• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9663 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 381

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 379 380 381 382 383 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
December 15 2013 04:27 GMT
#7601
Satsui no Hadou is too powerful!
Mitsuwa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
December 15 2013 04:31 GMT
#7602
Sako's play is so sick
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 04:57:16
December 15 2013 04:57 GMT
#7603
+ Show Spoiler +
Sako deserved that. He hasn't really had a big win under his belt in this game, as surprising as it may be.
I'm still frustrated about Haitani vs Xian tho. I wanted a Haitani vs Sako final so bad.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
December 15 2013 12:50 GMT
#7604
YES! I finally beat my first human opponent - a C player no less! :p Ryu vs. Oni and I won 2:0! Got a bit lucky with some shoryuken EX hits in the first round and him missing his ultra, then in the second round it got pretty close until I connected my ultra hadouken.

Post-match screen

Thank you so much for helping me getting into the game everybody. I've been improving quite a bit thanks to your help! Now if only I didn't have to wait 15 mins to find a custom game (with no filters except same skill) and it didn't require me to hit return every 2 secs...
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 15 2013 16:22 GMT
#7605
On December 15 2013 21:50 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
YES! I finally beat my first human opponent - a C player no less! :p Ryu vs. Oni and I won 2:0! Got a bit lucky with some shoryuken EX hits in the first round and him missing his ultra, then in the second round it got pretty close until I connected my ultra hadouken.

Post-match screen

Thank you so much for helping me getting into the game everybody. I've been improving quite a bit thanks to your help! Now if only I didn't have to wait 15 mins to find a custom game (with no filters except same skill) and it didn't require me to hit return every 2 secs...

When do you play? And on PC I assume? PC definitely has less players but I'd think at prime time it should never take that long to find a match. I'm not EU so I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't imagine it's too different from NA... And that's with all of the correct filters too.

Congrats on the win!
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 15 2013 16:34 GMT
#7606
On December 16 2013 01:22 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 21:50 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
YES! I finally beat my first human opponent - a C player no less! :p Ryu vs. Oni and I won 2:0! Got a bit lucky with some shoryuken EX hits in the first round and him missing his ultra, then in the second round it got pretty close until I connected my ultra hadouken.

Post-match screen

Thank you so much for helping me getting into the game everybody. I've been improving quite a bit thanks to your help! Now if only I didn't have to wait 15 mins to find a custom game (with no filters except same skill) and it didn't require me to hit return every 2 secs...

When do you play? And on PC I assume? PC definitely has less players but I'd think at prime time it should never take that long to find a match. I'm not EU so I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't imagine it's too different from NA... And that's with all of the correct filters too.

Congrats on the win!

Only true for NA. For EU my experience has been that PC has more players.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 15 2013 16:34 GMT
#7607
On December 16 2013 01:34 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2013 01:22 Duka08 wrote:
On December 15 2013 21:50 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
YES! I finally beat my first human opponent - a C player no less! :p Ryu vs. Oni and I won 2:0! Got a bit lucky with some shoryuken EX hits in the first round and him missing his ultra, then in the second round it got pretty close until I connected my ultra hadouken.

Post-match screen

Thank you so much for helping me getting into the game everybody. I've been improving quite a bit thanks to your help! Now if only I didn't have to wait 15 mins to find a custom game (with no filters except same skill) and it didn't require me to hit return every 2 secs...

When do you play? And on PC I assume? PC definitely has less players but I'd think at prime time it should never take that long to find a match. I'm not EU so I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't imagine it's too different from NA... And that's with all of the correct filters too.

Congrats on the win!

Only true for NA. For EU my experience has been that PC has more players.

Really?! That's awesome. Well in that case, now I'm REALLY curious when he plays haha.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
December 15 2013 16:39 GMT
#7608
Hmm well it was 1-2pm this Sunday afternoon on PC!
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
December 15 2013 17:48 GMT
#7609
I was playing around with capturing game footage with FRAPS so I decided to record the replay of my win. If anybody objects to me putting this here, I'd gladly take it to Blogs, just let me know. But maybe you could give me some tips on where to go from here based on my gameplay?





Keep in mind that I am super noob at the game, this is after ~12 hours of playing the game according to Steam! My intuition tells me that I rely too much on special moves, EX and my ultra when I should get better at normal play, is that the case?
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 15 2013 18:12 GMT
#7610
On December 16 2013 02:48 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
My intuition tells me that I rely too much on special moves, EX and my ultra when I should get better at normal play, is that the case?

