• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:55
CEST 16:55
KST 23:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6590 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 124

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 196 Next
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
March 20 2012 14:58 GMT
#2461
On March 20 2012 23:52 Rostam wrote:
I like the new patch. Very excited to see what they did with Temple Ruins and the new map.


Anarchy showed off the new temple ruins map on his stream yesterday. It's a lot flatter than before, so you can't reach those insane 400+ speeds as easily anymore. The center volcano is gone too.
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
March 20 2012 15:42 GMT
#2462
On March 20 2012 18:46 Muey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2012 23:45 quirl wrote:
I think that Raider is especially good indoors or on maps with small flagspot. Definitely not a very good open field dueller.

wat

shield pack + NJ4 makes you hands down the best 1v1 dueling class in the game.

Take a midair spinfusor disc with shield pack on and you're almost stuck on the ground, making it hard to avoid splash damage. Potential energy sort of mitigates this but it only does so much.
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-20 16:03:30
March 20 2012 16:02 GMT
#2463
On March 21 2012 00:42 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 18:46 Muey wrote:
On March 19 2012 23:45 quirl wrote:
I think that Raider is especially good indoors or on maps with small flagspot. Definitely not a very good open field dueller.

wat

shield pack + NJ4 makes you hands down the best 1v1 dueling class in the game.

Take a midair spinfusor disc with shield pack on and you're almost stuck on the ground, making it hard to avoid splash damage. Potential energy sort of mitigates this but it only does so much.


Sure, they can MA you once, but you can melt anything short of a heavy in less than the time they have to reload.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-20 20:45:58
March 20 2012 20:44 GMT
#2464
So what do you think about the new maps?

I don't think they are my favourites. I like the Sun -thing better but it is quite the Sentinel playground. I still don't like Temple too much, although it is better.

Also there are still bugs in the terrain. I was going 150+ towards on Katabatic to suddenly realize I was going back where I was coming from.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-20 22:30:39
March 20 2012 22:26 GMT
#2465
Had some of the best games ever today, an entire 16v16 pub where over 85% of the players where above rank 20 and did something useful. Had some really awesome matches. The games had some intensity to them which I hadn't felt in a long time, since almost when I started playing the beta. Really reminded me of why I play the game as much as I do. I just wish that would happen more often. I wish I where whitelisted.... oh well, private servers should be coming soon.

Also, I really don't like sunfire, way to flat.
Tamburlaine
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-20 22:35:20
March 20 2012 22:35 GMT
#2466
On March 20 2012 23:57 Ethenielle wrote:
I heard the new map is a rework of Bella Omega. Anyone confirm/deny? I'm mainly curious because I'd like to see some more maps with vibrant colors such as Crossfire/Temple or even Katabatic(yes, I know it's just pure white but... it's not dull graygreenish like Arx/Bella/Drydock).

Hopefully I'll soon be back to grinding for my Pilot perk. Shrike duels end in LOL HES GONNA TUR- oooh... so often.

Deny. It has towers that look like Bella. It has a generator room that's kinda like Bella. It has similar white sand to Bella. It has built-in forcefields like Bella.

But it is flaaaaaaaaaat. And no roof on the flag stand. And one giant sniper tower sitting in the middle like an outstretched middle finger to every single pathfinder on the map.
I like things.
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
March 20 2012 22:37 GMT
#2467
On March 21 2012 00:42 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 18:46 Muey wrote:
On March 19 2012 23:45 quirl wrote:
I think that Raider is especially good indoors or on maps with small flagspot. Definitely not a very good open field dueller.

wat

shield pack + NJ4 makes you hands down the best 1v1 dueling class in the game.

Take a midair spinfusor disc with shield pack on and you're almost stuck on the ground, making it hard to avoid splash damage. Potential energy sort of mitigates this but it only does so much.



You have never been stuck 1v1ing any decent competitive level raider.
Move Zig
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
March 21 2012 00:41 GMT
#2468
After what you guys said I gave raider a try.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Adding automatic weapons (aside from the chaingun) is probably one of the worst things you can do to a Tribes game.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 01:49:44
March 21 2012 01:40 GMT
#2469
The nj4 basically is a chaingun lol.

Also they're pretty much essential to the game, if you rely upon midairs cappers will never die and it'll take far too long to clear people off a stand.

ALSO HOLY SHIT THERES NO LAG ANYMORE
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
March 21 2012 01:46 GMT
#2470
Did they do something to Drydock? It felt like people were going much faster on Drydock than they used to.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
AnarchyAo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States5 Posts
March 21 2012 01:48 GMT
#2471
Be sure to check out my stream. It's been approved & added here on TL.net. Also, try to support the game if you enjoy playing it. I'd like to see TL.net add this game to their list of streaming content options in the games dropdown menu.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/AnarchyAo
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
March 21 2012 02:03 GMT
#2472
On March 21 2012 10:40 Coriolis wrote:
The nj4 basically is a chaingun lol.

