• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:36
CEST 03:36
KST 10:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9655 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 196 Next
HydroXy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States513 Posts
December 04 2011 00:43 GMT
#621
T19ED-CA69E-528C4-5F198-CF59A
Used this one. Thanks, XiO!
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
December 04 2011 01:50 GMT
#622
On December 04 2011 09:42 XiO wrote:
T19ED-CA69E-528C4-5F198-CF59A
T1302-10C5F-77794-3D2B5-95DE1
T1BEA-F669B-62134-6D897-DD121

Here are some keys for people. You know what to do, post when you have used one.


I used the last one, the middle was in use...

Thanks a bunch buddy
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
December 04 2011 04:46 GMT
#623
some new stuff:

a long frag highlights video of T2, some amazing stuff. Particularly right at the end, total spectator bliss (minute 29 on)



A community podcast has been established here

http://shazpod.podbean.com/

The esports rep from hi-rez was on the first one, and I came on the second to discuss the finer elements of designing a title for esports. if you have any questions you'd like brought up or looked at by the casters or asked to HRez, feel free to post them here and I'll try and ask them when I'm next on the cast.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 04 2011 05:11 GMT
#624
I'm in that frag video at 4:40 and 6:03 . But yeah that thing is awesomeeeeeeee.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Ahnaris
Profile Joined June 2010
United States70 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 06:06:16
December 04 2011 05:58 GMT
#625
Okay, so I bought into the beta a month ago, not knowing if I'd like it or not...

I know I've already posted in this thread, but I'm seriously hooked. There's some things that I personally dislike, but they're not huge, and will likely receive further tweaking before the game hits live. That being said, I'm truly surprised how fun this game is. Here I was thinking my old flag capping skills wouldn't ever be used again :D !!!!!!!!

That being said, it's probably not the easiest game for newcomers to the FPS genre. To that end I've been working on YT tutorial vids for each class (got...6ish completed?). When the game goes live, I'll also offer free coaching on the basics, plus the finer points of using the pathfinder, optimal ski paths, and overall weapon usage techniques. For now, if anyone wants to get together & do some team games, I usually stream for a few hours each night - feel free to add me to your list (name: Ahnaris)!
‎"It is indeed true that most quotes and statistics discovered on the internet are utter fallacies of the truth and fabricated for the enjoyment of the situation." - Benjamin Franklin
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 04 2011 06:02 GMT
#626
On December 04 2011 14:58 Ahnaris wrote:
Okay, so I bought into the beta a month ago, not knowing if I'd like it or not...

I know I've already posted in this thread, but I'm seriously hooked. There's some things that I personally dislike, but they're not huge, and will likely receive further tweaking before the game hits live. That being said, I'm truly surprised how fun this game is. Here I was thinking my old flag capping skills wouldn't ever be used again :D !!!!!!!!

That being said, it's probably not the easiest game for newcomers to the FPS genre. To that end I've been working on YT tutorial vids for each class (got...6ish completed?). When the game goes live, I'll also offer free coaching on the basics, plus the finer points of using the pathfinder, optimal ski paths, and overall weapon usage techniques. For now, if anyone wants to get together & do some team games, I usually stream for a few hours each night - feel free to add me to your list!

I'm assuming your TL name? I go under Descolada.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
December 04 2011 06:07 GMT
#627
NASL Season 3 is picking up Tribes Ascend. Just announced on LO3
Ahnaris
Profile Joined June 2010
United States70 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 06:11:10
December 04 2011 06:08 GMT
#628
On December 04 2011 15:02 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 14:58 Ahnaris wrote:
Okay, so I bought into the beta a month ago, not knowing if I'd like it or not...

I know I've already posted in this thread, but I'm seriously hooked. There's some things that I personally dislike, but they're not huge, and will likely receive further tweaking before the game hits live. That being said, I'm truly surprised how fun this game is. Here I was thinking my old flag capping skills wouldn't ever be used again :D !!!!!!!!

That being said, it's probably not the easiest game for newcomers to the FPS genre. To that end I've been working on YT tutorial vids for each class (got...6ish completed?). When the game goes live, I'll also offer free coaching on the basics, plus the finer points of using the pathfinder, optimal ski paths, and overall weapon usage techniques. For now, if anyone wants to get together & do some team games, I usually stream for a few hours each night - feel free to add me to your list!

I'm assuming your TL name? I go under Descolada.


