• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:47
CEST 17:47
KST 00:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7768 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 586 Next
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
December 20 2010 15:27 GMT
#201
On December 18 2010 05:25 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.

Usually it is the other way around.


exactly. oblivion isnt even an rpg compared to some legendary titles.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Luhh
Profile Joined October 2003
Sweden2974 Posts
December 20 2010 21:09 GMT
#202
On December 21 2010 00:27 WiljushkA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2010 05:25 Boblion wrote:
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.

Usually it is the other way around.


exactly. oblivion isnt even an rpg compared to some legendary titles.


Agreed.

Go to "the codex" and learn proper form and stance regarding Ahr-Pee-Gees iamke55. It's serious business.

While you'll level up and gain lots of wisdom, you'll be left feeling disillusioned and bitter like the elite.

The last time I raised an eyebrow in this genre was for Divine Divinity (which was rather meh, but had some nice things in it and great music - still tons better than Obliphan), and Risen - which somewhat resembled a proper "Gothic game". That's it for the Action genre since Gothic 1 and 2.

Dragon age was just.. somewhat retarded. Dragon age 2 looks to go full retard. The devs of Deus Ex seem to have hated the original game etc.

Oh, and don't get me started on what Bethuzzah did to the Fallout franchise.
I wouldn´t call him stupid, but let´s just say he´s unlucky when thinking...
Ordained
Profile Joined June 2010
United States779 Posts
December 20 2010 21:32 GMT
#203
On December 12 2010 12:36 Squeegy wrote:
I don't know why I think this is quite exciting news. Oblivion was so bad and Fallout 3 wasn't much of an improvement. I guess there is always hope.

If you did not like Oblivion or Fall out 3 do not buy this game, it will not be different.

Skyrim will be slow paced high fantasy just like Oblivion. Save $60 if that is not your cup of tea.

I for one will be buying this first day, I loved oblivion and still play it occasionally.
"You are not trying to win, you are trying to be awesome" -Day[9]
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-20 21:38:54
December 20 2010 21:38 GMT
#204
Just rebooted Oblivion and Morrowind...my experience was interesting. While I remember Morrowind as being excellent in my mind, I can still remember half of the spoken dialogue lines, I just couldn't stand the graphics. I spent 2 hours on Morrowind and then proceeded to plough 32 hours into a new character build in Oblivion. I think, for me, it's clear where my allegiances lie...even though I understand the depth was best in Morrowind, I just love being absorbed in the beautiful world of Oblivion. Exploring the fields and the mountains is much more fun in Oblivion for me, because of the graphics...Gota say I completely dig both games though, in terms of freedom and atmosphere. So completely pumped for Skyrim, I just think these games are head and shoulders above the rest.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
December 20 2010 21:54 GMT
#205
On December 21 2010 06:38 sc4k wrote:
Just rebooted Oblivion and Morrowind...my experience was interesting. While I remember Morrowind as being excellent in my mind, I can still remember half of the spoken dialogue lines, I just couldn't stand the graphics. I spent 2 hours on Morrowind and then proceeded to plough 32 hours into a new character build in Oblivion. I think, for me, it's clear where my allegiances lie...even though I understand the depth was best in Morrowind, I just love being absorbed in the beautiful world of Oblivion. Exploring the fields and the mountains is much more fun in Oblivion for me, because of the graphics...Gota say I completely dig both games though, in terms of freedom and atmosphere. So completely pumped for Skyrim, I just think these games are head and shoulders above the rest.


Download MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender) because it makes morrowind look almost as good as oblivion.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Casta
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark234 Posts
December 20 2010 22:16 GMT
#206
On December 21 2010 06:54 Fargoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2010 06:38 sc4k wrote:
Just rebooted Oblivion and Morrowind...my experience was interesting. While I remember Morrowind as being excellent in my mind, I can still remember half of the spoken dialogue lines, I just couldn't stand the graphics. I spent 2 hours on Morrowind and then proceeded to plough 32 hours into a new character build in Oblivion. I think, for me, it's clear where my allegiances lie...even though I understand the depth was best in Morrowind, I just love being absorbed in the beautiful world of Oblivion. Exploring the fields and the mountains is much more fun in Oblivion for me, because of the graphics...Gota say I completely dig both games though, in terms of freedom and atmosphere. So completely pumped for Skyrim, I just think these games are head and shoulders above the rest.


Download MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender) because it makes morrowind look almost as good as oblivion.


Lol you actually named yourself after that pathetic wood elf from seyda neen

Anyway for me oblivion was a lot more restricted than morrowind, but morrowind had its downsides too, combat and especially spellcasting feels very akward when you have played oblivion.