I think this is fairly common when you're starting out, especially on a character like Ryu who has strong/well-rounded specials. There's a reason it's called the Ryu Army. Eventually you'll just start playing people who know how to punish you for it, and you'll have to adapt and rely more on pokes and defense.

Other than watching the pros and tournaments, I don't really have advice though. That's how I learned. You start bad, you win some lose some and develop certain skills regardless, and eventually the better players don't fall for the tricks anymore. So you have to start to play footsies and think.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 15 2013 18:24 GMT
#7611
I saw you were still struggling a bit with the inputs, and making some random decisions. So, that's a big area for improvement. Study your opponent's behaviors and tendencies and react to them. Throw a mix of fireballs (qcf+p) and fakes (qcf+LK) to see how he handles it. Since he was doing a lot of tatsus, you can HP Shoryu that on reaction. Also Shoryu any jump-in attempts. To minimize the probability of trading with the jump-in attack, do your Shoryu from crouch (df, d, df+p). When you have the life lead, don't be afraid to let your opponent come to you. Make him expose weaknesses that you can exploit. Punish his recklessness.

You were throwing out Ryu's sweep a lot. While it's a good move, it's punishable on block (especially at close range) so your best option is to combo into it. On its own it doesn't do much damage.

When you get an opportunity for free damage, make the most of it. When you see Oni misses that Shoryu right in front of you, punish with c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP) for a ton of damage. That's going to do triple the damage of the sweep.
Moderator
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
December 15 2013 19:12 GMT
#7612
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
December 15 2013 19:26 GMT
#7613
Yeah, sf4 has a very lenient input window, so instead of doing forward, down, down-forward you can do down-forward, down, down-forward. This has the advantage that you can do the dp from crouch, plus that it is an easier motion (way easier to buffer for instance)
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
December 15 2013 19:36 GMT
#7614
Ah, sweet, I had no idea! Cool, thanks for that tip - I will practice the crouch version of the Shoryuken then!
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 15 2013 20:20 GMT
#7615
QCF+LK will not throw a fake fireball, but it will make it look like you're throwing out a move and can sometimes prompt opponents to jump or throw out a normal of their own while you are ready to punish.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 15 2013 20:40 GMT
#7616
On December 16 2013 05:20 ain wrote:
QCF+LK will not throw a fake fireball, but it will make it look like you're throwing out a move and can sometimes prompt opponents to jump or throw out a normal of their own while you are ready to punish.


Yeah, it's more that the motion (you go from crouching to standing) plus the first few frames of standing LK (Ryu pulls his arms back a little bit) can trick people into thinking it's a fireball and jumping. It's a quick move with fast recovery leaving you plenty of time to Shoryu their jump on reaction.
Moderator
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 15 2013 22:23 GMT
#7617
I know this isn't really the place to ask, but I can't seem to figure out my fightstick. I got a new PC with Win7 and even though my Hori Fighting Stick VX worked on my old PC, it doesn't work on this new one even though its the same win7 64-bit. My Xbox controller works just fine, but the Stick won't work at all.

I already installed the driver for standard xbox 360 controllers and so far nothing.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 16 2013 04:51 GMT
#7618
Something must be wrong with me, I want to learn Akuma.

No idea about your stick problem Torte though.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Gyabo
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States329 Posts
December 16 2013 18:45 GMT
#7619
Just finished watching Capcom Cup, glad to see Sako sticking with Evil Ryu the whole way. I wouldn't have expected him to dominate the EVO champ the way he did. Maybe with Ibuki, but with Evil Ryu against Gen? So impressive.

Btw, when ChrisG was playing, James Chen mentioned that ChrisG never learned plinking so he does all his combos without it. I was shocked to hear that since he plays Sakura. Granted, ChrisG only goes for cr.hp after lk.tatsu when he's styling, or hp.dp fadc cl.hp when he knows it'll win him the round, but he still hits those a decent percentage of the time in tournaments. So is this really true? ChrisG can hit these 1 frame links fairly consistently without plinking?
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 16 2013 20:33 GMT
#7620
He can land her tatsu loops very consistently, but he very frequently drops the fierce SRK FADC -> cl.fp link.
Prev 1 379 380 381 382 383 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 568
Artosis 360
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 479
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1397
Other Games
summit1g7603
shahzam520
byalli342
C9.Mang0226
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
14h 24m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.