green bars represents a snapshot of the latency between you and the other player. This snapshot is updated every 5-10 seconds or so. Sometimes you can have a yellow-bar guy appear to be green when he first joins because the snapshot was 99 ms instead of 101 ms (I don't know what constitutes green vs yellow vs red). One other minor annoyance is that from SF4 to SSF4AE, they reduced the number of latency bars from 5 to 3, eliminating orange and light green. This makes it harder to tell whether your connection is very strong or borderline annoying (personally I hate playing against yellow-bar opponents).
Moderator
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
January 23 2014 14:59 GMT
#7799
Compared to PC games, more console gamers use wireless for their connection, which means most of the time they show up as totally fine max bars, but occassionally they spike like crazy. Anyway, fighting games are much more lag sensitive than DotA/Starcraft, so you notice it more.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 15:21 GMT
#7800
On January 23 2014 22:07 diehilde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 10:01 Noocta wrote:
Probably Incontrol and 2GD.
But then again, if the Starcraft scene had as many funny people as the FGC, I would not have switched.

Huh? You switched for the people? I simply switched because SF4 is the far better game than SC2 imo. Anyways, on topic of Excellent Adventures, I bought it and already watched half of it. I dont plan on watching it multiple times, but I think of it as a donation. Im happy to support Gootecks and Mike Ross, theyre funny as hell and I assume they need all the money they can get cus lets face it, doing work in the FGC is much worse than most other esports and you dont get rich in other esports already...


I guess I switched because of both.
Fighting games are just more fun to me because they're faster and you can feel progress better because you don't have 15min of useless setup each match.
But the people are just awesome. Older players in general, more diversity in races, most players have years of history behind them and it shows.
It's just the perfect " Oh my god, where has this been the previous 23 years of my life " feeling.

And on topic, fuck laggers. I hate it. I know it's usually not their fault but damn it's annoying.
I have 95Mbs Down and 75 Up, can't really do better than that for people to play me with as little lag as they could have. =(
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 388 389 390 391 392 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 114
Nathanias 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13757
Artosis 547
White-Ra 239
ToSsGirL 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever428
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
Doublelift4465
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1159
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1917
Trikslyr50
Other Games
summit1g7687
Grubby3612
ArmadaUGS859
shahzam587
JimRising 359
C9.Mang0339
ZombieGrub49
Mew2King44
Maynarde4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick442
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 68
• davetesta41
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1089
• Scarra1024
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 51m
OSC
13h 51m
Stellar Fest
13h 51m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.