• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:41
CEST 17:41
KST 00:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9505 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 389

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 387 388 389 390 391 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
FadedCrab
Profile Joined January 2014
12 Posts
January 14 2014 22:13 GMT
#7761
I think Tasteless has been seen at Cafe Id every now and then so he can probably commentate it decently. I haven't seen Tasteless play but I'd be ready to put my whole bank account on that he either plays Blanka or El Fuerte.
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
January 14 2014 22:19 GMT
#7762
On January 15 2014 07:13 FadedCrab wrote:
I think Tasteless has been seen at Cafe Id every now and then so he can probably commentate it decently. I haven't seen Tasteless play but I'd be ready to put my whole bank account on that he either plays Blanka or El Fuerte.

Wow, interesting! All I knew was that Gootecks and Mike were friends with Tastosis as early as 2010 (and that Gootecks set up those SF4 casuals at BlizzCon 2010 featuring HuK, TLO, Dimaga, Slasher and more.) I believe you when you say he plays Blanka or Fuerte, but what led you to that conclusion?

Also, if he does, it'd be cool to see him play Mike given how much Mike played Blanka in Excellent Adventures.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 22:36:58
January 14 2014 22:33 GMT
#7763
On January 15 2014 07:13 FadedCrab wrote:
I think Tasteless has been seen at Cafe Id every now and then so he can probably commentate it decently. I haven't seen Tasteless play but I'd be ready to put my whole bank account on that he either plays Blanka or El Fuerte.


I've seen him play on cafeid's stream. He plays Blanka :p

I've been playing Chewiie a bit these days, he's a really good Viper from Sweden.
He beat my ass pretty bad, but heh. Learning and stuff.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Aando
Profile Joined August 2011
1304 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-14 22:45:05
January 14 2014 22:44 GMT
#7764
On January 15 2014 07:19 SantosPhillipCarlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2014 07:13 FadedCrab wrote:
I think Tasteless has been seen at Cafe Id every now and then so he can probably commentate it decently. I haven't seen Tasteless play but I'd be ready to put my whole bank account on that he either plays Blanka or El Fuerte.

Wow, interesting! All I knew was that Gootecks and Mike were friends with Tastosis as early as 2010 (and that Gootecks set up those SF4 casuals at BlizzCon 2010 featuring HuK, TLO, Dimaga, Slasher and more.) I believe you when you say he plays Blanka or Fuerte, but what led you to that conclusion?

Also, if he does, it'd be cool to see him play Mike given how much Mike played Blanka in Excellent Adventures.

Knowing Tasteless, the priority list for picking a character would look something like:
1. Troloololololl.
2. Annoying.
3. Heavy on shenanigans.

I'd have added Seth and maybe Deejay but yeah...
Elites
Profile Joined January 2012
Ireland27 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 22:51:31
January 15 2014 22:50 GMT
#7765
Hi guys, ive been playing SF4AE on PC and recently ive had a disconnect bug.

After the first round - sometimes during it, i just get the disconnect message. I dont know whats wrong, first time this has happened. Its happened on the last 5-6 people ive played.

Some of them not so happy, thinking ive pulled the plug myself lol.

Anyone heard of this before or have a fix please?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 15 2014 22:58 GMT
#7766
It's usually a problem with GFWL and maybe your internet having spikes.
I sometimes have this while playing in endless and it's always because of spikes and GFWL dropping the balls on them.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 16 2014 17:10 GMT
#7767
Why am I so bad with Oni ;-;

I've been playing other characters lately and made it to like 1500 PP which is like a record for me, and I love it and feel like I play well.

Then I switch to Oni and win maybe 20% of my games, playing with the same smart mentality. So frustrating.

I broke 5000 BP some time toward the end of the summer and I'm, no shit, down to 2400. As if the more I learn and better I TRY to play, the more I lose. I'm convinced I was probably winning off of nutty stuff before, because my game knowledge and Oni knowledge is way better now than it was months ago.

Just confusing...
SantosPhillipCarlo
Profile Joined September 2013
United States351 Posts
January 18 2014 19:37 GMT
#7768
On January 15 2014 07:33 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2014 07:13 FadedCrab wrote:
I think Tasteless has been seen at Cafe Id every now and then so he can probably commentate it decently. I haven't seen Tasteless play but I'd be ready to put my whole bank account on that he either plays Blanka or El Fuerte.


