• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:15
CEST 20:15
KST 03:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War555.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9218 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 51

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 586 Next
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
October 09 2011 16:24 GMT
#1001
Lol, skyrim thread all about how oblivion/morrowind/bethesda/all elder scrolls games suck. Not that surprised.

Still can't wait for skyrim. Put hundreds of hours into Oblivion, I expect to do the same with this. November 11th can't come soon enough.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
October 09 2011 16:52 GMT
#1002
On October 09 2011 06:17 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 16:51 LaNague wrote:
They tried to adress it in Oblivion by simply making it more like a Bioware game and people hated it.


wat

Vanilla Oblivion didn't suck because it was too much like BG1&2 or kotor.




i meant they basically removed the exploring part where you run around and might get in way over your head. It was more guided like the bioware games are, just that they dont guide you by locations, but by making the whole world evolve around the player.

Since i buy those game because i can explore a strange new world, that sucked for me.
Bioware games ofcourse are disigned with that in mind and are there to tell you an epic story, so it works for them.
Alerosin
Profile Joined June 2011
England23 Posts
October 09 2011 19:39 GMT
#1003
I am going to spend so much time trying to kill dragons with an unarmed combat character o.O I loved Oblivion
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 09 2011 19:42 GMT
#1004
On October 10 2011 01:24 ThaZenith wrote:
Lol, skyrim thread all about how oblivion/morrowind/bethesda/all elder scrolls games suck. Not that surprised.

Still can't wait for skyrim. Put hundreds of hours into Oblivion, I expect to do the same with this. November 11th can't come soon enough.


Personally I liked oblivion a lot more then morrowing (blasphemy kill me nowwwwwww!).. Didn't really like morrowind due to all the "attack missed" .

But my brother is getting this game day it comes out and it looks like it'll be pretty fun
When I think of something else, something will go here
Copymizer
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark2108 Posts
October 09 2011 20:07 GMT
#1005
I just started played Oblivion again after many years of absence, and damn i forgot how good it really was, the atmosphere characters and land, so awesome! Get's me really really even more hyped for Skyrim! Damn it's gonna be good
~~Yo man ! MBCGame HERO Fighting !! Holy check !
PolSC2
Profile Joined December 2010
United States634 Posts
October 10 2011 12:51 GMT
#1006
$149.99 for the Collector's Edition. My god. It doesn't even come with much.
We learn nothing from history except that we learn nothing from history.
Ighox
Profile Joined July 2009
Norway580 Posts
October 10 2011 13:21 GMT
#1007
On October 10 2011 21:51 PolSC2 wrote:
$149.99 for the Collector's Edition. My god. It doesn't even come with much.

SWTOR collectors edition costs like $250, it's really crazy what companies gets away with these days.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
October 10 2011 13:23 GMT
#1008
On October 10 2011 21:51 PolSC2 wrote:
$149.99 for the Collector's Edition. My god. It doesn't even come with much.


It comes with something awesome if you actually want to have the collectors edition though. Most collectors editions just come with a bunch of stuff that is complete shit. I imagine somebody who wants to pay that much for Skyrim can appreciate what they get in it forever.

I couldn't give a fuck less about the collectors, but if I did I would rather have an actual collectable item like this.
#1 Kwanro Fan
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
October 10 2011 13:24 GMT
#1009
On October 10 2011 22:21 Ighox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 21:51 PolSC2 wrote:
$149.99 for the Collector's Edition. My god. It doesn't even come with much.

SWTOR collectors edition costs like $250, it's really crazy what companies gets away with these days.


nah it's not the companies fault. The buyers are at fault for buying stuff at these prices
Inschato
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada1349 Posts
October 10 2011 13:48 GMT
#1010
On the bright side, if that price turns out to be too much, you'll probably be able to pick it up later on sale/clearance.
3.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
October 11 2011 23:22 GMT
#1011
For someone who has more knowledge of the game, I have a question:

