• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:52
CEST 01:52
KST 08:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8774 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 665

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 698 Next
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 26 2016 20:20 GMT
#13281
If you like strategy games I would like to recommend Hard West. Currently it is only 10€ for the game + soundtrack, plus an additional 1.50€ for a mini-dlc (that is worth it even at full price IMHO).

In short, it's XCOM in a western setting. While it is divided into smaller, stand-alone chapters (and not a part of one large campaign), it is still a really fun game with some interesting twists to the XCOM gameplay. I also think that they got risk vs. reward right.
EZ4ENCE
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
June 26 2016 21:12 GMT
#13282
On June 27 2016 00:07 Jetaap wrote:
finished doom (bought it 2 weeks ago)
worth every penny, first time i enjoy a first player shooter campaign that much.

I freaking loved doom4 too
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
June 26 2016 22:10 GMT
#13283
So I'm looking at the Half Life series, but there are so many mini expansions and whatnot. Could someone briefly breakdown for me what is what and what's worth it?
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-26 22:13:58
June 26 2016 22:13 GMT
#13284
On June 27 2016 07:10 Hier wrote:
So I'm looking at the Half Life series, but there are so many mini expansions and whatnot. Could someone briefly breakdown for me what is what and what's worth it?

Just play the mainline games and ignore the rest until you've played through the main storyline

Half life 1 -> Half life 2 -> Episode 1 -> Episode 2

After that if you want you can play through "Opposing Force" or "Blue Shift" if you want as they're kind of side-stories to half life 1, but not quite as good (imho anyway)

If you want you can just buy the "Half life complete" package and get everything above in one package
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
June 26 2016 22:13 GMT
#13285
On June 27 2016 07:10 Hier wrote:
So I'm looking at the Half Life series, but there are so many mini expansions and whatnot. Could someone briefly breakdown for me what is what and what's worth it?



Just get the base Half life 1 game, its very old but if you like it you can try opposing force also.

As for Half life 2, just get the base game and episode 1 & 2.


They are all amazing games, probably the best single player fps ever made, but you may be put off with Half life 1's graphics due to its age.

farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 26 2016 22:14 GMT
#13286
I actually think Opposing Force is one of the best side story FPS expansions ever made, Blue Shift less so, but still, both are definitely worth the price.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
June 26 2016 22:15 GMT
#13287
To be clear, we are talking Half Life: Source, right? (It's just a graphical upgrade?)
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
June 26 2016 22:16 GMT
#13288
Half life source is just the original half life game in the source engine
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
June 27 2016 04:18 GMT
#13289
Idk. It might just be me but I think the Half-life series is past its prime. I played through Half-life 2 last week since I had it sitting in my library for the past year and by the time I was halfway through it I was just playing it to finish it. There was no depth to killing enemies beyond putting enough bullets into them, which quickly got boring imo, not to mention the godawful vehicle sequences. For a game released in 2004 it was probably spectacular back then, but there are so many better games now. I tried Half-life 1 last year too, and got about halfway through before I realized I wasn't having fun playing it. The graphics on 1 are hopelessly outdated too. Decided to watch a speedrun of it instead.

Ik a lot of people say it's one of the best games ever made, but in 2016 I think there are much better games to waste your time with than the half-life series.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
June 27 2016 07:45 GMT
#13290
On June 27 2016 13:18 Epishade wrote:
Idk. It might just be me but I think the Half-life series is past its prime. I played through Half-life 2 last week since I had it sitting in my library for the past year and by the time I was halfway through it I was just playing it to finish it. There was no depth to killing enemies beyond putting enough bullets into them, which quickly got boring imo, not to mention the godawful vehicle sequences. For a game released in 2004 it was probably spectacular back then, but there are so many better games now. I tried Half-life 1 last year too, and got about halfway through before I realized I wasn't having fun playing it. The graphics on 1 are hopelessly outdated too. Decided to watch a speedrun of it instead.

Ik a lot of people say it's one of the best games ever made, but in 2016 I think there are much better games to waste your time with than the half-life series.


I disagree.

I played Episode 1&2 for the first time last year and really enjoyed them.
Especially the parking lot level from Episode 1. Ravenholm is nothing compared to that.

