• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:06
CEST 12:06
KST 19:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11296 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 194 195 196 Next
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
May 20 2011 05:12 GMT
#81
On May 14 2011 02:43 bLingKing wrote:
I'm hoping for the best for Ascend, cause in my opinion, T2 and T:V should not be considered sequels to the original Tribes game.

Base was an abomination but classic was very well made. T:V I might have to agree with ;o ignoring everything else that was wrong with it, they screwed up the skiing physics in that game. Can't have tribes without decent skiing(and why t2 base was so awful).
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 02:08:18
June 01 2011 02:05 GMT
#82
I can't wait for this game. A FPS game that actually takes skill *drools*. I miss playing Tribes ><
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
Adzigari
Profile Joined January 2011
United States44 Posts
June 01 2011 16:30 GMT
#83
I dont completely understand this. Is this the "MMO" style they were working on, or is this basically "Tribes 3"?
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
June 01 2011 16:34 GMT
#84
Tribes 1 was my first gaming love.

www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
June 01 2011 16:54 GMT
#85
On June 02 2011 01:30 Adzigari wrote:
I dont completely understand this. Is this the "MMO" style they were working on, or is this basically "Tribes 3"?

Its basically tribes 3.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
June 01 2011 17:33 GMT
#86
Tribes: Vengeance was Tribes 3, so that would make this Tribes 4? :d
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
ProjectVirtue
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada360 Posts
June 12 2011 02:49 GMT
#87
diamond sword heavy posted a bit ago

[image loading]


also, this blurb

We've been preparing to host the first hands-on previews of Tribes: Ascend for some major game press sites over the next 2 weeks. So look forward to more press coverage of T:A toward end of June - including release of gameplay vid!
俺はダメ人間。。。
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
June 12 2011 02:57 GMT
#88
They're certainly a lot bulkier now. To be honest I like the new look.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
June 12 2011 04:59 GMT
#89
I never played Tribe but have heard only good stuff about this game.
I watched the vod of the final set in the OP's post and that was a blast.
I hope Tribes : Ascend will be the successor the game deserve.
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
June 12 2011 05:28 GMT
#90
did they not have a showing at E3 ?
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
June 12 2011 05:45 GMT
#91
On June 02 2011 01:34 Luckbox wrote:
Tribes 1 was my first gaming love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhMBPVE4tkw

I didn't know Jimmy Urine played tribes
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
ProjectVirtue
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada360 Posts
June 21 2011 19:47 GMT
#92
sexy new wallpaper they released :D

[image loading]

new wildcat looks sexy as hell
俺はダメ人間。。。
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
June 21 2011 19:52 GMT
#93
I'm kinda sad the MMOFPS has been delayed, looking forward to Planetside 2 more than this now. Still will be a cool game for all the diehard Tribes fans, and I'll probably pick it up. But I was really looking forward to more MMOFPS
Sixotanaka
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-21 20:27:02
June 21 2011 20:19 GMT
#94
The first game I played online. I played Tribes 1 so much on Homelan servers. I really liked the skiing mechanic, but the sequels sucked . Can't wait to disc some noobs out of the sky :D.

EDIT: Damn nostalgia, I hope they have the same attention to detail as the original, I want to fly under the radar more :D.
Jswizzy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 00:25:58
June 22 2011 00:24 GMT
#95
PC is the lead system!

"But to us the biggest issue on consoles is actually the restriction on how frequently and independently our development team can update the game. With Tribes: Ascend we plan to have a significant beta phase but also to continually update features and content post-release. The PC is still the best platform for delivering constant game updates and that is the main reason we are starting with PC."


http://www.fpsguru.com/game/272/features/47/Tribes-Ascend-Todd-Harris-QA.html

[image loading]
[image loading]
I always try to give a sensitive, reasoned answer. This is usually awkward, time consuming and pointless.
starcraft911
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Korea (South)1263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 00:51:01
June 22 2011 00:49 GMT
#96
On June 01 2011 11:05 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
I can't wait for this game. A FPS game that actually takes skill *drools*. I miss playing Tribes ><


I used to play tribes for IE when it was easily the best team in the game. It's was a really fun game, but it wasnt designed very well for competition unfortunately. I think as far as skill goes it was pretty low compared to other FPS games like painkiller, quake live, or counterstrike.

Don't get me wrong, tribes was awesome, but the skill involved in tribes is low. :p
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
June 22 2011 00:53 GMT
#97
I played Tribes:Aerial Assault on PS2, it was an absolutely excellent team game, and we had a bunch of clans on tribesaa.com, it included tournaments with all the clans and other awesome competitions. It required a ridiculous amount of teamwork but yeah, the skill level was low because it was a console game. Although some people were extremely good.

Was anyone from TL on tribesaa.com? Do you remember .POW and .Inc ?

It was tons of fun though.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
UniquE.
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada143 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 01:11:41
June 22 2011 01:08 GMT
#98
On June 22 2011 09:49 starcraft911 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2011 11:05 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
I can't wait for this game. A FPS game that actually takes skill *drools*. I miss playing Tribes ><


I used to play tribes for IE when it was easily the best team in the game. It's was a really fun game, but it wasnt designed very well for competition unfortunately. I think as far as skill goes it was pretty low compared to other FPS games like painkiller, quake live, or counterstrike.

Don't get me wrong, tribes was awesome, but the skill involved in tribes is low. :p


I knew the IE Roster well who were you....I was on E|C- and many other solid teams...Neon Sins, E5..

I just find it hard to believe you were on IE because when IE was a top team (obviously before the Has Beens) the game was still being figured out and the Learning curve for your average gamer was higher on tribes then any other FPS so saying tribes people have no skill shows you really were never on IE...sorry to say ( watch you say your Natural lol)
Aetherial
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia917 Posts
June 22 2011 01:09 GMT
#99
On June 22 2011 09:24 Jswizzy wrote:
PC is the lead system!
Show nested quote +

"But to us the biggest issue on consoles is actually the restriction on how frequently and independently our development team can update the game. With Tribes: Ascend we plan to have a significant beta phase but also to continually update features and content post-release. The PC is still the best platform for delivering constant game updates and that is the main reason we are starting with PC."


http://www.fpsguru.com/game/272/features/47/Tribes-Ascend-Todd-Harris-QA.html

[image loading]
[image loading]


Wow that looks SICK! I have a lot of fond memories playing Tribes at LAN parties... can't wait to get my hands on this!
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3715 Posts
June 22 2011 02:09 GMT
#100
Can't help but be excited after reading that interview. Seems like they're at least saying the right things, hopefully they can follow through
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 194 195 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings39
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7474
Hyuk 554
Horang2 538
BeSt 464
Stork 167
sorry 99
Pusan 95
Shinee 81
Killer 80
Hyun 65
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Mind 56
Bonyth 50
Snow 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
PianO 22
Sacsri 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe76
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli9
x6flipin9
Other Games
gofns29392
singsing2147
ArmadaUGS75
Mew2King75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Lourlo1282
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 54m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 54m
Replay Cast
12h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.