• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:53
CEST 21:53
KST 04:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8837 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 83

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 698 Next
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 23:44:41
November 27 2011 23:44 GMT
#1641
Dead Space 1 had such terrible controls for PC that I refuse to buy the second one, even for 5 dollars.
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
November 28 2011 00:32 GMT
#1642
I'm repeatedly presented with the problem not of whether or not I want to play a game or if I have enough money for it, but is said game awesome enough for me to make time for it with all the choices out there.

Woe is me.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
November 28 2011 00:57 GMT
#1643
On November 28 2011 08:44 trias_e wrote:
Dead Space 1 had such terrible controls for PC that I refuse to buy the second one, even for 5 dollars.


I finished both on the pc and had no control issues whatsoever.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
November 28 2011 00:59 GMT
#1644
No pc issues either o_O
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
November 28 2011 01:19 GMT
#1645
My Dead Space 1 controls were completely fucked on PC, guess it didn't happen to everyone.

The mouse control was probably worst mouse control I've ever experienced, just ended up dropping the game after 30 minutes, luckily I got it from a sale so not a big deal. May try again on Dualshock3 at some point since it's supposed to be a decent game.
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
November 28 2011 01:30 GMT
#1646
Instead of saying "the controls were so bad," can you elaborate on why they were bad? I'm not quite getting where you guys are coming from.

As for the rest of the sale, this one has been pretty awesome for me. Picked up AAAAA: For the Awesome, Bastion, Bob Came in Pieces, Bulletstorm, Cave Story+, Chains, Critical Mass, Dead Island, Death and the Fly, Deus Ex: HR, Dungeons of Dredmor, GundeadliGne, Gundemonium Recollection, Hitogata Happa, Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy, Orcs Must Die, Payday, Puzzle Quest, Thief, Trapped Dead, Trine 2, Trino, and Space Marine. :D
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 01:53:16
November 28 2011 01:52 GMT
#1647
I'm guessing Vaelone is referring to the mouse lag in Dead Space 1, which I hear can be fixed by turning V-sync off. I didn't even bother with that though, cus the field of view was not altered to suit PC at all when they ported it, and I got nauseous after like 15 minutes and gave it up. I never get nauseous playing third-person or FPS games, but this one got me. Don't buy if you are affected by these sorts of things, I got lucky and only ended up wasting $5 on it during the Halloween sale.
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
November 28 2011 02:06 GMT
#1648
On November 28 2011 10:52 BassInSpace wrote:
I'm guessing Vaelone is referring to the mouse lag in Dead Space 1, which I hear can be fixed by turning V-sync off. I didn't even bother with that though, cus the field of view was not altered to suit PC at all when they ported it, and I got nauseous after like 15 minutes and gave it up. I never get nauseous playing third-person or FPS games, but this one got me. Don't buy if you are affected by these sorts of things, I got lucky and only ended up wasting $5 on it during the Halloween sale.


Can't comment on the mouse lag since I never had that issue, but I think the limited field of view actually benefited DS instead of hampering it. There was a more clear sense of claustrophobia because of it. You can argue that it wasn't Visceral's intent, but so long as it was affective the intent doesn't matter.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 28 2011 02:07 GMT
#1649
hmmm just got GTA: SA, some Civ V packs, and the Total War collection. The Witcher 2 on Amazon even though it's not technically on steam. Relatively light this steam sale (although I expect to buy more for the holiday sale.
fuzzy_panda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
New Zealand1681 Posts
November 28 2011 02:11 GMT
#1650
On November 28 2011 10:30 Scribble wrote:
Instead of saying "the controls were so bad," can you elaborate on why they were bad? I'm not quite getting where you guys are coming from.

