• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:07
CEST 16:07
KST 23:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7752 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 126

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 196 Next
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 23 2012 03:04 GMT
#2501
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 03:18:28
March 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#2502
Learning how to use the assault rifle as Soldier is giving me flashbacks of unreal 04. Also does anyone know how long it takes for the thumper shot to explode in the air if it hits nothing?
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
March 23 2012 03:32 GMT
#2503
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 23 2012 03:37 GMT
#2504
On March 23 2012 12:32 syth99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.

http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=58583
Maybe you can find what you're looking for there?
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
iKill[ShocK]
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Vietnam3530 Posts
March 23 2012 03:53 GMT
#2505
On March 23 2012 12:32 syth99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.


get better hardware ^_^ hehe
<3 Kim Taeyeon
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 04:32:17
March 23 2012 04:12 GMT
#2506
On March 23 2012 12:53 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 12:32 syth99 wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.


get better hardware ^_^ hehe

its not hardware, im talking about the sun on certain maps like sunstar blinding me because they are so bright
Edit: this is on low settings with the sun not there
[image loading]
This is on Very high with the sun
[image loading]
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 23 2012 04:25 GMT
#2507
Anyone know something free that I can render this file with? Its like a 20gb or something, thats like a 3 day upload off my connection D:.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
March 23 2012 04:38 GMT
#2508
hahaah that name "Licmyclit"
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Oerbaa
Profile Joined October 2011
Scotland184 Posts
March 23 2012 04:57 GMT
#2509
Games fun but can be annoying if your a noob and can't kill people often T.T
I came here to kick as and drink milk, and ive finished my milk
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
March 23 2012 07:47 GMT
#2510
On March 23 2012 13:25 Coriolis wrote:
Anyone know something free that I can render this file with? Its like a 20gb or something, thats like a 3 day upload off my connection D:.

Try something like Avidemux/VirtualDub or just google some generic converting program.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
March 23 2012 13:32 GMT
#2511
@syth99: Yeah, those are called light shafts. Combined with bloom, it makes it REALLY hard to see people against the sun.

I'll just release my tribes.ini here. It's actually a collaboration effort between myself and Raelcun, put together over days of testing and taking ideas from the .inis of players like TITAN and pandalol. It strikes a balance between graphics and performance, keeping the good look of the game while still removing all of the annoyances like bloom, fog, light shafts, tree leaves, distortion effects, etc. Emphasis on clarity but preserving the textures.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29920516/tribes.ini

You may want to change the resolution/screen, though.
TL+ Member
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 23 2012 13:50 GMT
#2512
Bah...the video I had broke when I added a microphone audio stream apparently.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 13:55:56
March 23 2012 13:54 GMT
#2513
On March 23 2012 22:50 Coriolis wrote:
Bah...the video I had broke when I added a microphone audio stream apparently.

I may be able to do some magic with ffmpeg, if it's sufficient to just transcode/reencode/add audio.

Edit: PMd you.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-23 14:19:59
March 23 2012 14:11 GMT
#2514
On March 23 2012 13:12 syth99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 12:53 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:32 syth99 wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.


get better hardware ^_^ hehe

its not hardware, im talking about the sun on certain maps like sunstar blinding me because they are so bright
Edit: this is on low settings with the sun not there
[image loading]
This is on Very high with the sun
[image loading]


I believe that is the AllowLightshafts (something like that) option in tribes.ini. Just set that to False and you can keep your high settings.
I have pretty good setup myself. I could post my .ini here too but I guess the one above is alright. Does anyone if I can get distant objects draw a bit more clearly though? It's a bit annoying to play sentinel when the hitboxes don't even seem to be where the guys are drawn at longer distances. I didn't find any .ini files from pro sents so I guess such magic is not possible.

Do you guys use fps caps? I set mine to 50 to limit inconsistency? Or does it make any sense to set a cap below your refresh rate, which for me would be 60?

The game seems to have terrible performance for me with 2 cores, it starts throttling weirdly, although the FPS seems normal. Pretty interesting when like no other game even uses 4 cores in my experience. ( My computer sometimes acts retarded and boots with only 2 cores instead of 4) Also I get a big FPS hit from any video open ( not playing) or most music players ( not foobar). Do I have too little memory or is some kind of a game optimization issue? I don't get similar FPS hits with any other games.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
syth99
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States59 Posts
March 23 2012 18:10 GMT
#2515
On March 23 2012 23:11 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2012 13:12 syth99 wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:53 iKill[ShocK] wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:32 syth99 wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:04 Coriolis wrote:
On March 23 2012 12:02 syth99 wrote:
On two of the maps you cannot avoid looking at the sun on D and its almost blinding on the screen, anyone know how to down the brightness?