Let's say I want to play two different types of characters. I want to make a thief/assassin/ranger, and I also want to make a righteous battlemage. Would it be best to just create two characters (which I don't want to do)? Or would I be able to roleplay the two roles using only one character, switching roles as I please? My worry is that the game would be "too hard" if I spread my skills too far. Even if it wouldn't be too hard, I'm worried that I won't be able to specialize and reach deeper into the skill tree. I don't care about any faction affinity or that kind of stuff.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 01:06:17
October 12 2011 01:05 GMT
#1012
On October 12 2011 08:22 Karliath wrote:
For someone who has more knowledge of the game, I have a question:

Let's say I want to play two different types of characters. I want to make a thief/assassin/ranger, and I also want to make a righteous battlemage. Would it be best to just create two characters (which I don't want to do)? Or would I be able to roleplay the two roles using only one character, switching roles as I please? My worry is that the game would be "too hard" if I spread my skills too far. Even if it wouldn't be too hard, I'm worried that I won't be able to specialize and reach deeper into the skill tree. I don't care about any faction affinity or that kind of stuff.


Nahhhhhhhhh, don't worry about it.

Vanilla Bethesda games are always easy. The best part about Elder Scrolls is that you can be whatever you want, whenever as you want it.

I expect the only challenging part is fighting the dragons. You can always adjust the difficulty settings to make due.
FuRRyChoBo
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States218 Posts
October 12 2011 01:34 GMT
#1013
Yeah, it's generally more about the gameplay and experiencing the storyline than it is about having a ridiculously hard task to complete at any given point. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
October 12 2011 03:40 GMT
#1014
Well difficulty is one thing, but I'm also worried about not being able to specialize in every skill, you know what I mean?
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 03:49:09
October 12 2011 03:47 GMT
#1015
Unlike previous games, you won't be able to be the BEST at everything in Skyrim. You can max every skill, but it's impossible to get every feat.

280 confirmed feats, one per level, mathematical level cap somewhere in the 70s
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 12 2011 03:49 GMT
#1016
they release it 1 week after my finals, yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I hate all this singing
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
October 12 2011 04:23 GMT
#1017
On October 12 2011 12:49 brachester wrote:
they release it 1 week after my finals, yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


So jelly. It's being released like 3-4 weeks before mine !!
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
October 12 2011 05:59 GMT
#1018
On October 12 2011 10:05 dukethegold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 08:22 Karliath wrote:
For someone who has more knowledge of the game, I have a question:

Let's say I want to play two different types of characters. I want to make a thief/assassin/ranger, and I also want to make a righteous battlemage. Would it be best to just create two characters (which I don't want to do)? Or would I be able to roleplay the two roles using only one character, switching roles as I please? My worry is that the game would be "too hard" if I spread my skills too far. Even if it wouldn't be too hard, I'm worried that I won't be able to specialize and reach deeper into the skill tree. I don't care about any faction affinity or that kind of stuff.


Nahhhhhhhhh, don't worry about it.

Vanilla Bethesda games are always easy.


If you know what you're doing, they're easy, but you can definitely get yourself into trouble by doing what Karliath wants. Play vanilla Oblivion up to level 15 or so by spreading your skills around, especially into non-combat skills. Also, don't min/max the stat gains on levels and get stuck picking up +1s and +2s every level. It won't be that easy anymore.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
October 12 2011 06:21 GMT
#1019
Can't wait. I've always waited for a fantasy based game that allowed you to freely roam and explore a massive world on your own.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
CaptainSlow
Profile Joined October 2010
Malaysia164 Posts
October 12 2011 06:30 GMT
#1020
cant wait. i really liked oblivion. especially the guild quests.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 236
BRAT_OK 103
JuggernautJason30
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 960
Shuttle 683
Horang2 213
firebathero 96
Zeus 77
Hyun 49
soO 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 12
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva1901
420jenkins474
Counter-Strike
fl0m4914
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
Grubby3266
FrodaN834
KnowMe224
Livibee157
QueenE67
Pyrionflax56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 68
• 3DClanTV 59
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach93
• FirePhoenix23
• 80smullet 12
• Michael_bg 9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1864
Other Games
• Shiphtur721
• imaqtpie520
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 45m
Patches Events
20h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.