The atmosphere, engine, and physics of HL2 is what makes it one of the best games of all time, today still.
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
June 27 2016 09:16 GMT
#13291
For me the level design in HL2 is still superior to almost any other FPS to date, it really is something special.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
June 27 2016 09:26 GMT
#13292
Been reading reviews of Hard West and I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get XCOM2 instead
Revolutionist fan
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
June 27 2016 09:30 GMT
#13293
On June 27 2016 13:18 Epishade wrote:
Idk. It might just be me but I think the Half-life series is past its prime. I played through Half-life 2 last week since I had it sitting in my library for the past year and by the time I was halfway through it I was just playing it to finish it. There was no depth to killing enemies beyond putting enough bullets into them, which quickly got boring imo, not to mention the godawful vehicle sequences. For a game released in 2004 it was probably spectacular back then, but there are so many better games now. I tried Half-life 1 last year too, and got about halfway through before I realized I wasn't having fun playing it. The graphics on 1 are hopelessly outdated too. Decided to watch a speedrun of it instead.

Ik a lot of people say it's one of the best games ever made, but in 2016 I think there are much better games to waste your time with than the half-life series.

I feel you, half through this game, I got really bored of it but I really needed to finish just for the sake of the story. I did and still wasn't really enjoying it.
Someone said to me that this game simply wasn't made for me and I believe him. There are some games even though a LOT of ppl enjoy it, it's entirely possible you're on the opposite side.
Not saying it's a bad game (far from it actually), but if you're not having fun anymore then it's pointless to continue really (especially if went through almost half of the story just to make sure you're not missing anything, because there are games that take a while before you get a blast).
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
June 27 2016 09:40 GMT
#13294
Has anyone tried the homeworld remasterd edition and if so is it worth 15$?
WriterXiao8~~
Jaxx
Profile Joined July 2004
Slovakia758 Posts
June 27 2016 09:59 GMT
#13295
I'm not sure, if this was already posted, but I just found great new (for me) feature of this steam sale. Now they only count the price of games that you don't already have and still give you the same discount from that. I can finally buy some expansions/dlcs for good price, yay!
kongoline
Profile Joined February 2012
6318 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-27 11:04:17
June 27 2016 10:46 GMT
#13296
On June 27 2016 13:18 Epishade wrote:
Idk. It might just be me but I think the Half-life series is past its prime. I played through Half-life 2 last week since I had it sitting in my library for the past year and by the time I was halfway through it I was just playing it to finish it. There was no depth to killing enemies beyond putting enough bullets into them, which quickly got boring imo, not to mention the godawful vehicle sequences. For a game released in 2004 it was probably spectacular back then, but there are so many better games now. I tried Half-life 1 last year too, and got about halfway through before I realized I wasn't having fun playing it. The graphics on 1 are hopelessly outdated too. Decided to watch a speedrun of it instead.

Ik a lot of people say it's one of the best games ever made, but in 2016 I think there are much better games to waste your time with than the half-life series.

u really should try ep1/2 they feel much more modern and are great games
Tal
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United Kingdom1018 Posts
June 27 2016 11:19 GMT
#13297
On June 27 2016 18:40 Kipsate wrote:
Has anyone tried the homeworld remasterd edition and if so is it worth 15$?


Yes, it's fantastic - well worth the price. I didn't play the originals, but still thought it was beautiful, atmospheric and fun. Only thing to bear in mind is that its a much slower, less balanced kind of game than Starcraft - though I suppose everything is. Multiplayer didn't seem super fun to me either.
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
Razhil
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium208 Posts
June 27 2016 13:54 GMT
#13298
On June 27 2016 18:59 Jaxx wrote:
I'm not sure, if this was already posted, but I just found great new (for me) feature of this steam sale. Now they only count the price of games that you don't already have and still give you the same discount from that. I can finally buy some expansions/dlcs for good price, yay!


Thanks to that I could, by already owning Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, get all DLC for Endless Legend for around 10€
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
June 27 2016 21:34 GMT
#13299
If you already have and enjoyed The Talos Principle the Road to Gehenna is a worthy expansion. I enjoyed the puzzles in this one even more than the base game and the story was pretty unique.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-27 21:41:04
June 27 2016 21:40 GMT
#13300
I'm really thinking about getting Gauntlet for $4.99. How does it compare to the console versions of Gauntlet Dark Legacy or Gauntlet Legends?

I checked out Dark Legacy emulated on Dolphin and it was actually really good. Forcing widescreen increases the FOV which is a much needed change, you can overclock the emulated CPU to fix all the slowdowns and fps drops, and of course there's the graphical enhancements.

I wonder which would be more fun now though, Dark Legacy on Dolphin, or Gauntlet (2014) on Steam...
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Prev 1 663 664 665 666 667 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 152
SpeCial 91
CosmosSc2 52
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1029
Artosis 671
Rain 589
910 58
Bale 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift2950
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox85
Other Games
summit1g9825
shahzam640
C9.Mang0313
JimRising 277
PiGStarcraft262
Maynarde118
Liquid`Ken10
Vindicta7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
Other Games
BasetradeTV7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP44
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21380
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
11h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.