• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10627 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 196 Next
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
November 21 2011 10:41 GMT
#401
The game is awesome, I suck balls though. I'm just trying to run flags to practice my skiing.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 21 2011 10:50 GMT
#402
Muck around on some of the blank maps to figure out cap routes, then run them in games. If you want to get better at shooting, pick ranger/soldier or jumper and find a high point near your flag. When a flag cap goes down, chase them down as best you can, if you get them, return the flag, hit K and return to your vantage. This will give you the chance to practice high speed shots without worrying too much about people shooting back.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Ventil
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden414 Posts
November 21 2011 11:16 GMT
#403
Is there some easy way to get into the beta, or does one have to apply though their site and hope for the best?
Twitter: @VeNtiLSC
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 21 2011 11:47 GMT
#404
apply through the site. you can also possibly wrangle a key off an existing tester, everyone was given three to give to friends.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
WTFZerg
Profile Joined February 2011
United States704 Posts
November 21 2011 12:06 GMT
#405
On November 21 2011 04:08 Wik wrote:
Unclaimed as of 4:24 PM EST, Nov.20.

If someone uses it please say so for the convenience of others.

T15C9-76E77-52624-58CBE-62BF7


Used. Really appreciate it buddy.
Might makes right.
Ventil
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden414 Posts
November 21 2011 12:34 GMT
#406
[image loading]
So I've looked around for a few hours now for giveaways and such for Tribes beta keys, but with no luck.
I was wondering if any of you guys have a spare beta key you don't need so I can try the game out?
I don't have much to offer in return, but I drew a pony for you guys, so I hope that's at least something : 3
Twitter: @VeNtiLSC
Ventil
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden414 Posts
November 21 2011 13:46 GMT
#407
Never mind, I ended up paying the 29$ for the VIP package.
Twitter: @VeNtiLSC
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 21 2011 14:36 GMT
#408
The thing that pisses me off is the lack of class customization of the classes..
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Stiluz
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway688 Posts
November 21 2011 15:05 GMT
#409
Loving Tribes, great that they're bringing it back. Already bought the VIP package, but I hate that they've restricted the classes so much, even with all the gold coins you get from buying the game. Another thing is the lack of veichles... I hardly see any veichle usage at all in the games I play, they cost so much.

Also, my performance is fairly subpar, I'm wondering if I should expect bad performance, or something's weird with my system? I have an ASUS laptop w/ i5 M430 CPU, 4 gb ram, Radeon Mobility 5730. Fairly old, but it runs all other Unreal 3 based games smoothly with everything maxed out. Ascend runs at about 20-30 fps, sometimes going to 35-40 if I'm very lucky and not much is happening. Everything on low at 1280x720... Not very playable.
Jarvs
Profile Joined December 2009
Australia639 Posts
November 21 2011 15:38 GMT
#410
Can't wait for this game. Looks ace. Spent years on Tribes 1 and two or three on Vengeance (which was fun though people seem to hate on it a lot). Any Tribes game is welcome in my eyes.
MightyMike
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark29 Posts
November 21 2011 18:06 GMT
#411
It's been some time since this lurker has unburrowed, but this seems like a good occasion..

I used to play Tribes2 back in the day, when all my friends played counterstrike. Despite the fact that I never played competitivly, that none of my friends wanted to try out the game and I thus only played publics, and despite the fact that I must have been a huge nab (I was very young at the time), my times of Tribes2 is one of my fondest memories of gaming.

Now, reading this thread, I've got my eyes set on T:A, and so unless Hi-Rez gives me free beta before the 1st of December (Payday!), I'll go and purchase the VIP deal. One thing confuses me, though; I see some of you mentioning getting a guest pass when receiving a beta invite, yet the VIP info page says nothing about guest passes. So my question is this; those of you who paid for beta entry, did you get guest passes too? Or how are they aquired? I'm hoping that this time, I can convert some of my nerdbuddies to the ways of Tribes.

Thanks for a great thread (as always, <3TL).
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-21 18:54:55
November 21 2011 18:47 GMT
#412
On November 22 2011 03:06 MightyMike wrote:
It's been some time since this lurker has unburrowed, but this seems like a good occasion..