Also they're pretty much essential to the game, if you rely upon midairs cappers will never die and it'll take far too long to clear people off a stand.

ALSO HOLY SHIT THERES NO LAG ANYMORE

The nj4 is a chaingun with no spin up and it has pinpoint accuracy, lol. At least the chaingun in T2 had a spread that made it somewhat hard to finish people off with stray bullets.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 21 2012 02:13 GMT
#2473
On March 21 2012 11:03 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 10:40 Coriolis wrote:
The nj4 basically is a chaingun lol.

Also they're pretty much essential to the game, if you rely upon midairs cappers will never die and it'll take far too long to clear people off a stand.

ALSO HOLY SHIT THERES NO LAG ANYMORE

The nj4 is a chaingun with no spin up and it has pinpoint accuracy, lol. At least the chaingun in T2 had a spread that made it somewhat hard to finish people off with stray bullets.

What? In base maybe. In classic it was incredibly easy to hit people with stray bullets. Spin up time wasn't that long either.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Pablols
Profile Joined August 2009
Chile519 Posts
March 21 2012 03:05 GMT
#2474
The new sight for sentinel zooming in is so ugly, and it blocks a lot of the screen. I hate it
I wonder if I can edit some files to change it back?
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
March 21 2012 03:23 GMT
#2475
On March 21 2012 07:35 Tamburlaine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2012 23:57 Ethenielle wrote:
I heard the new map is a rework of Bella Omega. Anyone confirm/deny? I'm mainly curious because I'd like to see some more maps with vibrant colors such as Crossfire/Temple or even Katabatic(yes, I know it's just pure white but... it's not dull graygreenish like Arx/Bella/Drydock).

Hopefully I'll soon be back to grinding for my Pilot perk. Shrike duels end in LOL HES GONNA TUR- oooh... so often.

Deny. It has towers that look like Bella. It has a generator room that's kinda like Bella. It has similar white sand to Bella. It has built-in forcefields like Bella.

But it is flaaaaaaaaaat. And no roof on the flag stand. And one giant sniper tower sitting in the middle like an outstretched middle finger to every single pathfinder on the map.



More like an outstretched middle finger to any vehicles. Doombringers up there are hard to root out and they can hit nearly any vehicle they can see.
I don't know about you, but constantly ducking your shrike behind your base's tower kind of mitigates the fun, not to mention your ability to hunt down pathfinders.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 08:09:29
March 21 2012 07:36 GMT
#2476
On March 21 2012 12:05 Pablols wrote:
The new sight for sentinel zooming in is so ugly, and it blocks a lot of the screen. I hate it
I wonder if I can edit some files to change it back?


I really like it but I'm not sure if I like it with the change that your aim won't turn red anymore. Because now you can't know if the guy in the distance you were aiming at is behind the dot or not, whereas you could even see him before, with the worse reticle.


They did make a good job with the lag though. Overcoming the laws of physics, couldn't ask for more!
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
March 21 2012 08:52 GMT
#2477
Oh god I hate the new map. It's completely flat! Snipers everywhere! What the..
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
March 21 2012 11:20 GMT
#2478
On March 21 2012 10:48 AnarchyAo wrote:
Be sure to check out my stream. It's been approved & added here on TL.net. Also, try to support the game if you enjoy playing it. I'd like to see TL.net add this game to their list of streaming content options in the games dropdown menu.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/AnarchyAo


I've watched your stream quite a bit. Very enjoyable! Especially with mic. You seem to keep getting banned though :p

Not sure why Sunstar is a sniper friendly map.. it's so easy to get around that sentinels have no place which is somewhat safe. Same with Shrike/Beo, there's just 0 terrain to hide from doombringers.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
March 21 2012 12:18 GMT
#2479
I think I have a plan for when I can start playing again: when on the new map, go inf and stab snipers continuously.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
March 21 2012 12:22 GMT
#2480
On March 21 2012 17:52 Khalum wrote:
Oh god I hate the new map. It's completely flat! Snipers everywhere! What the..


Yes, as the person above me said: play infiltrator--->profit.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 92
Codebar 62
Reynor 58
RotterdaM 40
TKL 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65273
Bisu 2454
FanTaSy 999
Stork 962
Rush 840
hero 619
Snow 225
firebathero 196
Sharp 132
Mind 106
[ Show more ]
Free 71
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 61
Pusan 58
ToSsGirL 45
Trap 38
Bale 28
Mong 27
Hm[arnc] 22
Rock 20
HiyA 20
Terrorterran 19
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 11
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
soO 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9863
Dendi884
Counter-Strike
fl0m2721
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Other Games
singsing2260
Liquid`RaSZi1410
Beastyqt741
B2W.Neo667
Mlord514
olofmeister441
Happy385
Khaldor354
KnowMe278
Hui .219
crisheroes165
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV266
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony7
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV503
League of Legends
• Nemesis3615
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1650
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
5m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 5m
OSC
8h 5m
Replay Cast
8h 5m
OSC
21h 5m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.