• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:03
CEST 17:03
KST 00:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7987 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 48

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 586 Next
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 13 2011 18:43 GMT
#941
On September 14 2011 03:34 kuresuti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 00:02 Divine-Sneaker wrote:
I find it fairly annoying how they're using console footage for the game. The graphics are obviously not going to be as awesome on outdated hardware.


It wouldn't make sense to shoot footage with the lower settings.

EDIT: PC Exclusive games are also shot with maximum graphics settings. They're trying to sell the game.


I think his point was that they are not showing the maximum graphics settings and that it would look better on a high-end PC.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 13 2011 18:57 GMT
#942
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:


(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.


How about some decent writing?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Juvant
Profile Joined April 2011
United States723 Posts
September 13 2011 19:37 GMT
#943
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.
hiREvel
Profile Joined June 2011
United States80 Posts
September 13 2011 19:38 GMT
#944
On September 14 2011 03:57 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU

(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.


How about some decent writing?


Assuming your not taking personal shots at me, I believe they could for sure use some more voice actors this time around. But based on the fact that the game isn't the "future" and there's still some innocence in what people do and believe in the world, it shouldn't be crapped on with unbelievable story lines and bad quest's. How about that??!?!?! The game's story/acting should remain simple and classic, yet effective.
muse5187
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
1125 Posts
September 13 2011 20:00 GMT
#945
On September 14 2011 04:37 Juvant wrote:
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.

If your PC can run it I would 100% go with the PC version.
Tezzick
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada187 Posts
September 13 2011 20:35 GMT
#946
On September 14 2011 04:37 Juvant wrote:
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.

I'm getting for both because I want achievements and mods.
"I'm a monster" - Buster
Bartuc
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands629 Posts
September 13 2011 20:54 GMT
#947
On September 14 2011 04:37 Juvant wrote:
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.


If you can get it to work decently on pc, get the pc version there is no question about it. The modding scene for TES games (notably Morrowind and Oblivion) is quite big and really adds a lot to the replayability of the games. For instance, have a look over at www.tesnexus.com/downloads and see what kind of mods are available (some of them are.. nsfw, well what do you expect it's the internet )
It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one's head and succumb.
Impervious
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-13 21:03:12
September 13 2011 21:02 GMT
#948
I am fucking excited for this game! I'll definitely be getting it for my PS3 though (I tried playing Oblivion on both my computer and my PS3, and I loved the console version better, even though it had a bunch of bugs I have to be careful of). Hopefully they make sure the console version is completely finished and bug free before they ship though.
~ \(ˌ)im-ˈpər-vē-əs\ : not capable of being damaged or harmed.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 13 2011 21:24 GMT
#949
On September 14 2011 04:38 hiREvel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 03:57 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU

(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.


How about some decent writing?


Assuming your not taking personal shots at me, I believe they could for sure use some more voice actors this time around. But based on the fact that the game isn't the "future" and there's still some innocence in what people do and believe in the world, it shouldn't be crapped on with unbelievable story lines and bad quest's. How about that??!?!?! The game's story/acting should remain simple and classic, yet effective.


The fact of the matter is that even though Bethesda has managed to create an intriguing world, their games' plots, with a few exceptions like the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, have tended to suck and suck hard.

Like the main quest of the last two TES games... "The emperor likes you, so you have to save the world from an evil god."

Or the great house quests in Morrowind. Athyn Sarethi, Master Aryon and Crassius Curio may as well be the same damn character. The same goes for Bolvyn Venim, Orvas Dren and Gothren.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Rakanishu2
Profile Joined May 2009
United States475 Posts
September 13 2011 22:42 GMT
#950
On September 14 2011 06:24 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 04:38 hiREvel wrote:
On September 14 2011 03:57 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU

(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.


How about some decent writing?


Assuming your not taking personal shots at me, I believe they could for sure use some more voice actors this time around. But based on the fact that the game isn't the "future" and there's still some innocence in what people do and believe in the world, it shouldn't be crapped on with unbelievable story lines and bad quest's. How about that??!?!?! The game's story/acting should remain simple and classic, yet effective.


The fact of the matter is that even though Bethesda has managed to create an intriguing world, their games' plots, with a few exceptions like the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, have tended to suck and suck hard.

Like the main quest of the last two TES games... "The emperor likes you, so you have to save the world from an evil god."

Or the great house quests in Morrowind. Athyn Sarethi, Master Aryon and Crassius Curio may as well be the same damn character. The same goes for Bolvyn Venim, Orvas Dren and Gothren.


I think some of the point of the blank canvas story-line is for you to paint all over it.
10 G's in the packet and I'm ready to roll, on fire like a rocket and I'm ready to blow
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
September 13 2011 23:43 GMT
#951
On September 14 2011 07:42 Rakanishu2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 06:24 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 14 2011 04:38 hiREvel wrote:
On September 14 2011 03:57 Mindcrime wrote:
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU

(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.


How about some decent writing?


Assuming your not taking personal shots at me, I believe they could for sure use some more voice actors this time around. But based on the fact that the game isn't the "future" and there's still some innocence in what people do and believe in the world, it shouldn't be crapped on with unbelievable story lines and bad quest's. How about that??!?!?! The game's story/acting should remain simple and classic, yet effective.


