• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6030 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 196 Next
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 23 2011 15:18 GMT
#461
I think I heard they were nerfing Hitscan weapons anyways.
TooL
Profile Joined April 2004
Canada275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 15:52:17
November 23 2011 15:49 GMT
#462
On November 23 2011 16:42 anonymitylol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2011 16:11 sob3k wrote:
After playing for a while I just have no idea why on earth would they even put hitscan weapons into the game...how do they think it is going to improve it?

Tribes is all about 2 things:

Skiing
Movement prediction

Then they were like....lets just take that second part out ....

There is literally no way to justify it,they are just noob weapons


The hitscan weapons do next to no damage, though.

It's much more rewarding to get good at using a weapon with splash that has a projectile that takes time to hit, as they do MUCH more damage than hitscan weapons.

They're just providing a (lesser) alternative.


This isn't true. Some of the hitscan weapons can kill someone in less than the reload time of the projectile weapons. Hitscan weapons in a game like Tribes will be somewhat hard to balance. While the game is fast paced, it isn't fast paced in the same way that a game like Quake is. It is much harder to dodge in Tribes. I'll just be abusing them until they adjust them.

I can't tell for certain yet since I haven't/can't scrim or anything like that, but it feels like the splash damage needs an adjustment. Not necessarily the damage itself, but the effect it has. It's annoying - I midair an incoming capper and it has virtually no effect on his speed, but if I hit him in the back while he is exiting the flag stand, it nearly doubles his speed (which it should) and there is no way to catch up. Discing the flag, a core concept of LD in Tribes, feels nearly useless besides doing damage a lot of the time. Might be the netcode - I'm not sure.

Body blocking is also completely screwed up and inconsistent.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 23 2011 16:11 GMT
#463
My god, the classes cost 15k? Its going to take literally like 50 hours to unlock one class out of like 12....doesn't this strike anyone as excessive?

How many classes do you guys have?

I mean in most shooters you are supposed to unlock the meat of the content in less than 100 hours....I feel like I'm never going to even get to try most of this game with the costs as they are currently (barring roam obviously), and that makes me a sad panda.

In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 23 2011 16:28 GMT
#464
On November 24 2011 01:11 sob3k wrote:
My god, the classes cost 15k? Its going to take literally like 50 hours to unlock one class out of like 12....doesn't this strike anyone as excessive?

How many classes do you guys have?

I mean in most shooters you are supposed to unlock the meat of the content in less than 100 hours....I feel like I'm never going to even get to try most of this game with the costs as they are currently (barring roam obviously), and that makes me a sad panda.



Aren't they reducing the cost of some classes by half?
n00bie
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany21 Posts
November 23 2011 16:43 GMT
#465
On November 23 2011 23:33 Coriolis wrote:
Body blocking works but its really weird. Sometimes they'll fly straight through you, other times they won't even touch you and you BB them. Honestly unless you're a hof you're better off just shooting the stand.


BB works but the hitbox of the flag is higher than the flag itself, so a light can fly above a heavys head and pick the flag up with his toes... as a heavy i just fly up a little bit when the light comes in and then i block everytime.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 23 2011 16:59 GMT
#466
In order to be a successful skiier do I need to have seperate keys for jump and jet or can I just use the combo bind?
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
November 23 2011 17:27 GMT
#467
On November 24 2011 01:28 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 01:11 sob3k wrote:
My god, the classes cost 15k? Its going to take literally like 50 hours to unlock one class out of like 12....doesn't this strike anyone as excessive?

How many classes do you guys have?

I mean in most shooters you are supposed to unlock the meat of the content in less than 100 hours....I feel like I'm never going to even get to try most of this game with the costs as they are currently (barring roam obviously), and that makes me a sad panda.



Aren't they reducing the cost of some classes by half?


"The Pathfinder and Juggernaut classes are now priced at half their previous price (7500 tokens or 260 Gold). Players that have previously unlocked these classes will be refunded the difference between the original purchase price and the new purchase price." - From patch notes yesterday

I mean it's a FTP model, this is what it's about. You can pay $30 (still way lower than retail games) and get gold to buy many other classes plus gain extra XP so it takes less time to unlock things, plus other benefits. The prices might be excessive but they can't be too easy to get or no one buys the game or buys gold etc.


It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
thirtythree
Profile Joined September 2011
38 Posts
November 23 2011 17:41 GMT
#468
I've been playing for a few hours and have like 150 tokens saved up, feels a little futile. Especially so if I end up hating the first class I unlock. 1500 seems like a good price for new classes. 15000 is a little nutty.
Falco252
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
France197 Posts
November 23 2011 17:54 GMT
#469
Got a key !
Will play it tomorrow or tonight if I can (2hr download).

