• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:39
CEST 22:39
KST 05:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7832 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 382

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 380 381 382 383 384 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
December 16 2013 21:34 GMT
#7621
On December 16 2013 13:51 Noocta wrote:
Something must be wrong with me, I want to learn Akuma.

No idea about your stick problem Torte though.


poooooo

I gotta practice for when special people come D:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
December 16 2013 22:45 GMT
#7622
I sometimes have issues with my Xbox 360 controller overriding my Madcatz TE stick. Maybe its that?
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
December 16 2013 22:46 GMT
#7623
On December 16 2013 04:12 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?


isn't that redundant since double down-forwards is the shortcut input for srk?

Fan of the Jangbanger
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 22:53:11
December 16 2013 22:50 GMT
#7624
On December 17 2013 07:46 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2013 04:12 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?


isn't that redundant since double down-forwards is the shortcut input for srk?


If you're on a keyboard / hitbox, probably so. But going to down instead of neutral is how all stick users do it, which is probably why it was written that way

Edit: actually, it's probably still easier on keyboard to just hold down and tap forward twice. so not redundant!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 23:13:53
December 16 2013 23:04 GMT
#7625
On December 17 2013 07:46 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2013 04:12 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?


isn't that redundant since double down-forwards is the shortcut input for srk?


Doing double diagonal directional inputs is hard on stick. DF, D, DF is simple and consistent (just a wiggle!) compared to DF, (neutral), DF. You're likely to accidentally trigger down or forward on the way to your down-forward.

At least, that's my experience lol.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
December 16 2013 23:09 GMT
#7626
On December 17 2013 03:45 Gyabo wrote:
Just finished watching Capcom Cup, glad to see Sako sticking with Evil Ryu the whole way. I wouldn't have expected him to dominate the EVO champ the way he did. Maybe with Ibuki, but with Evil Ryu against Gen? So impressive.

Btw, when ChrisG was playing, James Chen mentioned that ChrisG never learned plinking so he does all his combos without it. I was shocked to hear that since he plays Sakura. Granted, ChrisG only goes for cr.hp after lk.tatsu when he's styling, or hp.dp fadc cl.hp when he knows it'll win him the round, but he still hits those a decent percentage of the time in tournaments. So is this really true? ChrisG can hit these 1 frame links fairly consistently without plinking?


Chris does plink. He doesn't plink everything, and he'll often go for easier, unplinkable combos with s.jab after a tatsu. This is especially funny to me because an unplinkable 2-frame link is essentially identical to a plinkable 1 frame link. hp shou FADC cl.hp, he does plink the cl.hp
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 16 2013 23:48 GMT
#7627
On December 17 2013 07:46 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2013 04:12 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?


isn't that redundant since double down-forwards is the shortcut input for srk?



Double down-forward is actually not the shortcut for SRK. A long time ago I downloaded vanilla SF4 and went into training mode to record macros on my Logitech G15. One of the things I recorded was 33P, an exact down-forward, down-forward, punch motion. No SRK came out. It wasn't until I did either df,f,df or df,d,df that the shortcut actually worked. The reason people say "df,df is the shortcut" is because on a controller or a stick (or even a keyboard) you're invariably going to hit either the d or f part of the second df first.
Moderator
Gyabo
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States329 Posts
December 17 2013 00:05 GMT
#7628
On December 17 2013 08:09 FakeSteve[TPR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 03:45 Gyabo wrote:
Just finished watching Capcom Cup, glad to see Sako sticking with Evil Ryu the whole way. I wouldn't have expected him to dominate the EVO champ the way he did. Maybe with Ibuki, but with Evil Ryu against Gen? So impressive.

Btw, when ChrisG was playing, James Chen mentioned that ChrisG never learned plinking so he does all his combos without it. I was shocked to hear that since he plays Sakura. Granted, ChrisG only goes for cr.hp after lk.tatsu when he's styling, or hp.dp fadc cl.hp when he knows it'll win him the round, but he still hits those a decent percentage of the time in tournaments. So is this really true? ChrisG can hit these 1 frame links fairly consistently without plinking?


