• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8223 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 23

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 196 Next
Air2gear
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
177 Posts
November 22 2011 17:15 GMT
#441
I played tribes 1 and 2, and I liked tribes 1 way more than 2. I hope this game is good, though I'm not hopeful. Would like to try the beta, but my skills are rusty and occupied playing street fighter 2.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 17:33:42
November 22 2011 17:30 GMT
#442
From looking through the training map and shit, Raider looks really fucking fun.

EDIT: Jumper, rather. Jumper too.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
November 22 2011 19:17 GMT
#443
If you're any good at aiming, get sentinel first

Basically its a totally OP class which can 2/3 shot most players from any distance in the map if your aim is halfway decent, without much fear of retaliation, and you can claymore flag which is one of the few traps that doesn't rely on the generator

If you don't wanna be a fag, then the usual is pathfinder (flagcapper)
Raider is a good class if you want to rack up an asston of kills (an even MORE OP smg)
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 22 2011 19:24 GMT
#444
On November 23 2011 04:17 BrTarolg wrote:
If you're any good at aiming, get sentinel first

Basically its a totally OP class which can 2/3 shot most players from any distance in the map if your aim is halfway decent, without much fear of retaliation, and you can claymore flag which is one of the few traps that doesn't rely on the generator

If you don't wanna be a fag, then the usual is pathfinder (flagcapper)
Raider is a good class if you want to rack up an asston of kills (an even MORE OP smg)


Well, I suck dick at aiming, as I said before and I'm not the kind of person that wants to sit back and snipe all day. Pathfinder seems cool, but again, I'm more of a defensive oriented player. Raider seems like boat loads of fun just locking down entire areas and Jumper seems even more fun. That crossbow shit is intense.

Also, is there any use for Infiltrator? I mean, unless that SMG is just ridiculously strong, they seem kind of useless.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
November 22 2011 20:30 GMT
#445
Infiltrator can be infuriating running around cloaked in your base meleeing everyone in sight. They have their role, although a small and niche one.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
November 22 2011 20:42 GMT
#446
Oh wow, I had no idea beta started. Signed up just now, so hopefully I'll get in eventually. Can't wait to play this. :p
Blah.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 22 2011 22:28 GMT
#447
Raider is a good, powerful class to unlock, but if you want to diversify in to light/medium I'd go with pathfinder and juggernaut respectively. Both pretty solid, versatile classes. Also getting their price halved in the next patch so you'll be able to get both of these for the price of one other.

infiltrator is a very specialised class but it's surprisingly lethal once you get the hang of it. the SMG is trash compared to some others right now, but the pistol is brutal once you get the hang of it, it can shred even heavies if you can land shots consistently, which is easier than using a hitscan weapon IMO. It feels very much like the chaingun from tribes 2, only semi auto and dealing waaay more damage a hit (something like 300-400)
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Razith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada431 Posts
November 22 2011 22:31 GMT
#448
On November 19 2011 07:38 Luckbox wrote:
What are your grab speeds like on Bella Omega? I can get 240km as BE, not sure about DS routes though.


Bella is harder to get really high speeds on since the flag stand is so high. I can still hit the 250-260 range though which seems to be my average grab speed currently. Nicely timed routes can have me getting close to 300km/h, though its almost pointless to do that unless you're doing a back-to-front route; otherwise, you're going to have an up close confrontation with the out of bounds grid.

The game right now is a lot of fun. There is still a lot of balance issues in the game, still some mechanics issues in the game like projectile inheritance, and a lack of use of base assets; gen down? who cares.

But I must say, shooting discs and flying around at 300km/h is still really fun and it definitely has that Tribes feel. I just home they are willing to change their stance on some views, such as load outs, spawning in load outs, hit scan weapons, lights getting 1 shotted by discs etc.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 22 2011 23:04 GMT
#449
Was on that oasis map thing. My first flag cap was me going up that hill and through the enemy ship, picking up the flag at 180mph, going out the otherside, swinging around the entire map, and flying through our own ship to cap it.

Felt glorious.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
November 23 2011 03:50 GMT
#450
Welp, my first balance whine.

