• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:56
CEST 16:56
KST 23:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6541 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 125

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 196 Next
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 21 2012 12:47 GMT
#2481
On March 21 2012 20:20 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 10:48 AnarchyAo wrote:
Be sure to check out my stream. It's been approved & added here on TL.net. Also, try to support the game if you enjoy playing it. I'd like to see TL.net add this game to their list of streaming content options in the games dropdown menu.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/AnarchyAo


I've watched your stream quite a bit. Very enjoyable! Especially with mic. You seem to keep getting banned though :p

Not sure why Sunstar is a sniper friendly map.. it's so easy to get around that sentinels have no place which is somewhat safe. Same with Shrike/Beo, there's just 0 terrain to hide from doombringers.

Doesn't matter, if a sniper dies hes back to sniping you in 5 seconds.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
March 21 2012 13:07 GMT
#2482
Please explain me the reasoning why you pick inf against sent and especially want to stab him. I run close combat on pubs with sent and everytime someone melees me I just turn around and kill the inf who's standing still wondering why I didn't die. Paths are another class who pretty often after dying few times try to come after me and kill me. And even if someone gets me, it's not like I'm gonna change to another class, I respawn and kill the guy from my new spawn. If you want to beat sent 100-0 pick raider with shield pack.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 21 2012 13:12 GMT
#2483
On March 21 2012 22:07 DCRed wrote:
Please explain me the reasoning why you pick inf against sent and especially want to stab him. I run close combat on pubs with sent and everytime someone melees me I just turn around and kill the inf who's standing still wondering why I didn't die. Paths are another class who pretty often after dying few times try to come after me and kill me. And even if someone gets me, it's not like I'm gonna change to another class, I respawn and kill the guy from my new spawn. If you want to beat sent 100-0 pick raider with shield pack.


Not stab as much as kill. Unless I'm mistaken, most Sentinels don't use Close Combat and just camp a single spot all day.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
March 21 2012 13:19 GMT
#2484
What should and infestor get ?

the melee perk, and quick draw?
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 21 2012 13:32 GMT
#2485
On March 21 2012 22:19 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
What should and infestor get ?

the melee perk, and quick draw?


Close combat is quite good and survivalist is pretty much a must have if you play infiltrator (not infestor^^).
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
March 21 2012 13:37 GMT
#2486
On March 21 2012 22:32 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 22:19 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
What should and infestor get ?

the melee perk, and quick draw?


Close combat is quite good and survivalist is pretty much a must have if you play infiltrator (not infestor^^).


Survivalist is indeed a must but I have seen safety third used over close combat to get more stickies, I guess it depends on your style.
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
March 21 2012 13:43 GMT
#2487
Looter's better than Safety Third. Keeps you running longer, and the increased splash that comes with the fully upgraded Safety Third is more of a hazard than anything (especially when Heavies freak out and end up running in your direction with a Sticky attached).
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
March 21 2012 13:59 GMT
#2488
On March 21 2012 22:43 frd wrote:
Looter's better than Safety Third. Keeps you running longer, and the increased splash that comes with the fully upgraded Safety Third is more of a hazard than anything (especially when Heavies freak out and end up running in your direction with a Sticky attached).


Fair enough, but you might want the extra radius to clear the stand, if you're that kind of inf... for camping the gen room I guess you are right.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 05:13:20
March 22 2012 05:03 GMT
#2489
Alright I recorded a pickup tonight, I'll upload it and post it sometime tommorow. I kinda played bad, but it was arx, not a friendly map for shriking.

For some reason you can't hear me talking though T_T.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
March 22 2012 05:04 GMT
#2490
On March 21 2012 12:23 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 07:35 Tamburlaine wrote:
On March 20 2012 23:57 Ethenielle wrote:
I heard the new map is a rework of Bella Omega. Anyone confirm/deny? I'm mainly curious because I'd like to see some more maps with vibrant colors such as Crossfire/Temple or even Katabatic(yes, I know it's just pure white but... it's not dull graygreenish like Arx/Bella/Drydock).

Hopefully I'll soon be back to grinding for my Pilot perk. Shrike duels end in LOL HES GONNA TUR- oooh... so often.

Deny. It has towers that look like Bella. It has a generator room that's kinda like Bella. It has similar white sand to Bella. It has built-in forcefields like Bella.

But it is flaaaaaaaaaat. And no roof on the flag stand. And one giant sniper tower sitting in the middle like an outstretched middle finger to every single pathfinder on the map.



More like an outstretched middle finger to any vehicles. Doombringers up there are hard to root out and they can hit nearly any vehicle they can see.
I don't know about you, but constantly ducking your shrike behind your base's tower kind of mitigates the fun, not to mention your ability to hunt down pathfinders.

Hrmph. As a HoF, I do not accept those people as true doombringers.
I like things.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 05:29:49
March 22 2012 05:29 GMT
#2491
I don't find the middle tower particularly safe as a Sentinel.

Edit:
In fact I usually just sit there on one of the two spawn towers and snipe away. And usually I have at least one infil being a dbag hunting me down either way.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-22 06:25:48
March 22 2012 05:55 GMT
#2492
On March 22 2012 14:29 Southlight wrote:
I don't find the middle tower particularly safe as a Sentinel.