I hope that bethesda has learned from all the feedback they got from oblivion and FO3 and is making skyrim a game where there is no level scaling, no hyper sensitive guards and better spells and enchanting just to name a few of the issues I had.

Take the best from oblivion and morrowind and you could potentially have the recipe for an epic game.

Looking forward to this!
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
December 21 2010 00:24 GMT
#207
I gotta say though, I thought the combat really is so horribly awkward in Morrowind. I mean, really, I think it's barely acceptable in Oblivion. Whilst I am all for deeper sides to games, it kind of 'hurts' to go back to Morrowind. I got used to it a long time ago, I mean I remember one afternoon just waltzing around the coast picking up clams and looking for pearls to sell lol...I will however put that graphics extender, thanks to that guy for recommending it...
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 00:53:09
December 21 2010 00:52 GMT
#208
On December 21 2010 06:09 Luhh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2010 00:27 WiljushkA wrote:
On December 18 2010 05:25 Boblion wrote:
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.

Usually it is the other way around.


exactly. oblivion isnt even an rpg compared to some legendary titles.


Agreed.

Go to "the codex" and learn proper form and stance regarding Ahr-Pee-Gees iamke55. It's serious business.

While you'll level up and gain lots of wisdom, you'll be left feeling disillusioned and bitter like the elite.

The last time I raised an eyebrow in this genre was for Divine Divinity (which was rather meh, but had some nice things in it and great music - still tons better than Obliphan), and Risen - which somewhat resembled a proper "Gothic game". That's it for the Action genre since Gothic 1 and 2.

Dragon age was just.. somewhat retarded. Dragon age 2 looks to go full retard. The devs of Deus Ex seem to have hated the original game etc.

Oh, and don't get me started on what Bethuzzah did to the Fallout franchise.

I'll get you started, whats so bad with Fallout 3 and NV? I thought they were amazing games that don't have to many falts apart from the bugs. I continually see so many people posting comments like "oh my god fallout 3 so bad" when they give no reasoning. I've played all the fallouts and most of the elder scrolls and yes, obilvion and fallout 3 may not have been as good but in no way does it make them bad games :\
Just strikes me as odd
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
December 21 2010 13:55 GMT
#209
Oblivion was good after a few mods/overhauls, especially to change the atrocious leveling system. Hopefully they'll do a bit better with this one.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
December 21 2010 14:07 GMT
#210
@scaramanga

New Vegas wasnt bad at all, but it wasnt made by bethesda either. fo3 was bad cause of bad story, atrocious writing and characters, stupid quests and silly worldbuilding. they messed up pretty much everything that has to do with rpgs, and they had bad combat to boot.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
TymerA
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands759 Posts
December 21 2010 22:59 GMT
#211
Does anyone think some form of NV's Hardcore mode should/could be implemented? I know oblivion had mods for such things but it would be nice to see in vanilla. Food in oblivion was redundant , useless and only for decoration :/
nice.
Polis
Profile Joined January 2005
Poland1292 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-21 23:35:41
December 21 2010 23:18 GMT
#212
On December 21 2010 06:09 Luhh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2010 00:27 WiljushkA wrote:
On December 18 2010 05:25 Boblion wrote:
On December 18 2010 03:47 iamke55 wrote:
I don't understand how people can think non-Bethesda RPGs are good unless they haven't played Oblivion.

Usually it is the other way around.


exactly. oblivion isnt even an rpg compared to some legendary titles.


Agreed.

Go to "the codex" and learn proper form and stance regarding Ahr-Pee-Gees iamke55. It's serious business.

While you'll level up and gain lots of wisdom, you'll be left feeling disillusioned and bitter like the elite.

The last time I raised an eyebrow in this genre was for Divine Divinity (which was rather meh, but had some nice things in it and great music - still tons better than Obliphan), and Risen - which somewhat resembled a proper "Gothic game". That's it for the Action genre since Gothic 1 and 2.


Gothic 3 /w community patch 1.74 is good. Turn alternative balancing, and new AI (it is the difficulty menu), and even the combat is decent with those changes, no more infinite stun lock or clicking till you kill enemy you have to time your attacks, and defence.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-22 00:19:14
December 22 2010 00:14 GMT
#213
On December 21 2010 06:09 Luhh wrote:
Go to "the codex" and learn proper form and stance regarding Ahr-Pee-Gees iamke55. It's serious business.

The Codex is to CRPGs what TL would be to Starcraft if it had zero moderation.