As for the rest of the sale, this one has been pretty awesome for me. Picked up AAAAA: For the Awesome, Bastion, Bob Came in Pieces, Bulletstorm, Cave Story+, Chains, Critical Mass, Dead Island, Death and the Fly, Deus Ex: HR, Dungeons of Dredmor, GundeadliGne, Gundemonium Recollection, Hitogata Happa, Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy, Orcs Must Die, Payday, Puzzle Quest, Thief, Trapped Dead, Trine 2, Trino, and Space Marine. :D


Dead Space had some Vsync issues so the mouse lags a bit behind input. It is easily fixable by looking it up on google
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12021 Posts
November 28 2011 02:17 GMT
#1651
Hm, doesn't every new game have that? I have no idea why they started with that stuff, but basically for half the newer games i start the game, the mouse lags, then i google which two lines to change in some ini to make it stop. It is kind of retarded, but not so that it would make me not buy a game because of it. Though i still don't understand why they don't just change the inis by default.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 28 2011 02:21 GMT
#1652
You will either love or hate total war. Or think it's okay.

But I've played 500+ hours of Empire:TW and I would really rather not know about Medieval or Rome.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
BassInSpace
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia165 Posts
November 28 2011 02:24 GMT
#1653
Can't comment on the mouse lag since I never had that issue, but I think the limited field of view actually benefited DS instead of hampering it. There was a more clear sense of claustrophobia because of it. You can argue that it wasn't Visceral's intent, but so long as it was affective the intent doesn't matter.


Oh I'm sure that it did help the atmosphere of the game, but I still feel that the FOV should have been altered to suit PC because you sit much closer to your PC screen than your TV screen, worsening any nausea inducing effects. The FOV was fine for consoles, and fine for PC if you are not prone to nausea. But really for those who are still undecided, I know Steam sales make us all super stingy, but it's $5 for a game that I'm sure would be heaps of fun if you don't get hit with headaches throughout the whole thing. It's not like the majority of PC users had the complaint.
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
November 28 2011 03:00 GMT
#1654
On November 28 2011 11:21 Probe1 wrote:
You will either love or hate total war. Or think it's okay.

But I've played 500+ hours of Empire:TW and I would really rather not know about Medieval or Rome.

Medieval II robbed me of my youth. I still have nightmares of Mongols and Tumurids attacking me with 10 stacks of maxed experience cavalary/archer troops + war elephants with canons on their back. Led by god generals.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
trias_e
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States520 Posts
November 28 2011 03:10 GMT
#1655
On November 28 2011 10:19 Vaelone wrote:
My Dead Space 1 controls were completely fucked on PC, guess it didn't happen to everyone.

The mouse control was probably worst mouse control I've ever experienced, just ended up dropping the game after 30 minutes, luckily I got it from a sale so not a big deal. May try again on Dualshock3 at some point since it's supposed to be a decent game.


This.

I tried turning V-Sync on and off, it did nothing to alleviate the horrible mouse control. The UI was terrible for PC as well. Definitely one of the laziest PC ports I've seen. The game was good enough that I actually got a ways into it, but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore, the mouse control just made it such a chore to play.
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
November 28 2011 03:14 GMT
#1656
On November 28 2011 12:10 trias_e wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 10:19 Vaelone wrote:
My Dead Space 1 controls were completely fucked on PC, guess it didn't happen to everyone.

The mouse control was probably worst mouse control I've ever experienced, just ended up dropping the game after 30 minutes, luckily I got it from a sale so not a big deal. May try again on Dualshock3 at some point since it's supposed to be a decent game.


This.

I tried turning V-Sync on and off, it did nothing to alleviate the horrible mouse control. The UI was terrible for PC as well. Definitely one of the laziest PC ports I've seen. The game was good enough that I actually got a ways into it, but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore, the mouse control just made it such a chore to play.


Turning V-Sync on externally (e.g. nvida control panel) fixes the issue.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
November 28 2011 04:14 GMT
#1657
On November 28 2011 12:14 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 12:10 trias_e wrote:
On November 28 2011 10:19 Vaelone wrote:
My Dead Space 1 controls were completely fucked on PC, guess it didn't happen to everyone.