Use low/minimal settings. Pretty much what most comp players do, and a lot of them go as far as editting their INI files for maximum fps.

This did help quite a bit, kindof wish i could keep those nice graphics though.


get better hardware ^_^ hehe

its not hardware, im talking about the sun on certain maps like sunstar blinding me because they are so bright
Edit: this is on low settings with the sun not there
[image loading]
This is on Very high with the sun
[image loading]


I believe that is the AllowLightshafts (something like that) option in tribes.ini. Just set that to False and you can keep your high settings.
I have pretty good setup myself. I could post my .ini here too but I guess the one above is alright. Does anyone if I can get distant objects draw a bit more clearly though? It's a bit annoying to play sentinel when the hitboxes don't even seem to be where the guys are drawn at longer distances. I didn't find any .ini files from pro sents so I guess such magic is not possible.

Do you guys use fps caps? I set mine to 50 to limit inconsistency? Or does it make any sense to set a cap below your refresh rate, which for me would be 60?

The game seems to have terrible performance for me with 2 cores, it starts throttling weirdly, although the FPS seems normal. Pretty interesting when like no other game even uses 4 cores in my experience. ( My computer sometimes acts retarded and boots with only 2 cores instead of 4) Also I get a big FPS hit from any video open ( not playing) or most music players ( not foobar). Do I have too little memory or is some kind of a game optimization issue? I don't get similar FPS hits with any other games.

Thankyou the sun is gone now, for those of you who want to do this to just go into C:\Users\"user"\Documents\My Games\Tribes Ascend\TribesGame\Config and open the tribes.ini file (i suggest backing it up first) and find bAllowLightshafts=True and change True to False then save and launch the game. As for the hit boxes being off for you on the distant people i think that this might help http://udkc.info/index.php?title=Tutorials:Post_Processing#DOF_-_Depth_of_Field i think you can edit your depth of field in the .ini so you might want to play around with that and see if it helps at all.
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
March 24 2012 07:29 GMT
#2516
Loving the changes this patch. Bolt launcher finally gets a decent projectile, making it so much easier to learn how to make long shots and long range midairs.

The buffed weapon switching perk is also great, I finally feel like I can duel T2 style- gun in the air, projectile on the ground. I love it with both soldier (AR/thumper) and pathfinder (BL/Shotgun). It means you tend to be alittle energy starved but you can finally pull of clutch switch kills, if not extended multi weapon duels since you still need to reload a switched in weapon if you didn't earlier.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
March 24 2012 14:21 GMT
#2517
On March 24 2012 16:29 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
Loving the changes this patch. Bolt launcher finally gets a decent projectile, making it so much easier to learn how to make long shots and long range midairs.

The buffed weapon switching perk is also great, I finally feel like I can duel T2 style- gun in the air, projectile on the ground. I love it with both soldier (AR/thumper) and pathfinder (BL/Shotgun). It means you tend to be alittle energy starved but you can finally pull of clutch switch kills, if not extended multi weapon duels since you still need to reload a switched in weapon if you didn't earlier.

I know right? I'm actually switching back to home D because of this patch.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
March 25 2012 04:53 GMT
#2518
Now I just hope they add a 'quick hands' perk

Something like 10+5+5% reload speed and 50% faster unequipped reload speed (3 seconds instead of 6)

That would make projectiles a little more versatile I think, since they benefit a lot more from the reload speed and it encourages switch-dueling even more.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 25 2012 05:03 GMT
#2519
This is a game I will never bother playing. I just can't get into it at all.

Even so, I have a couple of free gold cards from SXSW a couple weeks ago, who wants a code?
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
March 25 2012 05:17 GMT
#2520
oh, me!
:3
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 82
Codebar 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63020
Bisu 2356
FanTaSy 1540
Stork 738
hero 644
Rush 496
Snow 221
firebathero 207
Mind 111
Last 107
[ Show more ]
Free 95
Sexy 76
Sharp 71
Pusan 63
Sea.KH 60
Trap 45
ToSsGirL 43
Hm[arnc] 32
Bale 30
Mong 24
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 20
yabsab 17
Rock 15
HiyA 15
zelot 13
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 9
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8247
Dendi1097
Counter-Strike
byalli1291
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns40385
singsing2375
fl0m2326
Liquid`RaSZi1209
B2W.Neo613
Beastyqt517
Mlord351
Khaldor285
Happy284
Hui .214
crisheroes50
Chillindude18
KnowMe9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 301
• HeavenSC 15
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV551
League of Legends
• Nemesis3197
• Jankos3110
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1426
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
53m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 53m
OSC
8h 53m
Replay Cast
8h 53m
OSC
21h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.