• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:00
CEST 19:00
KST 02:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10095 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 181

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 196 Next
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
June 30 2012 18:32 GMT
#3601
Hi, I'm on London server right now, does anyone want to play? Add me on steam outlawstarcraft or on tribes xyuurei
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 04:00:28
July 01 2012 03:59 GMT
#3602
On June 29 2012 15:45 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 14:41 Supamang wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On June 27 2012 02:45 Binky1842 wrote:
frag videos that just have MAs are boring as hell

I dunno about you, but I really enjoyed this:


Is it just me or does the shot inheritance feel way different from old T1 and T2? I didn't play a huge amount of Tribes Ascend, but from the amount I did the feeling of taking a shot while moving just felt way different. Watching that video, almost every shot I was sitting there thinking that they wouldn't hit whereas when I watch T2 frag videos I can tell that each shot is perfectly placed.


Its the same as T1 but different from T2.

T2 has 75% inheritance on discs, varying amounts on other weapons.

TA has 50% on everything except chainguns which are 20% (lolhirez)

T1 has 50% on discs and varying amounts on other weapons.

So for discs T1 and TA are the same.

Interesting. I guess I just transitioned better from T1 to T2 then.

And are you serious about 20% on chainguns? whats their reasoning behind that?

Edit: I'm really trying to figure out whether or not I should try to get back into TA. I'd have to buy a better computer so if its worth it I might decide to get one sooner than planned
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 01 2012 04:45 GMT
#3603
On July 01 2012 12:59 Supamang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 15:45 Coriolis wrote:
On June 29 2012 14:41 Supamang wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On June 27 2012 02:45 Binky1842 wrote:
frag videos that just have MAs are boring as hell

I dunno about you, but I really enjoyed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Is it just me or does the shot inheritance feel way different from old T1 and T2? I didn't play a huge amount of Tribes Ascend, but from the amount I did the feeling of taking a shot while moving just felt way different. Watching that video, almost every shot I was sitting there thinking that they wouldn't hit whereas when I watch T2 frag videos I can tell that each shot is perfectly placed.


Its the same as T1 but different from T2.

T2 has 75% inheritance on discs, varying amounts on other weapons.

TA has 50% on everything except chainguns which are 20% (lolhirez)

T1 has 50% on discs and varying amounts on other weapons.

So for discs T1 and TA are the same.

Interesting. I guess I just transitioned better from T1 to T2 then.

And are you serious about 20% on chainguns? whats their reasoning behind that?

Edit: I'm really trying to figure out whether or not I should try to get back into TA. I'd have to buy a better computer so if its worth it I might decide to get one sooner than planned


Noone has any idea. Probably the same reason we still don't have central servers and demo recording.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
July 01 2012 12:39 GMT
#3604
On July 01 2012 13:45 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 12:59 Supamang wrote:
On June 29 2012 15:45 Coriolis wrote:
On June 29 2012 14:41 Supamang wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On June 27 2012 02:45 Binky1842 wrote:
frag videos that just have MAs are boring as hell

I dunno about you, but I really enjoyed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Is it just me or does the shot inheritance feel way different from old T1 and T2? I didn't play a huge amount of Tribes Ascend, but from the amount I did the feeling of taking a shot while moving just felt way different. Watching that video, almost every shot I was sitting there thinking that they wouldn't hit whereas when I watch T2 frag videos I can tell that each shot is perfectly placed.


Its the same as T1 but different from T2.

T2 has 75% inheritance on discs, varying amounts on other weapons.

TA has 50% on everything except chainguns which are 20% (lolhirez)

T1 has 50% on discs and varying amounts on other weapons.

So for discs T1 and TA are the same.

Interesting. I guess I just transitioned better from T1 to T2 then.

And are you serious about 20% on chainguns? whats their reasoning behind that?

Edit: I'm really trying to figure out whether or not I should try to get back into TA. I'd have to buy a better computer so if its worth it I might decide to get one sooner than planned


Noone has any idea. Probably the same reason we still don't have central servers and demo recording.


I would love central servers, I had to play in a scrim last night on west with 100 ping, which is up from my normal 30.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 01 2012 13:06 GMT
#3605
On July 01 2012 21:39 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 13:45 Coriolis wrote:
On July 01 2012 12:59 Supamang wrote:
On June 29 2012 15:45 Coriolis wrote:
On June 29 2012 14:41 Supamang wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On June 27 2012 02:45 Binky1842 wrote:
frag videos that just have MAs are boring as hell

I dunno about you, but I really enjoyed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Is it just me or does the shot inheritance feel way different from old T1 and T2? I didn't play a huge amount of Tribes Ascend, but from the amount I did the feeling of taking a shot while moving just felt way different. Watching that video, almost every shot I was sitting there thinking that they wouldn't hit whereas when I watch T2 frag videos I can tell that each shot is perfectly placed.