Derp, yeah - my bad! D:

If we get enough interested parties, we should schedule a recurring party of ownage. I've got a mumble we can crash for glorious communication!

EDIT: NASL S3 for T:A? Christ, point me in the direction of some teams that need cappers o.O

Wait, is there more than one team yet? o.O I spend all my time playing and doing YT stuffs, haven't heard of anything besides Team Generhater. I'mabaddie.
‎"It is indeed true that most quotes and statistics discovered on the internet are utter fallacies of the truth and fabricated for the enjoyment of the situation." - Benjamin Franklin
oniman999
Profile Joined May 2011
United States169 Posts
December 04 2011 06:09 GMT
#629
Looks like an awesome pick-up for NASL! Been eyeing this game for a while now, and it looks like a great future e-sport, and the future for FPS e-sports. Thinking about buying it early for the beta key :O
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 04 2011 06:10 GMT
#630
On December 04 2011 15:08 Ahnaris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 15:02 Coriolis wrote:
On December 04 2011 14:58 Ahnaris wrote:
Okay, so I bought into the beta a month ago, not knowing if I'd like it or not...

I know I've already posted in this thread, but I'm seriously hooked. There's some things that I personally dislike, but they're not huge, and will likely receive further tweaking before the game hits live. That being said, I'm truly surprised how fun this game is. Here I was thinking my old flag capping skills wouldn't ever be used again :D !!!!!!!!

That being said, it's probably not the easiest game for newcomers to the FPS genre. To that end I've been working on YT tutorial vids for each class (got...6ish completed?). When the game goes live, I'll also offer free coaching on the basics, plus the finer points of using the pathfinder, optimal ski paths, and overall weapon usage techniques. For now, if anyone wants to get together & do some team games, I usually stream for a few hours each night - feel free to add me to your list!

I'm assuming your TL name? I go under Descolada.


Derp, yeah - my bad! D:

If we get enough interested parties, we should schedule a recurring party of ownage. I've got a mumble we can crash for glorious communication!

EDIT: NASL S3 for T:A? Christ, I'm almost tempted to apply to teams...

Wait, is there more than one team yet? o.O I spend all my time playing and doing YT stuffs, haven't heard of anything besides Team Generhater.

As a current T2 comp player I have access to like 4 different voice servers .
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
n00bie
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany21 Posts
December 04 2011 06:25 GMT
#631
On December 04 2011 15:08 Ahnaris wrote:


Wait, is there more than one team yet? o.O I spend all my time playing and doing YT stuffs, haven't heard of anything besides Team Generhater. I'mabaddie.

12 US teams 6 EU teams and 1 AUS team is confirmed in the roster list atm! I'm really exited for the first beta tourney... especially about the team setup / server flags used and ofcourse spectator mode
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
December 04 2011 06:38 GMT
#632
I am so glad the NASL picked this up!!! I knew this was going to become an esport!!!
Rise Up!
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 04 2011 06:39 GMT
#633
On December 04 2011 15:38 undyinglight wrote:
I am so glad the NASL picked this up!!! I knew this was going to become an esport!!!

I honestly don't think its ready for comp play. The game still has some serious flaws and needs a lot of work, but yeah it definitely could eventually become an esport. I just wish it was Tribes 2 and not Tribes Ascend in this spot...
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
December 04 2011 06:48 GMT
#634
SC2 had some tourneys in beta . It's encouraging, but you're right. I hope people look at this with the hindsight of SC2 early tournaments: great to get a feel for the game and build publicity, in no way is it going to be balanced or indicate the skill cap of the game...
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
RQShatter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States459 Posts
December 04 2011 06:48 GMT
#635
Does anybody have a spare beta key im pretty interested in trying this out.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
December 04 2011 06:54 GMT
#636
pubs in this game have a serious problem, I have figured out some pretty fast routes on many maps, but I will literally do laps on these routes the entire game without picking up a single flag.

Every cap point is just a giant clusterfuck when you have 12+ people on each team, with people literally standing directly on the flag point so they can llama grab it the second it gets returned...

Meanwhile all the players who actually bothered to have a route and come in at like 200 are made completely obsolete.

I just played a game where I hit 280 on my route which I lapped the entire time, and the top speed flag grab at the end of the game was 90.....thats right 90.

