• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:02
CEST 17:02
KST 00:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7973 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 49

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 586 Next
tests
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States160 Posts
September 16 2011 09:42 GMT
#961
On September 16 2011 17:19 BlueBird. wrote:
It still shocks me that I played vanilla oblivion so much when I see others playing it, it's such a .. dry experience compared to what OOO and Francescos did for me.

Are those mods of Oblivion? Also, I hear Oblivion w/o mods is dry and boring. Shall I try playing it w/o mods first...than with? Or just with mods.
Time is money my friend.
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 10:01:32
September 16 2011 09:58 GMT
#962
On September 16 2011 18:42 tests wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2011 17:19 BlueBird. wrote:
It still shocks me that I played vanilla oblivion so much when I see others playing it, it's such a .. dry experience compared to what OOO and Francescos did for me.

Are those mods of Oblivion? Also, I hear Oblivion w/o mods is dry and boring. Shall I try playing it w/o mods first...than with? Or just with mods.


You can try without if you want, or you can try with. Personally I loved loved loved, the modded game. Setting up the game with the mother load of mods, without conflicts, can be... complex. It's a little confusing, I had to follow a step by step guide, but it was really worth it, I played back before this FCOM, looks like things might??? be easier now to have the full modded game. Pretty much most people agree that OOO, and Francescos, are awesome, and this seems to add MMM which i never got to work with Francescos, but always looked really cool.

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/convergence.html


In reality it adds so much more to the game play experience it's an entirely different game were talking about.

If you get into it, it can make days go by really really fast, I never got into WoW, but I imagine it's like single player version of that, huge time sink.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
mansa
Profile Joined May 2011
Philippines336 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 10:48:19
September 16 2011 10:31 GMT
#963
Oblivion and Morrowind are good games (even without mod). I didn't really play them because of the story. I played it because it allowed me to explore the world and do whatever the heck I want to do. I remembered murdering a whole town of people in Morrowind(Unfortunately on Oblivion if you try to kill an important NPC they just faint =_="")

Honestly, I think TES V will be awesome now with dragons on it! To me Dragons makes anything awesome! xD But somewhat I'm still expecting another predictable story line like Oblivion.(I liked Morrowind story it intrigued me..)

One thing I liked in Oblivion was fast travel. I guess after playing Morrowind for 4 years you get tired of walking around and paying gold to silt riders.
Jarlax
Profile Joined November 2010
76 Posts
September 16 2011 11:49 GMT
#964
I was watching official trailer very impressed by graphics and then they show this river ... and i was like "WTF is river of yoghurt doing in skyrim" XD anyway game looks good
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
September 27 2011 20:45 GMT
#965
Would it be dumb of me to buy the PC version and then play it with a 360 type game pad? I was thinking about this and I want to get it for PC because of the modding but i don't know how keen i am on using my mouse/keyboard for playing it. Prob sounds silly but until recently my PCs have never been able to run games well and so I've grown accustom to playing them on my 360.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
September 27 2011 20:51 GMT
#966
On September 28 2011 05:45 Xinder wrote:
Would it be dumb of me to buy the PC version and then play it with a 360 type game pad? I was thinking about this and I want to get it for PC because of the modding but i don't know how keen i am on using my mouse/keyboard for playing it. Prob sounds silly but until recently my PCs have never been able to run games well and so I've grown accustom to playing them on my 360.


Well getting it for pc will allow you to use mods so i would say its a better option then buying it for 360. Given that its availlable for console it will probably have some good support for playing with a controller as well, so i wouldn't worry.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
September 27 2011 21:00 GMT
#967
On September 28 2011 05:51 Alakabon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 05:45 Xinder wrote:
Would it be dumb of me to buy the PC version and then play it with a 360 type game pad? I was thinking about this and I want to get it for PC because of the modding but i don't know how keen i am on using my mouse/keyboard for playing it. Prob sounds silly but until recently my PCs have never been able to run games well and so I've grown accustom to playing them on my 360.


Well getting it for pc will allow you to use mods so i would say its a better option then buying it for 360. Given that its availlable for console it will probably have some good support for playing with a controller as well, so i wouldn't worry.


That's kinda what I figured. I just wanted to see what others opinions on the matter would be. Since I've never been a big PC gamer and what not.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Geovu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Estonia1344 Posts
October 03 2011 17:00 GMT
#968
On August 29 2011 09:58 BlackMagister wrote:
One of the weird reasons I think I enjoyed the Elder Scrolls games Morrowind and Oblivion is it fulfills this weird obsessive pack rat need to find all the valuable shit in the world and then store it in your house. Don't even use alchemy? Still store every possible alchemy ingredient you've ever found. Can't use unique armor? Use it as a trophy to display.

It's one of the cool things that these games keep items that are left on the ground, at least in houses, so you can have shelves stocked with all the neat trophy gear you've found. In Oblivion they knew you were going to do this with the best houses having trophy glass cases which I spent a lot of time making an item set both fit inside it and look nice.

Lol I did this. Except I was also cheap so I had millions of gold coins and only used the Imperial City shack, and the game would lag like hell every time I entered because there were dozens of items lying around and hundreds (thousands?) more in every single chest.

