• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:43
CEST 14:43
KST 21:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 383

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 381 382 383 384 385 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 18 2013 20:00 GMT
#7641
I guess it's the ground tatsu that juggle after jMP.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
December 19 2013 08:33 GMT
#7642
Played the most Street Fighter I have played in months at a local and man did I have a blast! Gave me more of a drive to start playing again. Time to touch up on my Adon knowledge!
Twitter: @KingKosi
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 19 2013 10:04 GMT
#7643
Yes it means its cancellable like Goukens.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 20:26:45
December 20 2013 20:24 GMT
#7644


I'm so exciteeeeeddDD!!!
:DDDD (see if you can spot me!)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
December 20 2013 22:06 GMT
#7645
care to explain that last post?
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 20 2013 22:29 GMT
#7646
colour me intrigued
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 22:45:42
December 20 2013 22:45 GMT
#7647
Ive seen tweets by some big names in the FGC that they're travelling to Germany for some kind of show.

At the same time the host of said show asked for help with setting up the stations for playing in a german forum.

I think those two things and Torte de lini's post are related.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 20 2013 22:52 GMT
#7648
There's a Location test sur OSF4 in Paris the 4th
So hesitant to go.. I live pretty far from Paris but transportation isn't too expensive.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
DaMuffinman
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1705 Posts
December 20 2013 23:40 GMT
#7649
On December 21 2013 05:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/414099095842983937

I'm so exciteeeeeddDD!!!
:DDDD (see if you can spot me!)


Ok... I call that you are the guy in the middle(not counting the one in the back)

Some context for the other guys here (Torte correct me if I am wrong, I have just read parts of your blogs and read some stuff about Clauf/ESGN):

Clauf, based in Berlin, Germany but an international company, is going to start esgn.tv soon. Look it up. ESGN is all about esports. A part of that is SF:IV and there seems to be a street fighter tournament/showmatch thingy going on... Torte de Lini happens to work at Clauf.

Ok why I came here, I saw the thread got bumped and hoped there may be a sale on steam that I was missing or something... But there isn't. Really hoping SF:IV goes on sale.

What controller are you guys recommending? I don't wanna get fancy stuff, as SF:IV would just be some stuff I'd play with friends, but I have just one controller with a decent D-Pad and I need a second one.
But does it djent?
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 23:46:07
December 20 2013 23:45 GMT
#7650
On December 21 2013 08:40 itsdamuffinman wrote:
What controller are you guys recommending? I don't wanna get fancy stuff, as SF:IV would just be some stuff I'd play with friends, but I have just one controller with a decent D-Pad and I need a second one.


In my opinion, the best pads for fighting games are:

1. Saturn Pad (modded, hard to find)
2. Dualshock 4
3. Dualshock 2

The DS4 D-Pad is a lot bigger and more accurate than the DS2, but it's also more expensive since it's new, and it's a lot wider which might be a turnoff. Also, the L2 and R2 buttons are SUPER sensitive, so you either need to unbind them or be very careful.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Shinbi
Profile Joined December 2009
338 Posts
December 20 2013 23:49 GMT
#7651
On December 21 2013 08:40 itsdamuffinman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 05:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/414099095842983937

I'm so exciteeeeeddDD!!!
:DDDD (see if you can spot me!)


Ok... I call that you are the guy in the middle(not counting the one in the back)

Some context for the other guys here (Torte correct me if I am wrong, I have just read parts of your blogs and read some stuff about Clauf/ESGN):

Clauf, based in Berlin, Germany but an international company, is going to start esgn.tv soon. Look it up. ESGN is all about esports. A part of that is SF:IV and there seems to be a street fighter tournament/showmatch thingy going on... Torte de Lini happens to work at Clauf.

Ok why I came here, I saw the thread got bumped and hoped there may be a sale on steam that I was missing or something... But there isn't. Really hoping SF:IV goes on sale.

What controller are you guys recommending? I don't wanna get fancy stuff, as SF:IV would just be some stuff I'd play with friends, but I have just one controller with a decent D-Pad and I need a second one.


SF is currently on sale at a 50% discount, and likely it may go on a flash sale as well. Can't answer your controller question unfortunately =/
DaMuffinman
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1705 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-20 23:51:44
December 20 2013 23:51 GMT
#7652
On December 21 2013 08:45 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 08:40 itsdamuffinman wrote:
What controller are you guys recommending? I don't wanna get fancy stuff, as SF:IV would just be some stuff I'd play with friends, but I have just one controller with a decent D-Pad and I need a second one.


In my opinion, the best pads for fighting games are:

1. Saturn Pad (modded, hard to find)
2. Dualshock 4
3. Dualshock 2

The DS4 D-Pad is a lot bigger and more accurate than the DS2, but it's also more expensive since it's new, and it's a lot wider which might be a turnoff. Also, the L2 and R2 buttons are SUPER sensitive, so you either need to unbind them or be very careful.



Damn, didn't think of the Dualshock 2! A friend should still have one (including adapter), so I could just borrow that one if we want to play SF:IV, thanks for the quick answer!
But does it djent?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 20 2013 23:59 GMT
#7653
Dualshock controler are pretty good.
Luffy still use a modded Dualshock 1. Alioune use a Dualshock 2 as far as I remember.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
December 21 2013 02:00 GMT
#7654
SF4 will definitely go 75% off, you just gotta keep an eye out for it. I'm sure someone will make mention of it either here or in the PC game sale thread.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-21 06:20:26
December 21 2013 06:02 GMT
#7655
On December 21 2013 08:40 itsdamuffinman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2013 05:24 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/414099095842983937

I'm so exciteeeeeddDD!!!
:DDDD (see if you can spot me!)