Its the same as T1 but different from T2.

T2 has 75% inheritance on discs, varying amounts on other weapons.

TA has 50% on everything except chainguns which are 20% (lolhirez)

T1 has 50% on discs and varying amounts on other weapons.

So for discs T1 and TA are the same.

Interesting. I guess I just transitioned better from T1 to T2 then.

And are you serious about 20% on chainguns? whats their reasoning behind that?

Edit: I'm really trying to figure out whether or not I should try to get back into TA. I'd have to buy a better computer so if its worth it I might decide to get one sooner than planned


Noone has any idea. Probably the same reason we still don't have central servers and demo recording.


I would love central servers, I had to play in a scrim last night on west with 100 ping, which is up from my normal 30.


At least you haven't had to play with 100 ping for 9 months in competition....Doesn't really matter anyways since all the teams are pulling out after the fps general tournament, some already have.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
July 01 2012 13:30 GMT
#3606
What's wrong with the game ? Aside from jackal infiltrators and disgusting LMG/MIRV/spin disc juggernauts, the game felt fine to me. Rage was rather weird though, the way someone can reach the enemy base with one nitron.
Maybe it's cause you guys have played the previous versions like T2 and are using it as the reference for comparison?

Also, are there any tournaments coming up that will be streamed and where do I find them? I went on spinfusor.org and man was that place dead.
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
July 01 2012 15:24 GMT
#3607
On July 01 2012 22:06 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 21:39 TBone- wrote:
On July 01 2012 13:45 Coriolis wrote:
On July 01 2012 12:59 Supamang wrote:
On June 29 2012 15:45 Coriolis wrote:
On June 29 2012 14:41 Supamang wrote:
On June 27 2012 05:05 Keltanokka wrote:
On June 27 2012 02:45 Binky1842 wrote:
frag videos that just have MAs are boring as hell

I dunno about you, but I really enjoyed this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vn62RtnZ4s

Is it just me or does the shot inheritance feel way different from old T1 and T2? I didn't play a huge amount of Tribes Ascend, but from the amount I did the feeling of taking a shot while moving just felt way different. Watching that video, almost every shot I was sitting there thinking that they wouldn't hit whereas when I watch T2 frag videos I can tell that each shot is perfectly placed.


Its the same as T1 but different from T2.

T2 has 75% inheritance on discs, varying amounts on other weapons.

TA has 50% on everything except chainguns which are 20% (lolhirez)

T1 has 50% on discs and varying amounts on other weapons.

So for discs T1 and TA are the same.

Interesting. I guess I just transitioned better from T1 to T2 then.

And are you serious about 20% on chainguns? whats their reasoning behind that?

Edit: I'm really trying to figure out whether or not I should try to get back into TA. I'd have to buy a better computer so if its worth it I might decide to get one sooner than planned


Noone has any idea. Probably the same reason we still don't have central servers and demo recording.


I would love central servers, I had to play in a scrim last night on west with 100 ping, which is up from my normal 30.


At least you haven't had to play with 100 ping for 9 months in competition....Doesn't really matter anyways since all the teams are pulling out after the fps general tournament, some already have.


The real question is when you're gonna pull out of this thread. I can't speak for other regular readers of this thread but man am I getting sick of your incessant whine posts about a game you supposedly no longer play.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Effs
Profile Joined October 2011
5 Posts
July 01 2012 15:27 GMT
#3608
On July 01 2012 22:30 BlindKill wrote:
What's wrong with the game ? Aside from jackal infiltrators and disgusting LMG/MIRV/spin disc juggernauts, the game felt fine to me. Rage was rather weird though, the way someone can reach the enemy base with one nitron.
Maybe it's cause you guys have played the previous versions like T2 and are using it as the reference for comparison?

Also, are there any tournaments coming up that will be streamed and where do I find them? I went on spinfusor.org and man was that place dead.


This weekend and the next weekend there is the FPSGeneral Invitational tournament. In the ESL finals of tuesday the 2 top teams of EU are playing eachother.

Check the T:A launcher news section for the info.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 16:05:26
July 01 2012 16:03 GMT
#3609
On July 01 2012 22:30 BlindKill wrote:
What's wrong with the game ? Aside from jackal infiltrators and disgusting LMG/MIRV/spin disc juggernauts, the game felt fine to me. Rage was rather weird though, the way someone can reach the enemy base with one nitron.
Maybe it's cause you guys have played the previous versions like T2 and are using it as the reference for comparison?

