• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8179 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 30

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 196 Next
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
December 02 2011 01:27 GMT
#581
Patch is out. surprise reduction in class token costs as well, will update when I've seen what the new costs are.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Teddyman
Profile Joined October 2008
Finland362 Posts
December 02 2011 01:37 GMT
#582
On December 02 2011 10:27 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Patch is out. surprise reduction in class token costs as well, will update when I've seen what the new costs are.

9800 full price, 4900 for the discounted classes.
"Chess is a dead game" -Bobby Fischer 2004
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 01:50:11
December 02 2011 01:48 GMT
#583
Even the discounted classes seem very expensive. The gold coin cost is alright... but the token cost is kinda nuts. I know it's tough because they don't have ALL that much that's locked away, but really?

I had a game where I got 3/5 caps and still only made 48 tokens. So even with that significant of a performance I'd need 100 games like that to get a discounted class.

It wouldn't be so bad if the game didn't stick you with 2 medium classes off the bat.

The game is growing on me as I learn routes. My initial impression was it blows (which it does because of F2P stuff...), but once you get the +5 energy and start skiing a bit better it at least has some feeling of momentum being important.

Oddly enough I think it's HARDER to skii in this game than Tribes 2. Sure the ski button is handy and good (as is the speed meter), but the hills are so spaced out on the maps.

I don't see why they aren't monetizing stuff like voice packs, player icons, unique armor looks, etc. and make the classes more affordable.
Logo
Teddyman
Profile Joined October 2008
Finland362 Posts
December 02 2011 02:10 GMT
#584
The "first win of the day" bonus message says it's 1200XP and 50GP but it certainly doesn't give you any gold. I think they just made a mistake in the text and it gives 50 tokens. The VIP (and likely boost) bonus also applies, I got 2500XP from that one game being VIP without boosts.

The gameplay still has pretty much the same issues, disc jump giving like 20km/h extra speed, raider can pretty much park himself anywhere and kill everyone coming towards him, going into a base is like diving into a pool of hitscan death. The projectile inheritance is really awkward at 20%, I'd rather even have 0% to hit stationary targets. 20% just means you need to do some high-level math in your head to chase someone and makes turret defenses really hard to do anything about unless you stop in the midfield to pick them off.
"Chess is a dead game" -Bobby Fischer 2004
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 02 2011 02:12 GMT
#585
Performance doesn't matter. Its about how long the game is. And yes its harder to ski...which makes no sense. Skiing itself shouldn't be extremely difficult, it should be fast routes that are.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
xAPOCALYPSEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
1418 Posts
December 02 2011 07:30 GMT
#586
What do you guys think of the new brute grenade?

Man, imo that thing is annoying as shit.
Anyways, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with the game, even with only 3 maps so far :D :D
Westerhound
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland69 Posts
December 02 2011 11:49 GMT
#587
On December 02 2011 10:48 Logo wrote:
Even the discounted classes seem very expensive. The gold coin cost is alright... but the token cost is kinda nuts. I know it's tough because they don't have ALL that much that's locked away, but really?

I had a game where I got 3/5 caps and still only made 48 tokens. So even with that significant of a performance I'd need 100 games like that to get a discounted class.


The amount of tokens you get is based only on playtime (maybe even only time spent alive) rather than caps or kills. Think they said you needed 62.5h to unlock a more expensive class at some point, but dunno how much you need now. Ive got 3k tokens after 5 days of playing so its not that bad
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
December 02 2011 13:38 GMT
#588
anyone had extensive play on the new game mode? I feel its incredibly onesided once a decent player has the flag its almost impossible to recap it, the games that i've played ended in very onesided scores, defenately needs some tweaking (over time flag carrier gets slowed, receives more dmg ala WoW pvp)
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 13:58:40
December 02 2011 13:56 GMT
#589
Got another round of keys, gave one to a guy who missed last time, three left for first come first served:

T1104-2C44D-67204-F4E8D-67903
T1E16-99237-97694-FF4BD-F12FC
T176E-F183C-4CE14-E4F9F-57EEB

Post if you use em.

edit: also, game is so much better with small weapons. Small weap+ wide FoV feels fantastic. Brute grenades are also sexy. Kind of like a persistent daisycutter mine, throw it, it levitates after a second or so and sprays the area around it with lasers for about 5 seconds, really brutal zone denial tool inside and good for controlling duels or breaking lines outside.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
henery
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada89 Posts
December 02 2011 14:15 GMT
#590
T1104-2C44D-67204-F4E8D-67903 (first one) used

Thanks Thereisnosaurus. I just hopped into this thread to see if I could find a key and you were my hero. You guys are awesome.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 02 2011 14:16 GMT
#591
On December 02 2011 22:56 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Got another round of keys, gave one to a guy who missed last time, three left for first come first served:

T1104-2C44D-67204-F4E8D-67903
T1E16-99237-97694-FF4BD-F12FC
T176E-F183C-4CE14-E4F9F-57EEB

Post if you use em.

edit: also, game is so much better with small weapons. Small weap+ wide FoV feels fantastic. Brute grenades are also sexy. Kind of like a persistent daisycutter mine, throw it, it levitates after a second or so and sprays the area around it with lasers for about 5 seconds, really brutal zone denial tool inside and good for controlling duels or breaking lines outside.