They're right about a lot of things, but telling someone go visit The Codex is a good way to make them disagree with you, because their attitude is so antagonistic/trollish about it that they don't really get the idea across in a good way.

On December 21 2010 23:07 WiljushkA wrote:
@scaramanga

New Vegas wasnt bad at all, but it wasnt made by bethesda either. fo3 was bad cause of bad story, atrocious writing and characters, stupid quests and silly worldbuilding. they messed up pretty much everything that has to do with rpgs, and they had bad combat to boot.

You forgot to also mention that they totally butchered the SPECIAL system--giving you so many perks that they lost all meaning, reducing the effect of the overall stats spread (e.g. the difference in carrying capacity for 1 Strength and 10 Strength is 225 lbs in FO1/2, and only 90 lbs in FO3), adding skill point caps, and at the same time giving you more skill points than necessary--all in all making every character more same-y, and giving you the feeling that your character building decisions don't actually matter.
Moderator
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
December 22 2010 00:40 GMT
#214
Morrowind bored me to tears as soon as I began the journey to the next city, and I presumed Oblivion to be the same. Will this be the same as well?
Accer
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)319 Posts
December 22 2010 00:54 GMT
#215
I really can't remember the last time i was this hyped for a single player game! I loved all the previous Elder Scrolls and am truly excited that this newest one is featuring the Nords (my favorite race) as the hero race this time... plus.... we FINALLY get to see the dragons.... ^_^
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
December 23 2010 14:47 GMT
#216
On December 21 2010 06:32 Ordained wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 12:36 Squeegy wrote:
I don't know why I think this is quite exciting news. Oblivion was so bad and Fallout 3 wasn't much of an improvement. I guess there is always hope.

If you did not like Oblivion or Fall out 3 do not buy this game, it will not be different.

Skyrim will be slow paced high fantasy just like Oblivion. Save $60 if that is not your cup of tea.

I for one will be buying this first day, I loved oblivion and still play it occasionally.


Yeah, because I didn't like Oblivion because it is slow paced high fantasy? I didn't like it because it is a bad game.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
December 23 2010 14:51 GMT
#217
I had a blast playing Oblivion, and I can't wait to see what they can do with Elder Scrolls V!
I'll probably download this on steam as soon as it's available.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 17:36:22
December 23 2010 17:34 GMT
#218
On December 22 2010 09:14 TheYango wrote:
The Codex is to CRPGs what TL would be to Starcraft if it had zero moderation.

They're right about a lot of things, but telling someone go visit The Codex is a good way to make them disagree with you, because their attitude is so antagonistic/trollish about it that they don't really get the idea across in a good way.


Just checked their forums, they are kinda funny retarded. Reminds me of the Sherdog forums if you are into boxing / MMA.
Nothing beat insomnia.ac when it comes down to rage and hate in video games though.
Kinda sad that they are the only guys worth reading even if 90% of the content are insults... sad times.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-23 17:44:21
December 23 2010 17:38 GMT
#219
Hopefully this game will have all the great gameplay elements from morrowind as well as the more immersive storyline, and the gorgeous graphics and landscapes of oblivion. It would easily be my GOTY for 2011 if it had those things. In my mind Fallout 3 was one of the biggest disappointments ever to come out of Bethesda.

My problem with Fallout 3 is the stupid combat (it aims for you? who ever thought that was a good idea?), the wierd dialogue, the lack of any immersion whatsoever (that constant feeling that "i'm playing a game... and it's not very good") and the enemies that level with you. At least in Oblivion they were replaced with stronger enemies instead of just becoming buff but i would like to see more variation in the types of enemies!
U Gotta Skate.
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
December 23 2010 17:41 GMT
#220
codex is epic, for every good thread there are 99 bad ones, but they're ALL hilarious to read. if you get the inside jokes.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 520
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30647
Bisu 2608
Shuttle 1699
Hyuk 1060
EffOrt 833
Mini 744
Soma 401
Larva 394
ZerO 243
firebathero 233
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 58
Hyun 45
Mong 44
PianO 36
Trap 36
Pusan 35
Killer 31
ToSsGirL 28
zelot 16
Rock 15
sorry 14
Terrorterran 13
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 10
Bale 8
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9296
qojqva1658
Dendi945
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1391
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1057
Beastyqt764
Mlord347
Hui .237
Livibee191
Liquid`VortiX149
ArmadaUGS124
KnowMe120
elazer80
Mew2King76
FrodaN17
CosmosSc2 15
ZerO(Twitch)15
Trikslyr3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 57
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7514
League of Legends
• Jankos1758
Other Games
• Shiphtur242
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
FEL
13m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 13m
INu's Battles
20h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 13m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.