• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:35
CEST 18:35
KST 01:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8389 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 586 Next
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 14:47:39
December 14 2010 14:38 GMT
#161
On December 14 2010 08:46 iamke55 wrote:
Can someone explain what made Morrowind so much better than Oblivion? I couldn't take the lack of voice acting, small font, no fast traveling, impossible combat, and general instability preventing me from alt-tabbing to read guides. On the other hand, Oblivion with FCOM was the best single player video game experience I ever had. What am I missing out on?


morrowind had better lore, better story, better art direction, atmosphere, actual exploration since there were very little random generated things (almost everything was hand placed), more skills and spells, more items and unique items, scary atmosphere (in oblivion you always knew you could defeat whatever the game threw at you cause of level scaling, lvl 1 or lvl 20, in morrowind up to lvl 20 (which took quite a lot if you weren't abusing skill training and masters) you could still get unpleasant surprises), and a pretty complex political situation between the great houses, empire, tribunal and imperial cult with guilds mutually exclusive and actually interacting with each other between quests.
all those things, with non-level generated loot, gave the game a real sense of accomplishment, a pretty important thing in an rpg. also oblivion was generic as fuck and had horrible dialogue (and so few of it) and writing, while morrowind was pretty original and cool, and had pretty decent writing (even though the wiki-style dialogue wasnt the greatest idea).

also obviously there is a difference of tastes here, i think most of the people who loved morrowind didnt really read guides cause they liked the sense of exploring. you reading guides for everything will kill a lot of the joy you can get from rpgs like morrowind. and morrowind did have fast travel, just not in the completely overwhelming form it took in oblivion. you had mages guild teleports, ships, silt striders, and the crystals in dunmer strongholds, which all not only provided fast travel means, but also flavor.

also the lack of voice acting isnt something thats a problem to a lot of the old school players, not only are they pretty much used to it, but it also means that theres a lot more dialogue in the game (epic dialogues like the one you can have with vivec and some other characters are pretty rare when you have to do voice acting, and thats a shame cause they add so much more depth to the game and the backstory).
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 15:57:53
December 14 2010 15:16 GMT
#162
On December 14 2010 23:38 WiljushkA wrote:
also the lack of voice acting isnt something thats a problem to a lot of the old school players, not only are they pretty much used to it, but it also means that theres a lot more dialogue in the game (epic dialogues like the one you can have with vivec and some other characters are pretty rare when you have to do voice acting, and thats a shame cause they add so much more depth to the game and the backstory).


Voice acting is a great idea but as you say there's simply too many problems related to. Especially in a game that wants to be as large as TES games do, there's simply no way to have good dialogue and good voice acting. I personally liked the Fallout style where'd you have some important characters with voice acting but the rest was just text.

There is also a single thing no TES game has had but that is very important for every single RPG game out there. An optional super boss. Or a few even! Something that still gives you challenge when you are very high level with uber items. If such a creature is not in the game, the game will end up very boring after a certain point.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
Celadan
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway471 Posts
December 14 2010 15:21 GMT
#163
Hope they add capes this time around^^
спеціальна Тактика
Blobskillz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany548 Posts
December 14 2010 16:33 GMT
#164
On December 15 2010 00:21 Celadan wrote:
Hope they add capes this time around^^


who cares about gay capes ? this is not Batman
TeslaTv
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway31 Posts
December 14 2010 16:33 GMT
#165
Oh my fucking giggedy God... Can't wait!
I never played Morrowind, 'cause I didn't own an computer at that time, but I have played "trough" Oblivion three times, and I still have chills on my dickhair from the feelings I got when I played it.
I really felt like I was 'in' the game. I really enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood!
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
December 14 2010 16:55 GMT
#166
On December 15 2010 01:33 [nGs]AnimA wrote:
Oh my fucking giggedy God... Can't wait!
I never played Morrowind, 'cause I didn't own an computer at that time, but I have played "trough" Oblivion three times, and I still have chills on my dickhair from the feelings I got when I played it.
I really felt like I was 'in' the game. I really enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood!

Well your missing out. There is nothing stopping you from buying it now and play it, is there? I assure you you won't be sorry for that.

