• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:07
CEST 16:07
KST 23:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7752 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 127

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 196 Next
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
March 25 2012 05:19 GMT
#2521
id take the gold if u aint usin
young ho
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
March 25 2012 05:23 GMT
#2522
On March 25 2012 14:03 deth2munkies wrote:
This is a game I will never bother playing. I just can't get into it at all.

Even so, I have a couple of free gold cards from SXSW a couple weeks ago, who wants a code?

Oh shoot, I wouldn't mind a little gold
ohmkerg
Profile Joined November 2011
United States102 Posts
March 25 2012 05:55 GMT
#2523
send er my way
Pablols
Profile Joined August 2009
Chile519 Posts
March 25 2012 06:00 GMT
#2524
wouldn't mind some gold
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
March 25 2012 06:01 GMT
#2525
Somebody say gold?

I want gold.

GOLD!
I like things.
krews
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1308 Posts
March 25 2012 06:35 GMT
#2526
On March 25 2012 14:03 deth2munkies wrote:
This is a game I will never bother playing. I just can't get into it at all.

Even so, I have a couple of free gold cards from SXSW a couple weeks ago, who wants a code?


me~ would love some free gold. might too late though, so thanks anyways
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 07:36:26
March 25 2012 07:32 GMT
#2527
I'll PM in order of the responses till I run out.

Bah, I thought I had more. I'll dig through my bag and see if I can find another one, if not, they've all been sent.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
March 25 2012 08:12 GMT
#2528
On March 25 2012 16:32 deth2munkies wrote:
I'll PM in order of the responses till I run out.

Bah, I thought I had more. I'll dig through my bag and see if I can find another one, if not, they've all been sent.

Curse you timezone!
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 25 2012 11:46 GMT
#2529
What's a gold card? gimme :D
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
primarch359
Profile Joined January 2011
United States119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 12:15:34
March 25 2012 12:08 GMT
#2530
Did i miss gold cards at pax? i played it there, but i didn't get any giveaways.
and then TRUMPETS
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
March 25 2012 17:29 GMT
#2531
On March 25 2012 16:32 deth2munkies wrote:
I'll PM in order of the responses till I run out.

Bah, I thought I had more. I'll dig through my bag and see if I can find another one, if not, they've all been sent.

Aw.

How much gold was it?
I like things.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 25 2012 17:32 GMT
#2532
On March 26 2012 02:29 Tamburlaine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2012 16:32 deth2munkies wrote:
I'll PM in order of the responses till I run out.

Bah, I thought I had more. I'll dig through my bag and see if I can find another one, if not, they've all been sent.

Aw.

How much gold was it?


250, I'm going to assume it's not much, but I don't know. I got a bunch at SXSW because they gave them away at the alienware booth for playing Tribes/BF3 on the stage and for answering trivia questions.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
March 25 2012 17:40 GMT
#2533
Man, this game is pretty fun until you actually run into people who are decent and abuse fucking shrikes and sentinel...then the game just falls apart...There is just no good counterplay to them.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
March 25 2012 17:58 GMT
#2534
On March 26 2012 02:40 sob3k wrote:
Man, this game is pretty fun until you actually run into people who are decent and abuse fucking shrikes and sentinel...then the game just falls apart...There is just no good counterplay to them.


Doombringers, which are a standard defensive class, can shut down shrikes in a fairly large radius, especially if they station themselves in the midfield in a secure position, making them nigh on unassailable with their mines and chaingun while keeping the shrike pinned down in the hills in the back of the map to break LoS on you. That said, they can be taken out by infiltrators, which also happen to be the effective counter to sentinels standing in one spot all day taking potshots at pathfinders trying to take the flag.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 25 2012 18:46 GMT
#2535
On March 26 2012 02:58 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 02:40 sob3k wrote:
Man, this game is pretty fun until you actually run into people who are decent and abuse fucking shrikes and sentinel...then the game just falls apart...There is just no good counterplay to them.


Doombringers, which are a standard defensive class, can shut down shrikes in a fairly large radius, especially if they station themselves in the midfield in a secure position, making them nigh on unassailable with their mines and chaingun while keeping the shrike pinned down in the hills in the back of the map to break LoS on you. That said, they can be taken out by infiltrators, which also happen to be the effective counter to sentinels standing in one spot all day taking potshots at pathfinders trying to take the flag.


