• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:41
CEST 19:41
KST 02:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7685 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 196 Next
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
November 24 2011 18:07 GMT
#501
It really depends on what you want to do. The ranger and soldier are pretty solid all-around jack of all trades - You can cap, "lof", chase and play lo/clear in them pretty well, especially after you buff them with the egocentric/survivalist perks. If you want to rape I'd recommend something else though, like the raider or juggie.

Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 24 2011 18:39 GMT
#502
On November 24 2011 21:55 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
I looove the game, but I dont like at all the fact that it's F2P.
Srsly, you play against guy that oneshot you, but you you gotta 1000shot them.


as it stands the two default classes are the most powerful in the hands of a skilled user. I've been playing all the other classes and doing ok, but when I switch back to the basic ones the game becomes laughably more easy. If you're having trouble competing with soldier or ranger, it's a problem of your skill, not class balance.


Yeah

I'm quickly getting in the motions of Soldier and it's a joke how powerful the class is. I can't wait for Jumper though!
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 24 2011 18:51 GMT
#503
moar keys:

T1907-F50FB-5E334-3EBB6-0BDBC
T1070-4E034-3D054-5D4BE-BEDAE
T1A07-8C070-E85B4-B619F-7C0FF
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 24 2011 19:00 GMT
#504
How do you unlock perks?
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 24 2011 19:32 GMT
#505
The 10k/12k skills at the bottom of the tree are the unlockable perks.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 24 2011 20:39 GMT
#506
On November 25 2011 04:32 Luckbox wrote:
The 10k/12k skills at the bottom of the tree are the unlockable perks.


thanks, jeeeeeesus this game is fucking FUN, and I've only played for two days and am just getting the hang of the movement.

soldier 100%, nothing sicker than when you pass another guy going complete opposite directions at like 200 and just nail that sucker out of the air as you pass.

lol like 50% of the players just play technician or whatever and just sit in the base, we had one obviously experienced guy take our flag and just do laps around the map for the entire 20minute match or whatever :/

Next game I just tried to follow his routes and got him a few times....nobody else even bothers to chase unless the carrier is going at like 110. I'm getting better fast.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 24 2011 20:48 GMT
#507
On November 25 2011 05:39 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 04:32 Luckbox wrote:
The 10k/12k skills at the bottom of the tree are the unlockable perks.


thanks, jeeeeeesus this game is fucking FUN, and I've only played for two days and am just getting the hang of the movement.

soldier 100%, nothing sicker than when you pass another guy going complete opposite directions at like 200 and just nail that sucker out of the air as you pass.

lol like 50% of the players just play technician or whatever and just sit in the base, we had one obviously experienced guy take our flag and just do laps around the map for the entire 20minute match or whatever :/

Next game I just tried to follow his routes and got him a few times....nobody else even bothers to chase unless the carrier is going at like 110. I'm getting better fast.


I like how I can follow some peoples exact same routes who are going 180+ at times, and I'm just going like 130. I mean Christ, there must be some subtle shit I'm missing out on.

Anyways, I might actually pick up Infiltrator now that I think about it. I mean, Jumper is cool and all -- but Infiltrator is a bit of a mix up. I can definitely be a pain the ass for the enemy team in their base and shit. However, when the coin is in front of me, I know I'll just pick up Jumper anyways hehe. I can't resist that Boost skill.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 20:51:23
November 24 2011 20:50 GMT
#508
On November 25 2011 05:48 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 05:39 sob3k wrote:
On November 25 2011 04:32 Luckbox wrote:
The 10k/12k skills at the bottom of the tree are the unlockable perks.


thanks, jeeeeeesus this game is fucking FUN, and I've only played for two days and am just getting the hang of the movement.

soldier 100%, nothing sicker than when you pass another guy going complete opposite directions at like 200 and just nail that sucker out of the air as you pass.

lol like 50% of the players just play technician or whatever and just sit in the base, we had one obviously experienced guy take our flag and just do laps around the map for the entire 20minute match or whatever :/

Next game I just tried to follow his routes and got him a few times....nobody else even bothers to chase unless the carrier is going at like 110. I'm getting better fast.


I like how I can follow some peoples exact same routes who are going 180+ at times, and I'm just going like 130. I mean Christ, there must be some subtle shit I'm missing out on.

Anyways, I might actually pick up Infiltrator now that I think about it. I mean, Jumper is cool and all -- but Infiltrator is a bit of a mix up. I can definitely be a pain the ass for the enemy team in their base and shit. However, when the coin is in front of me, I know I'll just pick up Jumper anyways hehe. I can't resist that Boost skill.

Yeah theres some subtle tricks to get some extra speed. Also sometimes disc/thumper jumps will bug out and not do anything...I haven't found a way to stop this yet.

They just need to fix the projectile inheritance, jet regen, and get some better maps and TA will be a great game. Right now its fun sure, but its not great. Plus LOLHITSCANWEAPONS
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 20:53:56
November 24 2011 20:53 GMT
#509
Also. Rabbit is the most fun fucking mode ever on the side, but NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO DO ANYTHING. My God, my 4 games playing have been so odd. My first three games were games where everyone but me and some other guy did not know how to Ski. I mean, not that they did not know how to ski properly -- THEY DIDN'T KNOW AT ALL. They were just running around normally and were calling us hackers and shit because we were going around them in circles, and it was just me and the other guy fighting for it.