On the topic tho I hope they make it as interesting as Morrowind but still with something new that won't destroy the lore. Not only shiny new graphics and effects with no/stupid story. -_-
Forever Vulture.. :(
TeslaTv
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway31 Posts
December 14 2010 17:02 GMT
#167
On December 15 2010 01:55 IceCube wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2010 01:33 [nGs]AnimA wrote:
Oh my fucking giggedy God... Can't wait!
I never played Morrowind, 'cause I didn't own an computer at that time, but I have played "trough" Oblivion three times, and I still have chills on my dickhair from the feelings I got when I played it.
I really felt like I was 'in' the game. I really enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood!

Well your missing out. There is nothing stopping you from buying it now and play it, is there? I assure you you won't be sorry for that.

On the topic tho I hope they make it as interesting as Morrowind but still with something new that won't destroy the lore. Not only shiny new graphics and effects with no/stupid story. -_-


Hm... I think I'll actually buy the game via steam or something. Doubt I'll find it at a videogame store in Norway now xD
Not that I really care about the graphics that much or anything, but I hope my nerdeyes aren't repelling it too much ^^
winter017
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States103 Posts
December 14 2010 17:16 GMT
#168
I'm looking forward to this. I never actually played Morrowwind even though I had a friend describe me the game and what he described seemed better than oblivion - but for some reason I just loved playing Oblivion. For that matter I also loved playing Fallout 3 but I think that was more of an overall atmosphere thing - VATS just got dumb after a while. So hopefully this game is at least as good as those two. Hopefully my computer can run it!
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 17:52:46
December 14 2010 17:18 GMT
#169
On December 15 2010 00:16 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2010 23:38 WiljushkA wrote:
also the lack of voice acting isnt something thats a problem to a lot of the old school players, not only are they pretty much used to it, but it also means that theres a lot more dialogue in the game (epic dialogues like the one you can have with vivec and some other characters are pretty rare when you have to do voice acting, and thats a shame cause they add so much more depth to the game and the backstory).


Voice acting is a great idea but as you say there's simply too many problems related to. Especially in a game that wants to be as large as TES games do, there's simply no way to have good dialogue and good voice acting. I personally liked the Fallout style where'd you have some important characters with voice acting but the rest was just text.

There is also a single thing no TES game has had but that is very important for every single RPG game out there. An optional super boss. Or a few even! Something that still gives you challenge when you are very high level with uber items. If such a creature is not in the game, the game will end up very boring after a certain point.


I'm fairly sure the King in mournhold would count as an optional boss...The royal signet ring is probably the most broken item in the game.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
December 14 2010 17:46 GMT
#170
On December 15 2010 01:33 Blobskillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2010 00:21 Celadan wrote:
Hope they add capes this time around^^

who cares about gay capes ? this is not Batman

I'm going to start an online petition to boycott Skyrim unless capes are involved. This. Is. SPARTA.

I'm a little surprised by all the Oblivion hate in this thread. Morrowind was a better game for its time, but that doesn't mean Oblivion sucked. I played the shit out of both and loved every second. Aside from Fallout 3's horrible ending, it was awesome, too. Lighten up, everyone. Bethesda makes great games.
WiljushkA
Profile Joined March 2006
Serbia1416 Posts
December 14 2010 18:01 GMT
#171
nope, fo3 and oblivion were many things but not great games.
"As much as I love the image of me F5-ing paypal every 15 minutes while fist pumping and screaming "SHIP THE MONEY BITCHES"" - Day9
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
December 14 2010 18:12 GMT
#172
Is it just me or has every game since Daggerfall had progressively less customization options? I remember Daggerfall just had a bazillion different ways to customize your character at generation. Morrowind had a decent amount of options, and then in Oblivion everything was limited and consolidated as fuck. I wanna have a lot of different weapons, abilities, spells, and characteristics that differentiate my character and make the gameplay experience different. In oblivion it just didn't feel like it actually mattered what skills/race/class I chose.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
EdSlyB
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Portugal1621 Posts
December 14 2010 18:36 GMT
#173
Seems interesting. But I'm waiting for 'The witcher 2".
aka Wardo
Blobskillz
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany548 Posts
December 14 2010 18:38 GMT
#174
On December 15 2010 03:12 Drowsy wrote:
Is it just me or has every game since Daggerfall had progressively less customization options? I remember Daggerfall just had a bazillion different ways to customize your character at generation. Morrowind had a decent amount of options, and then in Oblivion everything was limited and consolidated as fuck. I wanna have a lot of different weapons, abilities, spells, and characteristics that differentiate my character and make the gameplay experience different. In oblivion it just didn't feel like it actually mattered what skills/race/class I chose.


