• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8029 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 385

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 383 384 385 386 387 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
December 23 2013 06:13 GMT
#7681
On December 23 2013 06:59 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 06:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
yo dat excellent adventures doe



You KNOW it's real!


On the topic of Excellent Adventures... I purchased the download and watched it all already (some parts a few times over). It's classic EA and I'm excited for everyone to see it.

However I'm not ashamed to spoil the very end. This is not just another annual special, but the beginning of a new wave! More content/episodes coming soon! Probably explains the new domain and everything.

THE BOYS ARE BACK


I love everything about Excellent Adventures. You get to see how real tournament-level players behave online, how they comment on the play level of the opponent, how they commiserate with or brag to each other after a game, and nothing is going to ever match Mike Ross's level of comic relief. It's just such an easy, straightforward formula for a show, and although I don't know how much they profit from DVD sales or this holiday package or whatever, it just looks like fun to do anyway... so I wonder why they just haven't kept on with it on a regular basis.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 06:38:12
December 23 2013 06:21 GMT
#7682
On December 23 2013 15:13 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 06:59 Duka08 wrote:
On December 23 2013 06:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
yo dat excellent adventures doe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-yknS0bgaI&list=UUTDdH72PnLY1V_ERklKSXMg

You KNOW it's real!


On the topic of Excellent Adventures... I purchased the download and watched it all already (some parts a few times over). It's classic EA and I'm excited for everyone to see it.

However I'm not ashamed to spoil the very end. This is not just another annual special, but the beginning of a new wave! More content/episodes coming soon! Probably explains the new domain and everything.

THE BOYS ARE BACK


I love everything about Excellent Adventures. You get to see how real tournament-level players behave online, how they comment on the play level of the opponent, how they commiserate with or brag to each other after a game, and nothing is going to ever match Mike Ross's level of comic relief. It's just such an easy, straightforward formula for a show, and although I don't know how much they profit from DVD sales or this holiday package or whatever, it just looks like fun to do anyway... so I wonder why they just haven't kept on with it on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure the main reason is strange issues dealing with Capcom. Not profit or time investment. Though those are certainly present, from what I've heard and understood, it's not the primary concern.

I could be totally wrong.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
December 23 2013 11:14 GMT
#7683
On December 23 2013 04:30 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 03:31 WindWolf wrote:
I don't know why, but I have started to play and learn Chun-Li and she is really fun to play. I guess it is because she is different from the other characters that I play

Good character to pick up going into Ultra too! hahaha

So Chun was buffed as well? Who do I choose going into Ultra? Chun-Li, Juri, Rose or Evil Ryu?! Though decision, they all seem to be getting buffs
EZ4ENCE
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
December 23 2013 12:01 GMT
#7684
On December 23 2013 15:13 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 06:59 Duka08 wrote:
On December 23 2013 06:43 Excalibur_Z wrote:
yo dat excellent adventures doe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-yknS0bgaI&list=UUTDdH72PnLY1V_ERklKSXMg

You KNOW it's real!


On the topic of Excellent Adventures... I purchased the download and watched it all already (some parts a few times over). It's classic EA and I'm excited for everyone to see it.

However I'm not ashamed to spoil the very end. This is not just another annual special, but the beginning of a new wave! More content/episodes coming soon! Probably explains the new domain and everything.

THE BOYS ARE BACK


I love everything about Excellent Adventures. You get to see how real tournament-level players behave online, how they comment on the play level of the opponent, how they commiserate with or brag to each other after a game, and nothing is going to ever match Mike Ross's level of comic relief. It's just such an easy, straightforward formula for a show, and although I don't know how much they profit from DVD sales or this holiday package or whatever, it just looks like fun to do anyway... so I wonder why they just haven't kept on with it on a regular basis.


gootecks explained on his stream that basically they stopped because Mike didn't want to do it anymore, the reason behind it was that after the Tokido formula video they got a cease and desist from brady games who own rights to guides of the game, thats when gootecks left from CC and looks like things got somewhat cold between them
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 23 2013 12:10 GMT
#7685
On December 23 2013 20:14 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2013 04:30 Duka08 wrote:
On December 23 2013 03:31 WindWolf wrote:
I don't know why, but I have started to play and learn Chun-Li and she is really fun to play. I guess it is because she is different from the other characters that I play

Good character to pick up going into Ultra too! hahaha

So Chun was buffed as well? Who do I choose going into Ultra? Chun-Li, Juri, Rose or Evil Ryu?! Though decision, they all seem to be getting buffs


Honestly tho, I don't get you saying that Chun Li is different from the other characters you play if you play Juri and Rose :p
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
December 23 2013 15:34 GMT
#7686
Juri and Chun do play very differently I think, but then again, Juri plays differently from basically every other character. Rose is also a little more based around fireball wars and throw mindgames, while Chun is simple, solid footsies.