As long as you can hoard like that in Skyrim and the leveling system/monster variety feels more natural than in Oblivion I will love this game into oblivion (lolpun)
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
October 03 2011 17:11 GMT
#969
On September 14 2011 00:02 Divine-Sneaker wrote:
I find it fairly annoying how they're using console footage for the game. The graphics are obviously not going to be as awesome on outdated hardware.

They've already admitted that they're developing mainly for the consoles. PC will have better textures and larger draw distances, but don't expect a DX11 graphical droolfest like BF3. If anything, except a game that's even more bugridden than Bethesda's other RPGs.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
October 07 2011 20:58 GMT
#970
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
October 07 2011 21:04 GMT
#971
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?

Like explaining why SC2 is great to someone who didn't like SC.

It's oblivion but newer and better.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
October 07 2011 21:13 GMT
#972
On October 08 2011 06:04 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?

Like explaining why SC2 is great to someone who didn't like SC.

It's oblivion but newer and better.


You can start by trying ot explain what made Oblivion great then?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
October 07 2011 21:56 GMT
#973
On October 08 2011 06:13 Bleak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 06:04 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?

Like explaining why SC2 is great to someone who didn't like SC.

It's oblivion but newer and better.


You can start by trying ot explain what made Oblivion great then?


It wasn't, unless you modded the shit out of it.
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
October 07 2011 22:04 GMT
#974
Never played Oblivion, never played a game made by Bethesda.

Buying this. The trailer looks as though it's a great game, and the estimated amount of content-100 hours-is enough to sell me.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 07 2011 22:05 GMT
#975
On October 08 2011 06:56 DannyJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 06:13 Bleak wrote:
On October 08 2011 06:04 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?

Like explaining why SC2 is great to someone who didn't like SC.

It's oblivion but newer and better.


You can start by trying ot explain what made Oblivion great then?


It wasn't, unless you modded the shit out of it.

it was great, what the hell are you talking about? Ofc mods made it fun when you completed all the shits in that worlld which literally impossible to find all of them to begin with without a guide. It's literaly a whole new world that you gets to interact with everything, that what made it great.
I hate all this singing
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 22:11:18
October 07 2011 22:10 GMT
#976
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?


ok so here is the summary for the complete The Elder Scrolls series ( and not Oblivion that is just one game of the series) :

- do what ever you want
- play in a really open world not this bioware bullshit


brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 07 2011 22:23 GMT
#977
On October 08 2011 07:10 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?


ok so here is the summary for the complete The Elder Scrolls series ( and not Oblivion that is just one game of the series) :

- do what ever you want
- play in a really open world not this bioware bullshit



and + there will be even more freedom in skyrim, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh, can't wait for this to come out. They literally release 1 week after my university entrance exams aka HSC in australia, i'm gonna spent my entire summer holidays to grind it
I hate all this singing
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
October 07 2011 22:29 GMT
#978
On October 08 2011 06:04 SnK-Arcbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?

Like explaining why SC2 is great to someone who didn't like SC.

It's oblivion but newer and better.


It's funny you use this (incorrect) analogy.

A more accurate one would be drawing from Morrowind because Oblivion was the "new and shiny," and the community is just as split as they are here.

What people are excited about is this looks like they took the lessons they learned from making Oblivion and all the greatness from Morrowind and made a new game.

The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
October 07 2011 22:54 GMT
#979
I want to be excited for TES V, I really do, but it's hard sometimes. Mainly...

DRAGONZ HURRRRR

Why do we need a ANOTHER story about dragons? Dragon Age wasn't enough for you? What makes exploring the worlds of Morrowind and Oblivion so immersive is that everything seems so strange and new. Remember that feeling of wandering around the first town in Morrowind with the strange mushroom trees and the weird stork-like transportation? OK remember that. Now, picture the wonder and curiosity you feel upon seeing a picture of a viking guy sticking a sword into a dragon. Now you know the meaning of sarcasm, and also the meaning of selling out.

TES is one of the few fantasy worlds to deviate significantly from the Tolkein mold and still find success. Adding dragons to it is simply selling out.

I'd like for someone to justify adding dragons to the game world. Other than by saying, you know. Dragons Are Cool.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
October 07 2011 23:08 GMT
#980
On October 08 2011 07:10 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2011 05:58 Bleak wrote:
Can someone summarize me the hype for this game? I've never really liked the Oblivion games so I'm quite clueless about it. What is it that people get excited for?


ok so here is the summary for the complete The Elder Scrolls series ( and not Oblivion that is just one game of the series) :

- do what ever you want
- play in a really open world not this bioware bullshit




The problem with Bethesda's "do whatever you want" is that no matter what you do, nothing ever really changes.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 419
TKL 247
CranKy Ducklings212
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1093
TKL 247
ProTech132
Rex 120
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53501
Free 1829
Horang2 329
firebathero 260
Zeus 196
Trap 134
Last 120
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Rock 21
Bishop 21
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 17
Noble 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6955
Dendi1109
XaKoH 443
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
fl0m3438
byalli775
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko455
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt475
Mlord365
KnowMe177
Hui .150
mouzStarbuck133
Liquid`VortiX115
DeMusliM113
QueenE73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• StrangeGG 26
• Dystopia_ 5
• poizon28 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony10
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2293
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 58m
Patches Events
23h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.