Chris does plink. He doesn't plink everything, and he'll often go for easier, unplinkable combos with s.jab after a tatsu. This is especially funny to me because an unplinkable 2-frame link is essentially identical to a plinkable 1 frame link. hp shou FADC cl.hp, he does plink the cl.hp

Ah I see. Thought it sounded fishy that he doesn't plink at all since that hp shou fadc cl.hp is hard enough even with plinking.

I was also wondering, does anyone know if it's easy to do what Sako does with rewiring the select button to the 3P button and vice versa? I'd love to be able to do those Evil Ryu combos of ...lk axe kick, fadc, cr.lp, st.hp (continue bnb)... but that axe kick fadc cr.lp is a 1 frame link and I can't get that consistently without plinking. I can get fadc into cl.mp but that doesn't force stand so I can't end the combo with lk tatsu, dp if the opponent is crouching.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 17 2013 00:09 GMT
#7629
It's not hard, but you have a pretty tough transition period because you end up pushing all your buttons one row to the right. ( medium becomes lights, heavy become medium, etc ) because you want the select / back button next to your light punch.

In the stick itself it's just pulling off some wires and putting them back elsewhere, it's really not that difficult to do.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
December 17 2013 01:34 GMT
#7630
On December 17 2013 08:48 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2013 07:46 O-ops wrote:
On December 16 2013 04:12 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Thanks for the pointers, both the general advice from you, Duka08, and the more specific tips from you, Excalibur_Z. Makes perfect sense! I had no idea I could throw fireball fakes with light kick instead of punch for example. Countering every jump-in with Shoryuken is what I generally try but can't always pull off quite yet.

I need some help understanding this move however: c.hp xx Shoryu (df+HP, d, df+HP)

Can you clarify? Down-Forward+Hard Punch, Down, Down-Forward+Hard Punch? Are those the keys?


isn't that redundant since double down-forwards is the shortcut input for srk?



Double down-forward is actually not the shortcut for SRK. A long time ago I downloaded vanilla SF4 and went into training mode to record macros on my Logitech G15. One of the things I recorded was 33P, an exact down-forward, down-forward, punch motion. No SRK came out. It wasn't until I did either df,f,df or df,d,df that the shortcut actually worked. The reason people say "df,df is the shortcut" is because on a controller or a stick (or even a keyboard) you're invariably going to hit either the d or f part of the second df first.

Yeah, I thought so too. I even think it's not really a 'programmed' shortcut at all, but something like this: DF counts as both down and forward, so DF,D,DF can be reduced to F, D, DF for the correct input. If you were to move the stick to neutral, you would always pass one of the 2 (D or F) when moving into the corner, as the 2 switches won't hit in the same 1/1000 second. So you're doing something like N, F, DF, F, N, F, DF. Leave out some of the stuff and you can still find a shoryu in there. Same if you pass down instead of forward on the way.
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
December 17 2013 19:32 GMT
#7631
Hi guys, another SF noob here.

I just recently started playing Sagat, and I just can't seem to get his ultra combo. Right now I'm just trying to do a
uppercut->FADC->f.HK, but it seems like my f.HK always misses, and a lot of times I actually end up on the other side of Ryu after the FADC. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here, any pointers?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 17 2013 21:12 GMT
#7632
On December 18 2013 04:32 Ultraliskhero wrote:
Hi guys, another SF noob here.

I just recently started playing Sagat, and I just can't seem to get his ultra combo. Right now I'm just trying to do a
uppercut->FADC->f.HK, but it seems like my f.HK always misses, and a lot of times I actually end up on the other side of Ryu after the FADC. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here, any pointers?


If you have Ryu in the corner, you need to FADC backward, not forward.

If it's a counterhit (Ryu is spinning in the air), he'll float differently and I don't know if you can actually connect a f+HK, so just go straight into Ultra.

If it's a normal hit, you can hold the focus attack for a little bit longer before dashing forward and doing the f+HK. If you do it too soon then you can go right under him.

