• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:14
CEST 14:14
KST 21:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8663 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 183

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 196 Next
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 17:32:34
July 15 2012 17:32 GMT
#3641
Yeah, legion is gonna win. They have a far better offence and in tribes offence is king.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
July 15 2012 17:35 GMT
#3642
pew pew pew! go Talespin
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 15 2012 18:23 GMT
#3643
I've always heard that Shrikes were amazingly good with no counters but pro Tribes matches like this really accentuate it.
Moderator
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
July 15 2012 18:30 GMT
#3644
On July 16 2012 03:23 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I've always heard that Shrikes were amazingly good with no counters but pro Tribes matches like this really accentuate it.


Shrikes aren't particularly durable, it's the low amount of personnel in 7v7 that is accentuating it.
Move Zig
Astragoth
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands89 Posts
July 15 2012 18:50 GMT
#3645
First time watching this, I must say it´s a lot of fun to watch
Benecol
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland82 Posts
July 15 2012 18:51 GMT
#3646
Why dont they spectate from first person view at all. You really can't see any skill involved from that miles away 3rd person view.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
July 15 2012 18:57 GMT
#3647
I'd also like to see at least a little bit of 1st person action. Took them long enough to implement after all..
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
July 15 2012 19:06 GMT
#3648
On July 16 2012 03:50 Astragoth wrote:
First time watching this, I must say it´s a lot of fun to watch


I've watched a lot of teams off and on.
Its these two teams that make it better than most. They play aggressive and usually keep the flag moving which forces action.
Tbh most other games are stomps or boring.
Move Zig
Scalepad
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden366 Posts
July 15 2012 19:23 GMT
#3649
I'm glad I stumbled on a link for the NASL stream, these games are very entertaining, especially the latest one on Katabatic.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 15 2012 19:32 GMT
#3650
I think I prefer to play over watch, with Tribes, but it's interesting to see played competitive. Definitely opposite from SC2 for me, where I prefer watching over playing.

Damn if those Shrikes aren't scary when someone that doesn't suck is in em though.
Befree
Profile Joined April 2010
695 Posts
July 15 2012 19:40 GMT
#3651
I'm not sure if this is the fault of the camera work, or if its just the game itself, but every time I watch a stream, it just seems completely focused on cappers. Is there really that little going on that we must exclusively sit on the 3rd person view of the cappers as they make runs across the map? Why not some first person views at least of people trying to kill them, if we're only going to watch the flag?

I always found the most interesting thing in tribes was the varied roles and the combination of all these roles and situations across the map which decide the winning team. Now because of this micro focused spectating, I can't even tell if there really is much else happening in the game in order to know whether this is a problem with the game, or a problem with the casters just not watching the whole game.

When I used to play Tribes in tournaments as a capper, I always valued most the disruptors and base defense. They seemed to most contribute to our ability to dominate the other team. Obviously my capping routes still contributed, but they weren't the only layer of the game, there were always multiple layers and multiple important battles going on all the time.

I never watched anything but clips of first person videos of these tournaments I played in so I'm not sure how someone might have casted them, but I always would have imagined them following things like: the disruptor entering the base and the battle with the base D, then cutting to the flag d setting up some defense, then a capper running and and getting mortared, then cutting back to the generator being destroyed, then cutting another capper grabbing the flag and getting away, then cutting to a chaser hunting him down while showing some nice shots and maybe a great mid air kill, then cutting back to some players trying to retake the base, then cutting to the flag d trying to deal with the flag while his generator is down, then cut to the other capper making his way back to the base, then cut to the flag d keeping the flag secure while he lands and caps, then cutting to the base d getting things repaired and so on...

I always thought it would have been so fun to watch something like that and once TA started these tournaments, I was hoping I'd get to see something like that. But all I see are these damn third person views of cappers skiing through hills for 20 minutes straight. Is the game this simplistic now, or are we just not seeing everything? I really hope things can be improved. Watching is not anywhere near as fun as playing it is.
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
July 15 2012 19:48 GMT
#3652
TA is like football and the capper are the quarterbacks , they get all the attention but only excel when the other jobs are done well
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 15 2012 19:52 GMT
#3653
I think the problem is in the production end. With such a fast paced, spread out game, you're going to be missing action unless you have multiple spectators with dedicated jobs. Like, you, watch the defense, you, watch the cappers, you, roaming.

It would take some serious work to set up an ideal cast for it, and I think right now we're just seeing kinks worked out of the system. Ideally, they'd have multiple picture in picture layouts at the ready, with the commentator picking the most exciting chunk of action for primary display.

I definitely agree that the cast needs work, but I have a feeling we're just looking at the early phases of the evolution.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 15 2012 19:54 GMT
#3654
Honestly anything not cappers is kinda boring. Pretty much everyone else is just dueling. And tribes combat is VERY shallow, it always has been, thats not the main feature of the game. Tribes combat is basically just chaingun, nail them with grenades when they land.

As for shrikes...being a comp shriker myself they're pretty stupid. They keep nerfing the wrong aspect, they nerf the blaster damage but thats not what is overpowered. Its the sheer speed of the thing, most of my kills defiantely rams.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Rouel
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden138 Posts
July 15 2012 20:09 GMT
#3655
Easy for Mono, even if it was 3-2 the games they won weren't close. Felt like the finals were won on Legions substitute capper GMC being bad at those two maps (one played twice). Same routes over and over again with single capper. Not working out? More of the same.
jupidar
Profile Joined December 2010
United States229 Posts
July 15 2012 20:21 GMT
#3656
gMc is almost as good as matin is at capping and he is better than apc/buhlitz are. With that said, if you are running only 1 capper the entire game long it is much easier to counter than when your team can switch between 1-2 cappers at will. If matin was there I feel that lgn would have won, barring any individual failures.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
July 16 2012 07:51 GMT
#3657
Double capping does a lot, no doubt about that. But switching it up and taking a different route, even if it would be slower/less practised would've helped too.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
July 17 2012 02:39 GMT
#3658
Well I suppose it was a good send off to Tribes Ascend competetive play.

Hopefully people will enjoy pubbing the game years from now.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
July 17 2012 04:29 GMT
#3659
I totally forgot to post about this on TL >.< I hope everyone who tuned in enjoyed the show, there is definitely room for improvements but I did my best to make it as good as I could

VOD is up now but u gotta subscribe to NASL to get it.. http://www.twitch.tv/nasls3/b/325003584
I do stuff in eSports
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 11:52:17
July 17 2012 11:52 GMT
#3660
New episode of "How to over complicate a cap" is out

+ Show Spoiler +
Prev 1 181 182 183 184 185 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1231
WardiTV532
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko413
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10823
Bisu 2541
Jaedong 1689
BeSt 1066
EffOrt 610
Horang2 433
ZerO 320
actioN 269
Larva 226
Pusan 153
[ Show more ]
Mini 144
Mind 98
Barracks 86
ggaemo 82
Hyun 80
Yoon 69
Snow 68
Killer 52
Shinee 48
Sharp 38
Bale 37
NotJumperer 34
scan(afreeca) 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 19
hero 15
Noble 15
zelot 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
sorry 10
Dota 2
Dendi826
Gorgc563
qojqva343
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1294
markeloff75
Other Games
B2W.Neo329
crisheroes279
DeMusliM195
Pyrionflax187
dupreeh99
hiko97
Mew2King66
Livibee64
QueenE61
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 6212
StarCastTV_EN92
UltimateBattle 64
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1082
League of Legends
• Jankos1366
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 46m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.