I used to play Tribes2 back in the day, when all my friends played counterstrike. Despite the fact that I never played competitivly, that none of my friends wanted to try out the game and I thus only played publics, and despite the fact that I must have been a huge nab (I was very young at the time), my times of Tribes2 is one of my fondest memories of gaming.

Now, reading this thread, I've got my eyes set on T:A, and so unless Hi-Rez gives me free beta before the 1st of December (Payday!), I'll go and purchase the VIP deal. One thing confuses me, though; I see some of you mentioning getting a guest pass when receiving a beta invite, yet the VIP info page says nothing about guest passes. So my question is this; those of you who paid for beta entry, did you get guest passes too? Or how are they aquired? I'm hoping that this time, I can convert some of my nerdbuddies to the ways of Tribes.

Thanks for a great thread (as always, <3TL).


Yep you get three beta keys if you download the VIP deal. I highly recommend dishing out the $30 cause it's a really fun game even though the closed beta just started. The only thing I'm scared of is that it's missing some important things that made the original tribes games so great.

It's kinda of reminding me of SC1 vs. SC2. SC1 had beautiful and nearly perfect interactions between races and units, SC2 I've recently become completely bored with and I'll probably never play it again in my life.

But Tribes: Ascend is still in beta and the developers seem to be listening to people and changing things way more than blizzard listened to anyone in SC2 beta.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
n00bie
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany21 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-22 00:04:11
November 21 2011 18:52 GMT
#413
T19B6-EA783-37B04-53798-1C40D
T178E-F0F6B-C9CF4-7A7A0-23159

have fun guys, and pls write if you use them

edit: both used
MyLittleZergling
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9 Posts
November 21 2011 19:21 GMT
#414
Ventil, that is a great pony.
...and I said "Banelings? Are you crazy?!"
PunitiveDamages
Profile Joined June 2009
United States131 Posts
November 21 2011 19:30 GMT
#415
On November 22 2011 03:52 n00bie wrote:
T19B6-EA783-37B04-53798-1C40D
T178E-F0F6B-C9CF4-7A7A0-23159

have fun guys, and pls write if you use them


Wow, thanks a bunch. I've been on the fence about getting the VIP package, since I hadn't gotten to test it (played T2, but was not a fan of T:V)

I used the 2nd key you posted. If I end up getting the VIP package I'll post the keys I get here in return.
BW forever
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
November 21 2011 19:36 GMT
#416
On November 22 2011 03:52 n00bie wrote:
T19B6-EA783-37B04-53798-1C40D
T178E-F0F6B-C9CF4-7A7A0-23159

have fun guys, and pls write if you use them

I tried both keys and no dice, seems they are taken(or I messed up, whichever).
Do you really want chat rooms?
n00bie
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany21 Posts
November 21 2011 20:01 GMT
#417
On November 22 2011 04:36 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 03:52 n00bie wrote:
T19B6-EA783-37B04-53798-1C40D
T178E-F0F6B-C9CF4-7A7A0-23159

have fun guys, and pls write if you use them

I tried both keys and no dice, seems they are taken(or I messed up, whichever).



check your PMs
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
November 21 2011 21:53 GMT
#418
I've got a question: When I shoot the spinfuser, does my disk travel in a straight line, or does it gain my momentum and make a curve?
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
November 21 2011 22:35 GMT
#419
Straight line, the game doesn't have momentum inheritance yet, but even when it does your disc will travel in a straight line only.
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
Astarwulf
Profile Joined May 2010
United States63 Posts
November 21 2011 22:42 GMT
#420
On November 22 2011 03:52 n00bie wrote:
T19B6-EA783-37B04-53798-1C40D
T178E-F0F6B-C9CF4-7A7A0-23159

have fun guys, and pls write if you use them


Thanks I used the first one listed
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 190
CosmosSc2 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1900
GuemChi 1271
Artosis 658
910 41
MaD[AoV]18
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever292
League of Legends
JimRising 778
Counter-Strike
taco 215
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox659
Other Games
summit1g8672
Day[9].tv721
shahzam619
C9.Mang0323
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv721
• Shiphtur711
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 11m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 21h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.