My fourth game was finally a good game where everyone was doing shit, and it was the most intense thing I've ever played in my life.

Rabbit will be fun with good players, probably moreso than CTF IMO.

Also, fuck Hitscan weapons. God, they should be only there to finish off someone with like 20hp (which is all what I use my pistol for). Those Rangers who run around using their Assault Rifle only piss me off to no fucking end.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 14:39:20
November 25 2011 12:13 GMT
#510
New round of Beta keys have been given out to existing players. Have 3 available, PM me for one.

edit: keys are taken
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 25 2011 14:57 GMT
#511
Just a heads up, if you turn shadows down from high the game wont draw your own shadow, which kind of sucks as it helps to gauge your altitude when you are dueling or whatever.

On the other hand turning the general graphics down to normal will turn all the trees in the game into sticks and remove all other foliage, which is pretty nice, especially if you are sniping.....you can literally hide IN a tree and see out perfectly, but everyone above "normal" graphics cant see you
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 25 2011 15:35 GMT
#512
On November 25 2011 21:13 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
New round of Beta keys have been given out to existing players. Have 3 available, PM me for one.

edit: keys are taken


Guess you do need VIP, got none
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 25 2011 17:29 GMT
#513
Have any of you had problems when you really get going and all of a sudden your character just stops like it hit something....but there's nothing anywhere around? Its happened to me twice today, it acts like you hit a rock when you should be just cruising down a hill.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
n00bie
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany21 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 07:31:04
November 25 2011 18:05 GMT
#514
got 2 more spare keys PM me for them

Edit: gone
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 25 2011 23:09 GMT
#515
Competitive in this game simply isnt possible now - hitscan is too strong. Every good player will be hitscanning, i guarantee it

Soldier and ranger both have v good hitscan weapons with the usual and are considered staples right now

Sentinel is ultimate hitscan

Pathfinder is the only decent capper (jumper kinda sucks compared to pathfinder right now) - mainly because of the grenade discjump

If you want to play chaingun, you pick raider (ultra high DPS SMG with fast projectile)

All other classes arn't really worth playing as they lack hitscan weapons, or the above classes have better versions of those hitscan weapons (juggernaught, doombringer, brute(lol), infiltrator, scrambler, technician etc.)
All projectile's in this game are currently SHIT except the discgun
The grenade launcher is OK, same for the ranger's thumper. Their main weapon is the SMG's (which can kill a heavy in less than 1/2 a second)
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 26 2011 00:24 GMT
#516
TBH as a capper I'm way more afraid of DB chaingun if the heavy can get a bead on me for any length of time. That thing kills you disgustingly quickly if the player is any good. Same with sentinel and infil pistols. I chasedown people with infil all the time because you can 3 shot a light with either pistol. The scatter on hitscan weapons makes them far too unreliable to chase with unless you're right on top of someone- easiest way to beat a hitscanner is juke and keep your distance. I've run into a couple of guys who've managed to land enough shots in a burst to almost kill me, but usually at point blank or when I'm close to them and running directly towards or away, which is my mistake, not their skill.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 01:05:02
November 26 2011 01:04 GMT
#517
If you use egocentric as a ranger you can thumper jump 3 times. Then you just use your gay hitscan weapon and they die. And ofc you can thumper the guy on the flag and they'll either die or take a bunch of damage.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 26 2011 01:19 GMT
#518
On November 26 2011 08:09 BrTarolg wrote:
Competitive in this game simply isnt possible now - hitscan is too strong. Every good player will be hitscanning, i guarantee it

Soldier and ranger both have v good hitscan weapons with the usual and are considered staples right now

Sentinel is ultimate hitscan

Pathfinder is the only decent capper (jumper kinda sucks compared to pathfinder right now) - mainly because of the grenade discjump

If you want to play chaingun, you pick raider (ultra high DPS SMG with fast projectile)

All other classes arn't really worth playing as they lack hitscan weapons, or the above classes have better versions of those hitscan weapons (juggernaught, doombringer, brute(lol), infiltrator, scrambler, technician etc.)
All projectile's in this game are currently SHIT except the discgun
The grenade launcher is OK, same for the ranger's thumper. Their main weapon is the SMG's (which can kill a heavy in less than 1/2 a second)


I heard the Infiltrator's pistol is quite ridiculous as well o_o
ProjectVirtue
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada360 Posts
November 26 2011 02:54 GMT
#519
patch came out -> more keys for everyone~
remember to post after you use it so others don't try using the same one
T1C61-652E0-C5284-ECAA1-54B09
T1A0C-E239C-8EB94-60689-3D4A3
T1D0D-D50CE-18994-32A84-534C0

sharing is caring~
俺はダメ人間。。。
unsmart
Profile Joined April 2009
United States322 Posts
November 26 2011 03:06 GMT
#520
just used T1C61-652E0-C5284-ECAA1-54B09
Thanks a lot!
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM764
TKL 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 764
ByuN 292
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 241
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19628
Calm 2997
Shuttle 1053
Horang2 443
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 105
Zeus 57
Free 42
sorry 32
Killer 25
[ Show more ]
Trap 24
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
Aegong 15
Rock 13
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m4999
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin293
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing2007
Grubby1505
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Beastyqt660
C9.Mang0255
crisheroes251
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins195
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 166
Trikslyr92
QueenE89
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3352
• WagamamaTV529
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur803
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 19m
INu's Battles
17h 19m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 19m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.