It's funny because I play the exact same three characters, so I have to decide whether to bandwagon one of them or stick with Sakura. I will probably go back to Chun if her buffs feel substantial enough.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 23 2013 16:26 GMT
#7687
The one Chun buff everyone's talking about is her new insane jump. It's basically double-speed compared to her current one. Not only is it not "floaty" anymore but it's one of the scarier jumps in the whole game and gives her a whole new level of mobility. Pretty sick. Was exciting to watch.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 23 2013 16:57 GMT
#7688
It's funny, but people tend to go for the same characters depending on who they usually main.
My friend who plays Juri uses Chun as his second. Doesn't play Rose tho.

In my case, I find myself having a hard time enjoying playing anything that isn't a very rushdown mix up based character. Makes covering my bad match up somewhat hard tho.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
December 23 2013 17:04 GMT
#7689
On December 24 2013 01:57 Noocta wrote:
It's funny, but people tend to go for the same characters depending on who they usually main.
My friend who plays Juri uses Chun as his second. Doesn't play Rose tho.

I started playing Juri of a coincidence, I started playing Rose and now Chun because I remember seeing really good matches with those characters
EZ4ENCE
SeraNyan
Profile Joined August 2013
United States16 Posts
December 23 2013 19:23 GMT
#7690
From my understanding, Rose is all fundamentals. No reversal, though, so learning how to play solidly and not get thrown (and tech every drop) is more important than learning the mind games at the start. The front throw can't cross up, only back throw can cross up. Her normals are what people play her for. 8.hp is beastly AA when combined with ex-soul throw (sadly you don't have 1-command fits all like Ryu for AA/reversal). slide (9mk), 6hk, 4hk, 2mk, etc. are all decent poking tools. I main Rose, though I'm nowhere near good. I play Ryu as well, though. Generic~

Juri is...interesting. She can do some pretty intense stuff already. I know nothing about her though. :-/

Chun's jump is beastly. It's like she's divekicking without you needing to do any divekick commands. Just air.hk. Done. wtf so good, nyan.
Nyan~
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 23 2013 21:43 GMT
#7691
nyan
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-25 14:48:59
December 25 2013 14:48 GMT
#7692
I was doing some training in the lab with Viper and I just relazed doing 2626 ( clean, no 3 in either ) is a valid motion for qcf x2 motions. That's so weird.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
December 27 2013 12:42 GMT
#7693
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/dec/26/amazon-sale-ultimate-street-fighter-pack-1499-contains-ssf4-ae-sfxt-pc-and-injustice-ultimate-edition-1999-digital-downloads/

STREET FIGHTER ON SALE PEOPLE SOMEONE WAS ASKING AND RWRZR DELIVERS CALL ME SANTA.

Also. Where my Oro and Urien? ULTRA STREETFIGHTER 4 ARCADE STRIKE?
FADC
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
December 28 2013 03:03 GMT
#7694
On December 25 2013 23:48 Noocta wrote:
I was doing some training in the lab with Viper and I just relazed doing 2626 ( clean, no 3 in either ) is a valid motion for qcf x2 motions. That's so weird.

Depends, are you doing these on keyboard? Since if you're just pressing 2626 with 2 different fingers, chances are big the 2 and 6 overlap somewhere and you're effectively pressing a 3. The game will check for new states with every key pressed or released, so pressing the 6 before 2 is released will end up in a 3.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
December 28 2013 04:22 GMT
#7695
Actually for fireballs the game just cares about the down and forward inputs, so you can get away with just doing 26 (or 2626 for supers).
Moderator
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 28 2013 04:40 GMT
#7696
On December 28 2013 12:03 aseq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2013 23:48 Noocta wrote:
I was doing some training in the lab with Viper and I just relazed doing 2626 ( clean, no 3 in either ) is a valid motion for qcf x2 motions. That's so weird.

Depends, are you doing these on keyboard? Since if you're just pressing 2626 with 2 different fingers, chances are big the 2 and 6 overlap somewhere and you're effectively pressing a 3. The game will check for new states with every key pressed or released, so pressing the 6 before 2 is released will end up in a 3.


I play on stick and the inputs on the side were definitely showing a pure 2626.
A 26 doesn't work as a qcf, but 2626 seems to work for a qcfx2.

No idea why. Don't really care either way. :p
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 28 2013 06:18 GMT
#7697
On December 28 2013 13:22 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Actually for fireballs the game just cares about the down and forward inputs, so you can get away with just doing 26 (or 2626 for supers).

Yeah that's the weird thing - as Noocta said, 26 DOESNT actually work for fireball inputs. It NEEDS to be a full 236. But that's not the case for super/ultra inputs for double fireball. DAT LENIENCY
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 28 2013 15:24 GMT
#7698
34 is a shortcut for hcb. Sometimes it feels like you have to be very precise with your inputs despite the leniency because every motion you make is part of some alternate input. One of the reasons I can't play seth
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
December 28 2013 15:34 GMT
#7699
hehe getting those spds instead of sonic booms too? i feel u ^^
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 28 2013 16:05 GMT
#7700
Yeah lol, although with Seth you can always play it off as a mix-up (if it works, that is). "I meant to do that"
Prev 1 383 384 385 386 387 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 46
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever397
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1575
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3281
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft329
ArmadaUGS237
C9.Mang0204
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick900
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo642
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 10m
OSC
10h 10m
Stellar Fest
10h 10m
OSC
21h 10m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.