Ok... I call that you are the guy in the middle(not counting the one in the back)

Some context for the other guys here (Torte correct me if I am wrong, I have just read parts of your blogs and read some stuff about Clauf/ESGN):

Clauf, based in Berlin, Germany but an international company, is going to start esgn.tv soon. Look it up. ESGN is all about esports. A part of that is SF:IV and there seems to be a street fighter tournament/showmatch thingy going on... Torte de Lini happens to work at Clauf.

Ok why I came here, I saw the thread got bumped and hoped there may be a sale on steam that I was missing or something... But there isn't. Really hoping SF:IV goes on sale.

What controller are you guys recommending? I don't wanna get fancy stuff, as SF:IV would just be some stuff I'd play with friends, but I have just one controller with a decent D-Pad and I need a second one.


I'm behind Infiltration :D

I wsan't serious about SFIV before, so I got the Hori Fighting VX; it's not too solid, but I like it. cheaper too. Might get something better now, but I haven't decided :x
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Tilorn91
Profile Joined July 2012
Serbia218 Posts
December 21 2013 21:49 GMT
#7656
I need to brag somewhere, but since I have no friends playing ssf4ae, it has to be on TL! I just made C rank with Evil Ryu!

I found quite a few guides on combos for him, but the trademark Evil Ryu combo (Jump in HK, Crouching MP, Standing HP, MK Axe Kick, Crouching MP, LK Tatsu, Shoryuken) is just impossible for me to do.

My gameplay just relies on on DPing jump ins, spamming hadokens or the fire version that hits 3 times, and doing the crouching medium kick into fireball, and the only punish for whiffed combos that I can pull off is heavy punch into DP.

Any advice on how to achieve the links between standing HP, medium axe kick, crMP?
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
December 21 2013 22:12 GMT
#7657
you can start doing cr.lp after the mk axe kick, then learn how to plink and change that to the mp
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 21 2013 22:16 GMT
#7658
On December 22 2013 06:49 Tilorn91 wrote:
I need to brag somewhere, but since I have no friends playing ssf4ae, it has to be on TL! I just made C rank with Evil Ryu!

I found quite a few guides on combos for him, but the trademark Evil Ryu combo (Jump in HK, Crouching MP, Standing HP, MK Axe Kick, Crouching MP, LK Tatsu, Shoryuken) is just impossible for me to do.

My gameplay just relies on on DPing jump ins, spamming hadokens or the fire version that hits 3 times, and doing the crouching medium kick into fireball, and the only punish for whiffed combos that I can pull off is heavy punch into DP.

Any advice on how to achieve the links between standing HP, medium axe kick, crMP?

Learn to plink. There should be plenty of guides out there.

Until you can do that you can also make the combo easier by linking the axe kick into cr.lp instead.
Gyabo
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States329 Posts
December 22 2013 02:49 GMT
#7659
On December 22 2013 06:49 Tilorn91 wrote:
I need to brag somewhere, but since I have no friends playing ssf4ae, it has to be on TL! I just made C rank with Evil Ryu!

I found quite a few guides on combos for him, but the trademark Evil Ryu combo (Jump in HK, Crouching MP, Standing HP, MK Axe Kick, Crouching MP, LK Tatsu, Shoryuken) is just impossible for me to do.

My gameplay just relies on on DPing jump ins, spamming hadokens or the fire version that hits 3 times, and doing the crouching medium kick into fireball, and the only punish for whiffed combos that I can pull off is heavy punch into DP.

Any advice on how to achieve the links between standing HP, medium axe kick, crMP?

The first cr.mp is unnecessary. If the j.hk hits then you'll be in range to follow up with hp (or cr.hp), mk axe kick, etc. The combo will already do huge damage without that link.

And ya, I agree with the 2 posts above. Just use cr.lp until you get comfortable with plinking. One thing that helps me when practicing combos is to hit the buttons harder. Doing so will help you be more confident in the timing of hitting links. It's more of a psychological thing but every little bit helps.
Tilorn91
Profile Joined July 2012
Serbia218 Posts
December 22 2013 11:02 GMT
#7660
Thank you all for the advice, I can now hit the link about 10% of the time (terrible, but still progress compared to 0% from before!) and I'll work on it hard!
Prev 1 381 382 383 384 385 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko359
ProTech137
Rex 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46482
Hyuk 1488
Jaedong 862
Soma 464
Horang2 376
EffOrt 374
BeSt 357
actioN 356
Soulkey 349
Mini 346
[ Show more ]
Last 279
Zeus 266
Light 256
Stork 223
Larva 178
910 173
Snow 133
ggaemo 120
Rush 120
ZerO 106
Pusan 83
Mind 60
Killer 57
Shine 45
JYJ 40
Sharp 39
Creator 39
hero 36
Free 29
Shinee 26
Yoon 25
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 18
HiyA 16
Noble 14
sorry 13
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7989
Dendi769
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1556
markeloff119
kRYSTAL_46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1574
crisheroes919
Other Games
gofns41373
singsing1988
B2W.Neo698
XBOCT331
hiko320
DeMusliM290
Pyrionflax275
byalli253
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1448
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream143
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH323
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1481
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
17m
Rex96
The PondCast
21h 17m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.