• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)31Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9097 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 391

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 389 390 391 392 393 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
January 23 2014 16:19 GMT
#7801
what has uploading to do with lag >.>
And all is illuminated.
Shottaz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom414 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 16:25:59
January 23 2014 16:25 GMT
#7802
On January 23 2014 23:34 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 22:00 Shottaz wrote:
New to SF, played Ken for a while and learned some basic skills like zoning, BnB combos, the block/attack/throw/jump relationship, teccing, whats safe and whats not. Now I switched to Cammy for a change and I really like her moveset but I still can't FADC or regularly set up the ultra.

I've got a lot to learn and i'm trying to grind out games at the moment.

What's the deal with people who show up green in the lobby and have really random lags in game? It's so annoying. I hate to be that guy who blames his losses on lag but does he seem the same thing his end?

Sometimes you can rush in *lag* and it completely breaks my momentum. I'm running really high FPS and my connection has always been flawless so I assume it's their end?

Surely if they lag they should be disadvantaged. Played a guy last night and it felt like he was using the lag to his advantage.

/whine.


The lag is peer to peer, just like Starcraft, so if one player lags the other one does too. You can only remain connected to the other player as fast as their connection will allow. I've played against maybe two "lag switchers" ever in my thousands of online matches where they intentionally throttle their connection as you're setting up your offense, then clear it when they're safe.

As far as the players who appear to be lagless from the lobby, the number of green bars represents a snapshot of the latency between you and the other player. This snapshot is updated every 5-10 seconds or so. Sometimes you can have a yellow-bar guy appear to be green when he first joins because the snapshot was 99 ms instead of 101 ms (I don't know what constitutes green vs yellow vs red). One other minor annoyance is that from SF4 to SSF4AE, they reduced the number of latency bars from 5 to 3, eliminating orange and light green. This makes it harder to tell whether your connection is very strong or borderline annoying (personally I hate playing against yellow-bar opponents).


Thanks for shedding some light on it. If they lag their end they must get it most games which must be well annoying for them.
Praise the sun! \o/
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
January 23 2014 16:41 GMT
#7803
On January 24 2014 01:19 freelander wrote:
what has uploading to do with lag >.>


Everything. Many home connections have more downstream than upstream bandwidth. It's not as big a deal these days because connections today have a lot more than most games need. When I was in school I had a 57600-baud modem which had a theoretical maximum of 7.2KB/sec download and 3.6KB/sec upload. Let's say BW required 2KB/sec to transmit all the tokens and unit data, which would mean a constant 55% of my upstream bandwidth was used to maintain the connection. If I was uploading something to FTP or sharing something on Kazaa or whatever, and those parallel connections ever went above 1.6KB/sec, it would mean BW would have to wait for the next available packet to be uploaded and sent. This means a delay to the other players which creates lag.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 23 2014 16:47 GMT
#7804
On January 24 2014 01:19 freelander wrote:
what has uploading to do with lag >.>

Upload speed can have a pretty significant impact on online multiplayer in any game. You're sending information to your opponent / the server as well.

Obviously you don't need MUCH usually, but the way upload speeds interact with download speeds (and throttling, etc) can vary a lot between ISPs.

I know I've had cases in the past where I had something like "12 Mb down 1 Mb up" according to my ISP, and when I upload something, not only did it go slowly (<100 kb/s usually, if not <10) but it would also blast my bandwidth and I'd take forever to load a single page

I have no idea why it works this way, or if it still does these days, but it's definitely some weird shit occasionally.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 16:47 GMT
#7805
Yeah. I'm no specialist but I've always been told having a good upload help avoid lag in online play.
But most games these days are played fine with very low upload.

I still remember the old trick about packet people used to share to reduce their ping on WoW and stuff.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 20:13:54
January 23 2014 20:12 GMT
#7806
Watching Gootecks play all this Dhalsim makes me want to play him. Not to mention getting my ass beat by Sims online. It fits Gootecks well, I was surprised he never played him til now, and not surprised he likes him so much.

Sometimes you just want to be an annoying motherfucker you know?!
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 20:34:53
January 23 2014 20:33 GMT
#7807


21:30 CET, next Monday!

First-to-Seven - King-of-the-Hill

Gootecks and Tasteless casting!

Players:
Mike Ross
Xian
Luffy
Alioune
Tokido
Infiltration
Ryan Hart
FilipinoChamp

They are so freakin' awesome!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
January 23 2014 20:41 GMT
#7808
Sweet mother of baby Jesus I cannot wait for Monday!
Twitter: @KingKosi
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 23 2014 20:46 GMT
#7809
I saw it live and shit my pants. It was fucking intense man.
Don't tell the other games, but this is my favorite, god it was so gooooood
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 20:50 GMT
#7810
Man, that's gonna be awesome I bet.
Also, the money to fly everyone to Germany must be pretty damn insane.
That's 2 people from Korea, 1 from Singapore, 1 from Japan and 3 from the US, west coast too.
That's like in the 5 digits at least.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 20:52:35
January 23 2014 20:52 GMT
#7811
This was recorded after Capcom Cup (literally a bit after), so for some: prices were lower.
But they told me to pick some players from every region, so I chose my favourites @_@