The shrike can just fly at you and eat 1 missile to pop you up and splatter you. A doombringer will only mildly annoy a good shrike.
unsmart
Profile Joined April 2009
United States322 Posts
March 25 2012 18:48 GMT
#2536
When I play infiltrator I find that shrikers are greedy and love hitting people in the air. So I try to get the attention with the spinfuser and set myself up to be an easy mid air roadkill. Most Shrikers will come straight at me, setting themselves up for an easy sticky + spinfuser shot.


Doombringers shouldn't leave the base, They are useless in the midfield and at the enemy base.


To stop a good sentinel you have to not care about points and make it your sole duty to annoy him. Don't kill the sentinel, just fire at him and hide. Make it so he rarely gets a good shot in. If you kill the sentinel he'll spawn in 5 seconds and continue doing his job and making your job (finding him and stopping him from shooting) even harder.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-25 18:55:55
March 25 2012 18:53 GMT
#2537
On March 26 2012 03:46 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 02:58 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On March 26 2012 02:40 sob3k wrote:
Man, this game is pretty fun until you actually run into people who are decent and abuse fucking shrikes and sentinel...then the game just falls apart...There is just no good counterplay to them.


Doombringers, which are a standard defensive class, can shut down shrikes in a fairly large radius, especially if they station themselves in the midfield in a secure position, making them nigh on unassailable with their mines and chaingun while keeping the shrike pinned down in the hills in the back of the map to break LoS on you. That said, they can be taken out by infiltrators, which also happen to be the effective counter to sentinels standing in one spot all day taking potshots at pathfinders trying to take the flag.


The shrike can just fly at you and eat 1 missile to pop you up and splatter you. A doombringer will only mildly annoy a good shrike.


In my experience, the doombringer can put 2-3 missiles in the air if he engages at a large distance. If I recall correctly, the doombringer does not have to relock after firing, so quite a few missiles can be lobbed fairly quickly. Also, the shrike may have to spend a few seconds to find the doombringer before heading to him, adding even more time for the doombringer to put up the 3 missiles to force the shrike out of LoS.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 25 2012 19:10 GMT
#2538
On March 26 2012 03:53 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2012 03:46 Keltanokka wrote:
On March 26 2012 02:58 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On March 26 2012 02:40 sob3k wrote:
Man, this game is pretty fun until you actually run into people who are decent and abuse fucking shrikes and sentinel...then the game just falls apart...There is just no good counterplay to them.


Doombringers, which are a standard defensive class, can shut down shrikes in a fairly large radius, especially if they station themselves in the midfield in a secure position, making them nigh on unassailable with their mines and chaingun while keeping the shrike pinned down in the hills in the back of the map to break LoS on you. That said, they can be taken out by infiltrators, which also happen to be the effective counter to sentinels standing in one spot all day taking potshots at pathfinders trying to take the flag.


The shrike can just fly at you and eat 1 missile to pop you up and splatter you. A doombringer will only mildly annoy a good shrike.


In my experience, the doombringer can put 2-3 missiles in the air if he engages at a large distance. If I recall correctly, the doombringer does not have to relock after firing, so quite a few missiles can be lobbed fairly quickly. Also, the shrike may have to spend a few seconds to find the doombringer before heading to him, adding even more time for the doombringer to put up the 3 missiles to force the shrike out of LoS.


After the first missile is fired the shrike pilot will know your general location. He can the weave in and out of LOS blockers to get close to the doombringer. Also, I have seen shrike pilots just turn around and shoot the missiles out of the air with the shrike missile/their SMG if they are not close to any LOS blockers.
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
March 25 2012 19:18 GMT
#2539
One dmb is not really a problem if you know how to fly. Many times they position them in a top of a tower or something which makes it really easy to kill them with shoot>run over. With pilot you can eat quite a few missiles anyway so if your shrike is in full hp a lonely dmb is not gonna pose that big of a threat.
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
March 25 2012 19:30 GMT
#2540
The best counter to a shrike is to get your own shrike and crash into him :p
BW forever || Thall
Prev 1 125 126 127 128 129 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63020
Bisu 2356
FanTaSy 1540
Stork 738
hero 644
Rush 496
Snow 221
firebathero 207
Mind 111
Last 107
[ Show more ]
Free 95
Sexy 76
Sharp 71
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 60
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 43
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 30
Mong 24
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 17
Rock 15
HiyA 15
zelot 13
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1097
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns40385
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo613
Beastyqt517
Mlord351
Khaldor285
Happy284
Hui .214
crisheroes50
Chillindude18
KnowMe9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 15
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
53m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 53m
OSC
8h 53m
Replay Cast
8h 53m
OSC
21h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.