I've seen him play on cafeid's stream. He plays Blanka :p

I've been playing Chewiie a bit these days, he's a really good Viper from Sweden.
He beat my ass pretty bad, but heh. Learning and stuff.


Thanks for the heads-up! I've poked around YouTube a bit and found Artosis, apparently, mains Blanka too. Found a couple of videos:

First, Tasteless and Artosis, each as Blanka, against Juicebox as Evil Ryu in a hotel room one night during MLG Anaheim. An added bonus is a bit of commentary from Tasty Steve (for those who don't know, one of Yipes' Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 commentary partners, who's cast on Team Spooky) and some banter from Artosis.


Then there's this. Again, both Tasteless and Artosis play Blanka, this time in a Korean arcade against a Dhalsim player (there's also a bit of Artosis in some Ultra vs. Ultra action against a Seth player at the end.)

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 18 2014 20:29 GMT
#7769
I think Tasteless is a bit more interested about the game than Artosis overall tho.
But Artosis watch EVO and stuff, he tweet about it every year.

Honestly, it's not surprising to have starcraft people liking fighting game. 1 on 1 games share a lot of things mental and strategy wise.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Loire
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore1358 Posts
January 19 2014 10:04 GMT
#7770
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes:

I bought a 2nd hand PS3 stick (Madcatz TE) recently but no inputs are seen when i plug in into my PC, it works on my laptop however. Anyone know what's the issue?
Fatmatt2000
Profile Joined January 2006
United States159 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-19 10:50:30
January 19 2014 10:45 GMT
#7771
On January 19 2014 19:04 Loire wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes:

I bought a 2nd hand PS3 stick (Madcatz TE) recently but no inputs are seen when i plug in into my PC, it works on my laptop however. Anyone know what's the issue?


No idea if this has changed or been fixed with newer ones but:

There was apparently some weird bugs in the Original PS3 TEs usb drivers and they only worked with certain brands of USB ports.

On my original PS3 TE I had a problem where it recognized the joystick but you cant actually use/didnt read the inputs with certian motherboard chipsets. USB hubs manufactured by Intel or VIA allowed the TE to work properly, if I recall correctly, and pretty much everything else didn't. The solution to this was to buy a USB hub / PCI usb port that was built with a chipset that actually read the TEs inputs properly and plug it in through there.

Its been years since I had to bother with this, but I remember there being a big thread about what USB hubs worked and which ones didnt with the PS3 TEs on the SRK forums.
Quote?
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
January 19 2014 10:50 GMT
#7772
Yeah, that's it. I had the same problem, but was unable to make it work, even though I tried all the suggestions. I ended up buying a Xbox 360 version.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
YulyaVolkova
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom95 Posts
January 19 2014 11:04 GMT
#7773
On January 17 2014 02:10 Duka08 wrote:
Why am I so bad with Oni ;-;

I've been playing other characters lately and made it to like 1500 PP which is like a record for me, and I love it and feel like I play well.

Then I switch to Oni and win maybe 20% of my games, playing with the same smart mentality. So frustrating.

I broke 5000 BP some time toward the end of the summer and I'm, no shit, down to 2400. As if the more I learn and better I TRY to play, the more I lose. I'm convinced I was probably winning off of nutty stuff before, because my game knowledge and Oni knowledge is way better now than it was months ago.

Just confusing...


This comes up every 5 or so pages in this thread yo. "I broke 5000 BP some time toward the end of the summer and I'm, no shit, down to 2400" - yup, that happens.

Once you hit 5000BP you go up in rank and essentially receive a handicap on point gains so long as you keep that rank (B?). This means that its entirely possible to win at some awful % in ranked and shoot up from 4000->5000BP, but then steadily drop BP vs the same people while winning at the exact same winrate as before once you pop over 5000BP for just a moment.

Guess how you derank from B? You drop to 2500BP (Half of the BP required for B). You've just got there, you've probably ranked down and will now steadily rise again until you hit 5000BP again, at which point you'll probably start dropping again unless you've gotten significantly better.