MadCatz and Gootecks were really helpful too
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 23 2014 20:54 GMT
#7812
Wow this looks INCREDIBLY COOL! Can't wait to see it! Love the players sitting around watching together! Wow Torte I didn't believe the hype when you were posting pics and stuff but damn I underestimated haha
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 20:54 GMT
#7813
On January 24 2014 05:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
This was recorded after Capcom Cup (literally a bit after), so for some: prices were lower.
But they told me to pick some players from every region, so I chose my favourites @_@

MadCatz and Gootecks were really helpful too


Well, the choices are awesome.
I'm just like everyone about ESGN these days, I wonder how the hell does it works as a business :p
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
January 23 2014 21:02 GMT
#7814
On January 24 2014 05:46 Torte de Lini wrote:
I saw it live and shit my pants. It was fucking intense man.
Don't tell the other games, but this is my favorite, god it was so gooooood

Well I dont know which other games have already been filmed, but beating out hearthstone in terms of hype isnt that hard i suppose :D Monday is gonna be epic! Also whats with "daily" 21:30? Does that mean its gonna be monday-friday SF each day 21:30 for a week? 2 weeks? Sry for the noob question, didnt really follow the hearthstone one ^^
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
January 23 2014 21:05 GMT
#7815
On January 24 2014 05:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
Tasteless casting!



oh my yesss
knuckle
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 23 2014 21:05 GMT
#7816
On January 24 2014 05:54 Duka08 wrote:
Wow this looks INCREDIBLY COOL! Can't wait to see it! Love the players sitting around watching together! Wow Torte I didn't believe the hype when you were posting pics and stuff but damn I underestimated haha


Yo, believe the hype man! I don't watch as much SFIV as I should, but there are major upsets (seriously, I'm not kidding; even the players were surprised). Crazy wins and clutch matches!

On January 24 2014 05:54 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 05:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
This was recorded after Capcom Cup (literally a bit after), so for some: prices were lower.
But they told me to pick some players from every region, so I chose my favourites @_@

MadCatz and Gootecks were really helpful too


Well, the choices are awesome.
I'm just like everyone about ESGN these days, I wonder how the hell does it works as a business :p


It's nothing unusual in terms of standard business goals.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 23 2014 21:06 GMT
#7817
On January 24 2014 06:02 diehilde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 05:46 Torte de Lini wrote:
I saw it live and shit my pants. It was fucking intense man.
Don't tell the other games, but this is my favorite, god it was so gooooood

Well I dont know which other games have already been filmed, but beating out hearthstone in terms of hype isnt that hard i suppose :D Monday is gonna be epic! Also whats with "daily" 21:30? Does that mean its gonna be monday-friday SF each day 21:30 for a week? 2 weeks? Sry for the noob question, didnt really follow the hearthstone one ^^


Monday-Friday. Infographic will be released in a bit! But next week until Feb. or so: 21:30 CET (9:30 - GMT+1)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 23 2014 21:07 GMT
#7818
On January 24 2014 06:05 HeatEXTEND wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 05:33 Torte de Lini wrote:
Tasteless casting!



oh my yesss


He is really good in my opinion. I liked him there a lot with Gootecks :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 23 2014 21:09 GMT
#7819
Tasteless would fit a lot more with how the FGC like their casters than what Starcraft likes these days.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 21:13:54
January 23 2014 21:13 GMT
#7820
On January 24 2014 06:05 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2014 05:54 Duka08 wrote:
Wow this looks INCREDIBLY COOL! Can't wait to see it! Love the players sitting around watching together! Wow Torte I didn't believe the hype when you were posting pics and stuff but damn I underestimated haha


Yo, believe the hype man! I don't watch as much SFIV as I should, but there are major upsets (seriously, I'm not kidding; even the players were surprised). Crazy wins and clutch matches!


My money is on Fchamp knocking out some big name(s) because somehow he always manages to even though he doesn't compete much in AE. :D

Any time there's a high profile match his Sim is incredible, but if/when he competes he falls out somewhere early.

I don't love the guy but I honestly think it has to do with playing better against someone the smarter they are. Same thing happens in Marvel too.
Prev 1 389 390 391 392 393 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech16
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 247
Hyuk 146
910 74
Mong 70
Leta 52
Shinee 49
PianO 40
soO 39
Killer 36
Mind 35
[ Show more ]
Bale 30
Aegong 23
ToSsGirL 18
ZergMaN 15
HiyA 15
sorry 15
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
ceh9526
shoxiejesuss414
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1590
Other Games
summit1g8836
olofmeister1098
Happy288
crisheroes216
Sick176
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS88
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick554
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream270
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH158
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Rush1646
• Jankos1139
• Stunt527
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 42m
OSC
4h 42m
Stellar Fest
4h 42m
OSC
15h 42m
Stellar Fest
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.