They need to figure out something to encourage people to actually hit the flag at some speed, and giving you 500 credits every time you touch it is certainly not helping. At the very least have to flag grab credits be a variable amount based on how fast you do it so a 20 grab would give you nothing...or even negative credits.

Another idea would be to change the base defense cannon, right now they are totally the opposite of what you need. They predict trajectories perfectly, so they are far stronger vs a player moving at high speed who cant change their direction easily, while being almost completely worthless vs players just dicking around at the point. If they were more like the light turrets it would help clear out all these campers while simultaneously increasing generator value.

My idea is a turret that takes a second to "lock on" and then begins a rapid fire spray attack, this would make it much better than the current turrets vs slow players, while the lockon time would giving them the ability to use cover carefully to still occupy an enemy point or catch a flag carrier.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 04 2011 07:00 GMT
#637
Damn, I used to love tribes so much. Was probably my favorite game all the way up until high school. Gotta find a way to get into the beta.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 04 2011 07:03 GMT
#638
On December 04 2011 15:54 sob3k wrote:
pubs in this game have a serious problem, I have figured out some pretty fast routes on many maps, but I will literally do laps on these routes the entire game without picking up a single flag.

Every cap point is just a giant clusterfuck when you have 12+ people on each team, with people literally standing directly on the flag point so they can llama grab it the second it gets returned...

Meanwhile all the players who actually bothered to have a route and come in at like 200 are made completely obsolete.

I just played a game where I hit 280 on my route which I lapped the entire time, and the top speed flag grab at the end of the game was 90.....thats right 90.

They need to figure out something to encourage people to actually hit the flag at some speed, and giving you 500 credits every time you touch it is certainly not helping. At the very least have to flag grab credits be a variable amount based on how fast you do it so a 20 grab would give you nothing...or even negative credits.

Another idea would be to change the base defense cannon, right now they are totally the opposite of what you need. They predict trajectories perfectly, so they are far stronger vs a player moving at high speed who cant change their direction easily, while being almost completely worthless vs players just dicking around at the point. If they were more like the light turrets it would help clear out all these campers while simultaneously increasing generator value.

My idea is a turret that takes a second to "lock on" and then begins a rapid fire spray attack, this would make it much better than the current turrets vs slow players, while the lockon time would giving them the ability to use cover carefully to still occupy an enemy point or catch a flag carrier.

Thats not even close to the biggest problem. The biggest problems are inheritance and shrikes.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
December 04 2011 07:31 GMT
#639
12 US teams 6 EU teams and 1 AUS team is confirmed in the roster list atm! I'm really exited for the first beta tourney... especially about the team setup / server flags used and ofcourse spectator mode


There are actually something like 5 AU teams confirmed, the page just hasn't been updated. I imagine that means there are another 10 or 15 EU/US teams that haven't been updated yet as well. It's looking pretty popular.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Ahnaris
Profile Joined June 2010
United States70 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 07:39:45
December 04 2011 07:37 GMT
#640
On December 04 2011 15:54 sob3k wrote:


Another idea would be to change the base defense cannon, right now they are totally the opposite of what you need. They predict trajectories perfectly, so they are far stronger vs a player moving at high speed who cant change their direction easily, while being almost completely worthless vs players just dicking around at the point. If they were more like the light turrets it would help clear out all these campers while simultaneously increasing generator value.


I've found they're pretty easy to fool. The key is..

Turn your music off. You can hear a sequence of beeps that indicates A: it's locking on, and B: when it's locked and firing. Once you hear the sequence finish, do one of the following:

If jetpacking in the air, let off the jet, then hold A or D+jet for about 1/4 a second (this propels you slightly left or right), then depress A/D and continue jetting forward.

If skiing, continue skiing forward and repeat the step above - strafe left or right with 1/4 second jet burst.

It takes a bit to "feel" it, but once you do, they're pretty easy to avoid. I'd suggest dry flag runs until you're confident in your ability to know the target stages by ear.

Note: I play pathfinder, and this works for me @ high speeds.
‎"It is indeed true that most quotes and statistics discovered on the internet are utter fallacies of the truth and fabricated for the enjoyment of the situation." - Benjamin Franklin
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12780
Shuttle 676
Artosis 607
Dewaltoss 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4014
Counter-Strike
taco 494
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox521
AZ_Axe112
Other Games
summit1g7797
shahzam693
Day[9].tv544
C9.Mang0359
Maynarde149
ViBE127
WinterStarcraft79
Trikslyr66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv544
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.