Turn off bloom in the ini file for extra sexiness. And fractal grenades are dumb when thrown on the flag stand, if any capper comes in the next 5 seconds you can't do anything about it because you're flying really high due to the grenade.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
QuasiQubit
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada4 Posts
December 02 2011 15:06 GMT
#592
T1E16-99237-97694-FF4BD-F12FC used.
Thank you so much Thereisnosaurus; I've been looking forward for this game for a long time.
TSBspartacus
Profile Joined October 2011
England1046 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 15:13:56
December 02 2011 15:09 GMT
#593
T176E-F183C-4CE14-E4F9F-57EEB
last one used
Thanks man, loved playing Tribes when I grew up, can't wait to play this!
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 02 2011 15:13 GMT
#594
Server should be shutting off for maintenance soon, but I've had a lot of fun with it since I got in yesterday. I never played tribes before but it definitely seems like most people haven't either.

Death match is the most hilarious game of who gets a lucky shot first. CTF has higher skilled players for sure and I've seen some really sick flag runners already.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
December 02 2011 15:17 GMT
#595
On December 03 2011 00:13 Percutio wrote:
Server should be shutting off for maintenance soon, but I've had a lot of fun with it since I got in yesterday. I never played tribes before but it definitely seems like most people haven't either.

Death match is the most hilarious game of who gets a lucky shot first. CTF has higher skilled players for sure and I've seen some really sick flag runners already.


It'll be that way forever too most likely. Tribes has always been a CTF game, similar to how Counter Strike is a bomb planting/defusing game.

I thought about hopping into a TDM yesterday but I couldn't wrap my head around how that would function in Tribes since I'm so used to CTF.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
December 02 2011 18:13 GMT
#596
On December 03 2011 00:17 Charger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2011 00:13 Percutio wrote:
Server should be shutting off for maintenance soon, but I've had a lot of fun with it since I got in yesterday. I never played tribes before but it definitely seems like most people haven't either.

Death match is the most hilarious game of who gets a lucky shot first. CTF has higher skilled players for sure and I've seen some really sick flag runners already.


It'll be that way forever too most likely. Tribes has always been a CTF game, similar to how Counter Strike is a bomb planting/defusing game.

I thought about hopping into a TDM yesterday but I couldn't wrap my head around how that would function in Tribes since I'm so used to CTF.


Well Rabbit is a really good game mode too, or at least I really enjoyed it in Tribes 2.

It's kinda amazing how much better CTF is in Tribes than like any other FPS around. Even TF2 works better with the other map types over CTF. CTF in Tribes doesn't even feel like the same game mode as CTF in any other FPS.
Logo
ProjectVirtue
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada360 Posts
December 02 2011 18:57 GMT
#597
i got 4 more this time around for those who want to use them =]
remember to let others know which one you used! ^^

T14E8-081F4-55C14-70985-81B15
T1F09-9D61A-83C84-627BE-8DFB1
T113F-ED6F8-9C624-8FF9B-CFF1C
T1FF8-188FC-DFBE4-43D8E-E7670
俺はダメ人間。。。
Riking
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands8 Posts
December 02 2011 19:27 GMT
#598
I used the 4th one and it worked. Very much appreciated!
BearSandwich
Profile Joined April 2010
United States44 Posts
December 02 2011 19:38 GMT
#599
On December 03 2011 03:57 ProjectVirtue wrote:
i got 4 more this time around for those who want to use them =]
remember to let others know which one you used! ^^

T14E8-081F4-55C14-70985-81B15
T1F09-9D61A-83C84-627BE-8DFB1
T113F-ED6F8-9C624-8FF9B-CFF1C
T1FF8-188FC-DFBE4-43D8E-E7670


Used the 3rd, thank you very much. If I get any keys I will be sure to post them.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-02 20:12:31
December 02 2011 20:03 GMT
#600
I'm starting to dislike this game There are so many things that minimize the roles of iconic positions in past games.

Base disrupter - Lol, who cares about the generators.
Base defender - Lol, who cares about the generators.
Flag defense - It's hard enough for flag defenders to worry about the offense clearing the flag stand, now the actual capper can just do a tactical strike every single time and clear it out.

The loadout system has become extremely boring, seems like capping and flag chasing is by far the best way to help your team and change the outcome of the game. There needs to be customization, and not spawning in loadout. Some of the classes are so useless.

Oh yea, and SMGs, great idea in a game with 0 cover.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech180
Nina 136
ViBE75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15567
Artosis 380
firebathero 77
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever380
canceldota87
NeuroSwarm49
League of Legends
Doublelift4173
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
PPMD44
Other Games
summit1g7351
FrodaN1227
shahzam545
C9.Mang0359
RotterdaM95
Mew2King36
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 26
• RyuSc2 19
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1098
• Shiphtur645
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
38m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.