The fact of the matter is that even though Bethesda has managed to create an intriguing world, their games' plots, with a few exceptions like the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion, have tended to suck and suck hard.

Like the main quest of the last two TES games... "The emperor likes you, so you have to save the world from an evil god."

Or the great house quests in Morrowind. Athyn Sarethi, Master Aryon and Crassius Curio may as well be the same damn character. The same goes for Bolvyn Venim, Orvas Dren and Gothren.


I think some of the point of the blank canvas story-line is for you to paint all over it.


Blank is the wrong word. My problem with Bethesda's games isn't the lack of a storyline, but the presence of bad ones.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
September 13 2011 23:58 GMT
#952
On September 14 2011 03:43 hiREvel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 01:53 TaKemE wrote:
New Awesome Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSL-r9AIEEU

(From X360)


Wow, lasting spells, sprinting, sneak killing from behind. What more could you want? lol.

The combat system is still extremely shallow, and the AI seems stupid. Obviously it's the demo so invuln was probably turned on, but a 2 button combat system with few other variables is extremely weak. Games like Mount & Blade did a much better job with combat than Bethesda has.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
September 16 2011 07:52 GMT
#953
On September 14 2011 04:37 Juvant wrote:
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.

If your PC can run it, get the PC version. The difference between unmodded Oblivion and FCOM is such that vanilla Oblivion becomes completely unplayable once you have experienced mods.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
September 16 2011 07:56 GMT
#954
On September 16 2011 16:52 iamke55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 04:37 Juvant wrote:
Probably an incredibly dumb question, but would it be a bad idea to get this on xbox360?

I mean, I assume it's impossible to mod with the Xbox, and I've never played the other Elder Scrolls, so I'm not sure I really understand their importance.

If your PC can run it, get the PC version. The difference between unmodded Oblivion and FCOM is such that vanilla Oblivion becomes completely unplayable once you have experienced mods.


After a quick google of that mod, holy shit, you're right, why didn't I find this earlier..
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
September 16 2011 08:19 GMT
#955
It still shocks me that I played vanilla oblivion so much when I see others playing it, it's such a .. dry experience compared to what OOO and Francescos did for me.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
tests
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States160 Posts
September 16 2011 08:41 GMT
#956
Hey guys, just curiuos, is it worth playing the old Elder Scroll games (I.E Oblivion and Morrowind) in preparation for this game? I actually never played them lol.
Time is money my friend.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
September 16 2011 08:58 GMT
#957
On September 16 2011 17:41 tests wrote:
Hey guys, just curiuos, is it worth playing the old Elder Scroll games (I.E Oblivion and Morrowind) in preparation for this game? I actually never played them lol.

It's worth playing them not matter what if you like the genra .
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
September 16 2011 08:58 GMT
#958
On September 16 2011 17:41 tests wrote:
Hey guys, just curiuos, is it worth playing the old Elder Scroll games (I.E Oblivion and Morrowind) in preparation for this game? I actually never played them lol.


Ofcourse, both games are awesome.
But story will not really be connected between this games, you will probably only hear rumors about stuff you did in Oblivion and Morrowind ages ago.

Morrowind is hard to get into, but if you do.. you will be playing it till 11.11.11
Oblivion is easier to get into and prettier.......... and simplified.
Sprungjeezy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1313 Posts
September 16 2011 09:06 GMT
#959
I don't get all of the Oblivion hate, I played Morrowind and thoroughly enjoyed it, perhaps I never got in depth with it though (probably because I was sacking cities wherever I went), but when I torrented Oblivion it was fun and I really enjoyed The Shivering Isles. I really am looking forward to Skyrim though I'm not sure if it will top the enjoyment from playing through The Shivering Isles.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 09:17:47
September 16 2011 09:14 GMT
#960
To sum up what has been said a thousand times: Oblivion is a simplified and dumbed down game with relatively little depth when held against its predecessors, and even many of its contemporaries. There aren't really that many customization options, the story is notably more generic and predictable (Morrowind actually had a really good story, just too many fetch quests), and had paper NPCs who weren't really believable or compelling. The combat was also pretty one dimensional and boring, which is totally fine IF there's a lot of room for customization and different ways of playing the game.

It was still a good game in many ways. The visuals and playing through the sidequests was very enjoyable for a lot of people, myself included. Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate would be like a nice imported German beer or something from an upscale local microbrewery, and Oblivion was more like a Keystone light. Not entirely unpalatable, and it does what its supposed to, but is notably of lower quality. A game like Morrowind is like a 7$ 6 pack domestic beer, somewhere between in quality and depth.


To be honest though, the visuals/art/feel alone made Oblivion totally worth it for me. I liked the return to a more traditional fantasy atmosphere with some good looking forests and towns.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 419
TKL 247
CranKy Ducklings212
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1093
TKL 247
ProTech132
Rex 120
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53501
Free 1829
Horang2 329
firebathero 260
Zeus 196
Trap 134
Last 120
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 29
[ Show more ]
Rock 21
Bishop 21
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 17
Noble 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6955
Dendi1109
XaKoH 443
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
fl0m3438
byalli775
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko455
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt475
Mlord365
KnowMe177
Hui .150
mouzStarbuck133
Liquid`VortiX115
DeMusliM113
QueenE73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP31
• StrangeGG 26
• Dystopia_ 5
• poizon28 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony10
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2293
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 58m
Patches Events
23h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.