If it's a trade (your uppercut trades with a jump-in), you just do the f+HK immediately into Ultra. This is by far the easiest way to land the combo.
Moderator
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
December 17 2013 22:23 GMT
#7633
On December 18 2013 06:12 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2013 04:32 Ultraliskhero wrote:
Hi guys, another SF noob here.

I just recently started playing Sagat, and I just can't seem to get his ultra combo. Right now I'm just trying to do a
uppercut->FADC->f.HK, but it seems like my f.HK always misses, and a lot of times I actually end up on the other side of Ryu after the FADC. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong here, any pointers?


If you have Ryu in the corner, you need to FADC backward, not forward.

If it's a counterhit (Ryu is spinning in the air), he'll float differently and I don't know if you can actually connect a f+HK, so just go straight into Ultra.

If it's a normal hit, you can hold the focus attack for a little bit longer before dashing forward and doing the f+HK. If you do it too soon then you can go right under him.

If it's a trade (your uppercut trades with a jump-in), you just do the f+HK immediately into Ultra. This is by far the easiest way to land the combo.


Ok, think I need to do the wait a bit before dashing thing, will try it later. Thanks!
Black0ut
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States75 Posts
December 18 2013 01:50 GMT
#7634
Yeah I had this issue back in the day, and indeed it is a waiting thing. The issue is that if you do it too early, sagat goes under (as you noticed), but if you do it late enough and wait for the opponent to be low enough, when you press forward + HK, sagat will actually push the opponent's airborne body with him when he steps forward for the forward + HK, and then the forward + hk will hit.

Also keep in mind that while the extra damage is nice of the forward HK, it is not always 100% necessary. Don't be afraid to just do the ultra if you don't feel the forward HK will hit. In the heat of a match (tournament especially), after you hit the guy, you have to quickly assess if its a normal or counter hit (as excalibur mentioned, they fall different), and if you do it wrong, you will miss and lose out on a lot of damage. Sometimes it's better to just be safe and do the ultra after uppercut FADC.

www.phantomfist.com - My webcomic!
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
December 18 2013 03:52 GMT
#7635
Dunno if it this has been posted yet or would qualify as a meme, but



lol.

I lost my shit at like 5 different parts in this video.

Btw, do you guys think the changes are really final?
Fan of the Jangbanger
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
December 18 2013 04:05 GMT
#7636
Those changes were made based on community feedback prior to location tests. Now that the game is in full loctest mode they're going to retune things that don't make sense. I certainly wouldn't say they're final.
Moderator
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 18 2013 04:19 GMT
#7637
By the way, talking Ryu in USF4, Valle did spit the new toy on twitter

Ryu can apparently do jMP > jMP > Tatsu now.
I guess they raised tatsu juggle count.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
December 18 2013 07:06 GMT
#7638
Also, IGN's video about the new characters are surprisingly good
I recommend checking them out

Poison

Rolento

Hugo

Elena
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
December 18 2013 10:41 GMT
#7639
On December 18 2013 16:06 Noocta wrote:
Also, IGN's video about the new characters are surprisingly good
I recommend checking them out

Poison http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c6F3mZWEMU0
Rolento http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GkvGM-4f7Hk
Hugo http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p5m35yHVpQc
Elena http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VgHMXb7F3kA


That is seriously good, for a news channel!
Mitsuwa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States793 Posts
December 18 2013 19:33 GMT
#7640
On December 18 2013 13:19 Noocta wrote:
By the way, talking Ryu in USF4, Valle did spit the new toy on twitter

Ryu can apparently do jMP > jMP > Tatsu now.
I guess they raised tatsu juggle count.


Wait, does that mean jMP is cancelable into air tatsu now like gouken? Or does valle mean that you land in enough time after the second jMP and do a tatsu after that on the ground?
Prev 1 380 381 382 383 384 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason21
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3895
Liquid`Hasu2107
Other Games
summit1g5787
B2W.Neo528
byalli471
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0173
KnowMe156
Chillindude21
Railgan17
Trikslyr13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
Stellar Fest
16h 21m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.