I fucking hate those Mortar guys. So god damn much. It seems like I can't do jack shit against one who knows what he's doing as a flag capper. I mean, these guys are hitting me from 1000m away no problem, while I'm on the move.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
November 23 2011 06:07 GMT
#451
On November 23 2011 12:50 Fruscainte wrote:
Welp, my first balance whine.

I fucking hate those Mortar guys. So god damn much. It seems like I can't do jack shit against one who knows what he's doing as a flag capper. I mean, these guys are hitting me from 1000m away no problem, while I'm on the move.


Are you sure? Mortar is kinda shit in this game, don't see how you can always get hit as a flag capper unless you are moving under 150+ km/h
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 23 2011 07:11 GMT
#452
After playing for a while I just have no idea why on earth would they even put hitscan weapons into the game...how do they think it is going to improve it?

Tribes is all about 2 things:

Skiing
Movement prediction

Then they were like....lets just take that second part out ....

There is literally no way to justify it,they are just noob weapons
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
anonymitylol
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada4477 Posts
November 23 2011 07:42 GMT
#453
On November 23 2011 16:11 sob3k wrote:
After playing for a while I just have no idea why on earth would they even put hitscan weapons into the game...how do they think it is going to improve it?

Tribes is all about 2 things:

Skiing
Movement prediction

Then they were like....lets just take that second part out ....

There is literally no way to justify it,they are just noob weapons


The hitscan weapons do next to no damage, though.

It's much more rewarding to get good at using a weapon with splash that has a projectile that takes time to hit, as they do MUCH more damage than hitscan weapons.

They're just providing a (lesser) alternative.
gold on my wrist phone in my pocket
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 23 2011 08:31 GMT
#454
I hope there will be a cave map next, I remember playing one on tribes 2 or tribes vengeance? loved that map (probably because of the silly things you could do with grapple XD )
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
anonymitylol
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada4477 Posts
November 23 2011 09:11 GMT
#455
I've got a few beta keys by the way, if anybody wants one PM me and I'll hook you up.
gold on my wrist phone in my pocket
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
November 23 2011 09:24 GMT
#456
Having sunk a few hours in, I have one major question:
Is body blocking on flag GONE? or is it just completely different from T2 now?
BW forever
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
November 23 2011 09:45 GMT
#457
I have played about an hour of Ascend. I played tribes 1 a ton and 2 a lot. I like the new skiing button. I was having a hard time trying to do tribes 1 skiing. It is fun to be able to just glide along the ground at a high speed without using any jetpack energy. I am still thrown off by the hit scan (bullets travel instantly) weapons. I have been shooting things in Skyrim and BF3 lately and try to lead things. A good spinfusor hit is still satisfying.
Thanks to tec27 for the key.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 23 2011 10:11 GMT
#458
Having sunk a few hours in, I have one major question:
Is body blocking on flag GONE? or is it just completely different from T2 now?


it's not. It helps a lot to have the super heavy perk from juggernaut, which makes it harder to punt you off. You can also play infiltrator and play LoF . Cloak and stand in flag : enemy faceplants into your invisible chest, always a laugh. Doesn't work consistently though, it's a nifty trick in a close game to throw off a crucial cap.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
November 23 2011 10:20 GMT
#459
On November 23 2011 19:11 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Show nested quote +
Having sunk a few hours in, I have one major question:
Is body blocking on flag GONE? or is it just completely different from T2 now?


it's not. It helps a lot to have the super heavy perk from juggernaut, which makes it harder to punt you off. You can also play infiltrator and play LoF . Cloak and stand in flag : enemy faceplants into your invisible chest, always a laugh. Doesn't work consistently though, it's a nifty trick in a close game to throw off a crucial cap.


I just got body blocked like 10 minutes ago, definitely worked on me
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
November 23 2011 14:33 GMT
#460
Body blocking works but its really weird. Sometimes they'll fly straight through you, other times they won't even touch you and you BB them. Honestly unless you're a hof you're better off just shooting the stand.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings75
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 272
RuFF_SC2 103
CosmosSc2 74
WinterStarcraft46
ViBE32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2041
GuemChi 1371
Artosis 622
910 44
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever369
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 437
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox702
Other Games
summit1g8634
Day[9].tv761
shahzam679
JimRising 631
C9.Mang0358
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick867
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• EnkiAlexander 13
• Letter146
• Hinosc 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv761
• Shiphtur696
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 19m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.