• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10733 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 195

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 Next
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
February 16 2013 23:44 GMT
#3881
Idle question: anyone else find playing Tribes like riding a bike? I can take months-long breaks and lose almost no skill in sniping and to a lesser extent chaining. Getting back to full strength in the rest of the weapons is also fairly easy to do in a day.
Am I exceptional in this regard, or is Tribes really like riding a bike once you get a good feel for the weapons and movement?
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
crawlingchaos
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2025 Posts
February 16 2013 23:55 GMT
#3882
On February 17 2013 08:44 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Idle question: anyone else find playing Tribes like riding a bike? I can take months-long breaks and lose almost no skill in sniping and to a lesser extent chaining. Getting back to full strength in the rest of the weapons is also fairly easy to do in a day.
Am I exceptional in this regard, or is Tribes really like riding a bike once you get a good feel for the weapons and movement?

Sort of. I actually find I play a lot worse when I'm playing often, than when I only play a few games once in a while, like it's easier to play ~instinctively than over-thinking everything and trying to do too much.

Usually when I go a week or so without playing, my best games are the first few when I start again. Then it's all downhill lol.
They say that life's a carousel, spinning fast you've gotta ride it well, the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's heaven and hell, oh well.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
February 17 2013 02:30 GMT
#3883
About hacking accusations: Having played all Tribes games since the first one myself, I know how unreal some things may appear to new players that more experienced players can pull off. That's the thing that makes Tribes so special for me - you get so much out of putting a little effort into it.

About the actual game: Ascend is of course not perfect by any means. Their class system, maps and weapon balance leave a *lot* of room for improvement, but the game is still fun for me. Maybe someone will make a "real" Tribes spinoff one day, but meanwhile I'm going to enjoy this for what it is.
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
February 17 2013 03:23 GMT
#3884
I find aiming a lot harder when I take a break, but it does come back to a decent level in 3-4 hours. I'd say it depends if you use a similar sensitivity to the other games you play. Capping is the same for me, you mess up on the route 2-3 times then its just fine.

As far as hacking goes... I've put more than 800 hours in this game and I've come across maybe... 5 hackers. If you're still in the lower rank servers you might see more though since people who get their account banned can just start over since its free to play.

Also, good luck in the tournament Tbone your team has a ton of potential, looking forward to play with you again some day .
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
February 18 2013 00:27 GMT
#3885
Yeah alakabon good luck to you too man, we'll have to scrim again soon.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
February 22 2013 00:20 GMT
#3886
I don't think this has been posted here, might interest some people:

Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
July 23 2013 20:36 GMT
#3887
Ironically the bad news about HiRez not focusing development on Tribes:Ascend in any real way has reminded me that this game is fun and I enjoy playing it.

If anyone on TL is still playing and sees ZoundsForsooth in a game say hello
Paint it bright and bold.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
May 04 2014 22:18 GMT
#3888
7v7 draft tournament coming up soon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/245wec/2_draft_tourneys_coming_up/

info ^
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
May 04 2014 22:41 GMT
#3889
damn, hope it will have a proper stream since I do enjoy watching alot,

how is current health of the scene btw? all I could find was that it was just dead
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-05 01:25:26
May 05 2014 01:23 GMT
#3890
On May 05 2014 07:41 sabas123 wrote:
damn, hope it will have a proper stream since I do enjoy watching alot,

how is current health of the scene btw? all I could find was that it was just dead


I never stopped playing and was on team egocentric for the past year. Competitive play died or is at least on hiatus as of a few weeks ago. There's still open 7v7 pick up games that happen nightly and I know theres a few clans that do inhouse pick up games. You can find a full pub to play with at all times during the day. I know EU is in a similar state, but I think they still have some teams competing in tournaments. But for now NA is moving towards draft tournaments around once a month.

edit: And there will be casters for sure. I casted the last one but I want to play this time. Should be tons of players streaming as well.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
PRJ
Profile Joined March 2014
31 Posts
May 05 2014 01:23 GMT
#3891
game has been pretty small for a while. Honestly, it was a pretty bad tribes game and hirez's technical incompetence didn't help.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
May 05 2014 05:02 GMT
#3892
On May 05 2014 10:23 PRJ wrote:
game has been pretty small for a while. Honestly, it was a pretty bad tribes game and hirez's technical incompetence didn't help.