The mouse control was probably worst mouse control I've ever experienced, just ended up dropping the game after 30 minutes, luckily I got it from a sale so not a big deal. May try again on Dualshock3 at some point since it's supposed to be a decent game.


This.

I tried turning V-Sync on and off, it did nothing to alleviate the horrible mouse control. The UI was terrible for PC as well. Definitely one of the laziest PC ports I've seen. The game was good enough that I actually got a ways into it, but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore, the mouse control just made it such a chore to play.


Turning V-Sync on externally (e.g. nvida control panel) fixes the issue.

Yeah, I think this is what fixed it for me. Turning v-sync off in-game and then on in CCC.

I believe I heard the solution on TL right before I bought the game. I launched the game, felt the shitty mouse movement, and just did it off-the-bat.

The only real thing I've noticed is the low max sensitivity. However, as someone already mentioned, it's important for gameplay purposes. If you could raise it higher, the game would be easier because you could look around and turn faster.
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
November 28 2011 05:02 GMT
#1658
On November 28 2011 13:14 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 12:14 Gnosis wrote:
On November 28 2011 12:10 trias_e wrote:
On November 28 2011 10:19 Vaelone wrote:
My Dead Space 1 controls were completely fucked on PC, guess it didn't happen to everyone.

The mouse control was probably worst mouse control I've ever experienced, just ended up dropping the game after 30 minutes, luckily I got it from a sale so not a big deal. May try again on Dualshock3 at some point since it's supposed to be a decent game.


This.

I tried turning V-Sync on and off, it did nothing to alleviate the horrible mouse control. The UI was terrible for PC as well. Definitely one of the laziest PC ports I've seen. The game was good enough that I actually got a ways into it, but eventually I just couldn't take it anymore, the mouse control just made it such a chore to play.


Turning V-Sync on externally (e.g. nvida control panel) fixes the issue.

Yeah, I think this is what fixed it for me. Turning v-sync off in-game and then on in CCC.

I believe I heard the solution on TL right before I bought the game. I launched the game, felt the shitty mouse movement, and just did it off-the-bat.

The only real thing I've noticed is the low max sensitivity. However, as someone already mentioned, it's important for gameplay purposes. If you could raise it higher, the game would be easier because you could look around and turn faster.


Even then, there's DPI settings to play with. I hated DS until I messed around with v-sync, fell in love with it after that.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
November 28 2011 09:34 GMT
#1659
Absolutely no issues with either Dead Spaces. Love the franchise, love both games.

They compliment each other, none of them is better than other. First one is first, scarier, less polished but more atmospheric. Second one is more of an action flick rather than a horror game, yet it looks fantasically.

Fix for v-synch and controls: Increase mouse sensitivty in DS1 and use v-synch only through your video card manager, not in-game. DS1 slows down mouse movement if it's enabled in-game and DS2 cuts limits fps to 30 if v-synch is enabled in-game.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 09:56:27
November 28 2011 09:54 GMT
#1660
Allright, I generally don't like getting scared, horror movies or games it doesn't matter. But Dead Space 2 looks like a pretty good game. I'm actually torn between buying and not buying. Can anyone help?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 567
ProTech147
BRAT_OK 84
Railgan 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1620
Shuttle 654
Dewaltoss 118
Trap 29
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 12
Dota 2
420jenkins473
XaKoH 433
Counter-Strike
fl0m4158
Fnx 653
kRYSTAL_16
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4101
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g4349
Liquid`RaSZi1914
FrodaN788
B2W.Neo424
C9.Mang0164
ToD164
TKL 98
UpATreeSC81
RotterdaM79
QueenE66
Mew2King26
PPMD18
JuggernautJason14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV227
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2530
League of Legends
• TFBlade819
Other Games
• Shiphtur1322
• imaqtpie863
• WagamamaTV324
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 7m
Patches Events
20h 7m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.