ye same here

Bow + Sneak was broken beyond repair anyway when you didnt want to waste time on magic cause that was even worse
Boxxer
Profile Joined December 2010
83 Posts
December 14 2010 18:47 GMT
#175
:O I'm so excited, I love elder scrolls games. My favorite RPG's.
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-14 19:13:07
December 14 2010 19:09 GMT
#176
On December 14 2010 23:18 Scaramanga wrote:
I am actually very happy that there's another game in this awesome series
made my day


There will be a lot more in the future, seeing that Bethesda has just explored a few provinces in the continent of Tamriel (Hammerfell, High Rock, Cyrodiil, Morrowind). There are Black Marsh, Valenwood, Summerset Isle... to go. And then when we are finished with Tamriel we'll have a plethora of other continents in the planet of Nirn lol. As long as Bethesda can keep up the good work they have been doing (and remove stupid annoying limitations) the series will continue to kick ass for a long, long time.
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
TeslaTv
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway31 Posts
December 14 2010 20:18 GMT
#177
Pooped my pants...
TheGiz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada708 Posts
December 14 2010 20:21 GMT
#178
Very excited for this, although I will either have to get a new computer or be limited to a console version of this game.

Played the shit out of Oblivion almost to the point of failing out of university. And that was the vanilla version with the graphics turned down! I had it on PC and would play 10+ hours per day, completely missing all my classes for the day. Eventually I snapped out of it and haven't played it since.

Later I got Fallout 3 for the PS3. Plays great and I love it except when I sometimes wander the Capital Wasteland for like 3 hours and then die... without having saved for 3 hours. It's happened more than a few times. Great game though, but I wish it had more sidequests and books.
Life is not about making due with what you have; it's about finding out just how much you can achieve. Never settle for anything less than the best. - - - Read my blog!
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-15 02:40:46
December 15 2010 02:40 GMT
#179
I'll put it this way. If at level 3, I can go pretty much wherever i want in the world, and not be slaughtered by some random 4 times my level guy...then I do not want.
Along the same lines, if I kill a lonely cave bandit at level 25, he shouldn't drop the best class of weapon in the entire game. Farking bandits with ridiculously "high end" armor and swords.....WTF?
AP0LL0
Profile Joined December 2010
United States9 Posts
December 15 2010 20:24 GMT
#180
Loved the hints of Morrowind theme in that trailer, soo good.
Anyone else really disappointed it isn't set in Akavir? Seems like such a crazy, amazing setting to work with! Monkey men, snow demons, vampire snakes and tiger dragon kings, all sorts of crazy stuff, plus the protagonist from TES3 went there after Morrowind, they could have built on that.
Skyrim still seems great, they Retconned Oblivion, the NPCs in Morrowind described Cyrodiil as a jungle climate, maybe they will do that so its not SNOW SNOW SNOW everywhere.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1094
SteadfastSC891
TaKeTV 587
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 891
IndyStarCraft 210
ProTech150
Rex 148
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44038
Bisu 2660
EffOrt 951
Shuttle 594
Soma 565
BeSt 519
Mini 431
Light 377
Larva 349
Rush 232
[ Show more ]
ZerO 189
Hyuk 116
firebathero 80
Mong 67
Dewaltoss 53
Pusan 48
Sexy 40
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 25
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 15
yabsab 14
Rock 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc9677
qojqva1487
Counter-Strike
fl0m1172
Fnx 806
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1175
Other Games
hiko1504
FrodaN822
DeMusliM384
Hui .197
Livibee182
ArmadaUGS160
KnowMe122
XaKoH 109
QueenE101
Mew2King74
C9.Mang039
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• poizon28 39
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3978
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 25m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 25m
Online Event
18h 25m
FEL
23h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.