Unfortunately have to agree, the only reason I'm still playing T:A is that theres still community events and organized games. I can't find that in other tribes titles. If there was I'd probably jump ship. Are there still draft tournaments for T2?
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
May 05 2014 18:17 GMT
#3893
On May 05 2014 10:23 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 07:41 sabas123 wrote:
damn, hope it will have a proper stream since I do enjoy watching alot,

how is current health of the scene btw? all I could find was that it was just dead


I never stopped playing and was on team egocentric for the past year. Competitive play died or is at least on hiatus as of a few weeks ago. There's still open 7v7 pick up games that happen nightly and I know theres a few clans that do inhouse pick up games. You can find a full pub to play with at all times during the day. I know EU is in a similar state, but I think they still have some teams competing in tournaments. But for now NA is moving towards draft tournaments around once a month.

edit: And there will be casters for sure. I casted the last one but I want to play this time. Should be tons of players streaming as well.

sounds awesome, maby I should look for pug more regaurly again.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 05 2014 18:26 GMT
#3894
On May 05 2014 14:02 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2014 10:23 PRJ wrote:
game has been pretty small for a while. Honestly, it was a pretty bad tribes game and hirez's technical incompetence didn't help.


Unfortunately have to agree, the only reason I'm still playing T:A is that theres still community events and organized games. I can't find that in other tribes titles. If there was I'd probably jump ship. Are there still draft tournaments for T2?

no they died

and if you're reasonably competent at aiming they'll ban you for "lockbotting"

of course, you aren't considered part of "kryand's inner circle" as they claim i am
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
March 24 2015 00:11 GMT
#3895
There's still an active pick up group for both NA/EU and their hosting a newbloods workshop if anyone is interested. Info below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/301oeb/newbloods_workshops_are_a_go_more_information_in/
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
July 08 2015 00:59 GMT
#3896
I had quite a bit of fun playing this a long time ago. I wish it had gotten off the ground; it always seemed really fun.

/bump in solidarity
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
July 08 2015 05:37 GMT
#3897
Yeah, I really feel sad about how it turned out. They really got the fundamentals to a good place, they just fucked up so much about how they structured the game modes/F2P model/community support. Like, you can't release a game like tribes without providing a huge amount of support for new players to get up the scratch. It would be like dropping league of legends on people with no bot mode, no tutorial and no prior MOBA community.

It needed a safe space for new players to get their skills up in an enjoyable way, and it just wasn't provided.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
July 08 2015 08:49 GMT
#3898
Well, there were the noob servers for rank 1-10(?) players. But obviously that wasn't enough.
PRJ
Profile Joined March 2014
31 Posts
July 08 2015 20:45 GMT
#3899
On July 08 2015 14:37 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Yeah, I really feel sad about how it turned out. They really got the fundamentals to a good place, they just fucked up so much about how they structured the game modes/F2P model/community support.

Gotta strongly disagree with the fundamentals...they even managed to butcher those.

Basically everything that hirez touched made the game worse than previous installments. The only positives were inherent to the tribes series beforehand - the general concepts of gameplay like large team ctf, skiing, jetpacks, and different positions.

Midair is a current project that's being worked on that's much closer to a modernization of t1 and t2 classic, but it is very early in development and it will probably be quite a while before you'll be able to see much from it.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-07 08:07:12
September 07 2015 07:56 GMT
#3900
Do we want to talk about Hi-Rez releasing a new map for this? Also forgive me if that's already somewhere on reddit (which I don't read) but did they talk specifics about what the upcoming changes will be?

Patch notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fnu0Xe9bnZAVPu9eLLBvE2rgZcdqVd7x3SF3ayIDkto/pub

And the very first thing is already amazing:

All classes have been condensed to three choices; Light, Medium, and Heavy
Prev 1 193 194 195 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 650
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings187
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22581
Shuttle 11156
FanTaSy 1869
Hyuk 934
Horang2 572
BeSt 498
Mini 298
Stork 265
Pusan 239
EffOrt 147
[ Show more ]
Killer 135
Last 133
Zeus 123
Mind 93
ggaemo 67
Hyun 63
sorry 52
PianO 47
Snow 43
ToSsGirL 33
Sea.KH 33
Bale 32
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 24
Aegong 21
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe315
Counter-Strike
fl0m2089
byalli1505
x6flipin265
Other Games
gofns32333
singsing2870
B2W.Neo663
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King65
Livibee20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 26m
Replay Cast
11h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 26m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 26m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.