Also, are there any tournaments coming up that will be streamed and where do I find them? I went on spinfusor.org and man was that place dead.

I'm not going to bother repeating things, just look for my past posts or search the hirez forums for projectile's/mabel's (mabeline) posts.

As for tournaments the only ones that are upcoming are the fpsgeneral tournament and the NASL. I don't think tribescast covers scrims anymore but there are a bunch of vods there.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
July 01 2012 16:41 GMT
#3610
Last few days have been pretty funny, another EU team pulling out and rage ensues. Bart flat out lying "we never promised demos or anything" yeah well good luck selling your game as esports when you don't have first person spectating, demos, clantags etc etc and apparently they are not coming anytime soon either. HR focusing more on Smite now than Tribes 'cause moba$$$. Wonder if Tribes will ever see the sequel it deserves.
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
July 02 2012 06:35 GMT
#3611
instead of hitting O every map, is there a way to keep base assets from coming up at the start of each map?
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
phlebas
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany60 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-03 18:59:14
July 03 2012 18:58 GMT
#3612
I don't know vs Heartbreakerz ESL Grand Final right now. IDK won the first map on arx.

http://de.twitch.tv/docmatrix31
"i once thought i was watching a pvp but it turns out it was two geckos mating" - riptide
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 03 2012 21:32 GMT
#3613
On July 02 2012 15:35 Binky1842 wrote:
instead of hitting O every map, is there a way to keep base assets from coming up at the start of each map?

Isn't it in the options somewhere? I seem to remember reading patch notes back in open beta saying they added that.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
July 04 2012 04:44 GMT
#3614
So TBone-, whatever happened to the old TL team? That team was Hot Dolphin, right? Did it get renamed, did it go away along with the majority of the rest of Tribes in the great pro ragequit of 2012 or what?
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
July 04 2012 05:10 GMT
#3615
On July 04 2012 13:44 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
So TBone-, whatever happened to the old TL team? That team was Hot Dolphin, right? Did it get renamed, did it go away along with the majority of the rest of Tribes in the great pro ragequit of 2012 or what?


There was only like 3 motivated people who would show up, so I just gave up on it and joined a newbloods team, Hot Dolphin, which disbanded at the end of newbloods. And now I'm on Shazbutts which formed out of the reddit pugs.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Truez
Profile Joined July 2009
Australia147 Posts
July 04 2012 12:45 GMT
#3616
Man I love this game, been playing it since Beta. Im a sick shot with soldier thumper
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
July 04 2012 14:26 GMT
#3617
Dude guys guys, IDK just got sponsored by Razer.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
July 04 2012 16:23 GMT
#3618
Meanwhile, WAI appears to throw in the towel because of the state of the game.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
July 04 2012 19:12 GMT
#3619
On July 02 2012 01:41 DCRed wrote:
Last few days have been pretty funny, another EU team pulling out and rage ensues. Bart flat out lying "we never promised demos or anything" yeah well good luck selling your game as esports when you don't have first person spectating, demos, clantags etc etc and apparently they are not coming anytime soon either. HR focusing more on Smite now than Tribes 'cause moba$$$. Wonder if Tribes will ever see the sequel it deserves.

I can't believe T:A doesn't have demos. I haven't been following this game that closely because I hate what they did to Tribes, but jesus christ. Demos are such a basic feature, how could they not have them by now. And they might never come? Baffling....
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
July 04 2012 19:28 GMT
#3620
* puts on flameproof suit *

What are demos?
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 212
ProTech149
UpATreeSC 112
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3718
Bisu 1817
Soulkey 1222
EffOrt 750
Mini 552
Larva 345
ZerO 262
Horang2 249
actioN 167
ggaemo 158
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 143
Mind 79
hero 76
Sharp 71
Shinee 55
sorry 52
Snow 42
Hyun 40
Barracks 37
Bale 32
Trap 31
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5741
Dendi1404
420jenkins359
XaKoH 358
League of Legends
Reynor63
Counter-Strike
fl0m3595
x6flipin818
pashabiceps717
Fnx 663
edward31
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes415
Liquid`Hasu155
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1474
hiko844
FrodaN657
Grubby260
XBOCT241
Livibee180
TKL 115
QueenE95
C9.Mang085
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)25
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV673
League of Legends
• Nemesis3816
• TFBlade823
Other Games
• Shiphtur489
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h
Patches Events
23h
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.