Edit:
In fact I usually just sit there on one of the two spawn towers and snipe away. And usually I have at least one infil being a dbag hunting me down either way.


I don't like the tower either. I usually go to one of the hills on the side and drop a jammer behind the slope so its not visible. If infiltrators are giving you trouble you might want to use close combat so they don't 1shot you with meele... usually they get super confused and don't react until you falcon them down... Eventually they start using stickies but until then you will make them mad. I got my first ''slayer'' while standing there.
ohmkerg
Profile Joined November 2011
United States102 Posts
March 22 2012 07:18 GMT
#2493
On March 21 2012 10:48 AnarchyAo wrote:
Be sure to check out my stream. It's been approved & added here on TL.net. Also, try to support the game if you enjoy playing it. I'd like to see TL.net add this game to their list of streaming content options in the games dropdown menu.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/AnarchyAo


fun to watch, thank you.

how are you rank 50 already? im at 18 and it is crawling
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
March 22 2012 18:58 GMT
#2494
oh, sunstar. ive never been consistently sniped so many times on a map ever. ty for the rage.
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
March 22 2012 22:04 GMT
#2495
I couldn't think you can make Bella any worse, oh how wrong I was. Seriously HR needs to release the mapping tools, not only to get proper maps for comp play but it'll simply add more to the game. Many old games which are still being played today owe their thanks to these different modding, mapping etc communities which keep the games alive.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
March 22 2012 22:11 GMT
#2496
On March 23 2012 07:04 DCRed wrote:
I couldn't think you can make Bella any worse, oh how wrong I was. Seriously HR needs to release the mapping tools, not only to get proper maps for comp play but it'll simply add more to the game. Many old games which are still being played today owe their thanks to these different modding, mapping etc communities which keep the games alive.

I may have bad news for you. I sat in on HiRezBarts patch discussion and showcase, and it seemed like no map editor was forthcoming any time soon. Apparently the HR mappers like their jobs...

The guy who was asking in chat was a huge douche though, so they might have been saying that just to piss him off. Still, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Likewise, I didn't get a straight answer to whether you would be able to run your own servers, or if the private/custom servers were going to be basically paying HR a fixed amount of gold to keep an instance running in their cloud with you having admin access, though I didn't press the issue.
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
March 22 2012 23:11 GMT
#2497
On March 22 2012 14:55 Alakabon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 14:29 Southlight wrote:
I don't find the middle tower particularly safe as a Sentinel.

Edit:
In fact I usually just sit there on one of the two spawn towers and snipe away. And usually I have at least one infil being a dbag hunting me down either way.


I don't like the tower either. I usually go to one of the hills on the side and drop a jammer behind the slope so its not visible. If infiltrators are giving you trouble you might want to use close combat so they don't 1shot you with meele... usually they get super confused and don't react until you falcon them down... Eventually they start using stickies but until then you will make them mad. I got my first ''slayer'' while standing there.


I don't usually get killed by melee, but I usually decide it's not worth even trying to fight (cuz normally a good infil rolls me 1v1 I find, esp cuz of stickies) lol.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 22 2012 23:17 GMT
#2498
On March 23 2012 08:11 Southlight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2012 14:55 Alakabon wrote:
On March 22 2012 14:29 Southlight wrote:
I don't find the middle tower particularly safe as a Sentinel.

Edit:
In fact I usually just sit there on one of the two spawn towers and snipe away. And usually I have at least one infil being a dbag hunting me down either way.


I don't like the tower either. I usually go to one of the hills on the side and drop a jammer behind the slope so its not visible. If infiltrators are giving you trouble you might want to use close combat so they don't 1shot you with meele... usually they get super confused and don't react until you falcon them down... Eventually they start using stickies but until then you will make them mad. I got my first ''slayer'' while standing there.


I don't usually get killed by melee, but I usually decide it's not worth even trying to fight (cuz normally a good infil rolls me 1v1 I find, esp cuz of stickies) lol.

Honestly if you want to be effective dueling anyone with a sniper is a waste of time. You can just suicide and go back to sniping faster than you can kill them.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
March 22 2012 23:32 GMT
#2499
Yeh, hence why I mention I just let myself die or hit k and be done with it, spawn elsewhere, esp. on that map cuz I'll just spawn on the OTHER tower lol!

Silly map.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
March 23 2012 03:02 GMT
#2500
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 89
Codebar 68
Reynor 58
RotterdaM 40
TKL 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66876
Bisu 2422
Stork 1122
FanTaSy 1026
Rush 925
hero 702
Snow 223
firebathero 197
Sharp 119
Mind 100
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Sexy 60
Pusan 44
ToSsGirL 44
Trap 40
Bale 27
Mong 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Terrorterran 19
Rock 18
HiyA 18
Aegong 16
yabsab 15
Noble 12
soO 12
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10013
Dendi897
Counter-Strike
fl0m2834
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Other Games
singsing2260
Liquid`RaSZi1410
Beastyqt741
B2W.Neo667
Mlord525
olofmeister441
Khaldor354
Happy345
KnowMe276
Hui .224
crisheroes165
Chillindude50
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV503
League of Legends
• Nemesis3414
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1650
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
5m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 5m
OSC
8h 5m
Replay Cast
8h 5m
OSC
21h 5m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.