BP is totally irrelevant so long as its less than 5000. You can have an absurdly low winrate and rise all the way up to 5000BP, at which point almost all players can't push past it now that they actually need to win fairly often to continue rising, so they drop. This is why almost everyone you see online is between 0->5000BP.
Loire
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore1358 Posts
January 19 2014 13:45 GMT
#7774
On January 19 2014 19:45 Fatmatt2000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2014 19:04 Loire wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but here goes:

I bought a 2nd hand PS3 stick (Madcatz TE) recently but no inputs are seen when i plug in into my PC, it works on my laptop however. Anyone know what's the issue?


No idea if this has changed or been fixed with newer ones but:

There was apparently some weird bugs in the Original PS3 TEs usb drivers and they only worked with certain brands of USB ports.

On my original PS3 TE I had a problem where it recognized the joystick but you cant actually use/didnt read the inputs with certian motherboard chipsets. USB hubs manufactured by Intel or VIA allowed the TE to work properly, if I recall correctly, and pretty much everything else didn't. The solution to this was to buy a USB hub / PCI usb port that was built with a chipset that actually read the TEs inputs properly and plug it in through there.

Its been years since I had to bother with this, but I remember there being a big thread about what USB hubs worked and which ones didnt with the PS3 TEs on the SRK forums.


thanks!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 19 2014 15:18 GMT
#7775
On January 19 2014 20:04 YulyaVolkova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2014 02:10 Duka08 wrote:
Why am I so bad with Oni ;-;

I've been playing other characters lately and made it to like 1500 PP which is like a record for me, and I love it and feel like I play well.

Then I switch to Oni and win maybe 20% of my games, playing with the same smart mentality. So frustrating.

I broke 5000 BP some time toward the end of the summer and I'm, no shit, down to 2400. As if the more I learn and better I TRY to play, the more I lose. I'm convinced I was probably winning off of nutty stuff before, because my game knowledge and Oni knowledge is way better now than it was months ago.

Just confusing...


This comes up every 5 or so pages in this thread yo. "I broke 5000 BP some time toward the end of the summer and I'm, no shit, down to 2400" - yup, that happens.

Once you hit 5000BP you go up in rank and essentially receive a handicap on point gains so long as you keep that rank (B?). This means that its entirely possible to win at some awful % in ranked and shoot up from 4000->5000BP, but then steadily drop BP vs the same people while winning at the exact same winrate as before once you pop over 5000BP for just a moment.

Guess how you derank from B? You drop to 2500BP (Half of the BP required for B). You've just got there, you've probably ranked down and will now steadily rise again until you hit 5000BP again, at which point you'll probably start dropping again unless you've gotten significantly better.

BP is totally irrelevant so long as its less than 5000. You can have an absurdly low winrate and rise all the way up to 5000BP, at which point almost all players can't push past it now that they actually need to win fairly often to continue rising, so they drop. This is why almost everyone you see online is between 0->5000BP.

Oh wow thanks for the info! That's really weird. I had no idea this was the mechanic. I thought the actual ranks were purely aesthetic. I knew there was scaling as you went higher of course, but I always figured it was more gradual.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 19 2014 16:48 GMT
#7776
Oh my god Sanford Kelly is doing work with Oni.
The King. The Raging Demon finish.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 19 2014 16:57 GMT
#7777
That shit was inspiring lol
Rijot
Profile Joined July 2013
137 Posts
January 19 2014 22:38 GMT
#7778
I do not approve of Sanford straying away from The King in favor of the little bitch Oni.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 19 2014 23:11 GMT
#7779
On January 20 2014 07:38 Rijot wrote:
I do not approve of Sanford straying away from The King in favor of the little bitch Oni.


The King is dead. Long live the King.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 20 2014 16:14 GMT
#7780
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/19/games-for-windows-live-will-soon-be-dead-hooray-heres-a-list-of-devs-removing-it-from-their-games/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

If the article is correct and Capcom does switch to Steamworks for the PC versions and does so before GFWL shuts down, I forgive them for delaying the PC version of Ultra
EZ4ENCE
Prev 1 387 388 389 390 391 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 424
SteadfastSC414
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech139
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi873
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King57
Trikslyr27
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 18
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 19m
OSC
21h 19m
Stellar Fest
21h 19m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.