But damn, can't wait to play, loved Tribes 1&2
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 23 2011 17:59 GMT
#470
On November 24 2011 02:41 thirtythree wrote:
I've been playing for a few hours and have like 150 tokens saved up, feels a little futile. Especially so if I end up hating the first class I unlock. 1500 seems like a good price for new classes. 15000 is a little nutty.


you can play with the classes in traning mode to get a feel for what you like
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 19:27:32
November 23 2011 18:03 GMT
#471
On November 23 2011 12:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Welp, my first balance whine.

I fucking hate those Mortar guys. So god damn much. It seems like I can't do jack shit against one who knows what he's doing as a flag capper. I mean, these guys are hitting me from 1000m away no problem, while I'm on the move.


the TA mortar is terrible, especially outdoors. It has considerably lower muzzle velocity and range compared to the previous games, and bounces like a superball on ground contact, which makes you totally randomly miss shots that would otherwise have been clear hits.

This on top of the lower damage and splash radius of course. It's just a pain to use, and the reload bug makes it doubly worse.


On November 23 2011 16:42 anonymitylol wrote:
The hitscan weapons do next to no damage, though.
.

They do good damage and are rather easy to use at short range.

OTOH, they're also terribly unintuitive at medium/long range, as they all have a "max range" (sniper aside) - But you have no idea or possible visual cue of what that range is, so you're kind of left in the blue at what point it's futile to even attempt to plink away at that capper traveling away from you.

At least with the raider SMG and chaingun you can clearly see when the projectile fizzles.
Wik
Profile Joined July 2010
United States125 Posts
November 23 2011 18:08 GMT
#472
T19E5-CD0C7-F5EA4-2AB8E-2D6B2

T1AED-B05E3-DCE64-ED596-AD086

Make note if you use them please.
Homo for Lomo
Psycosquirrel
Profile Joined October 2008
United States161 Posts
November 23 2011 18:16 GMT
#473
Wik,

Thanks a lot. I just used "T1AED-B05E3-DCE64-ED596-AD086"
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 22:36:15
November 23 2011 22:35 GMT
#474
Hitscan weapons are absolutely devastating. Will it kill someone as fast as a chaingun in T1 or T2? No, its physical dps is lower. But it is far more accurate at longer ranges and far easier to use. Honestly the only thing keeping them in check right now is the reload which while I hate reloading in tribes games, and hitscan weapons, if hirez really wants to keep hitscan weapons then its a necessity.

Just play a ranger on the flag and you'll realize how good hitscan weapons are. Just shoot a thumper as they come in and now you can just shoot a few bullets (as well as being able to thumper jump which is REALLY good compared to other jumps) and they die.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
aleballe87
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden49 Posts
November 23 2011 22:56 GMT
#475
anyone got a spare key? id appreciate one
sfs
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
November 23 2011 23:01 GMT
#476
Cool, I played some Tribes 2 and Ascent.
I gave out SC2 Beta key to a fellow TLer, I hope karma works
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 23:13:47
November 23 2011 23:13 GMT
#477
bleh
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 23 2011 23:15 GMT
#478
On November 24 2011 08:01 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
Cool, I played some Tribes 2 and Ascent.
I gave out SC2 Beta key to a fellow TLer, I hope karma works



On November 24 2011 07:56 aleballe87 wrote:
anyone got a spare key? id appreciate one



PM'd you both keys.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
November 23 2011 23:18 GMT
#479
If anyone has a spare key, I'd appreciate one very much! Been following a lot of the Tribes Ascend coverage and while I have very little experience with the series, it looks like the best shooter release I'm going to get the next couple of years. :p
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
November 23 2011 23:38 GMT
#480
On November 24 2011 03:08 Wik wrote:
T19E5-CD0C7-F5EA4-2AB8E-2D6B2

T1AED-B05E3-DCE64-ED596-AD086

Make note if you use them please.


1st code is already used I believe (not by me).
Logo
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 136
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2288
GuemChi 611
Snow 142
Leta 134
Bale 28
Noble 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto23
League of Legends
JimRising 636
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
Other Games
summit1g7116
C9.Mang0255
WinterStarcraft208
Sick161
ViBE82
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Lourlo1366
• Stunt442
Other Games
• Shiphtur488
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 5m
Patches Events
10h 5m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.